Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
anomie

Osun

Osun.

... Her ofrenda is thick with honey and herbs of love, passion and desire.

In the bottle, mmm honey. Not sticky, cloying honey though, this is more of a florally sweetness. Once on this reminds me a little of Athens but I like this better. It's golden and warm and comforting. There's a touch of baby powder but not many scents smell like that on me so it's nice. There's not a lot of throw but I like it that way. The delicious smell isn't noticeable until you get up close which gives it a sensual air. So glad I bought a bottle :P

In the vial this is sweet honey with herbs

On my skin it turns out sharp, with none of the sweet honey goodness... It usually happens with a lot of florals, so I'm wondering if there are florals in this blend? Perhaps herbs do the same thing with my corrupted skin.

If this would stay the way it was in the bottle, it would be gorgeous. *sniffs again* beautifully sweet but not too sticky.

On first application, this is honey and herbs, a fresh and sweet garden. The honey isn't as cloying as I anticipated, and the overall blend is crisp and warm. I can smell floral notes in the background, but they're not overpowering. It's lovely.

Ah, Osun. this is the perfect representation of her, I think. Heady honey, a strong floral, and a boozy note that all encourage indulgence. I'll be very happy to use it to dress candles for her with it.

As a scent, its not me. I love BPAL honey notes, but this is boozier, more floral than the intoxicating honey of, say, Litha or Honeymoon. I don't get a true honey note from it. Someone compared it to Jezebel, and yes, it seems similiar to me, enough so that I wonder if the floral is rose.

Honey, uh oh. My skin doesn't much like that.

I smell the bug spray note I've noticed in several Voodoo oils, but it's not all that strong. It vanishes in a puff of powder on my skin. This has something slightly floral in it. Unfortunately, the honey is killing the scent. I can't discern any notes and it's fading pretty quickly.

Honey and herbs sounded good, but this is... floral? I had the same problem with the honey single-note; I suspect that this is the same honey used in that, not the rich sweet honey note found in O. At any rate, it's really too floral for my taste, though it's not an unpleasant scent by any means -- I'm just not a floral kind of gal. Bottom line: swap pile.

Ha! On first sniff, Osun smells just like my imp box!! This is a clean yet heady, girlie kind of scent. Not quite soft but not quite sharp either. On my skin, the blend turns powdery almost immediately. It is a tad herbal, maybe a little floral too, and kind of baby powder-esque. An uber feminine skin musk of sorts.

I don't detect honey. At least not the typical golden, sticky honey note that I'm used to. But that's ok, because I think any strong sweetness on top of what I'm smelling would be overwhelming.

Overall, this blend emits a strong and bright cleansing aura to me. Much like TAL's White Light. While this isn't a blend I'd wear, I bought it more for Osun's associative properties, so the imp will make its way to my alter instead of my vanity table. I look forward to working with Her, and do find this oil to be a fitting tribute in full.

I received this as a frimp from the lab. Normally I wouldn't necessarily gravitate to sweet scents, but I am always to try! I am a fully married woman now, but I have been in my past a courtesan-in-training, and I do honor that aspect of my femininity.

So, after wearing this a couple of times, here is what I have to say about it.

This is a very golden honey scent, sweet, but in no way cloying. Wearing Osun feels like wearing liquid Beauty! I want to say that the honey is dominant in this, but I can't, really. It is so well-rounded. Osun radiates the perfect light to be reflected by.

I would definitely say that this scent is Lolita (the scent) grown up. She is utterly confident in her femininity, no Power plays here, none are needed.

I will be ordering a bottle of this, without a doubt. Well done!

ETA: I was thinking about how this perfume has an underlying association with sunflowers (much like Lolita did for me), their gold, their richness (they are quite oily.) I checked the description, and there they are, Osun's flower. hmmm, I think I will grow her many sunflowers next summer.

Edited by urbanruralferal

it smelled sweet to start with, but quickly morphed into baby powder. Eventually, it dried down into an herby scent, but the BP smell underneath it all ruined the whole thing. Heartbreaking.

Off to swaps it goes.

In the bottle - Honey and something green and fresh that I'm sure I should recognise.

Wet on me - It's fairly indistinct and immediately becomes a skin scent. There's something fruity there and something peppery all backed by the honey.

Dry on me - Sweet and peppery and almost smokey. Not as sharp as some honey blends, but very long lasting.

Overall - I like this, but I don't know when I'd wear it.

