Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
pinkpepper

Hony Mone

Three honeys blended with seven fruits, flowers, and herbs of passion, pleasure, and joy: honeysuckle, fig, carnation, apricot, jasmine, tonka, and almond.

I love the lab's honey scents. I love Honey Moon, though the thyme tends to last too long after the honey fades, and I want to wash it off. That said, I LOVE Hony Mone!! I get all honey/jasmine/honeysuckle, and though I don't really pick it out, I also have a weakness for scents that have apricot in them. On me, Hony Mone doesn't morph much, and lasts fairly long. Sweet, warm, rich honey/floral without being cloying. Yum!!

In the bottle: Chocolate! Reminds me of the way 7/7/7's Thirteen smells before putting it on.

Wet: Almost all chocolate still. Nice but kind of overwhelming.

Drydown: Now the fruits and florals start to appear. I really do smell chocolate covered fruits and honeysuckle. I was worried about the jasmine, as most tend to smell funky at one stage or another, but this one does not. Sweet sweet chocolate covered fruits is mostly what I get but the honeysuckle and honeys come out and make this more complex. Oh oh oh, now the chocolate is almost gone and this is honeysuckle and honey! Hooray!

It's very interesting. I prefer the drydown stage with the florals and honey. Honeysuckle is my favorite single note so I'm biased. Most of the time I can't detect it in other blends, but in this one it comes out nicely. I can see this one really becoming a treasure of my collection. Thanks to hkhm for trading it to me :P

In vial: sweet, creamy and smooth. I can make out honey, almond and fig.

Wet on skin: sweet and mild and thick and slightly nutty. Very well blended. I can just make out honey, carnation, almond and fig, but the overall impression is delicate yet subtly rich and smooth.

Dry on skin: for a while there I was really regretting not getting a bottle of this while I had the chance. But now it seems a little on the bland and sickly side. I'm not getting the rich, dark, sexy honey I was hoping for. And the apricot and jasmine are coming out now - I don't like apricot. Oh well. If I was to sum this scent up in just one word, it would be "bland".

Next morning there was just a pleasant trace of honey. I wish I'd got more honey from this.

On me, Hony Mone is honeysuckle with a base of honey and a hint of almond. It's lovely and definitely better suited for the warmer months.

This is surprisingly very floral and not as honeyed as the name suggests when it is applied and still drying. There is a slight hint of the mildest spice – I’m wondering if those are the herbs of passion? I really like the honeysuckle in this, makes it a very youthful, exuberant fragrance just like a marriage in first blush. Have decided the herbs make it very sultry. Despite dousing my arm in it accidentally, it is quite a gentle fragrance. I like that there is a touch of innocence about it.

I did not order a bottle of this scent because honeysuckle, jasmine, and almond are usually deal breakers for me. I cautiously tried a decant that was gifted to me in a recent Forum purchase.

In the vial: spicy and rich, but not cloyingly sweet.

Wet on skin: I was expecting cloying floral doom, but this is lovely. Sweet and spicy, not not cloyingly sweet, or the "dirty honey" smell.

Dry: I don't know whether to be happy or sad! I was not expecting to like this scent and I love it! Now I have to try to hunt down a bottle...

Hone Mone – Why, oh why do honey notes so often have to smell like dirty diaper on me? I am so disappointed because even though honey doesn’t usually like my skin, the other notes in this blend sounded so delectable that I hoped it would work and smell very exotic and Middle Eastern. Sadly, the dirty diaper cent overwhelms every last note in this blend, with the exception of the warm, creamy tonka, but that doesn’t smell so good when surrounded by dirty diaper. What a sad day this is that my skin chemistry has to work so grotesquely with Hone Mone. :P

I keep avoiding posting a review, because I'm having a serious argument with this one. If only it would stay at the wet stage, when the honey, tonka, almond, and honeysuckle predominate. Then, as it dries down, it goes seriously off. It goes nasty, and gets an undertone of stale sweat.

Sob. I think it's the Evil Jasmine. Jasmine and gardenia can go seriously wrong on me, and while a few of the Lab's blends can manage with my chemistry, despite either of those components, this doesn't seem to be one of them. I haven't determined to send it on its way, yet, wondering if it might be okay as a room scent or a scent locket, because the wet stage is so nice. However, there are other honey blends that work well on me. This isn't one of them, though I wish it was.

