Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Coral Snake (2006)

Snake Oil with blood orange, red apple, lemon peel, plumeria, and gardenia.

In the bottle: Apple, with a bit of a soapy floral thing going on.

Wearing: Apple! Apple, and little else. As it dries, I get a whiff of plumeria, but that's it. I don't smell citrus, I don't smell Snake Oil, all I get is the apple and plumeria. It's very pretty and not unpleasant, but definitely not me, and anyway, I think Hesperides is enough to whet my appetite for apple any day.

Edited by voodoobaby

Wet, this is totally delicious juicy apple goodness! There's a hint of cinnamon in there as well, but since that's not listed in the notes I guess my brain's just supplying it to go along with the fresh apple-cider scent of this oil. I can totally smell the vanilla from the Snake Oil in here too.

My only problem with this is that it fades quickly -- after 3 hours I couldn't detect any of this remaining on my skin. All in all a tasty little snake!

You know, for what it's worth, I really didn't like Snake Oil all that much in the first place, but I find myself loving a LOT of the Snake Pits.

Coral Snake, in the bottle is such a delicious scent - Apple! then oooo LEMON!! and a hint of gardenia slithering around in there that just sends a shiver down my back. I was in love at first sniff.

Wet on my skin, there's the orange, and apple and gardenia still there, and that's ok, because they go so very well together on me, I just want to .. roll in it.

Drydown - so lovely, I want to say eloquent. Elegant. Euphoric too. No one note overpowers the rest, they just play very well together. (As a sidenote, this blends very well with Priala.)

Starts out as a very bizarre fruit-potpourri scent in the bottle, and while I love it, apparently no one else does.

HOWEVER this dries down into perfect spiciness, with the vanilla turning the whole thing into a sort of creamy, sweet, fruity spice. I really liked Saw-Scaled Viper because it provided this lovely spicy note, but this knocks it out of the ballpark - so much more depth and nuance. I NEED a bottle of this.

Imp: Sweet! Apple!

Wet: This is all fruit, thankfully. The blood orange is the bulk of the scent, and the lemon peel really makes it feel bright. The apple is very crisp, and doesn't go fake on me like most apple scents (Delerium was gross)

Dry: Yup, just sweet tasty fruit. It's a fresh fruit salad and perfect for summer.

I really love the way this smells for the first while. The apples are juicy and red and this is very refreshing. In a way the fruit aspect doesn't seem to mesh with the Snake Oil musks and such, so this is a "like" but not "love" scent for me.

wow this is very sweet and floral. i get a vanilla-orange-plumeria. very lush and tropical with a warmth behind it. it's almost foody but not quite and all the notes are blended very well. this is very pretty, and isn't really my style. that being said, i could see myself wearing it occasionally.

Edited by theseagrows

In the bottle : apple cider

wet : really strong spicy apple smell

dry : the apple smell dies down and the snake oil really comes out

I really like this one a lot. I will definately buy multiple bottles of this one.

Coral Snake

First smelling the bottle, I catch warm spices. Opening the vial fully, I smell fresh cut apples. It's funny, closing it partially, I get mulled cider. (I did this a couple of times, it amused me.) Upon first application, it smells strongly of fresh apple. It fades quickly into a warmer note. As it sits, the florals rise and the apple fades. Despite the spicy tones, there is a distinct tart sharpness which can be attributed to the citrus blends.

This is a beautiful and complex scent. The florals aren't so strong so that a man couldn't wear it. My husband agrees that it is gender neutral (I had him test with me this time.) This is late Summer, but especially Autumn. This scent makes me think of apple orchards, mulled cider, and other warm harvest smells.

After it sets a bit, the fruit and spice tones move to the background and the florals really play up, entering a perfumey stage that isn't me. As it wears further, the florals fade back into the background, and what remains is a soft, mildly spicy smell with traces of vanilla.

[1 - Hate] .. [2 - Dislike] .. [3 - Like] .. [4 - Really Like] .. [5 - Love]

4 / 3 : I love a lot of the notes in this scent and how they shift and transform with wear, but that floral stage really doesn't click with me.

Edited by MaidenGenevive

wet: a nice hit of snake oil and apples.

wet: this is a very spicy apple scent, like a clove-studded apple swimming in booze.

this is spicy without burning my tender skin. yet another carnaval diabolique oil to stock up on.

dry: the apple fades back a bit and i'm surrounded with that deep, sweet snake oil smell. though not as strong (and sometimes headachy) as straight snake oil, this is very, very nice.

Do not like in the vial or on me initially – cannot smell the Snake Oil and red apple generally doesn’t like me. I do love plumeria and gardenia but I seriously doubt I’ll be able to detect it in this fragranc. Not liking at all, I want to wash it off!

Apple cider. Straight apple cider. I love it. From the bottle to the drydown, that's all I get and all I need. Definitely a love scent for me.

This smells absolutely lovely. It's crisp yet juicy apples with an extra kick--crimson and sort of rich and spicy but it doesn't smell of cider to me. My only wish would be for the snake oil to show its head a bit more.

The only problem is that my skin eats and it is gone without a trace within minutes. Even in the crooks of my arms, and even the throw from my scent locket doesn't do much. I wish it lasted on me long enough to justify a bottle purchase. I also wish that there was a line of bath products in this scent, or at least a soap!!!

In the imp: I'm feeling wary of this. Florals so often go wrong on me. But when they go right, I like them so much... It's a lighter colour than Snake Oil, or the other members of the Snake Pit; the amber of malt whisky. I'm putting off opening it, aren't I? OK, let's have a sniff. ... That's gorgeous. Really, really gorgeous. Apple's the prominent scent, with a backing of spring blossoms. I can't detect the Snake Oil at all.

On the wrist: Still mostly apple (quite sharp apple), but now it's balanced by Snake Oil's vanilla in the throw, though close to the hand it's all sharp, fresh, fruits and florals. Did I mention that this is gorgeous?

One hour later: It's no longer quite as sharp, especially on the right wrist where the Snake Oil has come through a little, but still... I'm overusing the word 'gorgeous', aren't I? Fresh, sweet apples, light, fresh flowers that don't smell at all 'perfumey', all mellowed and sweetened by vanilla... This is like a picnic in an orchard on a bright spring day, with everyone wearing frilly and lacy confections of dresses, with the apple blossom thick on the trees and falling around like snow.

Strangely, a new bottle seems to have appeared in my next order.

This is my favorite from the Snake Pit. The apple has me swooning. It's a refreshing, light floral with Snake Oil in the background. I love Snake Oil, but sometimes it's too heavy for me. This is a fantastic alternative. I still get that deep, musky vanilla but it's made softer by other notes. So I feel like even in hot weather it doesn't overwhelm me.

The apple is the strongest note, even as it fades. It's crisp and sweet and very pretty. The orange is fairly strong too but it blends in so well with the musky vanilla that I don't notice it as much. The plumeria is the best part. It smells tropical and exotic. I expected the Snake Oil to take over but it never does. After its been on my skin for several hours the only thing I can smell is the familiar gorgeous scent of faded Snake Oil, but that doesn't happen for a long time.

Overall this smells so feminine to me. The tropical flavor is beautiful. I wear this one often and I always get compliments when I do. I have to get back-ups of this to have on hand so I never run out.

Wow. This one morphs a lot on me! I smell Snake oil with a prominant apple note...and that soon fades...enter plumeria...and a touch of orange. Dry down is sweet, tangy with a LITTLE bit of spice. Not too bad. Not sure if it's a keeper, but very pretty.

When this was new, I made the note that it was crisp, fresh, fruit salad. Lots of orange, some apple, and a hint of fresh Snake Oil. I really liked it then. It's more like Australian Copperhead, in that the SO is secondary to the fruit notes.

Now, my imp is about 9 months old. The scent is not so crisp, and I can smell no orange at all. Wet, it smells just like a fresh red, Fuji apple. Smooth and juicy. As some of the snake oil emerges, it deepens slightly to smell more like apple cider, or apple sauce. The Snake Oil doesn't call attention to itself, so the overall effect pretty much just smells like apple cider. As it dries, I can detect just a little plumeria and gardenia. It simply returns a little lightness to the blend, it doesn't make it smell predominately floral.

Alas, for I loved the orange. This won't be a keeper for me (although I do think I'll pick up some cider while I'm out!), but it's well worth getting if you're an apple lover! This is sooo smooth and nice. The throw is about average, definitely weak compared to pure Snake Oil. Wear life is also about average.

Edited by naeelah

Lovely lovely lovely!!!

At first, as most people have said..yes. Apples.....the same apple that's in "Poisoned Apple" A very bright apple. It does have some resemblance to Australian Copperhead. The snake oil is there immediately on me too, giving the apple a musky edge, I can smell the blood orange ever so slightly too but no Lemon whatsoever.

I also cannot detect Gardenia at all, which I'm quite thankful for as I tend to amp it like crazy and it can take over everything.. In this case the snake oil is winning YAY!!

I'm not really sure what plumeria smells like, but this blend is not one bit floral with my chemistry, it's all fruit at first which quickly fades into a much much sweeter version of snake oil.

If you took the spice and exoticness out of snake oil and replaced it with sugar.....

That's what this smells like once it's dry! It's lovely!

In the imp, this is spicy up front, and then - mmm, apple-y.

On my skin, the apple comes up more, with the gardenia and plumeria in the back.

When it dries, there's not as much fruit as I wanted - but very warm, sweet. This is almost a keeper.

The Jewish holiday of Passover is coming up, and one of the traditional foods for that holiday is charoset. It's a mixture of chopped apples, cinnamon, raisins, and nuts, all soaked in wine. It's delicious...

...and that is exactly what Coral Snake smells like. Mostly apples, with a few other sweet scents hovering in the background, and maybe a hint of spice. It's a nice scent, and I really like charoset, but I'm not sure I want to go around smelling like it all the time :P

Flirst Impression: Stale celery and citrus.

Dries down to: Celery and rancid apple peel.

Additional Comments: This has notes I usually love but they're not working on me at all in this blend. The plumeria eventually peeks around the pile of old apple peels and helps somewhat but it's too late. I like Beth's other apple scents but this one is just bad on me.

Lasted: 1-2 hours.

Rating: 2 out of 5.

A friend was gracious enough to give me the last of her Coral Snake, so here goes:

In the bottle: Hmm, peculiar..almost like bubble gum.

Wet on skin: Bubble gum scent gone, still sweet, but fruitier with almost undetectable floral.

Dry down: Snake oil vanilla scent comes out to play, but the fruitier scent is in the forefront. I can't see wearing this everyday, but I definitely like it. It seems to be a very fun, playful, yet deadly snake. :P

Expectations: High hopes for this one. I love fruits, and plumeria and gardenia are among the rare florals that I can tolerate. So as long as there's a definite Snake Oil base under this, it should be good.

In vial: Delicious spicy apple cider.

On skin, wet: Pretty much the same. I can tell there are other fruits there, but they can't be picked out individually. Not really getting the florals at all.

On skin, dry: Yummy, yummy cider. It's a bit more fresh apple now. Reminds me of when my mom had friends who owned the local orchard.

After time: 30 minutes later there's very little change. The scent is more blended, but that's about it.

Conclusion: Delicious so far. Definitely keeping this snake around!

First impression: the fresh apple I loooooooved in Poisoned Apple!

As it dries, the SO spices make it smell like delicious cider, and the fresh scent of the apple doesn't get lost in the spice.

Yep, need this.