Osun needs to grace my life right now; I feel absolutely worked to death and in need of time for beauty and pleasure! :P In the vial, I smell honey and...rose? Is that what that is? On me--yes, that is *definitely* rose, blooming beautifully on my skin and undercut with herbal honey. This is really unexpected, as I thought it might be more like Litha. I can't quite decide if I like this combination, since I like both honey and rose as dominant notes but both at once is a little much. The drydown is a bit more herbal and bitter, so I think I'll let Osun go (but retain her influence!).

This is a lovely, mellow, girly scent. I think it's perfect for the Lady in question.

My skin loves honey, so that's the predominant note that comes out on me. I also get a whiff of rose and some other flowers I can't identify, and it also smells sort of milky, but thankfully without the mysterious ick I got from Milk Moon. Lovely, peaceful, and sweet.

It's crazy, but in the bottle I smell berries or cranberries, almost like those cheap potpourri packets sold at craft stores.

When I first put it on my skin, it smells very herby, similar to The Unicorn. As it dries, the honey comes out, but the herbiness never leaves completely. It is very sweet and makes me think of thick wildflower or clover honey that I would bake with.

Not my favorite honey scent, but not a dud either.

I could have gone for green/herbal, but for me this is mostly rose... not the fresh Rose Red rose, more like the perfumey/tea-rose rose. There's something behind that scent, but it's drowned out by a sweet floral.

First sniff: Oh. Honey. Warm, thick, slow-flowing honey with flecks of green.

Wearing: Glorious herbal honey – it’s much greener and less sweet than the other Lab honey scents I’m familiar with, and though I adore the sticky-sweet-smoky honey blends, this one is a really nice change.

Yuuuuuummmm! that is what I thought once this hit my skin. This is sweet, luxurious honey with a bit of fruit and herbs behind it. Call me crazy, but I think some of the herbs are similar to the herbs in Anubis, because there is something linking to the two in my brain (and nose).

I am ever so thankful that I got a frimp of this, because I totally didn't realize it existed in the catalog, and it is definitely bottle worthy! It lasts and lasts and is incredibly decadent and comforting. Another one for my bottle wishlist!

Ahhh, another beautiful honey scent! The honey note in this reminds me a bit of O; it's a sweet, thick, gooey, rot your teeth out honey note. It's softened up and smells a bit vanilla as well. There is a fresh, herbally/soapy undertone to the honey. A unique combination indeed, but it works. Feminine, smooth, and super sweet; I love it.

Oh, I *love* this. This is what I was hoping Honey Moon would smell like. On me, the opening honey note is thin, floral and perfumey, not sticky and edible. It dries down to a lemony, powdery sweetness with faint hints of roses and Mediterranean herbs baking in the sun. And god knows I need more beauty and civilization in my life right now, so I am very happy to have received this frimp and will be wearing it frequently.

This is another one that I can't believe I haven't reviewed.

I love the Lab's honey, but it's frequently too heavy on me. Here, though, it's perfect. The light scent of honey remains throughout with a bit of floral and herbal in the background to keep it from being cloying. It's liquid sunshine and happiness in a bottle.

this smells powdery on me with a slight floral tinge. bpal's honey note often turns powdery on me though, so i kind of expected it, but figured i'd try anyway. it's just too sweet and powdery for me, so osun's off to the swaps.

Honey almost always equals powder on me but sometimes I'm okay with that. This one was no exception and turned immediately to powder. What really made me cringe was that it made my wrist smell like dirty diapers; powder, baby skin and spoiled milk. Yuck. This one's not for me. *runs to wash it off*

As a beekeeper, I had such hopes...

Alas, wet and drydown, this is caramel and sweat, with an undertone of old dust.

Dry, the dust comes out even more, with a sickly sweet decay smell and something that reminds me of old newspapers stored for years in a hot attic. Not good. Just not my orisha, I guess...

Later note:

I tried this a couple weeks later, and it was still caramel and sweat out of the bottle, but morphed into something a lot nicer as it dried down. There was a pastry quality that came out, somewhat nutty and honeyed, but with a floral reenforcing it from behind. Still not really my orisha, but a big improvement. Maybe it's timed to my cycles, or diet or something.

Edited by Jilara

I loved this in the bottle! Very sweet honey with a sort of yummy undertone of spiciness that somehow seemed foody. No particular spice I could put my finger on, it was just 'yum'!

On skin, the morphed dramatically, and something that smells a bit like rubber is coming out, not in a bad way, but weirdly, rubber. I could see it if it powdered down like other people have described.

After a while the rubber seems to tone down and there's herbs! Almost a lemony scent, and very sweet florals, and a lot of 'green'.

Well, at first sniff I thought this one would be a bottle for me, but after wearing it, maybe not.