Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Em-

Crowley

Nothing about him looked particularly demonic, at least by classical standards. No horns, no wings. Admittedly he was listening to a Best of Queen tape, but no conclusions should be drawn from this because all tapes left in a car for more than a fortnights metamorphose into Best of Queen albums. No particularly demonic thoughts were going through his head. In fact, he was wondering vaguely who Moey and Chandon were.

Crowley had dark hair, and good cheekbones, and he was wearing snakeskin shoes, or at least presumably he was wearing shoes, and he could do really weird things with his tongue. And, whenever he forgot himself, he had a tendency to hiss.

Infernal musk, red patchouli, lilac cologne, mahogany, lemon rind, oakmoss, leather, and vanilla husk.

Oh, Crowley, you demon, you...

This is an absolutely devilish blend - deep and rich and musky and smoldering with resinous patchouli - the firey kind, not the head shop version :D - leather seats, polished mahogany - Crowley wants nothing but the best.

But he has his lighter side - the touch of lemon hints at his playful side. The vanilla husk, his fondness for humanity. And always, his smooth, suave, lilac cologne.

Ohh, Crowley, he is a devil, but a delightful one for men and women of the Blood Moon, Mme. Moriarty persuasion as well. :P This is a blend for riding at night with the top down, listening to Queen.

I can't believe I am finally wearing Crowley! I was so excited for whatever this blend might turn out to be, and I am very pleased with the form that he has taken. Just sniffing it from the bottle I smile from ear to ear, fangs and all.

It reminds me very much of Dee, first of all. Dee with shades of some of the other dark masculine floral/musk/leather scents...Old Scratch perhaps and a hint of the lilac from His Station and Four Aces.

But overall it's that amazing smoky, musky leather wreathed in a dusty floral and soaked deep into the glossy wood of an old-fashioned study or library. I haven't worn it long enough to get the drydown but it just makes me so happy in that dark musky floral leather wood kind of way. And did I mention how much like Dee it is? It is, to me. And it makes me think of fall.

I'm not particularly helpful today. Just buy it, it's awesome. :P

This is an amazing scent. It may just be the my new favorite. :P

There's an initial burst of fresh but not overly sharp citrus followed by the scent of a smooth, refined cologne. There's an interesting interplay between the just-slightly sweet vanilla and a slightly harsher note, the mahogany perhaps? And then the leather appears, wrapped in smoke.

That's the most important difference I notice between my beloved Dee and Crowley; while Dee is sedate with a slight hint of incense, Crowley is smoldering. Burning. On fire and coming at you at 80 miles per hour. I can almost see the smoke rising from my wrists as I type. Of course, this smoke is the sexiest, most intoxicating smoke scent I've ever smelled, and it seems to have an effect on me roughly analogous to that of catnip on cats.

I was worried about musk and patchouli, but they're smoothly and inoffensively blended. This scent is just gorgeous through every stage with the best elements of all my favorite masculine blends. I would absolutely recommend this if you like Dee or other smoky leathers.

Just don't lick it.

Crowley in the bottle has that sort of nondescript leather smell that I usually don't care for. And then on my skin, WOAH LEATHER, plus something slightly spicy... at first whiff it reminds me a lot of Smut. I definitely get the hint of citrus on the tail end, and that Spicy Something that to me smells the same in Snake Oil and Smut and scents like that. Which makes me think that though this isn't MY type of scent, a lot of people are going to go CRAZY for it. :-D

And there is lovely art of Crowley on the bottle! A nice smirk, and looking over his sunglasses with those yellow eyes of his.

Bottom line for me: Crowley = Smut goes to a leather bar.

Edited by Mad Girl

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that this scent is......SPANKED REVISITED

Seriously. You might not get it in the first couple stages, but the dry down is almost identical to Spanked! Which makes me very happy.

I was a bit frightened off by the red patchouli, but I am so glad I didn't wash it off! At first it is a hot, spicey scent and the drydown is more leather and sweetness..

Perfect, I can see multiple bottles in my future.

Sexy musky leather. Musky, lip-licking, back-arching, thigh-clenching leather. And did I mention sexy?

Sure it's like Dee, but with a raging erection and a devilish look in his eye. If I wasn't so overcome with Crowley-lust, I might actually find that image disturbing. As it is, I can feel my toes pointing already.

My husband has no idea what is about to hit him.

I bought both Crowley and Aziraphael for my hubby and I (they're our nicknames for each other). I was so excited when BPAL released these scents!!!

My Thoughts: This is a Man Smell... all man. Devilish, charming and sexy.

Upon opening the bottle, it's very bold, lemony and spicey, almost overpowering.

However, it's a beautiful scent on. Very woodsy, spicey, the Patchouli hits you hard, but finishes soft. It also has a light, lemony smell that helps to take the sweet edge of the patchouli/vanilla mix. I love it. Even though it's a Man Smell, I'm wearing it now and I can't stop sniffing my wrists.

Oh gods this is sexy. This is the kind of sexy that makes your eyes momentarily roll into the back of your head while your knees start to give out. It's just amazing on my man.

I can't personally wear blends where the patchouli is a strong note, but on my man it starts out as a fiery patchouli that's very refined. When that calms down, the leather really amps and it is sweetened and softened by the citrus, vanilla, and oakmoss.

This one is now in his top 3 BPAL scents, both for how he likes it and for my reaction!

In the bottle: Cologne, leather, oakmoss, lemon rind and various dark, musky components

Wet on skin: Musk, lemon rind and leather, with smooth mahogany peeping out. There's something very slightly foody, like cinnamon vanilla, but it's very discreet. It reminds me very slightly of Geek.

Drydown: The drydown is very smooth, I definitely get smoothness from mahogany, vanilla, and oakmoss, to make it more elegant I can sense some very discreet cologne, while leather and musk, and probably patchouli which is present but not obvious, add a devilish heat to the blend.

Overall: The overall effect of all this note is a hot, leathery blend with a deceptively gentle exterior. It's a more civilised version of Geek, which hides its truly explosive nature under a vanilla exterior. An absolutely perfect interpretation on Crowley, who isn't the rugged demon type, on the contrary, but a very civilised one. It's not the kind of blend I would wear, but on a guy - it would by mighty sexy!

Crowley is amazing. It was love at first sniff.

In the bottle, it's leather and musk with an underlying sweet creaminess that must be the vanilla husk. On my skin, it's almost indescribably sexy. It doesn't scream sexy. It suggests, with an arched brow, a bad attitude, and a come-hither smirk. I developed an innocent crush on Crowley when I read Good Omens, but now I want to do filthy and disgusting things with him. Repeatedly. If I can get this scent on my husband, he will be one happy but exhausted man.

It is slightly reminiscent of Dee. There's something here that reminds me of The Organ Grinder too. They are both sweet, creamy, and woodsy. But Crowley is so much more. The leather plays nice, and so does the patchouli, so don't let them scare you off. The lilac cologne and lemon rind sit softly in the background, and I think they do an excellent job of keeping the blend from getting too heavy. I can't imagine anyone not liking this scent. Crowley instantly won a place in my top 10, and it's one of the sexiest scents I've ever smelled, BPAL or otherwise. It's truly a masterpiece, and it is fitting tribute to an amazing character. :P

Bought this because Crowley is one of my favorite literary characters EVAR and wound up giving it to my fiance since it's so masculine, and he needs more things that smell good.

He opened the bottle and said it smelled like a head shop. I, for some reason, smelled lavender. Definitely strong whiffs of old-fashioned men's cologne, and patchouli. In the end he came around, though; I guess he doesn't mind smelling like a head shop...

We went for a walk in the woods and I kept getting whiffs of the perfume on the air, sometimes from a few feet away. It lasted all day on him, and the scent mixed with the smell of his sweat was irresistable. Very, very, very sexy. I hope he wears it often.

I think next we'll try Aziraphale on him.

GUH. I have to join the ranks of people raving about this scent.

In the bottle it has a definite "men's cologne" scent which some people might find offputting (personally, I like it) - very sophisticated, expensive-smelling, sharpened up by the lemon rind. On my skin the leather leaps out straight away, and for a while it seems that this is going to be De Sade Plus on me: it's that same clean-sharp-vodka leather, with the musk and patch and oakmoss lying behind.

After a while it levels out, though, and becomes simply delicious. The leather warms and mellows, and the wood comes out. The combination of leather, wood and vanilla husk (I can't smell the last as an individual note unless I really huff my wrist, just as a slightly sweetening/smoothing influence) reminds me of the leather-wood-tonka part of Dee.

This is waaaay sexier than Dee, however: thicker, richer, smokier (infernal musk?), darker, deeper and just generally *more*, with that continuing hint of sophistication from the lilac cologne. I get wafts of it all day, and keep wondering what the wonderful scent is, and then realising that it's me.

Another triumph for Beth and the Lab!

I'll echo thatthis is very similar to Dee, but a little less heavy. It's got a wonderful wood & leather aroma, and as it dries, it softens up and becomes a dead sexy, musk scent. Rowr.

In the bottle: Sweet, but not cloying, with something in the background.

Wet: The sweetness has faded and the 'something else' has come out. Reading the description, possibly a faint mix of vanilla, lemon rind & lilacs? Very faint, almost like it has instantly been eaten up by my skin.

Later: Very faint lemon rind & cologne - nose-pressed-to-wrist-faint. Nice, but needs another go to see if the throw/wear length is better before I decide if I'm keeping. Later - I keep getting wafts of this through the evening, and it is gorgeous, but still faint. Currently a 6/10, with potential to improve on second testing!

In bottle: Woo! Yeah, that's patchouli.

On me: That's not so much patchouli! It's leather that rises first, a well-rounded leather note backed by vanilla, woods, and moss. I get twinges of the musk through it. Lovely!

This has to be one of the most amazing things I have ever smelled :D

I had such high hopes for Crowley... well, it certainly didn't dissapoint, it is more than I could have ever wished for!

Well, it is unmistakably masculine. I would not mind to wear it, but it is not that it is good for me... damn, since I cannot drag around a man drenched in this stuff all the time, I want to wear it myself, all the time! :P

It is... just... faint000.gif

What can I add that hasn't been said yet... there are several amazing masculine BPAL blends, but this has the best of them all blended togheter and multiplied by 100. Or 1000.

Which makes me think... where the hell is my boyfriend!?

Edited by Medvssa

OMG! I think I have a new favourite scent!

I'm still not good at reviews but here goes;

In Bottle: There's something sweet about it. Patchouli.

On me: Oh dear God! The leather comes out sharp. I'm not usually a fan of leather in scents (well not sharp, full on leather like De Sade) but this is tempered by the patchouli and I think the vanilla (I'm also not a fan AT ALL of vanilla, but this isn't too bad) and the lemon rind is blended very well. I love the woody, leathery scent.

Top 3, definitely. Probably Top 1 tied with Casanova (which it sort of smells like) and Villain.

Guh, thank you, Beth!

Okay, everything everyone said above.

And also:

Yum.

Yumyumyumyumyumyumyumyumyum.

:P Yum. :D

I bought this for a male friend, but a bottle is coming to meeeeeee sooooooooon. Deliciously spicy hot goodness. You want some of this.

Holy smokes! I may have to rethink my intense hatred of red patchouli, because this is delish. On me, I don't really find it masculine at all, but my skin amps sweetness, especially vanilla, so I'm gonna blame the vanilla for the demasculinization (ok, now I'm making up words :D) of Crowley.

Ladies, if you're gonna let your male significant others wear Crowley in public, you'd better be accompanying them unless you're trying to get rid of them! :P

Boooo :P methinks that Infernal Musk is actually red musk in disguise and if there is one thing my skin hates, it is red musk. So this smells like woody, leathery Smut on me, and unfortunately that is a bad thing. No vanilla, lemon rind or patchouli to be smelled on my wrist, just smutty leather.

straight sniff from imp is smoky red musk...

once applied it turns woody and leathery swirling with the smoky musk...

stunning!

after a few minutes i get the lilac; but very subtly...

this is a powerfully unique blend indeed... :P

Crowley - This is a strong, powerful scent. It reminds me of what you might get if you crossed The Ecstasy of Passion with Spanked. I really love this blend. It's a gorgeous red musk/patchouli/leather/vanilla on my skin. The scent is so strong in the bottle that I applied just the tiniest swipe of it to my forearms, and I have been surrounded by strong scent for the past four hours and there's no sign of it fading any time soon. The musk, patchouli, and leather combine to create a masculine scent that's highly virile and powerful. The vanilla isn't strong, but it's definitely there, rounding out the edges and adding a sweet, creamy facet to the overall scent. I do not smell the lilac or the lemon at all. Today is a hot, bone-melting summer day, and I don't think this scent is quite appropriate for the weather. It's definitely something I will wear in the cooler months of autumn and winter and hope I can get my husband to wear it, too. Fantastic blend!

in the imp this is one of the best smelling oils, A rich root beer. I don't know how I'm getting root beer but I am.

On: The patchouli hasn't taken over which is a good sign. I get a sweet musky blend and the vanilla is coming through for me better than most blends. It reminds me of somthing I've tried before.

Drydown: This is one sexy scent. There is maybe a touch of cologne but mostly I have the most delectable blend of vanilla and musk with leather padding and patchouli sideboarding. I don't find it too masculine at all.

Wow, this smells really good. I'm not sure if the red patchouli is working fantastically on me, but the other notes seem to be. It kind of reminds me of one of the Dogs Playing Poker scents -- not one in particular, but the whole series. It has that lovely, complex, fairly masculine quality. What an excellent scent for Crowley.

It seems like the leather, musk, and mahogany are strongest on me. Maybe some oakmoss too. Can't really pick out the lemon rind. I'm going to ask my husband to try this one very soon because Geek is his signature scent and this is reminding me of that one.

Yum!!! Yum, yum, yum.

On me, this is a sharper (and more demonic, of course) Loviatar. O, sassy Crowley, here you are! I amp leather a lot, so for a while it's superstrong leathermuskyum, but later on the citrus and lilac come through in a gentlemanly, pointy manner.

:P