Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Bellatrix

Peony Moon

Peony, plum blossom, water reeds and soft Asian woods.

Peony Moon is my first lunacy blend and I got it for myself as a birthday present. I am quite pleased to report I am very happy with it. Peony Moon is a lovely, fresh and pink floral with some other notes that ground it down a little. It’s very much “spring”. It’s nanna friendly, that is, you can wear it around your nanna without offending her BUT you won’t smell like a nanna either (which is what Peitho did to me). I needed an all-purpose, inoffensive and youthful floral that wasn’t too pale-princess and this is it :P happy me.

Bottle: freshly blooming peony. I can't wait for the eeensy-little bush in the backyard to bloom!

Wet: there is a hint of the plum blossom with the peony..it's on the sweet side, but doesn't detract from the heady, intoxicating peony.

Dry: it's my grandmother's back yard in a few weeks - she has a whole fence-side of the yard packed with these huge peony bushes that had been her mother's (..and someday, when the house needs be sold, they will be my and my sister's lovely old-fashioned bushes).

Later: soft, and subtle, and peony, and Spring! Happy, happy me. If I had married early enough in the year these would have been my bouquet, I do love peony.

Edited by Juniperus Intrepidus

Flowers and something a bit like.. butter. Kind of like a buttercup! This is definitely one of the nicer florals (I'm usually not a fan, but hey, you gotta try until you find one, eh?)

Sweet! I almost smell some moonflower in here too. Very pink. I see where that's coming from now. Fluffy pink.

As it dries down, It smells like it rained all over my pink flowers. (doesn't smell ozoney or anything, just like wet flowers). Oddly, I swear it smells like a wet tangy rose... but not. It definitely has a tangy smell.

We'll see how it ages in a month or so. (:

Edited by Mary Mayhem

This is the first floral blend I thought I'd give a go in quite a while:

in bottle: Fresh cut flowers. It reminds me of working with florists.

on skin, wet: The fresh cut smell stays, and the peony starts to come out along with the plum. After a while the reeds and woodiness starts to emerge, however, there's a plastic note underlying the blend.

on skin, dry: Sadly, very sadly, this completely turns into hard plastic before fading. It only lasted about 2 hours on my skin from initial application.

Overall, the start of it was very lovely; however, wonky skin chemistry just don't like it as much as I had hoped it to. 2/5

I don't know what peonies smell like, but this smells like a soft floral to me, similar to roses (but without overwhelming my nose as rose scents sometimes do). It's a very nice spring scent, but it faded quickly on my skin. Less than an hour later, it was barely discernible.

I had such high hopes for this one!!! I kept looking at Beth's upcoming lunacies post and I'd almost rub my hands together in anticipation for this one!! When I finally got the C'n'S for this, it was all I could do to not sit out in front of my mailbox waitiing for the package!!!!

In the bottle - gorgeous, all flowers and spring sweetness!!

On my skin - gorgeous, all peony and sweet- what? why is my head pounding?! who put 1000watt lightbulbs in here??!! oh god, do i have food poisoning? i feel like throwing up!

This my friends, was an express trip to Migraineville :P :D :D

This is the first of 3 blends that have broken my heart in recent weeks!! But I'm glad she's off to a home where the love is flowing like wine!!!!

Peony Moon is soft sweet florals floating in clean blue water. Gorgeous. It's youthful and unobtrusive and a perfect spring floral. It has a little of a rosy undertone, although I don't think there are any roses in here.

I was a little afraid of the "woods" as my skin tends to obnoxiously ramp up woodsiness, but these are more sweet woods than anything else, and I find myself wishing I'd gotten a bottle instead of an imp. Very pretty.

Peony Moon smells of beautiful pink peonies, but they're so soft and don't last. I can't smell the oil after a half hour. :P Too bad.

Wet - Fresh cut Peonies right off the bush

Dry - THis sooooooooooo reminds me of my mother peony bush we had right outside the house. I can smell the fresh cut stem along with the pungent scent of the blossoms themselves. This truly reminds of the huge bushes we had right outside our back porch.

I have worn this both on skin and in a scent locket - in the locket the peonies take control and on my skin it's an even balance. This lasts over 12 hours for me both in locket and on skin. I give it a 4 out of 5.

Edited by Shollin

In the bottle: Sweet, stark, sharp wet floral. Like walking into the cooler in a florist's.

Wet on skin: Wet, reedy green. The watery cold scent of floral greenery.

Dry on skin: A large, lush, soft blossom. Something astringent. This isn't sweet powdery perfume floral, but green fresh wet floral.

Over time: The reedy and woody notes are coming back up, sharp, biting, and damp. Wet wood and mud with an overlay of blossoming flowers.

Overall: A cold wet thaw; the riverbank in spring, muddy and sharply cold and wet, with flowers beginning to open here and there among the new green. Absolutely beautiful. 3.5/5

Mmmmm! Sweet peonies!!

Once applied to the skin, Peony Moon transforms my wrist into a lush peony bush or tree. Oh, how wonderfully feminine and girly! There are enough green notes to prevent the oil from going overboard, but it's definitely a nice floral. I can see this being a good fragrance to wear during the summer, as well as in more professional atmospheres.

:::thumbs up:::

-doreen

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a word or two: Peony!

In the bottle: Freshly-cut peonies.

On skin, wet: Plum blossom, something faintly woody, and, of course, peony! Very nice, this one, despite the fact that after the first sniff, I sneezed.

On skin, dry: This isn't much of a straight-floral scent on me; it's more like a green, almost watery scent with a woodsy edge and a thin something of peony draped over everything. Floral yes, but not strongly so. Very spring-like, as others have said. There's almost something herbal about it.

