Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Wrath

A scent aflame with rage, swirling in the red haze of hatred: dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon.

In imp: Eep. This one made me recoil. It’s an angry reddish oil, very pungent. This is dragon’s blood from a very pissed off dragon, not a headshop.

Wet on skin: Sharp and the pepper is making me a bit sneezy. This isn’t the cozy Christmas kind of cinnamon; it’s the kind that climbs up your sinuses and yells. The clove is making everything smoldering and dark. There’s something almost fruity buried under there, like cherries (fitting, since they’re red and can be bitey).

Drydown: After the initial claws-in-the-face, it has burned down to a cinnamon note, still the aggressive kind and not what you’d want to eat on toast. I was expecting a foodie scent after most of the notes were things I can find in my spice cabinet, however this is anything but that. The clove and black pepper have slunk back in, burning alongside the dragon’s blood.

Overall: I like spicy things, but this was a bit much. I’m too used to soft cinnamons, I suppose, and the combination is somewhat off-putting. But it still interests me on the other hand! Maybe I’ll let it stay around for a little and see what a few months does.

to me this is similar to blood amber, which i like, but more pot-pourri-ish due to the clove, so overall i am not really keen on this onw.

on me, if clove is the dominant spice in a blend then i seem to miss the other spices. i didn't get the cinnamon at all. if i try really hard, i think i can spot the pepper - i think if the pepper could overpower the clove i would like this more.

This was a mistake. My skin chemistry hates, hates, hates Wrath even though it's worked well with other notes present here and I actually really like dragon's blood and cinnamon. On me, Wrath is slick, plastic, artificial, too sweet, medicinal. It's just not a good experience.

So of course it lasts forever. Sigh.

hmmmm...this isn't very wrathful. On me it's almost all sweet floral with virtually no spice. :P I love clove and cinnamon and I was hoping for a truley spicy, wrathful scent. Sadly, no.

It's pretty for what it is and I may or may not keep the imp, but I won't be buying a bottle.

Even though there is no floral note listed I am getting mostly jasmine with just a hint of cinnamon. Weird! I am not a fan of jasmine as it is a bit too heady of a floral for me. It's been about half an hour now. Maybe the jasmine-ishness of it will eventually fade??? I really want to love this. ~pout~

~EDIT~ After an hour it's still jasmine-ish though softer. I might wear it once in awhile since my sweetie loves it. But not a favorite of mine at all!

Edited by cherryontop

I expected to despise this. While my reaction wasn't the extreme opposite, it's not terrible.

In the imp: Spicy, definite dragon's blood presence, feels very "red"

Wet on skin: More cinnamon than I expected. It's a little plasticky though.The spices temper the dragon's blood, which I didn't think was possible because I amp the heck out of dragon's blood. It usually takes over and destroys all else. But here, it's not quite as strong.

Drydown: It's still spicy, but it's like atomic fireball spicy. It's the fragrance equivalent of a spicy dish that's too much heat and not enough flavor. It's not bad, it's just a lot of spice and maybe not as much depth as I would have liked.

Overall: Not terrible. I do like spicy scents, but this was perhaps nothing but spice. I'll probably try it again, maybe I'm just not in the mood for it today.

Wet, it's dragon's blood with a bottom note of cinnamon.

Dragon's blood frequently turns sickly sweet on my skin, but this dried down to a warm scent that wasn't sugary. It came out smelling richer and more mature than I had expected. The cinnamon and pepper are perfect to balance out the resiny top note, and the clove takes the edge off the spiciness. This one always gets compliments when I wear it.

Initial impression:

The colour of this is STUNNING. Scent-wise: cinnamon and pepper. Mm!

First on:

Hot, dry spices – it's scorching and fierce.

Dry:

After about 20 mins, it'sa dry and scorching scent of mainly clove, with a touch of the otheringredients.

Finally:

I really, really like it.Keeping. :P

Wow. Wrath is a dangerously smoldering scent. I smell some cinnamon but there is something in here that smells combustible. (and oddly also sort of reminds me of wax lips that I used to buy when I was a kid)

I have no idea what went wrong here. All of the notes in Wrath are typically go-to's for me. Except when I put this on, it smelled...well... rank! There was something absolutely WRONG about this blend on me and I have no idea what it was. It took on a scent that I usually get when I try to wear anything with the lab's civet bouquet. Oh this was just BAD on my skin. Boo. :P

In the Imp

There’s definitely dragon’s blood in this blend. This almost smells a bit like a cinnamon flavored mouthwash. It’s got a hint of alcohol in it.

