Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Al-Shairan

The enemy of God, also named Iblis, He Who Despaired of the Mercy of God. Al-Shairan is the leader of the Jinn, a tempter who whispers false suggestions to men enticing them into evil and perfidious acts, and is the sworn enemy of all of Adam’s children. His scent is fiery, bright and thick with sweet sinfulness: clove, peach and orange with cinnamon, patchouli and dark incense notes.

This smells like patchouli and cinnamon in the imp. A little too much patchouli for me honestly, and even though I love cinnamon, this is kind of that "red hots" cinnamon that I don't really want to smell like.

Hmm, ok, on my skin, I think the fruity notes-peach and orange-actually make this blend smell kind of weird. Those notes fade reallllly fast though, and then it's pretty much a straight cinnamon/patchouli blend to my nose. It's nice-kind of reminds me of Clemence, but not REMOTELY as good. And I'm still not a huge fan of the cinnamon in this type of blend-too much like cinnamon candy.

As it dries completely, the incense really takes over-too much in my opinion-kind of turns into pencil shavings.

I can see this blend being awesome and sexy on the right person...just not me. If I want my sexy cinnamon/patchouli mix, I've got my Clemence! :P Edited by Suu4LC

Wet it's cloves and cinnamon with a bit of citrus and something dark. Wet it's red hot cinnamon candies. When dry the clove comes back leaving the cinnamon in the background with a hint of citrus. But it gives me a headache.

Wet in imp:

spicy incense

Wet on skin:

clove is becoming more distinct

Drydown:

orange comes out and clove and cinnamon warm it up

Final impression:

Smells a bit like a gift shop around the holidays. It's not too bad, but I'm not fan of incense notes (or of smelling like a holiday gift shop). I think I'd like this better as a fall and winter room scent, especially since my skin turns it more incense-y the longer I wear it.

The clove, orange, and peach mix together with the cinnamon and make me feel like I'm wearing bubblegum perfume. Cinnamon is something I usually don't get along with, and when I do get along with cinnamon it's very rare that it lasts all the way till drydown. It's the sweetness of the orange and peach that ruin it 100% for me. Looks like this is a thumbs down.

in the imp: lots of spicy cinnamon, a little bit of something sweet but undefinable.

wet on skin: more of the same, though it seems like cassia is in the mix now too.

dry down: the cinnamon has settled, but the cassia has taken over in it's place. i get a tiny bit more of the peach now, but that's it.

in all: it's not a bad oil, but with so many fall-on-the-floor scents from the Lab, i don't want to settle for "not bad".

In the bottle, orange, orange, orange!!

Wet on the skin, I get the orange with a bit of cloves. This really seems to broadcast/amp orange for me. It's a nice orange, not chemically like orange-cleaners, but it's still broadcasting, and I'm not liking that.

After about an hour of screaming orange, I could smell the patchouli and the clove and then it faded to just patchouli. I don't really like patchouli by itself, so I'm afraid this one is a no.

In the imp, this was clove, patchouli, cinnamon and orange. It reminds me of one of those orange-clove pomander things. Thus... this smells like Christmas!

Wet, similar, although it sweetens and the yummy incense speaks up.

Dry: Wow. Warm, sexy, spicy incense with hints of sweet peach and spice. The patchouli is there, too, lovely and gentle on me (sometimes it can be very medicinal smelling with my skin). Very sensual and warm and... still kind of Christmasy. I think I'll wear this quite often in December. :) Good throw, too.

In The Bottle

Orange and incense. Quite a cold scent in the imp

On Application

Strong cinnamon and patchouli

Dry Down

The clove comes out a bit as this dries down. The initial blast of clove, cinnamon and patchouli is softened by the fruits eventually. This is a little too incensy for me plus it makes my skin itch.

Rating (0-5)

I love the taste of cinnamon, but I'm learning that cinnamon in perfume blends is trickier. It needs to be paired with just the right notes to work well on my skin. Unfortunately, cinnamon + peach and orange = potpourri on me. I love patchouli and incense and orange, and for a little while I thought I might end up liking this blend anyway, but after the potpourri-esque initial stages it just faded into something unremarkable. Not bad, per se, just... not very good. It's just not for me. It turns out that I don't like the smell of peaches on my skin at all, and the peach + cinnamon combination just felt unpleasant and craft-store like on my skin. As time passed and the fruit grew less distinct, the incense and patchouli were still present, but as grounding elements to this generic-fruity sweetness. It has pretty good lasting power, though, and would probably smell better on someone whose skin amps these notes differently.

This oil goes on the skin with an immediate rush of cloves and cinnamon. For the first few hours, it's all sweet cloves, and that's about it.

After a while, some fruit comes out--not a distinct type of fruit, more as a juiciness that rounds out and mellows the cloves and cinnamon. At this stage the scent is very, very pretty.

In its later stages, after a few more hours, most of the distinctive first notes have died down and this begins to smell heavily of incense and patchouli. I'm not as fond of this stage, though it's not bad, either. Just a little "dirty hippy" for my taste…

Recaplet: Cinnamon and cloves with fruit, then heavy hippy incense.

My rating: 3 of 5 (Nice enough.)

Color Impression: A deep orange-brown.

