Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SeaLady

Wolf Moon 2007

...This scent is that of unending, unquenchable hunger and feral madness. This is the dead of winter: a frozen night, chill wind, and the sharp, warm perfume of blood, fur, fang, and claw. Winter air, Terebinth pine, juniper berry, dusty orris, deep amber, white sandalwood, black musk, blue cedar, and tonka.

"Love" is not a strong enough word for how I feel about Wolf Moon. I am in thrall to it; I can't get anything done while I'm wearing it because I'm just concentrating on inhaling. It's a perfect balance of woods, berry sweetness, smokiness and a note of chilly air. It's impressively reminiscent of being in a forest clearing on a moonlit winter's night, not alone. Absolutely my favourite BPAL blend ever, it's perfect. Edited by Shollin

Bottle: chill wind blowing through the forest, lots of evergreen here.

Wet: the same, but with an undertone of dry needles or dry wood (the sandalwood I assume). it's like...sitting under an evergreen so dense that the needles beneath it are dry even in a damp forest outside of that little haven beneath the boughs.

Dry: dry much the same as wet, but the tonka is carried on the breeze, now. I can't find the amber or musk in this at all.

Later: tonka amping, which is sorta strange with the pine. I need to try it again, I'm feeling very uncertain about this one. I'm liking it, at least to the point at which it seems to not like me...

In the Imp: Evergreen and Spices

Wet: Sweet medicinal evergreen which gets sweeter. Starts to make me feel queesy. Very medicinal.

Drydown: A berry smell starts to emerge. I guess this is Juniper Berry? A very sweet tart berry smell over evergreen. Gets less medicinal and almost cheerful. This is the stage I like most, although it does not make me think of wolves at all.

After drying a long time the spices come out and mingle to give a very unique and interesting smell. Hours afterward I can smell it. Still bits of the cheerful berry smell. I really like Wolf Moon but I'm not sure that I would make good use of a 5ml. Best if I keep my imp of it and enjoy it in smaller quantity.

at first: sharp, with lots of pine.

on: very animalistic. brutal. not really me.

2 hours later: dark and feral, with a metallic tang.

4 hours later: a softy, slightly metallic, musk.

overall: this is really not my sort of scent.

Wow, I thoroughly expected to really like this scent, but I didn't anticipate falling in love with Wolf Moon.

In the bottle: Walking through a forest after rain. I can't quite pinpoint how many different woody scents I get, but pine & cedar seem to be the dominant ones. So far so good.

Right after application: Holy pine! Wow, I haven't smelt pine like this in a long time. A berry scent is trying to break through, but right now it's all pine.

Half an hour later: The pine (thank goodness) has settled down and juniper berry is really fragrant. The combination is absolutely lovely.

An Hour later: The pine and juniper berry have really calmed down, and the tonka and blue cedar have come to play. I love how this keeps changing for me.

Wolf Moon really reminds me of Snow Bunny, so much in fact, that I am thrilled to have purchased a bottle of it, as my Snow Bunny is getting low!

I :P Wolf Moon!

ADDED 8/25/08:

First Sniff: Cold air, pine, cedar, and juniper berry.

On skin: Cool, icy and beautiful pine and cedar touched with a hint of berry, amber and sandalwood. This is intoxicating, cool, and very soothing.

Dry Down: This is simply a cool, snowy pine. It feels like a yule, snow, berry, a touch of spice.

It is musky and sweet without being overbearing.

Final thoughts: Wolf Moon is exactly what I was hoping for. Great throw, long lasting and the feeling of zipping down the skihill at warp speed.

Edited by Shollin

WolfMoon1SS.jpg

OK, I bought this bottle, and I could swear it says '2005' on the label, but I think it's 2006. Anyway... I totally love this Lunacy blend! I have a newer one coming, and I hope I like it as much as I do this one.

All of the evergreen scents are lovely to my nose, and seem to be my favorite 'go-to-sleep' scent, because all of the BPAL blends which have pine or juniper, etc., all tend to lead me to fast sleep and cool dreams, which I usually remember. Now for the details...

In the imp: lovely, lovely evergreen scent. I just can't get enough of this, and to think I used to like using Pine-sol in the kitchen just because of the smell! My nose just didn't realize what better delights there were.

Wet on skin: I can't say enough how much I love this smell. I am transported to a mountain side, with lush trees and a cold wind gently tugging at my hair. This is the Wolf, highly intelligent, feral King of the Forest. Lions? Pshaw!

Dry: The dry down loses none of its evergreen delight for my nose, but mellows ever so slightly, and keeps me sniffing over and over, until I fall asleep. When I woke up 7 hours later, I could still smell traces on my wrists. Delightful.

Verdict: As with Snow Moon, this is a Lunacy blend I want to always have with me. I'm going to stretch this one for as long as possible with carrier oils, because I like to use the Lunacies at night, every night.

Is it a keeper? oh hell yeah.

Edited by stellans

I suppose I just never will learn my lesson about evergreens. This is a lovely scent and very well-blended, but I continually found myself thinking that as well as they fit, I would like the scent better without the evergreen notes. I'm going to plan on swapping this and hope that someone else will love it as it deserves.

This Lunacy blend is a dark one, suited to the blackest nights of the year, slightly woodsy with a touch of juniper. The sweet ozone and sandalwood blend together, as do the musk and amber. Juniper and cedar float on top. I don't typically care for woodsy scents, but this is beautiful, not overwhelmingly green.

On, it's much spikier, here is the thicket blooming with juniper and cedar, broken twigs and the scrape of fur sliding through the brambles. The musk is a throaty undertone, right down there with the churned leaf-litter smell that's a combination of sandalwood, pine, herbal orris, and the low thrum of amber.

This is outdoorsy but classy, refined with just a touch of the feral, a scent that catches you with one tooth just as you think you've slipped away. A masculine scent that is reminiscent of a very herbal cologne.

It dries to a juniper and cedar finish with a warm undertone of sandalwood and musk, pleasant and just a touch dirty.

In the bottle: Pine. Pine, pine, pine, with maybe a hint of juniper.

Wet: Yup, still pine. It's like inhaling a Christmas tree. But not the one in your house, the one still outside in the woods. A very musky, sharp pine.

Dry: Still pine, but... mmmm, a hint of something sweet. Must be the berry. Now that's actually a really nice combination.

Later: Can't stop sniffing! Once the sweetness kicks in, this is REALLY good

After spilling it on myself the first time I try to wear it: Well, I liked the way I smelled all day (and boy could I smell it). And no one wrinkled their nose and went "eww pine sol" so I guess that's a good sign. :P Still, I wouldn't recommend bathing in the stuff, LOL. I'm actually more concerned now that it's a little too masculine for me, but I like it a lot anyway.

When I opened the bottle, it smelled like a dead ringer for S.kadi, one of my favorite scents. It went on my wrist all sweet pine, and then bloomed up underneath with multiple evergreen scents, all hitting different notes, and underneath it all was a blanket of snow. It truly smelled like an evergreen forest in winter. In my head, though, it's not called 'Wolf Moon' at all - it's called 'Green Man', because this, to me, is what the Lord of the Forest smells of. :P It's very comforting, as it reminds me of where I grew up. Definite keeper. In fact, I think I'll go put some on right now. :D

Wolf Moon 2006

imp: berries and fir trees

wet:same. the fir amps.

dry: soapy fir berries. meh. and VERY strong.

later: powdery fir-scented Glade plug-in

In bottle: sweet undertone with Beth's snow note and pine.

Wet: sweet amber, and tonka, with snow and pine.

Dry down: amber and tonka, with the juniper berry are making this sweet I think. Of course Beth's kick ass lovley snow note and pine.

30 minutes: snow, pine, and the tonka, amber, and berry are softening even more and registering to me as a floral, like snowdrops.

Conclusion: I love this! I have yet to meet a snowy perfume that doesn't love me. Thanks Beth, another winner. Oh, and the label art kicks ass too! :P

Rating 1-5: on my skin this is a 5.

In the imp: Holiday fruit and spice. Hm.

On skin: This smells EXACTLY like an orange pomander - one of those dried oranges with cloves stuck into it. It's warm and sweet and firelight-y and cinnamony, which is unfortunate since I am not a big cinnamon fan - but things could always be worse. It has very little throw on me.

Later: Still hanging on about two hours later, though very faint (I think my skin just drinks up oils); it's stayed true throughout. After 3 or 4 hours it's all but gone.

Bottle: This smells like a warmer version of some of the yule scents to me. Definitely has that evergreeny cold scent that I don't usually gravitate towards, but its softened by some warmer musky tones that I could warm up to.

Wet: Strong on the winter air and pine, with a musky furriness to it, and a hint of something almost metallic.

Drying: The cool evergreen notes are still very strong on me, but some winter berries come out to add a sweetness and warmth. The throw is really...furry...its amazingly executed, not sure how beth did that! Its warm and cold all at once. I think the musk/amber/orris really helps with that warmth. As time goes by (30 min or so), this really sweetens up--almost like a sweet leather along with all the winter outdoorsy notes, and the cedar/sandalwood become more pronounced.

Late Dry: This is a warm musky woods blend now--the chillier evergreen notes are gone and the warmer sandalwood/cedar has replaced them. There's a bit of berry left, and the scent is still FUZZY warm with orris and amber giving it an earthy powder note. Slightly sweet, and very masculine sexy to my nose.

Overall: This is so wonderfully blended, and very evocative of its inspiration--i can imagine the warm fur, the steaming breath in the cold forest air, even the leathery skin of the animal itself. That said, its just not the type of scent I go for--a wee bit masculine to my nose. I think it'd be sexy on the hubby but he prefers his other staples, so this will have to be passed along to a more loving home. :P

Edited by jewelbug

Wolf Moon 2007, says my bottle. I did not find a thread for the 2007 blend, so hopefully this goes here.

The description of this scent was too lovely to pass up. That, and I've had a lifelong fascination with anything wolf-like *points to screen-name*. However, when I received this bottle, I had a cold, so I tucked it away, and forgot about it.

I pulled this out today, and thought I'd give it a whirl. Opening the bottle, I took a deep sniff, got some on my nose, and was pleased to smell evergreens and berries. It was chilly smelling, and a little musky. I'm in for a treat, I thought to myself. And then I sneezed. And didn't stop sneezing.

I sneezed all day long, in fact, because I had some stuck on the tip of my nose. I'm currently walking around sounding like I have a bad head cold, and I can't smell a darn-tootin' thing. I'm not sure what it is in there that does this to me, and I can't recall if I ever felt stuffed up after using Black Forest (I got that imp during cold season, so I wouldn't have noticed a few sneezes here and there while testing it). I really hope it isn't the pine.

I'm having a really hard time picking my favourite pine blend, as Beth just does pine SO well.

Wolf Moon is another divine piney, evergreen blend. But being a moon, it's a marvelous morpher! Wet, its all cold forest, damp fir and tart hints of berry.

Then as it dries, ahhhhh the musk does it's thing and steps in to make it creamy and warm and wonderful. It stays very close to the skin, but with a pine blend, this is a good thing. Pine really stays on my skin, and will tend to throw itself about with wild abandon. Here, however, it's much more subdued, and manages to step back for the other notes.

It's warm, comforting and beautiful. So glad I've got a bottle coming! :P

Warm, resiny juniper and pine. It is a deeper, more delicious older brother to Golden Priapus, soaked in amber. As it dries, a berry note comes out to run through the crushed needles, almost playfully. I am definitely in love with this wild blend.

I first put this one and was smothered in Pine-Sol. By the time I left for work...maybe half an hour, it lighted up a bit and got sweeter. I could smell a bit of he berry. Eventually the strong pine was good, but still woodsy and sweet with the berries. I liked this by mid-day. Not in love with it though. This is a cold, outdoors scent for me.

Wolf Moon

In vial, trees and spicy berries - it's the holidays! Wet on skin, tree, beautiful majestic evergreen. There's a warm spice to it. I feel as though I'm walking through the woods in the winter, the spicy scent of evergreen, weighed down by crisp snow. There's a hunger to this that feels urgent. It's motivating, yet soothing at the same time.

[5 - Love] This feels like home, somehow.

mmm I really like this one. I got it in a bottle trade. It starts out being cool and a little airy. There is some pine showing up. Then it goes warm and woody. mmmmmmmmm

I think I'm down with orris and quite possibly juniper. Certainly when they are combined with pine. I was really excited by the idea of this one, but I think I like Snow Moon much better. This does have a forest thing going, but with a medicinal edge I really can't Handle.

A nice scent overall, but on me it smells a bit too much like a christmas candle. Not in a bad way, just that I would rather have my room smelling like this than myself. The boyfriend who loves pine does say the same thing. He sat down next to me and asked if I was burning a candle.

After an initial pine blast the tonka really comes out way too strong so I blame this on my non-cooperative skin. Which is a shame, I wanted to love this.

I think this scent is a lovely, cool evergreen sweetened by juniper berry. Juniper and pine are the primary scents I get from Wolf Moon, plus whatever is making it cool to the nose. I think there's a faint powdery sweetness of sandalwood here. I really like this scent, and I find it to be very unisex as well.

My husband however, says it smells like Christmas potpourri. Bummer.

bottle: pines, musk, amber sandalwood... where has this blend been all my life...?

wet: this is pine and sandalwood on me, like a snow-less version of old moon. super cold and feral, love it.

dry: this dries to sweet sharp pine and creamy sandalwood. a definite keeper.

(edited for spelling idiocy)

Edited by hkhm

I really liked this, unfortunately, it didn't like me. I totally got the forest, piney, smell but as I wore it throughtout the day, I started to develop a migraine. As soon as I washed it off, I felt better.