Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sirensongsouth

Imp

Devilishly playful: white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli.

Mmmm...Imp!

Wet, it smelled so good-I wanted to completely drench myself in it. Fruity and golden. I resisted the urge though-in case it turned on me.

But much to my surprise, it stayed wonderful! Yay! It manages to stay sweet without turning nausiatingly sweet (which is something most "sweet" smells do on me). Fruity, with musks. Some people I waved my arm in front of it said it had a slightly soapy smell to it. It's a bit of a fall scent, without being so fallish that it can't be worn year-round. Absolutely delicious, I want to take a bite out of myself.

I already have a larger bottle of this on order, and it's definately my new favorite.

On my second time with this: it went a little sweeter than the first, borderline too sweet. It also is fading very quickly. I guess this is one of the scents that won't be the same on me all the time-which I can't complain about, since most of them are always the same. Still nice, but no longer the best thing ever. Edited by arlith

The peach is natural, juicy, but light. Patchouli dirties everything up, and I feel like it makes the peach more real. the amber and musk are really warm and golden.

I admit I hoped for a depraved like scent. With that green twiggy dirty patchouli and a wet juicy pop of apricot. This isn't that, exactly, but it is nice.

The peach is just as juicy as the apricot. But its less pop, and just more always there being juicy. The musk and amber lend a nice base to everything, and warm it up in a sun-glow kind of way. Patchouli adds the twigs. I'm quite pleased with the level of patchouli in this. It isn't the bam of patchouli in goblin, nor is it as forefront as in Depraved. But it's there, with peach, being a supporting role. Mm.

Edit - Oh poop. this scent stays for a while, but at 8 hours or so in, it turns into gross powder. Amber has been known to do that, but when I wore The Lion it didn't. So, I'm suspecting the White Peach actually turns floralesq on me and just craps out? Dunno. It's bad enough that it ruined all the love I once had for you, little implet :cry2:

Edited by CaffinatedAngel

I would love this if it didn't have any patchouli.

I amp patchouli, and it totally drowns the lovely peach, amber, and musk I can smell (slightly) under there.

Starts of with the familar fresh peach note of Fae, but dirties up quickly with earthy patchouli. Musk on the drydown...the peach note fades on me for a change. Not too complicated and a good one for the patchouli fans.

In the imp: Golden. Warm, with a tinge of fruit. Honeyed (that'd probably be the amber) peaches. Autumn-y.

Wet: Ooh, there's that patchouli. I don't know about this one as strong patchouli is not my thing. Starting to get a bit old lady-ish to my nose.

Dry: The patchouli has calmed down some but I'm still not a fan. I don't hate it, but it's just not for me. Oh well!

To me, this smells like a lighter version of Depraved. Peaches and patchouli. I can smell a bit of amber hanging out in there but mainly, peach and patchouli are the stars. It's very light and golden feeling, while Depraved is heavy and dark. It's like the other side of the same coin.

I'm sort of up in the air about if they're different enough to need both...

Vial: Boozy fruit! Seriously, I'm thinking peach schnapps.

On: PEACH! With a slightly woody background keeping it from becoming too sweet. Pretty close to the skin even on first application. The throw seems to actually grow a little as it dries, in tandem with the patchouli asserting itself more. The patchouli level is much lower than in "Depraved", but still noticeable. Finally, after complete drydown, the musk comes out and gives this some oomph. It's still not super-strong, but now it smells like sweetened skin - very sexy.

Later: Musky, golden peach. Really quite nice. As of now, I'd prefer to get a bottle of "Depraved" first, but who knows? It might become a bottle wish as I wear it more.

In the bottle: peaches, patchouli, and amber. A pretty even mix of the three.

Wearing: A great scent. A bit too heavy for work, hot weather, and going out to dinner (because of the peaches), but otherwise a fun weekend scent. Similar to Aureus, but a bit sweeter because of the peaches.

In the imp (hehe, imp of Imp), I think I get what's the peach, musk, and amber at first - and then the patchouli hits, which makes me nervous, as patchouli has been a note of DOOM on me. Wet on my skin, I get the peach and musk and amber, with a patchouli undertone, and I had to apply really heavily in order to be able to get any scent.

Aaand there's the patchouli. Dominating little b****, isn't she? *sighs and scrubs off before she smells like a doctor's office*

Edited by Venneh

I thought I would love this because I love fruit blended with patchouli, and I did love it! Initially the peach was stronger and very sweet. Later the patchouli was more prominent, but with the peach, musk and amber sweetening and lightening it. This was an immediate favorite and will go on my wishlist, since I only have an imp of imp. :D

Peaches and patchouli. Interesting blend. And it actually works on my skin. The amber and musk settle in a little more on the drydown. Very good. Not good enough for a bottle, but I will keep my imp.

This smells like peaches and cinnamon on me.. but dirty dirty dirty! The patchouli is "clean" for patchouli, but still very strong. The effect is a tad nauseating to me :sick:

Freshly harvested fruit with a little garden dirt and leaves. Its a wonderfully soft scent that makes me think of peach gelato and picnics in August.