Conclusion/Notes: I love this, which really surprises me — if flowers are a big part of a scent, I usually hate it (with the exception of gardenia, and sometimes jasmine).

Joy! This is how I wish my porch smelled right now. All peonies and rain. There is a bit of plum blossom and an even smaller bit of woodiness. I thought the florals couldn't get any better than Beth's roses but Peony Moon has me enthralled. It's no wonder people are begging for Peony Moon. This is so lovely! This is sweet and pink without being <I>sweet</I> and <I>pink</I>.

So happy I found someone selling a bottle of this! Peony Moon is too good to have passed up.

In the bottle: peony with a very fresh scent that must be from the water reeds.

Wet: Lovely lovely scent of plum blossom, I think - rich and slightly fruity.

Drydown: The aquatic notes come out, and whoo, they're strong. The lovely rich scent of plum blossom starts mixing with peony, which ends up completely dominating the blend. It dries down to a powdery scent with sharp aquatic notes.

Overall: Probably very nice for peony fans, but I'm not a peony fan and it's one of the rare flowers that actually give me a headache. That and the aquatic notes makes it absolutely unwearable for me. It's a very sweet blend with a bright, sharp aquatic side. Pretty, but not me at all. And woe, the plum blossom was lovely, I wish it had stayed!

I absolutely adore peonies, but the note tends to get drowned by whatever else is in a blend b/c it's so soft. Dormouse is my current favorite peony scent, but of course it shares the stage with a tea note there. I'm so pleased that the peony finally has a scent where it can take center stage!

On me: ah, so beautiful. Peony is of course very similar to rose, my other great love. But it's a little "greener", and the faint aquatics are a perfect fit here--pale flowers floating in the water. The plum blossom adds sweetness but, thank goodness, not so much as to lose the peony. This is not a long-lasting blend, but it is great while it lasts. I'm delighted to have both the t-shirt and the oil!

In the imp: wow, this is a powerful, sweet-yet-fresh floral - lots of peony and lots of gorgeous plum blossom!

On me, wet: fresh sweet floral. Delicate without being insipid, and feminine without being too girly - there's a dampness that reminds me of London, but with a different floral.

On me, dry: Yup, still a glorious, sweet floral, but the woods have warmed it up so it's less juicy and more grounded. Very nice indeed.

Verdict: Wow, this is utterly lovely. I think I may have to spring for a bottle from someone.

bottle:

oh yes peony, this is what I hoped it smelled like!!

wet:

lovely lovely peony. What does this remind me of? Why is it so nostalgic? Why did I only get an imp?

dry:

now there's some more depth to it… but still glorious peony! Oh it reminds me a little of lily of the valley (maybe the pink variety that grows at my grandmother's?)

overall:

nosegasm. Seriously. Must have more. Right now.

rating: 10/10

Love, thy name is Peony Moon.

Few blends reduce me to mindless squeeing. This happens to be one of them.

Mindless squeeing isn't very indicative, but I completely lack the words to summarize the scent of this. It's so beautifully oriental, calling to mind the beauty of tradition and history, elegance no less amazing for its contrivance. It makes [bme[/b] feel beautiful and elegant.

I'm terribly, terribly sorry that I only got one bottle, especially as my hoarding tendencies are at war with my hedonistic tendencies, one crying for preservation as the other cries for indulgence. I may end up mixing some of this into a lotion to draw it out - and so that I can smell like it everywhere.

I received an imp of this from Kiena - thanks so much! I thought it was lovely in the vial, almost pure peony, like rose, but lighter and gentler. I wore it today in the humid heat and it showed surprising strength. The peony remains without amping, and a nice herbal scent comes out, along with what could be sandalwood. I found it refreshing, very easy to wear without being too generically so.

:P This one was a surprise. I really didn't think I'd like this one, but the floral blending is superb. Not heavy at all, but something I'd wear on a soft spring day.

I waited until the peonies were in bloom in my backyard to review this, though I have been wearing it since it arrived. I wanted to see if it really smelled like peony. And you know, I was skeptical, but it does. It opens with the sweeter plum blossom, but then the fresher, floral peony comes in as the sweetness fades a little bit. The drydown is primarily water reeds and Asian woods, and these give it a feel kind of like a warmer, sweeter Snow White (I would swear these two scents share some notes). Now it smells like peonies after a rain.

mmmmm.... seriously. This scent is SO delicious! It is a strong pink scent (if Peony's weren't pink, I would have no idea why that color just represents this bright smell!). Full bloom and gorgeous... I did not know what a Peony smelled like, but will now have to go out and find me some!

Oh, and the scent LASTS and lasts on my wrist! HOORAY!

Peony Moon - This is a beautiful, pink floral. I imagine this is exactly the scent I'd get if I crossed Flower Moon with Pink Moon, or maybe Flower Moon with a drop of Pink Phoenix. When initially applied, it's strong, but mellows out within a few minutes, and is then very subtle and pretty. If I sniff up close to my skin, I get the faintest trace of pink plastic, like I get with Midway, but if I don't sniff up close and just allow the scent to waft around me, I occasionally smell a pretty, light, pink floral that's just gorgeous. I really like this blend, and I'm so glad I bought a bottle. It's going to be absolutely perfect to wear regularly this spring.

I had such high hopes for this one, but it quickly turns to flower-scented plastic. Off to the swaps, I guess.

Peony Moon

Sweet and rose-like in the bottle. The bottle art is gorgeous.

On, this takes a sweeter, almost fruity turn.

This is turning really lovely. I'm surprised to like this as much as I do. :P