Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sirensongsouth

Imp

Devilishly playful: white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli.

Bottle: Peachy! A lot. Almost a candy peach smell.

Wet: Still quite a lot of peach. It probably doesn't help that I'm hungry at the moment. After a minute, there's a hint of something else to it.

Drydown: Still quite peachy. A little tamer though, and seems quite playful.. though contrary to lab description, innocently so.

Dry: It's calmed down a bit, and now I can smell a bit of other things in with it, subtly.

Verdict: Keeping the imp, don't need a bottle. It'll be nice for when I want something innocent and playful without going floral.

Sidenote: I tried this shortly after trying Fae.. it almost seems more what I would pick for little fairies playing outside, but that's just me.

bottle: sexy, peachy patchouli. my husband hates the smell of peach but he doesn't seem to be noticing it here. yet.

wet: the smell of white peach and patchouli is strong but i think the musk has poked out a bit as well. the amber is the warm background here so i really get the impression of summer dusk.

dry: this goes a bit more peachy and ambery. the patchouli fades out with the musk. however, when this gets on my clothes and dries, the patchouli stays put and seems to keeps all the other scents together.

imp is tied with shango for my most favourite scent. i swoon every single time i sniff it.

This smells wonderful. The lightness of the peach is beautifully complemented by the heavier elements. It's a peculiar, but pleasing combination of the pure and the sensual.

In the imp of Imp: Rich and fruity.

Wet: Deep fruit at first, almost like winey notes I like in other blends.

Drydown: Moderate throw. The peach top note blooms very strongly for the first few minutes -- as a prior reviewer said, not so much an innocent peach as a rich, sexy one -- and then the amber dryness starts to fight it, turning it more toward the artificial peach I've ended up with from Lab pumpkin blends. I do get the sharp earthiness of the patchouli as well; it's hard to pull out the musk as doing anything but playing its supporting role to the peach note.

Verdict: Pretty enough on me, but ultimately destined for swaps; other fruity scents jump up and dance a lot for me, and I don't think this peach and I are destined to be BFF.

A quick and easy review for this one: very strong peach and very strong patchouli, warring it out to make a strange juicy-earthy scent. I'm not crazy about peach scents generally and the patchouli in this was slightly bitter on me, so I'll be passing on the imp.

In Vial:dark peach perfume

On Skin: I Smell the musk and amber, the peach is only a hint. This is not the light peach scent I was expecting. The oil is very dark, that was my first clue.

Later: This is getting sweeter as it drys. This is the scent more of cooked peaches than fresh ones. The scent has not changed much since applying only that it got sweeter. The peach is still not very strong but a nice dark blend overall.

Edited by gchris

This is...unique. Unusual mixture of sharp, sugary peaches and dry patchouli. Bit boozy, too.

It never quite coalesces into a coherent scent on me. Dissonant. Tickley. STRONG. Has a ton of throw, equally as strange as the up-close scent. It's not a *bad* scent, but to be honest, I'd like to wash it off.

I think my overall impresion of this is that it smells like someone tossed a bunch of canned peaches and dirty rags into a bonfire.

Bottle : Wet peaches and dark perfume.

Skin, Wet : Patchouli and peach, still dark.

Skin, Drydown : Slightly woody smelling, musky with the patchouli and peach fading.

Skin, Dry : Very light. Peaches are there and so is the warmth of the amber, overlapping it. Very pretty, a little smoky almost.

Imp: Slightly warm fruity amber touched with patchouli.

Wet: Sharp peach and patchouli. The amber and musk are there, but seem to be taking their sweet time to surface.

Dry: Mmmm.... The peach is very mellow and floats over a thick, resinous base of ambers, musk and patchouli. This is a very dense but playful scent. The peach is just heavenly in this mix.

Throw: Average.

Overall: For the longest time, peach and patchouli sounded totally insane together to me. I fell into possession of this imp through an ebay lot and I'm glad I did. What a beautiful summer evening scent.

A most unfortunate blend on me -- something about the peach and patchouli and musk swirling together smells very much like sweaty boys. And not the good, spicy kind of sweaty, either. More like post-football and rowdy, possibly with a drink or two already in hand.

I tested this twice, and it gave me the same answer twice. Hence, I will be removing this from my collection post-haste. Someone else will get pure lovely dark spicy peaches, but that someone is not me.

In the bottle: Sweet and dark. Patchouli, musk, peach, and amber.

Wet: Reminds me a ton of smut - that sweet, sort of boozy musk. But the patchouli gives it an earthiness, and fruit note is definitely a light white peach note, like very juicy ripe fruit, but delicate simultaneously. Some powdery warmth from amber.

Dry: The white peach note has amped, and the boozy sweetness has faded - thankfully for me. I love the patchouli in this - the light earthy, not the dirty incensey type. The amber is there but light.

