Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
queenb

Eden

... This oil contains the innocence of the Garden, coupled with the Truth and Erudition found in the fruit of the Tree of Evil: fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.

Thank you angelfish323! :wave:

Imp: This smells divine in the Imp, all sweet milk, toasted almonds, fig and fuzzy, fruity coconut. There's a hint of sandalwood in the background, warm and inviting. I seriously just want to dump it all over myself, it's like being snuggled in a fuzzy blanket. There's a touch of something green here too, probably the fig leaf. It keeps it from being foody.

Wet: Buuuhhh... soft, creamy almond and coconut and the milk and honey notes I simply adore from White Rabbit. In fact, this smells very similar to WR on me, only instead of clean and sharp it's toasted and warm and just beautiful. A touch of sandalwood and that wonderful almost floral fig. Oh, I love this. I have a recipe for honeyed figs and hazelnut ice-cream that I've never made, but this smells just like the picture of it! After a minute, the sandalwood and coconut come out more, giving just a touch of sun-tan lotion, but oh, I don't mind. Good throw, too.

Dry: This is a creamy-sweet blend of fruit and milk and a little sandalwood, fuzzy and gorgeous. It's so much like White Rabbit on me that I'm going to have to do a side-by-side to figure out which one I want in a 5ml.... hell, I might just get 'em both. This is just beautiful. :wub: Edited by WidgetAlley

Oh! OH! YES!!!!!!!!!! Fruity figs, but not STRONG....with a creamy, milky toasted coconut note. Just a slight touch of luscious sandalwood...doesn't overpower at all. