Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Fury

Winter smells and scents, including the perfect winter forest

I'm looking for something close to Pier 1's Snowscape, Bath & Body Work's Winter, or a candle Illuminations carried last year called December. Basically something that smells like pine and ice, woods and snow and maybe a little bit like berries. The closest I have is Wolf Moon, but I'm looking for something new.

Jólasveinar sounds lovely but I'm afraid I'll amp the florals.

Winter: Shimmering pine, crisp bay leaf and red cinnamon.

& Naturally can't find notes for the other two!

Any recommendations?

Edited by ivyandpeony
Merged winter forest thread w/ winter smells and scents thread, combined titles

I haven't tried any of the other brands you mentioned but this year's Yule LE Snow Storm is the perfect winter forest to me! Ice, snow, pine and woods, absolutely. (in contrast, Jolasveinar was very sweet and pastry-like to me, with some snow on top, not woodsy at all and not very floral, to this nose.)

If you need a hit of berries, Yew Trees and Jersey Devil also have a strong woodsy scent with a hint of berries. The discontinued scent Skadi might also fit the bill.

The new LE November also has a good amount of woods and snow.

But I think Snow Storm right now is absolute perfection!

Edited by sarada

I'd add a rec for Talvikuu (discon from yules...2005?) to the list. I was wearing it yesterday and its a lovely evergreen (but not pinesol) forest in the snow. "Skeletal limbs of birch and fir coated in a thick, impenetrable blanket of snow. This is the death of the year personified."

I feel lucky......Jolasveinar is perfectly balanced on my skin......just the right hints of floral and sweet/spicy pastry, behind the slushy/snowy fir. :P

It's exactly like that on my skin, too. I love that one!

I just got thr Snow Storm today, and I absolutely agree that it is the perfect-most winter/snow/woods smell that I could ever imagine!

Thank you so much for everyone's suggestions!!

I have a rather large order planned now including lots of suggestions from that pine thread. Can't wait to try them!

I'm a HUGE winter person and when this time of the year comes around I like to engulf myself in the scents, sounds and feelings of it all. So being new I need a little help when it comes to choosing and deciding. What I'm looking for really are cold winters night warming smells and cold white flower smells. The former being perhaps church smells, oranges with cloves, sandalwood, old time smells, something that sums up the spices and incense of christmas with a touch of vanilla to soften it perhaps. The latter is more a snowy, girlie perfume. Lilys perhaps, something floral but vintage that works well with cold winter days. I'll go with anything on those lines as long as I can stay away from any lavender notes (headaches ahoy :P ), anything too green and pine, leather and anything with geranium (again, big massive headaches).

Thankyou ever so much to anyone who can help, and anyone who can think of a scent and who may have a little to sell or share please get in touch.

x

I've only tried a few myself, but it sounds like you'd love Snow White. You should definitely check out the Yule limited editions, and for a warm, spicy sort of scent, Morocco is as gorgeous as it gets. Good luck, I hope you find something you like! :P

for a church scent, i like penitence. i would also suggest gingerbread poppet for a spicy, christmasy scent. personally, my favourite sweet, girly scent this year is fruit of paradise though midwinter's eve is lovely as well.

If you want church smells, I'd recommend Cathedral and Hymn, and Haloa ("Wine grapes, myrrh, frankincense and olive leaf, and the warm scent of offertory cakes.") from the Yule LE series.

I love engulfing myself in the Holiday season as well. :P I'm going to be going with March Hare for warmth (it's cloves and apricot but it smells like warm cinnamon apples to me, very Holiday-ish apples) and Loup Garou for cold.

I love engulfing myself in the Holiday season as well.

Yay! Scents are one of the best things about winter time.

So far it seems like I'd do well with getting Midwinter's Eve and the Yule collection. I'd love Hymn too but if I ordered it now I doubt it'd be here in time for christmas and noone seems to be selling it at the moment :D .

But thankyou to everyone! No doubt I'll end up with everything that's been recommended here. :P

I love szepassony. Didn't like snow white ---too much coconut. I like fresh winter air, pine trees, cold streams, wet leaves and the sharp bite of storms. Any recommendations? Particularly among the new scents? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

The Snow Storm.

Also, Ultraviolet is mint, eucalyptus and violet, and the eucalyptus-mint combo is as bracing as Ice Mint Listerine.

Snow storm: where is that? Sounds right up my alley! I don't see it in search on the black phoenix site. Unfortunately, I dislike mint so maybe ultraviolet isn't best for me.

Snow storm: where is that? Sounds right up my alley! I don't see it in search on the black phoenix site. Unfortunately, I dislike mint so maybe ultraviolet isn't best for me.

Look in the Limited Edition section. It is one of the Yules and should be available until 1/15/08. I just looked in the LE section and it is still there.

I have a bottle and it is very nice.