Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A sweet reward for a worthy deed: caramelized sugar and sweet cream.

Buttery caramel, yum! As I wear it, the buttery wears off and a slightly burnt note crept in. I was worried that this was the beginning of the scent going plastic, but fortunately it wasn't. The burnt note grew dryer and dryer, and it started smelling just like smoked sandalwood. For most of wear on me, Mitzvah is sweet caramel and smoked sandalwood. It's lovely, and it's also extremely close to how The Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil is on me. Given that the former is rare and expensive and the latter is general catalogue, I'll be keeping my imp but giving up my search for more Mitzvah.

I can't believe I have a imp of this! *dances* Ahem, down to business:

Note:I'm a teensy bit apprehensive 'cause the "cream" note has gone plastic on me in the past (Candy Butcher :D ).

In the bottle:slightly burnt sugar..hmm... :P

Wet: WOW! Creamy, buttery, sugary goooodness. This is divine! Could it possibly last or am I in for impending plastic? *Crosses fingers while resisting urge to lick wrist*

Dry:Sweet angry jebus! I want to knaw on my wrist. As it dries, the scents stays exactly the same, except, perhaps, for being a little less buttery and a little creamier.

Final verdict: passes out, drools, and twitches...must..have..more!

YUM factor: :D :) ;) B)

Ah, my perfect foodie scent -- sweet and creamy, with a hint of nuttiness (hazelnut?). It lasts for hours and morphs little -- an amazing scent, really. I wish there was a more easily found analog for it, and surprised there isn't one, because it is such a simple scent (well, it seems simple.) I so hope that the Lab/TP bring it back!

Mitzvah is a very light and sweet scent. Sweet doesn't really explain just how sugary this is. There's a creamy, buttery quality to it that reminds me of a dessert. It's simple but gorgeous. If you like this one you should also check out Sugar Skull.

I was lucky to get a little of this to try and it is even better than I thought it would be. It smells delicious in the imp but after trying it on my wrist, it turns into the most delectable smelling scent ever. It is like a creamy, sweet custard-I spent the next 2 hours smelling myself! I invited anyone that came close to me to take a whiff too! This is one scent that goes with my skin chemistry perfectly! Yummy! :P

Ooh. At first, I can see why this is so sought after. It's not quite like any of the other sugary blends I've tried. When first applied, there's a brief hint of the caramel that comes out in scents like Miskatonic University and Sugar Cookie, but it fades and becomes pure sugar. It's not particularly rich or cakey, but there's still a bit of a creamy-buttery hint to it, which smells much like creamed sugar and butter.

It takes on a more...cooked...sort of smell after it dries. A bit like burning sugar. :P

After an hour, the scent has nearly vanished, leaving behind only the faintest touch of burnt sugar and plastic on my arm. Ergh...

Omigosh. :D

I want to drink this :D

Sweet and candy-like almost, yet buttery, and just plain delicious.

I paid way too much for this on Ebay from the Trading Post, but man, smelling this makes it all worth it. Sigh. :P

I finally got to smell this and I'm glad I didn't try to go for a full bottle. It reminds me a bit of Anaconda, but really sweet. I mean yes, it's carmelized sugar, but still! I enjoy scents that smell like maple sugar, but I'm not sure that I'm in love with it. Definately happy to own half an imp.

I'm with Teggy- Glad I got an imp (or half) but don't need more.

This starts out WOOO BUTTERY! on me, walking that knife's edge of becoming buttered popcorn. But it manages to back itself off the edge and dries to a nice, sweet cream. Which is nice.

But not HOLYGODHOWMUCH$$$$$ on ebay nice.

I suspect this has some of the same notes as Underpants, which 90% of the population has spontaneous orgasms over and I go: hm, nice.

In the bottle: Butter creamed together with sugar and vanilla. Cue Homer-ish drooling now.

Wet: Butter and vanilla, strongly. It's verging on that plastic, play-doh note of Beaver Moon '05, which makes me nervous.

Dry: This dries down to creamy, soft, sugared vanilla. It's lingering close to my skin, but it has lasted for hours and hours. It came very close to that play-doh note for a while, but backed down and stayed lovely. A foody dream come true.

:D Thanks to a wonderful swapper, I am at last allowed to sniff this oil too!!! :D

wet in imp: brown sugar mixed with warm butter.

wet on Skin: Brown sugar mixed with warm butter, and a splash of vanilla

Drydown on skin: :P Brown Sugar Cookies! I can see why everyone likes this one so much. A little sweet, but delicious nonetheless. I love it! :D

This scent definitely nails in my mind that I need to stay away from BPAL's cream note. On wet, this is buttercream frosting. Then it gets this weird plasticy edge on me.

Now it smells of burnt sugar and buttery plastic.

*sigh*

Not for me.

You’re in the kitchen; you’ve been cooking up some sweet treats. On the counter sits a giant bowl of fluffy white buttercream frosting whipped up with plenty of vanilla and rich butter. Meanwhile, on the burner, you’re caramelizing sugar and cream until you have a sticky, syrupy, golden nectar. This is the scent that fills the air. Now what are you waiting for, lick those beaters! :lol:

Wet: Sweet and spicy. Not really sure what's making the sugar and cream smell spicy...

First on: Unchanged.

Dry: Fainter sweet and spicy. I like it, but not enough to hunt down more of it or anything.

In the bottle - Sweet buttery goodness. This reminds me of a lighter version of Midway.

Wet - BUTTERBUTTERBUTTER.

Drying - This is a very innocent scent. The thing I'm most reminded of is sugar cookies. It's sticking very close to my skin, but at least it's not getting that caramelized burnt scent. Just sugar with a touch of butter.

Dry (2 hours) - It's still lingering there just barely if I press my nose to my wrist, but that's all there is.

Overall - Too faint for me, but it's nice to know that there are sweet scents that my skin doesn't do funky things to. As a side note, this is not at ALL what I would imagine a mitzvah would smell like. :lol:

Okay. Let's factor in the aging process and the fact that my skin is weirdness itself. (Monsterbait: Closet smells like caramel apple on me. I rest my case.)

I don't get any butter or caramel from this. On my skin, Mitzvah smells remarkably clean and sweet, like perfectly-sugared tea. This is from someone who hates sugar in her tea. But this is completely lovely. It makes me think of having scones in a tearoom.

I know what I'll wear next time I go to one.

Not much throw, but it lasts for quite a long time on me--at least 10 hours.

Edited by tarotgirl

This didn't last very long and doesn't have good throw. It smells like butterscotch/buttered popcorn/toffee. Too buttery for my taste.

I was sold this imp with a bunch of other rares thanks to a generous forumite (whose name I have sadly forgotten).

This? Is like the best and tastiest parts of childhood junk food! It smells of hot popcorn with butter, creamy caramel thickshakes, and I want to say fairy floss, but that's probably just my imagination going back to days at the fairgrounds, pestering my dad for all the junk food we were never allowed to eat at home!

One for the foodies, definitely, and smells divine, but I'm not sure that I'd wear this.

Sniffing the imp, it's butterscotch and sugar. But very faint, light.

On my skin, this is still very faint with little throw to it...I'm getting the caramelized sugar, but not really any of the cream note.

It's a nice scent, but I think I would have to bathe in a vat of this to get any kind of throw.

Happy I was able to try it, but very glad I don't feel compelled to track down an entire bottle of it. :D

Mitzvah

In the Vial: BUTTER! Buttery sugar, to be more precise.

Wet: Hm, still buttery, but now plasticy. Hm, sort of like powdered sugar on something v buttery.

Drydown: Pretty true to the wet smell. Still slightly buttery, powdered sugar and plastic.

Verdict: It's a really fun smell in the vial, and so-so on my skin. I'm definitely glad I got to try one of those rare BPAL blends, but I don't think I love this enough to keep. I'd rather swap it for something else I'd possibly love more.

First of all, many thanks to Lilith Lemourne for the generous sniffie of this. Unfortunately my skin had something different to say. I'm jumping into the barrel with Devilot on this one with the plasticky drydown; it smelled so deceptively promising in the vial, thick and rich and sweet and buttery, and managed to stay that way a few moments when wet. And then the horror began: plastic and burnt butter. Not burnt sugar like the crust of a creme brulee, just straight-up burnt butter microwaved in a plastic bowl. I kid you not, that is exactly what my chemistry turned this beautiful blend into, and it only kept veering more and more into that territory the further it dried down with any remaining sweetness fading more and more until it was nothing but plastic and burnt butter. It really threw me because I usually tend to do very well with the Lab's cream notes.

Edited by Invidiana

In the imp, this is mostly sweet cream and caramelized sugar, more caramelized sugar and a bit of cream and fading quick on me.

Not much of a morpher, its all sweet buttery caramels on me. It's gorgeous and layers wonderfully with Glowing Vulva bath oil!

I have been waiting YEARS to try this. Thanks to an awesome swap with *butterflybynight* I now have a BOTTLE. :joy: Here's hoping it's everything I hoped it would be! *fingers crossed*

In The Bottle: All buttery caramel, all the time. :yum: This reminds me very much of Hearth, one of the first BPALs I ever had. I wanted to love it, but the pesky pine note kept getting in the way of all the yummy sugar butter. So maybe my dreams shall be realized!

Wet On Skin: the butter is fading back a bit at this stage and the sugar is amping, which is typical with my skin- I always amp the sugar notes.

Dry Down: Brown Sugar, up down and sideways.

In All: Low throw, a close-to-the-skin scent. This is the same sugar note to be found in Sugar Skull and on me, smells nearly the same. I was hoping for more butter, like in Shill, or more cream, like Glowing Vulva or Love's Philosophy. I may in fact mix this with LP and Shill and see what happens :D

Overall a nice sugar scent, but a little less than I'd hoped for. Sigh...

In bottle: The caramelized sugar creates a rich, nutty illusion hen added to the cream. This is delicious and stronger than expected. Wet: The caramelized sugar and cream separate a little on the skin, losing most of the nuttiness and edging towards creme brulee territory as an aggregate. It’s more subtle on the skin, and while I think I prefer it in bottle, this is certainly interesting. Dry: Long lasting, goes a touch nutty on the dry down, but I’m happy with that.