Wet this smells like musk and amber, soft and sweet honey and probably vanilla too. When first on this is strong jasmine, wet and floral. After a few minutes the jasmine calms down and an earthy note develops- maybe this is the fig. This becomes a sweet floral with a touch of earthiness. It's similar to the original Honey Moon lunacy blend but is a bit darker. I'm curious to see how this will age. Lovely!

I avoided ordering this when it was released, laboring under the false assumption that honey notes = bad for me. It's nice to be proven wrong sometimes!

In the bottle: While the honey is what scared me off from the listing, smelling the perfume I am most frightened by the amount of jasmine I smell. I hope this doesn't go straight to floral hell, despite jasmine being rather nice to me in general.

Wet: Lots of jasmine! It's a soft scent, however, which blends really nicely with the honeysuckle (my favorite), and even the honey. So far, it's not sour at all. In fact, it's great! Honey has gone pretty sour on my skin in the past, but the florals (particularly the aforementioned honeysuckle and jasmine) really compliment the sweetness of the honey.

Dry: I can smell just a teensy bit of fig and the herbal components of this blend in the background, keeping this from being too cloying. I sometimes catch whiffs of the chocolatey scent that Tempest mentions -- I think it's the combination of the herbs, honey, and tonka that give that impression. I (sadly) don't really get any apricot or (fortunately) carnation. The throw, particularly from my locket, is mostly honeysuckle -- which is just to die for! After about 5 hours my skin has faded this to pretty much a memory of honeyed florals and not much else. While the throw is slightly above average, the wearlength isn't, so slather away.

I can't believe I let this one get away!

I can't believe I've ignored this scent for 2-3 months. At that time, I sniffed it from the bottle and thought 'foody' and promptly put it away. Fast forward to yesterday when I decided to finally do a skin test and Oh.My.Word. :D <-- *awed in a good way*

In the bottle, its all sweet almond on me (thus the initial foody perception). So I gingerly swiped a bit on my wrist and the jasmine and honeysuckle blooms :P. It stays that way 'til drydown, that's when the honey and fruits step forward and embraces the almondy florals. Later on, as the almond fades, there's a hint of saltiness that is reminiscent of clean-smelling sweat (or dried tears). But it's lovely, beyond lovely even. Not a lot of throw on me, more of a skin scent actually. But by golly, my skin has never smelled sooooo good.

Hony Mone is :D.

Edited by mandragora

Hony Mone

In the imp: chocolate (where’s that coming from?) and almonds with an undertone of honeyed jasmine.

Wet on skin: honeyed jasmine (reminds me of Honey Moon!) with almonds, tonka, chocolate and apricot.

Dry on skin: oooh, this is pretty! The jasmine is strong, and I fear it will turn, but for now it is nice, it reminds me of the jasmine in Bigger Critters. I also smell lots of honey, and yes, it does remind me of Honey Moon. I also smell the almond (nutty as opposed to cherry-like) and maybe some honeysuckle, and I think it’s the tonka that’s making this a little bit sweet and almost chocolaty. I also smell some honeysuckle which may or may not turn to soap, a little bit of carnation and a creamy fig note reminiscent of Sagittarius. For now it is a lovely scent but there’s something there…can’t quite put my finger on it, but it’s not quite right, it smells a bit funky, a bit sharp, a little soapy. Maybe this scent will stabilise a bit more.

After a while: ah, that’s more like it. Whatever that weird funky note was before, it’s now gone and all the components of the scent have now merged nicely. The dominant scent I get is honey-gilded jasmine and honeysuckle, and now I get no horrid bitterness from the jasmine at all, and the soapy impression I got from the honeysuckle has faded. Now this reminds me of the original Honey Moon, and the honeys in here are very similar. This though is a bit heavier, a bit more decadent, a little sweeter thanks to the fruit and tonka.

The drydown reminds me more and more of Honey Moon, which is fantastic because I love Honey Moon and I haven’t found another honey scent like it. This one is a little bit stickier and richer, and also has a more ‘voluptuous’ feel to it than the summery herbal honey of Honey Moon. It’s also a creamy scent, creamy flowers and honey…the drydown reminds me of Euphrosyne. There’s nothing sharp about the honey in here, it’s just sweet and soothing.

Verdict: yes, as I expected and hoped, this is like Honey Moon, but it’s also very different. At first I’m not sure about it-there are loads of wonderful notes, but there’s also something that smells funky that I’m not keen on. This does disappear, and despite threats from jasmine and honeysuckle wanting to turn soapy, this doesn’t turn to soap like I fear, and it turns into one of the most gorgeous honeyed jasmine scents ever! Think BiggerCritters with added honey! The honey is very similar to Honey Moon (and I love that honey note), only less summery and outdoorsy and much richer and more luxurious, thanks to the fruit and tonka, which also keep the honeysuckle in check. Overall, I still prefer the lighter and sunnier scent of Honey Moon but this is a fabulous fragrance, both in scent and inspiration, and I definitely want to keep a bottle.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Yes-one bottle will do for now but I’m not sure if I need a second yet…

If you like this, try: Honey Moon 05, Eos, Mad Kate, Peitho, MB: Bigger Critters, Euphrosyne, Diwali, Bilquis

Edited by yeahbutnobut

In the bottle - the jasmine is so strong to me that it is making my eyes water! I wasn't even sure I wanted to test this any further

Wet on skin - I can smell the honey but it's in the background with the florals still strong up front

Dry on skin - the scent hasn't changed much on me, it just seems a bit less strong. It seems quite sweet and flowery and soapy at the same time. I totally agree with the comparisons to biggerCritter. That one went to a new home too. Oh well, I'm glad I at least tried it

I just can't figure out if I like this or love this.

In the bottle I was scared of it. The jasmine immediately went for my head and sinuses. I, as someone above, seriously considered not testing further.

Wet: The sweet and the jasmine fought with each other HARD. Periodically the honeysuckle sticks itself out, but runs away again. The notes here just did not want to blend, so one sniff was all nasty floral and the next was sweet smoothness. I put this in my swap box.

Dry down: Oh. My. It smells like warm, soft skin. Subtle, sweetly floral without whatever it is that makes most florals go grandma on my skin. I don't detect any powder and no single note is stepping forward on my skin to announce itself. Instead this is just a thoroughly happy and charming marriage of scents. Figures that they were fighting first :P I've now added a bottle of this to my ISO list...

Wet: Honey honey honey! That's all I smell while it's wet.

First on: Carnation, a bit of fruit, like a wild honey and a garden.

Dry: A more flowery twist on Honey Moon (who knew that was possible!), and it's gorgeous. The only downside is that on longer wearing the jasmine seems to get a bit sharp. I think between the two, I probably like Honey Moon better simply for the gardenia over carnation, but this stands on its own.

Bottle--Mmm. Smells like honeyed cocoa. Absolutely delicious. I can even pick out the tonka and almond.

Wet--Sharper, but still sweet. I can smell the carnation now and I hope it doesn't overtake the rest.

Drydown--sweet florals. I don't usually like florals, but the honey and tonka notes give it something extra. Every now and then the almond and fig come out too. Very nice.

In the bottle: Hmm. I can't smell the honey at all. Honeysuckle, Jasmine, and a sweetness that could be the tonka.

Dry on Skin: Sweetened up a bit but still a dark floral. Jasmine, Honeysuckle, tonka - almost musky! Not getting any of the fig, apricot, or carnation.

Loving it though.

In the bottle, this is sickly sweet - all honey and I swear I smell vanilla.

It's much nicer on my skin - there's the honeysuckle, and jasmine, but they're very subdued, not overwhelming.

I've never had a scent where honey worked on my skin, but this is very nice. It's all honey when it's dry. Definitely glad I have a bottle.

in the imp: more floral than anything else. a very sweet, thick floral.

wet on skin: very cloying, very floral. i'm not getting much in the way of honey, strangely enough. hmmm...

dry down: ah! THERE'S the honey! and lots of it! whoo hoo! i am getting little hints of floral, they comes and go, mostly something a bit ginger-y (might be the carnation) and something sweet, like gardenia. it's really lovely.

in all: ok, who's gonna swap me a bottle of this?!?!? :P

Initial impression:

Warm honey and beautiful tonka – ahh, fantastic! Fabulous!

First on:

Tonka, with a bit of stingy jasmine and something sweet (honey, I'd guess).

Dry:

After 20 mins, it's a soft floral with the lightest touches of warmth and sweetness to it. Aww, I hope my skin doesn't eat this scent...

An hour or so later, it's warm and pleasant, but very faint.

Finally:

I'm torn... It's pretty, but has NO throw on me. :/

In the bottle I smell jasmine, maybe some honey, and something dark. Chocolate. Yep, this smells like a 13 variation.

Once applied, the flowers vanish and it smells of chocolate, musk, and honey. That may sound good, but it is not, it’s actually quite terrible. It’s similar to the 13’s, but over the top. Way over the top and just too much.

As it wears, the jasmine comes out and blends with the honey, chocolate, musky mess that is developing on my skin. Honeysuckle too. Combined, they are quite sharp and add a sharp, screeching quality to this scent. It catches the nose and makes my nostrils ache when I breathe this scent in trying to figure out what it smells like.

It almost smells like there’s black pepper in there too – there’s something the tiniest bit spicy in that sharp floral hook of a topnote. The musky chocolate honey is still there, at the base, and actually smells kind of ok if I can get beyond that floral assault. The jasmine and honeysuckle are combining in a very heady way, in the same way that orchids are heady and overpowering (but I like orchids).

For the most part, I like most scents, and I’d like to like this one, but I just can’t. Honey typically does bad things on my skin and this scent is no exception. I’m sure it’s not just the honey, there’s some other iffy notes for me in here that when combined just don’t work on my skin.

in the imp: sweet honey and almonds :D delicious, i really like it in the imp!

wet: honey and spicey men's cologne? :P

i'm wondering where the honey and almond are?

maybe my decant has reached it's expiration date?

i can kinda pick out the honey/almond scent but mostly it's men's cologne

Edited by djsiberia

This has such a rich, warm scent! There's a deep, almost chocolatey sweetness in the background that makes the very prominent jasmine take on a different character than it usually has - its deeper and doesn't tickle my nose like usual. The jasmine burned off within an hour and now it's all honey and fig and apricot. I love this!

What she said! I concur with this review. I was expecting all honey and jazmin, like flying fox, but I was pleasantly suprised. The jazmin behaves itself and I get mostly honey and jazmin notes initially but when it dries the honey, fruit and nuts (I could not pick out individual notes) smelled like white-chocolate covered fruits--the apricot stands out most for me, but fig is nicely rounding out the fruit stuff. I usually don't go much for fruit scents but I make an exception for fig and apricots. I thought I was the only one smelling chocolate in this, but scanning through the reviews, I guess my nose is not as wonky as it seems. Luckily the almond also behaves, I thought that would be a deal-breaker, but it wasn't. The jaz and the almond behave so this is a great HONEY and FIG scent.

YUMMY

Me happy

In the bottle: Sweet, warm, slightly foody and a little spicy. The honeys, carnation, tonka and almond jump out.

Wet: Wow, way more floral and herbal; much less foody-sweet. The carnation has amped majorly, and I can now smell the jasmine. It's not overwhelming as jasmine can be on me - it's still a bit soapy, though. The honeysuckle is there but faint. I'm quite sure the strong herbal presence involves thyme at the very least. Tonka and almond are still present, but definitely in the background, fortunately for me. The honeys are less apparent, too, and that I'm not so happy about. .

Dry: The fig is giving this a lot of sensual depth, but isn't cloying the way that fig often is. Crazy strong throw; I can smell it with my hand outstretched as far as my arm goes. Unfortunately, I think the jasmine is really taking over, or else the other notes are fading and the jasmine is not. This was my problem with Honey Moon, too.

Summary: Jasmine and thyme with hints of honey. Sadly, as usual, jasmine hates my skin. It is an unrequited love affair we have, Jasmine and I.

In the bottle this is RICH. The initial whiff put the feeling in the back of my throat when you've eaten wayyyy to much of a delicious dessert, and can't even eat that last bite - no matter how yummy it looks. Very golden and somehow buttery, like a shot of the riches melted toffee. Wow.

On the skin this richness disappears almost instantly. What replaces it is a darkly sweetened floral. I love it. The drydown is giving me wafts of something incensey and beautiful.

Will be hoarding. :P