Edited by Finch

For some reason this came out very clovey on me, and there isn't even any clove here! Wet it seemed like it was all clove. Only on the drydown could I finally detect something sweet (the peach) and the warmth of the amber and musk, but it still seemed predominantly clovey for some reason--maybe that's what happens when patchouli mixes with peach on my skin? I do like clove, but already have enough clove blends to slather an army.

Edited by Invidiana

Disclaimer: this little imp of Imp has clearly lived hard and well. I don't know exactly how old it is, but it probably remembers when God was a child.

This is the first blend I've tried with golden musk in it. Apparently golden musk smells...exactly like red musk to me. And just as most blends with red musk smell overwhelmingly of red musk and nothing but red musk on my skin, that's all I got from this wet. No peach; no patch. Hours later on the drydown, amber swung by to hang out. Throw is decent and it's a lingerer. This imp has retired from the mischief business and settled down to enjoy a life of quiet muskery.

Imp

OH man. Instant love. I think I have a weakness for fruit + patchouli.
This is juicy, woody, sexy, impish. This is LOVE! :wub2:

4.99 out of 5

Golden bronze orange effervescent! This is reallllly nice. The patchouli pops a bit more on me than others have mentioned however the fruits and amber still have staying power to temper it.Not bottle worthy but I like it enough to use up an imp of it!

Sniffed: Golden, glowing patchouli with a touch of fruity sweetness.

On skin: Bright, bold, juicy and sweet. The patchouli dominates but doesn't get obnoxious; it's complemented perfectly by buoyant peach. Musk and amber are keeping a low profile, probably adding to the depth and brightness. The peach continues to morph in and out over glowing patchouli; it is at times peach-sweet, at times patchouli pungent. Definitely a shifting (shifty?), playful, light-hearted, "impish" blend! Imp resembles Mantis and Omen -- all are glowing patchouli with other lighter notes -- but it's lighter and fruity and more appealing to me.

Verdict: I'm testing a friend's Imp, and I think I will need my own Imp now. :lol: I only wish that the peach was more constant, but given the theme of this blend, I should (and certainly will) be content with what I'm getting, I suppose!

This is a must try for peach fans. That's why it was on my list. I was looking for a very authentic peach scent and having a hard time. If you plan on naming one for me to try, i have tried it, btw.

This is not the authentic smell i'm going for. it's much more complex. Yes, I can smell the patchouli, but the peach tones it down to a much more romantic scent. a little like a spicy peach.

but if you want to know what this REALLY smells like:

It's 1994 and I'm on the boardwalk at a delaware beach -- Rehobeth or maybe in Maryland at Ocean City. I walk into a grunge/punk store with Nirvana and Pearl Jam tee shirts in the window. Walk past the displays of hemp necklaces and marijuana charms. Go to the back of the room where the incense counter is. This particular counter has a peach incense that is dominating over the rest. But this oil is the essence of that. I have been in this shop. this takes me to the beach in the 90s.

This is awesome!!! I love fruits and I love earthy notes, so like gomorrah is my go to fig, I believe that this will e my go-to peach, when I feel succulent and sexy, but maintaining an air of mischief.

Gorgeous!!! 5/5

Imp surprised me by how elegant and crisp it is. To my perception, the patchouli in this blend is drier and less sweet than the patchouli in many of the other BPALs, and such a perfect counterpoint to the peach. On my skin these two notes form a kind of tension, with neither one winning out. Imp plays well with others, too - sometimes I add some extra amber resin and/or a bit of oakmoss if I want its earthy side to really predominate.

I love me some peach, so I am quite excited to try this. It has been on my want-to-try list forever. I will admit I'm not a huge patchouli fan, but I have liked it in other bpal blends. Darn, in the imp though it's like 90% patchouli with a touch of peach and musk. Noo!

Yeah, this is SOOO patchouli-ish on me when I first apply. I get that yummy peach note underneath, and thankfully as this dries the peach note comes out a lot more! Yum!

I'll be honest-I wouldn't ever get this because the patchouli is too strong for me. For my peach fix, I will go for Fae. However, if Fae was sort of too sweet for you and you really like patchouli, this is a GREAT peach and patchouli blend-golden and lovely. It does dry pretty powdery on me, but that may just my skin. I tend to turn amber into powder.

Smells like fresh, sweet, golden, juicy, slightly over-ripe peaches! The kind that leaves sticky juice dripping down my chin.

The patchouli isn't strong, it's presence grounds the scent enough to keep it from smelling like peach candy.

This scent makes me smile every time I smell it.

In the bottle: Peach and amber. Really sweet.

Wet: Peach is overruled pretty quickly by patchouli. There's a weird, warmly sweet scent just under a whole lot of grassy smoke, which is a little strange-smelling.

Drydown: Once the patchouli dies down, it's a lovely warm, peachy smell. The amber, musk, and leftover patchouli add depth and keep it from becoming too cloyingly sweet.

This is a great summer scent, warm and fruity.

I never got peach with this one. There was a sweetness but I wouldn't have even picked out a fruit scent for this. I liked it but I don't think its bottle-worthy