Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Judgement

I don't believe noone has done a review for this yet!

With Fire as its ruling element (or Pluto as its ruling planet), Judgement is about rebirth, ressurection. The idea of Judgement day is that the dead rise, their sins are forgiven, and they move onto heaven. The Judgement card is similar, it asks the resurrection to summon the past, forgive it, and let it go. There are wounds from the past that we never let heal, sins we've committed that we refuse to forgive, bad habits we haven't the courage to lose. Judgement advises us to finally face these, recognize that the past is past, and put them to rest, absolutely and irrevocably. This is also a card of healing, quite literally from an accident or illness, as well as a card signaling great transformation, renewal, change.

In the bottle: Green. This smells green to me in the imp. Which is wierd, because the oil is amber in the bottle, and I imagine it should smell hotter, somehow. I imagine perhaps grass, or greed woods in this. Sniffing a bit more I start to get a warmer feel for this, like .. and this sounds strange .. but it reminds me of the steam from a batch of stock as it cooks. That hot, herbal smell.

Wet: Now it's becoming truer to the ruling element of this card, it's hotter now. Not cinnamon or clove hot .. but something that has baked in the sun. Hot sun-baked grass. If I stop for a moment, I picture a field, green with new grass, basking in the first hot day of the year.

Wearing: This would be a good scent for a sickroom. It's uplifting. Clean and refreshing despite the heat of it, which is more a summer evening than the middle of the day. This scent remains green to me, but I cannot pick out a single note. but I like it just the same.

I'm very surprised I like this scent as a wearing oil, because I believe the Tarot oils to be more for 'Work' than anything, like the Voodoo oils. Reading the description Tygher posted, however, I see reasons behind it.

This smells like potential. I know how odd that sounds, it sounds odd in my head... but right. Like walking into a new house, or into a new situation. Perhaps it is the shedding of those things past. Laying down the old to make room for the new.

Amber, with soft florals. Dark flowers tho, although bright and crisp. Let this not disuade you, it isn't a floral scent. Very incensy, like an occult or herbalists shop.

I'm rather fond of it myself.

This isn't what I expected at all.

Starts out very juicy and turns into incensey. It smells like a head-shop. There's definitely nothing wrong with that. Or, as Vaniclion said, like an occult shop. And I can see ( or smell) what he means by "this smells like potential". But I can't explain it.

Quite an interesting one.

Judgement has finally come to me and I welcome him home. This oil is masterfully blended & possess the morphing quality that characterize so many of Beth's blends.

As Vanic said in his review, "This smells like potential." It most certainly does & with that potential is a feeling of confidence, of "right" choices made & positive results to naturally follow.

I have used Judgement when I felt ill & began feeling better almost immediately. I has a centering, healing "vibe" & I am adding it to my medicine kit.

Other than that, it smells really wonderful.

at first: beth included this as an extra. in the bottle, it's herbal and a bit sweet.

on: definitely herbal, but floral, too. very pretty and not as matter-of-fact as i thought judgement might be.

1 hour later: this has become mostly floral and bit sweet. it's very nice. it's also a very stable and strong scent.

2 hours later: this has faded down to a slightly biting, herby floral. it's subtle, but still very nice.

3 hours later: still going strong. sweeter now, but still great. oh, and it passed the isabel the cat lick test.

overall: nice, but not incredibly interesting. i'll be keeping my imp, but not getting another.

I had put this in my “don’t really like” pile, so I was surprised when I thought, upon first applying, “Mmm. This smells so good and familiar.” This was odd, because I remember it smelled like Tarot: Justice—slightly cherry and slightly watery. It is sort of red-tinged, but it mostly smells like laundry to me when it’s wafting. When I sniff my skin directly, it’s red and slightly medicinal. After an hour or two, this isn’t so wafty. When I sniff my skin, it’s still a sharp sort of medicinal smell, not altogether unpleasant, just different. In three hours, this is a red floral, slightly spicy (carnation?). Because it’s a red floral, it makes me think of Red Moon. Four hours after application, it’s now more of a skin scent, staying close to my skin, warm and still slightly spicy. Really very nice, but it’s probably not a scent that I’ll keep. And that’s my judgement. :P

ETA: In the ninth hour, this is now soft, slightly herby French-milled soap. Nice.

Edited by malanna

This is a very complex scent, which morphed on me a lot. At first it's quite medicinal, but in a warm, sweet sense like sticky cogh syrup. Then I get a lot of different woody notes, but also rather warm than green. I think I can detect sweet sandalwood and dry myrrh. This is a very warm and reassuring scent and also quite masculine, almost fatherly if that makes sense? It's fairly strong too, so it'll be interesting to see what this is going to smell like in a few hours.

Judgement

In the bottle: Spicy and delicious in the bottle. Sweet and herbal, yet smelling vaguely of cherries.

On me: This turns into a beautiful floral. Very sweet! :P

At first: smells like a very stern men's cologne. Some deep resins and and maybe some pine. It is brightening up a bit as it settles. Interesting, it's now getting a soapy element. It has sharpened up dramatically. Ok, its flipping around again. This is a major morpher. I think there's some myrrh and perhaps a floral in there as well. It's now

sweeter. The strong floral is coming more to the foreground. It has a floral finish.

oh my goddess i love this!!!

its a bit woody, and very resiny.

i wouldnt mind smelling like this all the time!

i dont get any green, floral, soap or cherry. just dark incensy goodness...

i may need more. quickly!

Judgment

This was a part of the Tarot swap - since I need to review all of them in a very short time, this will be a brief review.

In the vial: A sweet, fruity floral.

On me:

Sweet, fruity, floral, with a heavy dose of myrrh. Actually, I think the myrrh is the sweet part. It’s very light, though, like a hint of the scent carried by the breeze.

In 10 minutes:

Still about the same.

Overall:

I really like it. I think it does fit the card of Judgment, but this is more a matter of intuition on my part. I really like the smoky, spicy, sweet myrrh which seems to be the dominant note, at least on my skin. I could see myself picking up a bottle of this.

Judgement smells like the incense my friend has burning in her home. I can't place the note, but it definitely reminds me of the first thing I smell walking into her home. Comforting and warming.

Unfortunately, it turns very amber on me. Not a great scent for me to wear, but maybe to burn.

Initial Sniff: A bit herbal and a bit resiny.

Wearing: This does indeed smell like potential. It is very positive and grounding. It starts out largely herbal, but the resins take over and it ends up as a resiny red floral/herbal with an interesting spice to it. Complex, but so harmonious that it feels simple.

Final Impressions: This is incredibly easy to wear and has an incredibly positive vibe about it. Perfect.

Judgement

this is mostly patchouli, with an almost medicinal note near the start that has completely disappeared on drying down. but it is patchouli with a soft, slightly sweet and - dare I say - chewy feel to it. :P

Having read the judgement card's description I would agree that this is a very forgiving and comforting blend.

Oh good! I'm glad I'm not the only one who got patchouli from Judgement!

This is a lovely sweet, resinous floral patchouli blend, not unlike Vixen. It's very warm and comforting and I would wear it as a perfume as well as for meditation.

:P

Judgement is very very very resiny on me. A tiny bit of florals peeks through on the drydown, & maybe a hint of cherry. However, it is resiny throughout.

Oops, I posted my review for Temperance here by mistake. I will update with my proper Judgement review shortly. :P

Okay, here goes:

The oil is a dark, almost brown color, which makes me expect some of my favorite scents might be lurking in here -- a patchouli or vetiver, a resin perhaps. It's a dark musty mix of a sort of vague incensy smell...not one that I can recognize, it's a little spicy, with a slight medicinal/herbal overtone that gives it a bit of a "greenish" cast over the impression of a thick brown scent that I'm getting. Oh, oh, I think there might be a bit of tobacco in there as well! A bit like a smoky cologne.

I would probably wear this as a scent -- as for its Tarot associations, it has a very formal and masculine feel. It feels "official", not like a woody forest scent but a wood-paneled dark room with high ceilings.

Edited by sarada

Bottle (Imp): This smells really fresh, and clean. I think there might be a hint of myrrh?

Just On: There could be some patchouli in here.

An hour or two later: Sweet woodsiness.

Around 6 hours: I like the wood part, but it's pretty light now, and the sweet part is gone.

12 hours: This has gone away completely.

Overall: I like the way this smells, but again, it seems to be fading faster than what I'd like. I think I could use this every so often, but I'm not sure if I can justify getting a big bottle.

After reading other reviews: I didn't get cherries or floral out of this, and I too can see why folks wouild say it smells like potential. Perhaps the myrrh is the sweet spicy part.

My boyfriend and I think that this is a heavy, dark, musky scent. I can definitely smell red musk. It's similar to Scherezade, but sweeter and less spicy. My boyfriend thinks that it's overpowering, dense, and floral, but I think it's soft. At the beginning, I thought that I could smell berries, but now it's mostly red musk.

I'm so happy to find another red musk scent that I love! I mostly get red musk sweetened by a fruity note, perhaps fig. As paperdoll mentioned in her review, Judgement has a very positive vibe about it.

I acquired an imp of Judgement from a forumite, based on a combination of reviews (fruity/incensy sounded good to me) and it is a card I am drawn to and it just seems appropriate for a lawyer (as does Justice, and I will get around to that one eventually, I am sure).

Unfortunately, this was before I knew that "fruity/incensy" translates largely to a red wine sort of note a la Bachanalia and Madrid for me - I would highly recommend this to anyone lamenting the passing of the former blend, as it smells very similar to me.

My nose really really enjoys the actual smell of this scent - it is a very winey note with hints of cherries and musk and incense to me, both in the vial and on my skin. Unfortunately that is a combination my brain chemistry just does not want me to enjoy. :P

Judgement is a blend that exudes warmth. I could definitely detect musk and a whiff of spicy insence combining with the more faint scent of berries.

This is a nice blend but it doesn't stand out to me as a fragrance.

Judgement was very resinous, almost powdery, quite herbal and incensy to me -- it started off light and poofy, then darkened into a vibe almost like "death and despair, mere mortals!!!!" Nice, but kind of creepy.

I don't get a lot from this one, because it vanishes as soon as it touches my skin.

Wet I get a citrusy note with a touch of green. And then it's over. :P

This one reminds me so much of the TAL blends Flame of Desire and Fiery Command, which are two of my all time favorites. It's a very incensey, head shop type oil, but in such a masterfully blended way. It has an underlying, almost powdery sweetness to it that mellows out the intensity of the incense note. It's a wonderful, goddess temple type scent, and one that I find quite comforting. I am thrilled to have acquired a decant of this from pink.owl because I absolutely love it. I've been so broken hearted that I can't get any more Flame of Desire, but this is a perfect replacement. I will definitely be ordering a big bottle, because incense blends this good are one in a million. :P