Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Lucy's Kiss

Created to represent the essence of Bram Stoker's tragic heroine, Lucy Westenra. Seductive, wanton and deadly, but underscored with a soft, wistful innocense. The gentle scent of rose and a blend of Victorian spices.

imp: not being a fan of rose scents in general, i must say that the first sniff of this imp is an extremely pleasing rose.

wet: soap. as usual, my skin has turned rose into a sharp, guest-soap rose scent.

dry: this is the worst end of what my skin can to to rose, it's all soapy and sharp without any sweetness.

i understand lucy's kiss is supposed to be a gentle rose but not on me! WHOA, this is ALL rose. i can smell maybe the barest breath of spices underneath when i first put it on but the truth is that this is one big fat rose.

Wet: Spicy roses. I wish I could pin down the spices

On skin: For a few seconds, I can smell the spices, but then it becomes all rose, all the time, which is just fine by me :P

It's a very firm, proper rose.

Imp and wet: Oh, pretty!

Could there be clove in this?

But it dries and veers into, I don't know...bubble bath territory. Eh. Skin! :P

Initial Impression: roses, hint of spice

On Wet: rose

On Dry: rose

Final Impression: It's fine for a rose, but I wish the spice stuck around. I prefer Rakshasa for a spicy rose blend.

Rating (on a scale from 1-5): 3

in the imp: straight up rose.

wet on skin: more rose. really rosey rose.

dry down: still rose, and only rose.

in all: if you are a fan of rose, you will LOVE this one. me? i'm picky about my florals, so OFF to the trade pile with thee!

Rose to the 10th! Ten minutes later, rose to the 100th.

Straight-up rose that lasts and lasts. This smells like lotion from my great-aunt Grace.

Too floral for my tastes. I would think Lucy would have a bit more depth. Alas, skin chemistry can very greatly.

Lucy's Kiss is a rose blend and I have good luck with only a few varieties of rose. Alas, Lucy's rose is not one that works for me. It smells of sharp greenness and of soil, which is also not a favorite note of mine. I happen to be trying Tavern of Hell on the other wrist right now, and the two smelled a little alike at first. Then the Tavern of Hell began to smell more and more delightful, and Lucy's Kiss less and less so.

Both of them evoke Victoriana and tea parties on the lawn.

In the Imp: Roses -- lovely, soft, watery roses. Something smells a bit spicy too, but it's very faint.

On my skin: My skin keeps scents more or less the same, so it's still slightly spicy, watery roses. I'm able to smell the spice scent a bit more clearly now though.

After a few hours: This lasts about 4 hours on me, as do most perfumes, but it smells lovely the whole time! It's very airy - makes me feel like I'm floating. I'll most likely be getting a 5ml vial in the future.

Edited by Anarane

I do love roses...and this is a lovely one. It is not too aggressive, as roses go however. In the imp it is a traditional rose-y rose, with hints of the mentioned Victorian spices. Wet, that rose gives the impression of having come from a potpourie--dusty and intense, with a certain sharpness of decay that isn't present in fresh cut stems. It remined me of how the rose in Erato goes on my skin, though minus the backing boquet of flowers and the intensity (and I do love Erato, but have to be careful how much I use).

Through the course of the dry down, the rose changed subtly, losing that dried-flower feel. The note became fresher and more alive. A tender scent, something young and pure. Very pretty, though I'm not sure if it's the rose for me. Purity isn't really my thing...

In the bottle: Warm, slightly sweet, resiny rose.

Wet: Similar, but the spices are now apparent (though not individually distinct, and quite light). The rose is the powdery sort. And there is something a bit a citrusy-fresh. Still, that powder....ugh, not the rose that works on me.

Dry: Sweet, mildly citrusy-spicy, powdery rose.

Summary: I love the citrus note (geranium?) and the spices are gentle enough, but I don't do powdery rose.

I got this as a frimp, and when I first sniffed it, before reading the ingredients, all I could smell was ROSE! I can sometimes do rose in perfume, but usually not when it is the main note. I do like the smell in the imp, but I have a feeling this will not get along with my skin.

Ahh, on my skin I believe I can smell those "victorian spices" along with the rose. From far away this is a lovely soft rose scent, I just can't put my arm too close to my nose or the rose is overpowering. Hopefully this will soften on full drydown.

When fully dry this is a pleasant, innocent rose. It has an indescribable nostalgic feel to it. It surprisingly did not go funky on my skin, but honestly it's just not my favorite type of scent so I will be swapping this one. If anyone asked me for a good rose blend though, I would absolutely recommend Lucy's Kiss!

This is such... well, an odd rose scent on me. I do smell the rose, and it's pretty fragrant, but it's a spicy rose. I can definitely smell the 'Victorian Spices' which to me smell like something familiar, and yet not. Something a little... almost antiquated about them. It does seem to go slightly powdery on me.

I'm not a huge rose fan, but this is definitely one of the roses to try in mind. Because it is so very different. Lovers of antiques and roses should try this one for sure.

I tried this one, being nearly positive that I would toss it into the swaps pile. I usually do not like a heavy rose note. However...

In the Imp and Wet: Cloying and overpowering rose

Dry: a soft spice blankets the rose and tones it way down for me. I think I will not get a headache, after all. I believe I like this scent and will be looking for more of it soon.

lovely and floral. i have no idea what notes are in there (i think it's a light rose, but i'm not sure), but as far as florals go, this one is a HUGE winner on me. it's light and fresh. i like it a lot. *reads description* it's really strange because this does have rose in it, and i really like it. it's not overwhelmingly *ROSE* like some of the others with rose notes. strange that all the other reviews are saying it's super rose!

In bottle/imp: Refreshing, fresh rose with a nice fruitiness to it.

Immediately on skin: This is a very sweet, fresh rose scent with the smallest hint of spices. The rose is almost lemony and is slightly bitter and not as sweet now that it’s on my skin.

After a little while: This has dried down to a nice fresh rose scent, with maybe a hint of sandalwood in the background. If there are spices, they’re very light and hardly noticeable.

Overall Impressions: I get a very pretty rose from this, and it’s not as sharp as in other blends, but I don’t really get much spice. Maybe a hint of sandalwood on the dry down, but that’s it. It’s a very pretty rose scent, but that’s about it on my skin.

In the imp: sweet sweet sweet roses.

On me, wet: sweet roses and spice, exactly as described.

On me, dry: still very sweet roses and spice. The sweetness is burning my nose a little.

Throw and duration: very good throw (strong but not aggressive), and excellent duration (10+ hours).

Overall: If the description sounds good to you, then assuming your skin doesn't go all weird on you, you'll probably like this a lot. It's a bit sweet for my own taste, and I've got BPAL roses that I like more.

A sweet and sour rose, scent, but somewhat "purple" smelling. I'm not even thinking that makes sense, but that's what I'm smelling. This definitely smells like tarty "starting to turn" Lucy...a sweet flower turned into vamp perfume.

I need to dig out my Lucy Westenra and see how the two go together!

in the imp: a lovely soft rosey floral.

on my skin: goes on rose and stays rosy. unlike most of the labs roses, it stays tame and under control, but it also doesn't have enough ~zing~ to really appeal to me. it's soft & very real smelling, but a basic, bland, generic garden rose. i think it will be very good for those who like their roses not too strong, but it just doesn't work for me.

nice trick, body chemistry- i find a rose note you finally like and my nose doesn't. very funny- NOT. >:-(

off to swaps, where i hope it finds a nose that loves it.

Dry, dry rose with sullen Victorian spices. I have no idea what I qualify as a Victorian spice, but somehow it just smells like gothic romance. It starts alarmingly sharp and old ladyish, and slowly softens to become more deep and spiced.

If rose is your thing, you'll love it. Sadly I can never quite shake the "rose=grandma" mental block.

wet/in the imp: roses

dry: roses much much later, faded roses.

this really doesn't last very long on the wrists, maybe 2 hours tops. my locket started to take on a band-aidish scent which i think comes from the spices which never made their appearance.

Something in this smells like BO on me. I've never had this happen before and it was disturbing! The description sounds lovely, and it seems others have had good luck, so perhaps it's just a chemistry anamoly!

On me, this is a pretty rose. There doesn't seem to be much else going on with it. Just rose. Not particularly green or thorny -- it makes me think of a soft pink rose. Maybe after 30 minutes or so I can smell the faint hint of something else with it, but I'd never be able to guess what it was. Still pretty much rosy!

Wet: Rose, mingling with spices. I believe I detect something like pepper? Also some herbal kind of spice, like bay leaf.

Dry: More rose, less spice. Has a nice green, herbal undertone. Mostly just a gentle, "pink" rose smell.

I love roses, so this is looooovely. It reminds me of my pink rose bush in the front yard. :P