Summary: Earthy patchouli, almost soil-like, sweet white peach, deep, rich musk, and just a hint of amber warmth. Strong throw. This is too dark a blend for me. I definitely recommend it to Smut lovers, though!

Edited by fairnymph

This smells predominately peachy-patchouli. Like a hippie in Georgia. It's nice, but not my thing. Peach-scented stuff reminds me way too much of middle school, when I use to slather myself with this peach oil. I literally walked around in a fog o'peachiness.

In bottle: Darker and more syrupy than I expected. I smell the amber more than the patchouli. I worry it will go boozy on me.

On skin, wet: Heyyyyy! I am having a total flashback to a candle I had in high school. It was a peach jar candle but I had stored it with some patchouli candles. Gosh, this scent is right on!

On skin, dry: The darkness is lifting and the sunny side of the peach is beaming through. It's definitely cooked peaches with an amber syrup on me. Love it.

Later: The play of the sultry amber and patchouli and the sweetness of the peaches did lovely naughty-but-nice things on my skin and my husband loved it.

Conclusion: I think this is very likely bottle-worthy! :P

In the imp: Sneezing! Here is where I realize that amber is the sneezing thing.

I can totally see how people would find this fragrance delightful. The peach and patchouli complement each other strangely well. But amber makes me sneeze. And even apart from that, I'm just not into smelling like fruit. Even this delicate peach.

At first this smells like grapes, not fresh grapes, but like grape juice. After reading the notes in the description though, I am able to pick out the peach. This scent is very "syrup-y". Very sweet. I like it.

At first Imp was a little sour on me. Almost like musky wine, but it morphed quickly to juicy peaches. I'm going to assume the amber is what makes the peaches golden instead of white to me. Well, maybe it's the golden musk. :B I don't know, Imp is just a gilded perfume in the beginning.

As time passes, a woody note pops out. It's very surprising. Imp also dries out for me. It's not as juicy, but still completely enjoyable.

The throw barely weakens after five hours. Since this is me we're dealing with, Imp has turned into patchouli and musk. However, it is a very pleasant, mellow mix.

Edited by n1k1ta

In the bottle, fruity peach. A miss right away. I like eating peaches, but I don't like smelling like them. I do detect the patchouli, but nothing else. If you like peach scents, I'm sure you'll like this.

You know what, I didn't read the notes before sampling this, and I thought it smelled like candy cherry and vanilla.

Now I just feel like I have a looooong way to go when it comes to perfume :P

The musk and patchouli combination reminds me of Mme. Moriarty, and the peach isn't high-pitched annoying peach - it's a mellow fruit note. Close-up, the patchouli smells a little woody, which I don't like, but it's only if I stick my face in my wrist. The amber is in the background, and smoothes out the fruit.

Imp is a friendly, applealing scent that has a mysterious, resinous darkness underlying the happy peach. It's pretty sexy, actually!

I like this, but I don't love it enough to keep it around. I have the luxury of being picky with my ever-expanding BPAL collection, I have so much gold to choose from already!!

4.1 out of 5

Imp was a frimp!

In the imp Imp was peach candy.

On me Imp was fuzzy peach, earthy peach, ripe peach, sweet peach, peachy peach, peachpeachpeach... and mint?

Imp smells like a peach iced tea with a spring of mint. Yes.

Edited by trollgirl

Just...no. I ordered Imp unsniffed because I thought the combination of notes sounded phenomenal. Peach and Patch together? Fruit and patchouli have been hits with me so far, so I thought this would be, too.

I open the bottle and get sta-RONG, undenaible, poorly masked B.O.. From the very beginning.

On the skin this only intensifies, and I have to wash it off. Repeated this expeiment twice, two weeks apart, and got identical results. The peaches are there, and sweet at that - but what is this armpity-ness? :P Bitter Moon did the same thing...it reminds me a lot of that tearful experience.

Well, can't win 'em all.. Fare thee well, Imp. You're off to a more loving home, hopefully one with a kinder skin/nose chemistry.

I've had good luck with fruit/patchouli blends lately, and less luck overall with peach ones, because, as has been noted, peach can turn to b.o. in a flash if you're not careful. But Imp! Imp is delicious!! The sweet, juicy peach is balanced out by the musk and patchouli, giving it a darkness that I haven't found in blends like Aglaea or The Temptation or Tamora. It's July now and peaches are in season and Imp is perfect, perfect, perfect for this time of year. Yummy! I wish I'd tried it sooner.

I love all the notes in this blend individually, but together in Imp they don't quite work for me.

The peach and patchouli end up creating a sort of over-ripe peach effect that fades to a peach schnapps scent that is interesting, but not really what I want to smell like. This would be great on the right person, though.

Edited by Ohmaude