There was just a tiny bit of oil left in this gifted sniffie. I get mainly clove and patchouli incense. It didn't last too long though and I am not sure if this is because of my chemistry or because there was not enough to use. I do like what I got to sniff.

Light citrus with a hint of incense. The incense is finally coming to the surface a half hour or so after application. Subtle and nice. I'll probably give this one another go, but I tend to like my incense's more full-bodied.

Imp: Holycrap!CINNAMON

Wet: The cinnamon backs of a bit and the patchouli shows up for a breath or two, but then cinnamon gets fiesty and beats the patchouli down like there's no tomorrow. In conclusion, cinnamon.

Dry: The angry cinnamon monster still won't let go, though some of the other notes are timidly beginning to poke their heads through -- it smells kind of like generic potpourri at this point, which I'm guessing is the clove/cinnamon combo talking.

Overall, mehhh.

In the imp, this was clove, patchouli, cinnamon and orange. It reminds me of one of those orange-clove pomander things. Thus... this smells like Christmas!

Wet, similar, although it sweetens and the yummy incense speaks up.

Dry: Wow. Warm, sexy, spicy incense with hints of sweet peach and spice. The patchouli is there, too, lovely and gentle on me (sometimes it can be very medicinal smelling with my skin). Very sensual and warm and... still kind of Christmasy. I think I'll wear this quite often in December. :) Good throw, too.

This exactly, except for the peach, which I'm not getting much of. It's mostly just adding a slight sweetness to the blend.

I really like this and will be holding onto it for fall/winter. :)

The first time I got dry spice and cinnamon, like a christmas store, with a hint of "perfume". The second time I tried it I got more of an incense smell, with a bit of peach.

Imp: clove hits first, then an orangey-woody scent.

Wet: clove with a red hots vibe--super spicy cinnamon/clove, plus sweet orange and patchouli.

Drying: This patchouli is going towards the dirty hippy variety on me. In fact, this is the same dirty patch note from War, which actually made me a little sick to my stomach. The spice/orange is great, but the patch here is not my friend.

late dry, about 2-3 hrs in--smells much more peachy now--i didn't get any peach in the early phases, but now that's the predominant note (replaces the orange). These are deep swarthy peaches, not the pale glistening kind. Swarthy peach with a bit of cinnamon, the swarthiness from the patchouli. Its much more attractive now, the uber-dirty patchouli has tamed significantly.

Overall: I can see how this would be lovely and popular to some. Unfortunately, I just can't stand the first few hours of overwhelmingly dirty patchouli. Don't get me wrong, I like some patchoulis, but for the first few hours, this isn't one of em. The corrupted peach spice at the end is lovely, though. Lasts 6ish hours and has great throw.

Al-Shairan

Clovey-peachy-orange. Underneath, there's a medicinal scent? It makes me think of some sort of topical ointment--Icy Hot or something--which is, of course, all I can think of now. :(

Clove-patchouli-peach smelled great. Warm, spicy-fruity but not foody. I thought I was smelling cinnamon at first but it was cloves. For about three minutes it was really nice. :( My chemistry kills the peach note, really messes it up and turns it into something sour and rotten. Sigh. It has happened again and I did not want too keep it as a locket-only scent.

Unfortunately, this lasts a VERY short time on me. Otherwise, I would love it. I get my cinnamon fix without the burning redness of All Night Long (was SO sad when my skin reacted badly to that one), and a warm, deep woody scent sweetened with the fruit. It's earthy, and at first just a tad "Christmasy."

The peach and orange are dominating this blend for me, with a little bit of a spice kick and the patchouli grounding it. It's going a little sticky and sickly sweet on my skin, which is not really enjoyable. I'm not one for scents with fruit because they tend to do this. Overall, I think this would be wonderfully dark and juicy on the right skin chemistry - just not mine.

Okay, I think I need to try this one again. All I'm getting from this is sharp perfume. I'm not getting any of the listed notes! This on my skin, is sharp non-descript perfume. Icky. :cry2:

oranges with cloves covered with redhots.

theres a syrupy sweetness to this that jumps in and out.

Its nice, but my imp will be enough.

In the vial: Thick cinnamon and orange (the color of this oil is a bright orange). Despite the wonderful note listing, this one might be a bit much.

Wet: BAM! Clove, cinnamon...the peach and orange add sweetness, but not much.

Dry: Allllll cinnamon and clove on me. That's about it. Clove usually overpowers for me and, paired with cinnamon...yup. Very strong.

Verdict: This isn't bad, just not my favorite. I wouldn't wear this as a perfume. Al-Shairan would make a great room scent though. I will happily keep my vial and sprinkle a few drops onto my oil burner :)

~~~al-shairan~~~

this stuff smells like the topical numbing agent that the dentist uses before he gives you novocaine.

In the imp: Heavy cloves and lots of cinnamon, I wasn't able to pick up any of the other notes.

On me: Lots of cloves and patchouli. There is a slight hint of cinnamon, which is surprising to me. I usually absorb all the cinnamon in anything instantly. It fades rather quickly though, and I'm left with a lightly spiced patchouli. I like patchouli-the labs uses such a nice variety of it, but I can get the patchouli thats blended with other notes that works better for me.

I'll keep and use up my imp, but won't be buying a bottle of this.