Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
finecurvedhips

Lick It Again

Every holiday season should be full of lewd suggestions and filthy double entendres, right? This is a new take on last year's Lick It -- a peppermint candy cane with an extra jolt of sugar.

First Impression: Sweet and icy mint
Dries down to: No change
Additional Comments: Pure mint - very fresh. Reminds me of candy cane ice cream.
Lasted: A few hours
Rating: 3 out of 5

High, sharp sweetened mint - yes, it IS a candy cane!

The vanilla in Lick It was a lot stronger on me, and it didn't hit quite as hard or feel as sinus-clearing (eep.) Still delicious and sweet, but I will be content to stay with an imp of Lick It Again, where I am constantly bemoaning my lack of Lick It.

In the bottle: This smells exactly like the mint fondant inside After Eight mints, with perhaps a faint overtone of Kendal mint cake. It makes my eyes water slightly. Also, my mouth...

On the wrist: Mint fondant. Oh yes. With a cleaner, fresher, less artificial mint. I begin craving After Eights.

One hour later: Still mint fondant, but mellower and a little faded; this does seem to fade relatively quickly. I still smell edible, but a little less like an actual mint sweet :P

In the bottle:

Peppermint and cream.

Wet:

VERY strong peppermint, with a hint of something sweet underneath. It's funny, because at first the peppermint is so strong that it feels like it's searing my nostrils--but I can't stop sniffing it. Is there crack in this?

Dry:

This seems to dry down very quickly, to a sweet vanilla with pepperminty bits. Yum yum! I didn't expect to love this blend so much. :P

Testing it in honor of the Yule update! :P

Bottle: Wet peppermint.

Wet: Peppermint and sugar that are so strong I can taste them in my mouth.

Drydown: I'm not a big fan of mints, but I had to try this beloved scent. I like it, though it makes me feel a bit like walking toothpaste! :D

3.5 outta 5

Bottle: Cold medicine that's been sitting beside the Vicks vapo-rub too long.

Wet: Minty freshness with a weird creamy undertone.

Drydown: It's definitely minty up close, but the throw has that vanilla creme undertone I'm not terribly fond of. And vanilla and mint do not, in my book, mix well together. (Tokyo Stomp overkilled that point for me.)

Dry: Sugared mint that's become less sharp and yummy, with the unfortunate overtone of vanilla.

My rating: 3/5. It's a pretty scent, but the vanilla is just not working for me.

At first it was so strong it made my eyes literally water!!!! :P But I left it alone.

And now I am glad I did!! It's still kinda strong, after drydown, but now the sugar melts through- literally smelling like it's melting through- and now it's smelling nicely sugar-coated. Slightly vanilla-y.

I don't see this as a top 10, but I can certainly see whipping it out and dabbing (no slathering for this implet!) it on for the holiday season.....

Man I should have listened to the prior reviews talking about eyes watering. I took a big 'ole inhale out of the imp and BAM PEPPERMINT! Sharp, freezing peppermint. Luckily I'm always on the look out for a great mint oil because it's either beautiful or turns to.. celery on my skin.

The creamy vanilla settles the peppermint down immediately on my skin. It's still a little menthol for my taste but it's true to its candy cane nature definitely!!

It's pretty but I'm not sure if I'll keep the imp or not. It might need a second run through. :P

I've decided that Lick It Again is my favorite in the Lick It series.

It's creamy, sugary peppermint. I don't get strong, harsh mint like other have reported. To me it's smooth and comforting. It's cool and icy on my skin.

I love this one and have since last year. MMMM.

Expectations: I'm wary of this one, having already tried Lick It One More Time and hating it—both the scent and the way it made my skin feel.

In vial: Less overwhelmingly minty than Lick It One More Time was.

On skin, wet: Mildly sweet, like dark chocolate. Once again I'm reminded of a York Peppermint Patty.

On skin, dry: Not as strong as Lick It One More Time. So far so good.

After time: For the first 25 minutes I was thinking "It's just like Lick It One More Time, only less so." Then the cold tingly feeling set in and that part isn't less so.

Conclusion: The scent is ok, but I can't wear this. Passing this on to a friend who will appreciate it much more than I do.

In Vial: Sugar and mint with a hint of vanilla

Wet: Stronger, but still sugar and mint with a touch of creaminess. This is wonderfully yummy!

Later:I have had this for a while and just forgot to review it. I am a BIG fan of mint, sugar, and vanilla so this is all win for me. This drysdown to a scent similar to cream soda after the mint dissapates. I love this one, all year round.

First sniff: Wonderful candy-sweet mint. I’ve been fighting the creeping crud for a couple of weeks and this feels amazingly good to my sinuses right now. If I didn’t know it was an incredibly bad idea, I’d be tempted to pour the whole bottle straight up my nose...

Wearing: It’s pure candy cane, at least at first. When the original Lick It hit my skin, it went from peppermint to something very like Sugar Skull within minutes. For now, it’s making my nose very tingly and very happy. …Ah, here we go. There’s that warm burned-sugar thing happening underneath. And… oh, dear, it’s going plasticky, which the first one never did. I think I’ll stick with the original.

Oh boy - this is gorgeous !!

But sadly - on my skin it vanishes almost immediatly.

I put it on and for about 10 minutes it smells wonderful - sweet, minty, sugary.

And then its gone.. without leaving any trace.. its so sad.

But I love it anyway.

In the bottle, sweet, almost boozy vanilla. And while I don't normally go for uber-foody, I am a sucker for vanilla, so here goes...

Wet, the mint is coming out. Very candy cane indeed.

Dry, only mint, I'm afraid. Still, it's nearly the time of year that I can get away with smelling of candy canes...and alternatively, it would make an amazing room scent. Mint is always cooling though, so in the middle of an Australian summer I might find it perfect then!

bottle: very sugary pepperminty goodness.

wet: aaaahhhh... just like a perfect peppermint candy cane.

dry: this lasts a remarkable amount of time on my skin. very festive.

having only tried lick it one more time previously, lick it again is much more sugary which is precisely what i wanted.

Terminal Sugar Rush Here I Come!

The first ten minutes there is a wintery mint with a lot of sugar. After ten minutes the mint is gone and it feels and smells like sniffing a packet of powdered sugar, even hurts my nose a little bit, they way it burns when you get the sugar up your nose. Weird. I wish the mint would hang around for a bit. After complete drydown my nose starts reading the sugar as something else, like a cold, white and very sweet musk. Not really vanilla for me.

Probably not a bottle candidate but I think I'll keep my decant :P

This is the first "Lick It" I've tried, got it in a swap and was thrilled to get my hands on it.

Fresh out of the imp this sucker has a minty punch. Like popping an Altoids in. But for me, its a refreshing awesome stage of this scent. Its bright and cheery and peps you up. Crisp, cold mint. But with a sugar shock factor in it too.

Then as it mellows, there's certainly a sugary vanilla that mellows out the mint. It's like those wedding mints, the ones you pop in your mouth and they melt. Everytime I sniff this, my mouth waters. The vanilla isn't... hardcore vanilla. It's the cheap vanilla flavoring we think of whenever someone says vanilla. Which, honestly, I love XD. Sugar-packed vanilla.

Hours hours hours later - this is a soft, creamy mint. Locally we have this chocolate place called Ester Price, they make these holiday mint chocolates that are amazing. White chocolate, mint, holiday colors. They've got bite, but once you bite back they just melt away in a soft sugary deliciousness. This is that. So much.

I love this. I'll be on the prowl for these. It has nice throw, not too much but just right that I dont have to huff my wrist. And long endurance. "light" notes dont tend to last long, Ive noticed. but the mint never vanishes, it just relaxes.

Imp: sticky, wet candycane; sweet.minty goodness

Wet: sweeter,creamier mint; you can feel it on the skin-- not exactly colling but it definitely has a presence. almost a hint of sweet chocolate.

Dry: creamy, delicious mint candycane with a hint of chocolate.

This is so dead on. Someone earlier mentioned After-Eights. I agree. Maybe that's where I'm getting the chocolate; a nice sensory memory. Definitely mint candy as opposed to mint plant, or medicinal mint salves. Lick It Again is what I was hoping Lick It Like You Mean It would be. It took a long time for the vanilla in this to decide it hated me, and that made me happy. So, as long as I reply frequently, this is the ultimate candycane scent. It will be worn in December, oh yes.

Scent stays very close to the skin, and is sweet and delicious. Yea!

Sweet & creamy - mint explosion candy canes with just the tiniest trace of vanilla. I adore the lick it series. Fun and frivilous.

Lick it again is the one I find to be the most minty.

Lovely sweet creamy mint that unfortunately is gone within 15 minutes on my skin. :cry2: I think this is the fastest I've ever had a BPAL disappear on me. Guess I'll have to look elsewhere for my minty vanilla fix.

Exactly what it says on the delicious tin. A candy cane dusted with powdered sugar. Although after about 15 minutes it actually starts to feel icy-hot on my wrists. Hmm. ouch?

Edited by Soupy Twist