Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Cypress, oak, and pine covered in 2-ply!

as the only non-foody scent of the inquisitions, poor TP'd Trees gets overlooked, I think. But it's simply lovely! It's a crisp, light floral musk that is refreshing and clean. I found that it was quite long-lasting on me, as well. It sort of reminds me of Irish Spring, but mellower and more complex- but it's in that refreshing green category. Very pretty!

? This is a light, gentle, Chloe Narcisse on me.

Not what I expected at ALL!

I was expecting pine sap, and instead I got cottony florals with a hint of musk. It's not bad, but it's a total surprise!

This is a parfum blend - calling all ladies!

It's not what I'm into right now, but it is very very pretty. Still shocked : -)

3.8 out of 5

bottle: a sweet, effervescent green scent. far lighter and sweeter than i would have expected.

wet: still sweet, effervescent and green... though a light, luminous green. i did not expect to like this one as much as i do!

dry: toilet paper! this is a crisp, clean scent that i am so glad to add to my collection.

TP’d Trees

In the imp: sweet fresh pine…which smells a bit like toilet cleaner (not paper though!)

Wet on skin: pine, pine, pine…and a hint of clean soapy floral.

Dry on skin: green pine, a hint of woody cypress and oak, and that sweet, slightly soapy and clean floral note (cotton blossom?) underneath it all. I smell something dusty, white and fluffy which hints at Andrex, but I must say that this does smell like a toilet. Not in a bad way, like Pruno which smelt like a public toilet at it’s cleanest, this smells like a clean bathroom with pine cleaner in a pristine loo, and hints of bath cleaner (something reminiscent of lemon Jif or Mr Muscle) and bubble bath. It reminds me of the creamy lemon cleanser note I got in Delousing Powder, actually…but with pine. It smells too much like bathroom cleaning products to me, but at least it smells clean!

After a while: still reminds me of bathroom cleaner, but it’s actually more pleasant now. It’s a little bit more floral and it reminds me of clean fluffy towels. It also reminds me of air freshener, which isn’t as nice. I don’t get the Buck Moon similarity…maybe a slight hint of the musk from that, but it’s not as lovely as the Buck, and far too soapy and with floral notes that are too loud and a bit fake-smelling.

Verdict: I was hoping this would smell like Buck Moon, like some people said it did. But it didn’t, and I’m not too surprised that this one ended up smelling like a toilet on me. A very clean toilet, thankfully! And a much nicer toilet smell than Pruno. Cleaned with lots of pine disinfectant and lemony limescale remover, with copious amounts of floral air freshener and a hint of flowery scented toilet paper (or wet wipes). It’s very soapy at times, the pine note smells too much like cleaning products (unusual since BPAL pine is usually so lovely) and the floral aspect of this smell is too artificial and cloying for me. I’ve not had a BPAL that smells of Glade yet but this is the closest it gets. So yes, it is very evocative of TP and clean loos, but not my kind of scent at all.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? No.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

TP'd Tree: I would have never expected this based on the notes listed. This reminds me of the pale color aqua. It's a fresh clean smell, nothing harsh here. Cottony with a light aquatic tone. It's in the same class of scent as Enraged Bunny Musk, the difference to me is EBM has a note in it that smells like a handful of that square gum that you get in those 25 cent machines. That note is missing in TPT. Very pretty without being too girly and I believe this would work for both male and female.

Has a roll of TP un-rolling across the label ... really cute!

It's a keeper!

Edited font color.

Edited by beachbabealways

in the bottle: Robitussin

wet: still Robitussin, but slightly floral somehow

30 minutes later: powdery cough syrup

yeah, this smells like cough syrup. just all the way through. I thought I would like this, the reviews sounded so lovely! but all I get is nauseating powdery cough syrup.

don't think I'm going to keep this one.

Were all all my woods? This is like candy, light, sweet and clean. This is actually quite aquatic smelling, with soft light florals in there. Clean, soapy and nothing that makes me think of the headiness that is pine (alright, pine is pretty clean smelling, but usually has a bit more oomph than this). There's that distintive linen note here also. The cypress is there on the dry down, but I have to stick my nose right up to my wrist and sniff really hard to find it amongst all this soapy clean that has developed.

Edited by lilacea

In Vial: Clean

Wet: Super clean with a hint of light sweet. I love the clean smell this has. This is what i wanted dirty to smell like.

Dry: This smells like toilet paper right out of the package but minus the trees. I never did smell the pine.

in the vial: a vague pine-y sort of scent, but mixed with something more 'base', i'm thinking it's the TP! :D

wet on skin: same.

dry down: more of the same, but more gentle.

in all: a novelty that i'm glad to have been able to try, but not something i'd intentionally wear.

:P

In the imp: It's not the pine scent I expected. It smells like something labeled "mountain spring fresh" rather than anything piney or woody.

Wet: Wow, is this subtle. Not at all what I expected. It's aquatic and light, slightly powdery.