On My Skin

This blend does a nice job of balancing the spicy elements with the dragon’s blood. The cinnamon isn’t too spicy, it’s smoldering close to the skin with the clove. So far this is quite pretty without being too of an ‘in your face’ scent.

After a Bit

The cinnamon and clove are now just barely notacible. This smells a lot like dragon’s eye to my nose.

Rating 1-5 (5 being best)

Scent - 3.5 Throw - 3 Longevity - 3

Overall (not an average) - 3.3

Final Thoughts

This is a pretty nice scent, I really like it, I just wish the spicy elements of it would stick around for a bit longer. This is something I think my SO would really like so I’ll have to test it again when I’m not home alone.

I expected this to be quite strong, but it isn't at all. The dragon's blood note turns into the 'shampoo' note I remember from Blood Pearl on me. Then it becomes very faint, changing into the cinnamon-clove fase. I like those spices very much, but in Wrath they disappear soon. Only a trace is left. Er, maybe because I'm not a wrathful person in general?

Wrath comes to a weird start on me. It smells ..'off', or stale or, well it's hard to define and I can't place it. I'm not sure where it's coming from, it might be the clove and pepper not appreciating my skin. But thankfully after about half an hour or an hour the stale weirdness goes away and I'm left with an alluring sweetness of dragon's blood caressed by cinnamon. As to the dragon's blood in it...I'm never sure how to describe it, not candylike, but a sweet cherry or raspberry-reminiscent thing maybe. Dunno really.

Imp: I get the dragon’s blood and the pepper and clove

Wet on Me: Less Dragon’s blood and more pepper now.

But not in a make you sneeze way

Drying Down: now a balance has been struck between the

clove and the dragon’s blood and it seems it was negotiated

by the black pepper with the blessing of saint cinnamon. But

with out the burn of cinnamon.

Dry: Clove, and Black Pepper are doing the lambada while

Cinnamon croons in the background on the dragon’s blood

dance floor. So this is how the truce goes? A dirty dance-off?

Wrath's spicy goodness disappeared within 20 minutes on my skin.But when I tried it on my clothes and in a scent in a scent locket-pure,intense cinnamon hearts.

eww. Stale cinnamon and darkness.

I won't apply this to my skin.

In the clocket, it's bad-warm and angry and makes me uneasy deep in my chest…

In the imp, this is very true to the description-dragon's blood with spicy clove and cinnamon. Rawr!

@_@ Oh yeah, you better like cinnamon and clove to like this-they totally overpower the dragon's blood-I'm not usually sensitive to cinnamon but this is a little tingly even on me O_O Really this is like 99% cinnamon. Only a teensy hit of dragon's blood poking through.

Yep, this was basically a straight cinnamony blend on me-a lot like er, Inferno I think it was. Nice if you like cinnamon which I do, but not very unique-I have other blends I like better :X

Sniffing the imp, it's dragon's blood and pepper.

Wet on my skin, dragon's blood, pepper, and clove mainly. Cinnamon is a minor note.

Goes very spicy the more it dries and once completely dry, it's almost all cinnamon and Dragon's Blood. Clove is faint and pepper note is completely gone.

In the imp: It's a pretty color. Almost artificial. Smell mostly cinnamon and clove. I hope my skin doesn't burn, but I don't think cinnamon burns me. I'm not sure of the note that does burn, so I'll give this a try.

Wet: Reminds me of Bengal. Both smell like Orbit cinnamon gum and plastic. Yummy!! I love cinnamon gum.

Dry: Feet! Ewww. :ack: I've never smelled this in an oil. I have to wash it off!!

Overall: Was not expecting that. It didn't burn, though, so it's not cinnamon that burns my skin. But, really, feet?!?! Where did that come from?!?! My skin is strange.

Wrath is from my very first BPAL order. I don't have a very acute sense of smell at all, so I can't identify individual notes. All I know is I really, really like this smell. It's hot and quite cinnamon, like those little candies. It's probably not a great smell for a sweltering summer, but I plan to keep wearing this anyways, because I'm a rebel like that. =]

Jury's out on whether I'll order a bigger bottle of it... We'll see what my second set of Imps has to offer.

I'm always with the foodie scents, but finally used this imp I had hanging about. Well, I am ordering it. It haunted me and I have to have it. For me, yes cinnamon is there, but it turns clean and just keeps calling you back. :wub2: