Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Pink Moon 2007

A sweet and silly compliment to the first breath of Spring! Sugared carnation and phlox!

Oh my. I am sooo in love, and so happy I splurged on two bottles of Pink Moon. Carnation SN is my alltime favourite BPAL scent, so I had high hopes for this one!

In bottle: sweet spicy carnation, warm sugar.

Wet: It's very light at first, and has a spun sugar quality, like walking near a cotton candy machine. The phlox is making this extremely sweet, but my beloved carnation is definitely in the forefront!

Drydown: There's definitely something green here that comes and goes, but it's only there if I look for it. Once dry, it's sweet lovely carnation! It fades quickly, but thankfully I have a large stash so I can reapply it like the slathering fool I am.

My absolute favourite of the lunacies so far! Edited by Shollin

PINK MOON 07

In Bottle: Sweet carnation

On Skin: Totally different that last years version and obviously since they are different formulations. The bottle has got to be the best BPAL design EVER, just had to be said. The carnation is the dominant note, yes.. very very pink carnation. There is also a super sweet note, almost like bubblegum. This scent smells like carnation bubblegum. The phlox gives a soft buffer to the bitterness that I usually smell from carnation. Sadly, after rose, carnation is probably my least favorite floral note. So while this is an adorable scent, it isn’t for me. I prefered last years purely candied Pink Moon. Light to medium throw and short wearlength.

This is beautiful, girly, feminine, sweet, and sugary. Just like a pink scent should be.

Starts out as spicy carnation coated in sugar and stays pretty true for the remainder of the time. I don't notice the phlox, but maybe that's what keeps the carnation from being extrememly pungent on me. It's very light and doesn't have a lot of throw.

After about an hour when it has become a little more faint, it loses the sugary sweetness that I adore and is slightly musky and almost imperceptiby bitter. Still completely wearable, just very different from its beginning stage.

Love the label too---this is the cutest bottle I have yet!

Oh pink moon, why? Why do you hit my skin and smell like someone dumped Splenda all over the floor of an anatomy lab?

*sobs*

D:

Yes indeed, here's the real deal: Sugary sweet carnation. This is light, feminine, beautiful; everything I would expect Pink Moon to be. Carnation doesn't have a lot of throw on me, but the sugared note makes up for it with its own throw. I do like the original Pink Moon more than this one, because, come on, who can resist cotton candy? But, this is a beautiful scent, I like it very much and I will enjoy using my bottle. Pretty! :P

Eee, this is so pink!

At first, it smells like Lick It Again, only with carnations instead of peppermint ^.^ Then it dries to something very delicate and pink, daintily peppery carnations and light sweetness. I am so glad this works, and it's such a light scent that it feels a little like wearing a cloud. I had to apply twice, because it was hard to smell at first, but it does give me surprising whiffs when a breeze goes by.

The bottle is adorable, and I love this scent. I've lately been wondering what scents I could wear to bed, and this one - absolutely. It's like a little fluffy pink kitten...that recently fell in a bowl of sugared flowers :P

It's like a little fluffy pink kitten...that recently fell in a bowl of sugared flowers :D

That's exactly it! ( although you're avatar paints a pretty accurate picture as well :D )

It's soft and sweet and pink and pretty and a little bit spicy and pink and ehm.....pink. :P

I have no idea what phlox smells like, but I can definitely smell the carnation and the sugar, so I'm guessing the phlox just adds to the pinkness of the scent......

Anyway....I love it and I'm secretly hoping it won't work on my sister-in-law so I can have another back-up bottle!! :)

I adore the label on this one! So cute!

This is exactly what it says - sugared carnation. I love carnation and it's very compatible with my skin chemistry. This is the girliest scent EVER - pure essence of "sugar and spice!" Or, if pink were a scent this would be it. For lovers of sugary-spicy florals and all things girlissima.

I really love this scent - the only drawback is that it has little throw and fades fast. Take this with a grain of salt (or sugar) as I am a scent-eater. I might try layering this with something like The Lion to anchor it. But it's a sweet, fun, adorable springtime scent.

Ahhh.. Pink Moon 2007 is a dream - a frilly, frothy dream!! :D

I loved the original formulation of Pink Moon, but this year's version is just fabulous!! The carnation here is like the spicy fuschia carnation in Bathsheba, and the phlox gives the blend a creamy, unctious quality - it's milky and rich ... kind of like when you pop a Lindor truffle in your mouth and you let it melt there instead of biting and chewing?

The sugar note isn't very strong on me, but it gives a nice sweet vibe lingering in the background, letting the carnation and phlox shine!

I'm ashamed to admit that I got an extra extra bottle, thinking I'd throw it in with my sister's birthday present on April 1st. But - HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY, SUCKAH! - that bottle's gonna ride shotgun with my backup bottle because I loves me the Pink Moon '07!!! Though to be fair, the strong carnation wouldn't have been such a hit with her, she'd have dug a lot more sugar. Sorry sis - this carnation note would've foiled you!! I'll take one for the team and keep PM, and slather away with reckless abandon!! :P YOINK!! :D

Edited by purplegirl

Pink Moon 07

In the bottle: ohh, I can't believe no one's made the Morocco comparison yet! This is like a sweeter, more sugary, pinker Morocco!

Wet on skin: mmm, now it reminds me of Antique Lace with added carnation. This is beautiful!

Dry on skin: now it is pure, sweetened, glorious carnation with a sugary topping and a creamy background. I smell a hint of something green, another floral which I think is the phlox, and it doesn't seem to be smelling bad on me like I thought it would! This smells like a carnation bouquet, it smells like Lush Potion/Ruby Red Slippers without roses (I can't believe no one's made that comparison either!), and also like Alice as well, and Hope and Faith. So pink and so beautiful…and so carnation-y, even more than the single note, on me. It smells like a real pink carnation flower, complete with leaves and stems.

After a while: the carnation starts to reveal more of its clove like scent and deepens a little. The sugary note now becomes a little creamier, almost like warm condensed milk, and it reminds me of Hod now, with extra spice and pinkness. It now reminds me of the carnation SN a little, but whilst I thought that was much too strong and didn't smell as carnation-y as I hoped, this is just right. It's so true to the flower…and I don't smell any phlox here now, unless it's adding a little more sweetness? It's not the cavity-inducing sweetness I feared though…not at all! Indeed it smells a little bit more Morocco-like now with it's spicy kick (though less mysterious and exotic) and it's creamy sugary background, which I'm sure is turning a little bit musky! Yowee!

The drydown is a wonderful soft pink fragrance of creamy vanilla milk/custard with warm musk and lots and lots of spicy Potion-like carnation. This really is a girly comfort scent but isn't childish at all-it's innocent and gentle but the spice and depth of the carnation note makes this a little more grown up. And it just gets smoother and more gorgeous and creamier over time, with a soft musk undertone, until it really becomes the lovechild of Potion and Morocco. Fantastic.

Verdict: out of all the April moons I've tried so far, this is my absolute favourite. This is the truest carnation scent I've ever experienced from BPAL so far-if not the most perfect carnation scent of all time. Carnation with that wonderfully 'clove-y' scent to it, like a true carnation should have, but with that pink, frilly, floral sweetness. A little dash of creamy sugar added and this is perfection! I also used to think I disliked phlox, but in here I don't smell it much-in fact, it may be responsible for the lovely hint of green I get at the start and for adding an extra dimension of pink to the scent. I also agree that this scent is the 'lost triplet' of Hope and Faith, and it still smells like sugary Morocco without the musk and sandalwood, and also reminds me of Alice. It does remind me of the previous Pink Moon, but not as over-sugared…whilst I loved PM05, I much prefer this one. It smells like Lush Potion on me as well, which I adore. It just gets more like carnations floating in spicy cream with a hint of vanilla musk over time, warm and fluffy, comforting, and pink and beautiful. I am so glad that my birthday moon smells so fantastic this year!

Emoticon rating: :) :D :D :P

Is it a keeper? Oh yes! I'm getting yet another bottle from a forum sale! And I want a third bottle now…

If you like this, try: Morocco, Alice, Hod, Antique Lace, Hope, Faith, Ghagiel, Pink Moon 05

Holy hell, this does smell like Potion! :P I really like the spicy sweetness of carnation, and Pink Moon 2007 is a carnation-centric blend for sure. The phlox gives it a little sweetness and lift that makes it feel springy and fresh and truly pink. It lasts a good long time on me, for a floral, and lingered in my hair for a full 24 hours.

Fresh, clean, pink, and very girly. Somehow nostalgic of my pre-teen years... even though I can't remember owning a pink-smelling perfume. The carnation adds just enough spice to keep it from getting sickly-sweet. This is simple, happy, and perfectly balanced. I think I chose wisely for my first Lunacy blend! :P

I wasn't sure if this scent would be right for me...but because of all the anticipation for it on the forum, I went ahead and ordered a bottle. I’m so glad I did! I’m thrilled with the lab’s ability to constantly, pleasantly surprise my nose :P

Pink Moon is carnations and sugar. I’m not sure what phlox smells like so I can’t say to what extent it is present. Carnation is actually one of my favorite flowers. I love its subtle spiciness. Like the carnation itself, Pink Moon is floral without being "old lady", and sweet without being silly. A lovely, clean springtime perfume. Now I'm extremely curious to try those other “sugared” florals, Hope and Faith, which I also previously believed weren't right for me! This may be my very favorite lunacy.

I am so surprised to find how much I like this! Normally carnation and phlox are things I love au naturel, in my garden or as cut flowers, but they don't appeal to me as scent notes.

Not this, though! It must be the sugar tempering the carnation note especially, since that doesn't have the nasty bite I usually associate with it. Even though, oddly, I don't smell the sugar at all until it's been on for a bit. This is such a light, springy scent -- I've rarely ever had the associations of masculine and feminine, and even find that the things everyone says are totally masculine appeal to me the most, but this really is a light and girly, springtime happy fragrance.

I'm so glad I took a chance on the bottle -- I bought it primarily because I felt like I should at least try it if I was buying the T-shirt, expecting to swap it, but now it and its adorable label are getting a prominent place on the shelf.

Edited by gwynethr

I'm so in love with the idea of these sugared florals. They sound divine and it seems they ARE divine on certain people. But not on me. On me, they cause my stomach to roll and Pink Moon is no exception. Sticky sweet with a hint of carnation (which I LOVE by the way) but no green and not enough spice to balance out the overbearing sweetness. But oooh the label! I'm severely tempted to keep just for the label. I wonder if this would age well.......?

I really wanted to like this--I even ordered two bottles of it! And the bottle art--so adorable! And I love carnations. How could this possibly go wrong?

And yet, go wrong it does. Something about it smells almost sour on me. Very weird. I definitely preferred the last incarnation of Pink Moon, and I'm glad I have a bottle of that one. The '07 version will need to find a new home.

Note: Faith and Hope both smelled gross on me too, so maybe there's just something about sugared florals? Anyway, I know lots of people who don't have such wonky skin chemistry will love this.

Pink Moon goes through a SERIOUS musty stage on me in the beginning but then settles down to be a nice slightly sweetened carnation scent. I am not sure if I want to put up with the musty stage to get to this lovely scent at the end...Actually I am confued about what is causing the mustiness since I can wear blends like Morocco and Alice without any funky stage at all. Perhaps it's the phlox. I don't really get the Antique Lace comparison. This is not nearly as sweet on my skin as that. Also, for a floral, this has a LOT of throw! Be careful not to apply too much or you could get a headache! All in all this is a great floral blend which I am sure will please a great many people. It's definitely not too cloying or old ladyish, however I wish that my chemistry wouldn't mess with it so!