Drydown: Still very subtle. Not much throw, but it lasted a decently long time. There's a skin-musk-and-powder scent here that reminds me a lot of Enraged Bunny Musk. I've been putting off testing this one because wood notes are so awful on me, but I really, really like this. It's very light and fresh and cool, a perfect scent for the dog days of summer.

This wasn't as woodsy as I expected in the imp! It was a breezy kind of wood, almost light? Maybe the age/imp impacted how well it kept? As I read through other reviews I see this is pretty normal.

wet: Meh. I'm getting a weird powder that doesn't do my nose any favors. The woods are still there, but the powder is taking the forefront. More TP than tree?

Dry down: not much amp (thank goodness), the powder backed up a bit, but it still is weirdly floraly/powdery on me. I'm not a fan of this one.

In the imp: I get pine with something clean and fresh in the background.

Wet: Sweet, clean, fresh- I can't pick out anything in particular.

Dry: The pine is gone gone gone, and that is what I really liked about the scent. Floral? Yes indeed. Powdery? Absolutely. I'm reminded of some of the old Avon dusting powders. It's a nice scent but not what I hoped it would be. And I had a headache when I put it on this morning. It isn't helping. This is a dabbing fragrance, NOT something to slather.

This is... sweeter than I expected. I get a super clean, light sort of scent. More floral than the description makes it sound. Odd.

I love this. Fresh sweet cotton blossom, crisp clean laundered sheets dried in the sunshine and breeze. I don't get any wood notes from this, or pine. I wear this when I want to feel fresh and clean. Great at bedtime too. I'm so glad I finally got a bottle of this! An imp definitely wouldn't be enough.

Surprisingly nice--this is fresh, clean, and cottony with just a mere hint of piney/woodiness in the mix. It really does smell like a fresh roll of t.p.! Not much staying power, though (sort of like the last roll of t.p. in the house, it's gone before you want it to be), but it's nice while it lasts. Cute concept, good execution.

I don't get much out of the imp. A vague shampoo-like smell, but that's it.

Wet on the skin, I get a sort of generic sweet smell. It might be perfumed toilet paper. It's not particularly objectionable, but I can't pick out individual notes.

As it dries, it gets a little powdery but the "perfume", whatever that is, gets much stronger, too. I'm going to guess it's the musk and as it's giving me a headache, I wonder if it's the same that's in Brom Bones. Which would be weird, but possible, I suppose. Off to wash and send the imp to the swap pile.

I really didn't expect to like this one at all. I do not care at all for the scent of pine. Somehow, though, instead of being piercing and overwhelming, the pine manages to be gentle and a supporting note. Overall, I get a soft, sweet woodsy scent that I like quite a lot.

Soft, cotton/linen and clean with the scent of a lush forest in the back ground.

It feels wet and airy and I totally get the tp'd trees' aspect of the scent. After drydown the pine and the scent of clean cotten mingle beautifully and together they create a gentle perfumey musk. It's sweet, light, airy and very pretty.

Yes, this is definitely woodsy, in a somewhat generic cologny kind of way. Very fresh, masculine, a little too much for me to wear.

In bottle: Pleasing woody blend with something strange that’s sweet and powdery which I think might be the two ply. Wet: The cypress really comes out on the skin. The woods grow more distinct and complex over time. Dry: Sweet toilet paper over trees. No really. It is weirdly attractive.

OMG :joy: perhaps it is because i just acquired this aged partial of tp'd trees but i swear the dry down on me smells just like buck moon and blace laces (two of my favorites!) lovechild! it's so amazing!!! i am gonna apply some now so i can do a proper review. wet i smells a bit of some tropical fruit (a citrus tinge?) unfamiliar to me anyway that fades fast and theres a bunch of vanilla and cotton/linen slightly powdery but nothing like baby powder thank goodness. ok so now i am getting another fruity sweet scent again along with some woodiness wow what a morpher. anyway maybe it won't be a proper review but i wore it yesterday and in the dry stage it smells of buck moon and black lace and i am in love! :wub2:

Vial: Very fresh and woody, kinda what I was hoping Yggdrasil would be like.

On: Cypress and a slight undercurrent of pine, a bit powdery and yet also a bit astringent. And, um... is that paper I smell? This turns very light on drydown, but it is still present. I wonder how long it is going to last...

Later: The scent has softened quite a bit, but is still present, fresh and light. I quite enjoy this, and if it became available again, I might get it. It's not special enough to spend beaucoup bucks on it, though.

This is actually a surprisingly cuddly scent! It's also nostalgic for me because it reminds me of that spanking-new-toilet-paper smell from those days when they still sold it by the roll and I'd crawl into the shelves with my friends and build forts out of them. The woods add a nice balance and depth, but they aren't sharp woods or eau du hamster cage but rather warm and cuddly themselves if that makes any sense. Whatever, I'm really liking this one :wub2:

Like many others, I think of this as a sweet light cotton smell. Definitely soft and sweet with a bit of vanilla backing? Smells a bit like Black Lace... Maybe because it's aged a couple years now. Ooorrrr a less heady version of perle von mauren. I really like it, surprisingly enough! I usually steer cllleeearrr of clean smells!