Edited by euterpe414

I never thought florals were right for me, but this is great! The carnation gives it an almost cinnamon vibe on my skin, but this is still a very sweet scent. I'm not sure if I smell the phlox at all, but it is a very nice spring scent. It stays close to the skin on me, but my skin tends to drink up scents. :P

Edited by Nidaba

As soon as I opened the bottle and smelled this, I knew I had made a grave mistake in not ordering at least two bottles.

Wet: Fresh, clean, sweet carnations!

Dry: Still clean, sweet, now a bit spicy. Gorgeous.

After 8 hours: Spicy and sweet, and the carnations are still recognizable as carnations.

This is so beautiful, a perfect Spring/Summer scent, and I have secured two more bottles so I can slather to my heart's content instead of anxiously gazing at my lone bottle.

I was so hoping I'd love this scent - nay, so SURE I'd love this scent, but alas, it is probably the one BPAL scent I've tested so far that made me ill.

It just smells of bitter, burnt sugar on me. The carnations are there but I've no clue what phlox smells like, and even if I did it would do me no good - Pink Moon just doesn't work on me.

Even so, I'm keeping the bottle. Maybe half a year/a year will do it some good!

ETA: It's been two months now and Pink moon is not at all as offensive to my nose as it was when I first tried it. I came down with a bad cold on the evening of trying it the first time, so that is probably why I had such a bad reaction to it. It's not one of my favorites, but it's not bad either.

Edited by Pepperminx

In the bottle, it's very fresh! It's like sniffing a fresh-picked carnation, though it's a little sweeter than just carnation by itself.

On my skin, this becomes a candied floral. It's smells like a pink conversation heart (one of the Necco ones). Everything blends so well that I can't pick out individual notes. This isn't what I was expecting from the freshness of the bottle sniff, but I like it!

Verdict: Cute and flirty. Glad I bought a bottle.

was Lush's "potion" body moisturizer a favorite of your's?

then you are sure to love pink moon!

straight sniff from the imp i get that familiar and heavenly scent

of sweet, alluring carnations...this scent stays true and beautiful

and thankfully for me, i can layer it with my "potion" for a super

long lasting effect :P

It smells like candied fruit, not like flowers. Well, that's not exactly right. It smells floral, but not overwhelmingly so, and there's definitely lots of sugar! Now, if I'd read the description again before putting it on, I wouldn't have, but as it was, I'd forgotten what was in it, and braved the carnation anyway.

And lo and behold, it's not so bad! The carnation smell is a sort of razzy, buzzy, exciteable floral, peppery and bright. The phlox . . . well, I don't know. It just smells sweetly floral. (I have a hard time with flowers.) Actually, it smells a lot like strabwerry flavoring.

This is a candied flower petal smell. It's got a bubbly, cute kind of cheerfulness that's hard to resist. It's not going to be one for folks who don't like sweet scents or candy scents, though, and flower fearers should beware.

It's nice enough; I'm glad I sniffed it. But it's not one that I feel like I need to own.

Awww this is so sweet! Pink Moon is so feminine, and the bottle art so cute, it is one of the very rare things that can really make me feel like part of the girls' club. I'm so cute and dainty! So bubbly and flirty! I love Hello Kitty and I must go buy some lipgloss right now! My hair is perfect and my shoes are to die for!

I AM GIRLY GIRL, HEAR ME ROAR!

Love it, love it. Sugar and spice and everything nice. I might need another bottle.

there is no emoticon to accurately describe my undying love for pink moon 2007. i love the sugared violet and rose of faith and hope and i love this one even more. carnation is my favorite floral, and pink moon is a mix of this with a little sugar for softness. i think the phlox adds a slight greenness to the background?

:P ;) :) :D B) :D

probably one of my top 3 favorite bpals ever, if not absolute favorite!

Edited by theseagrows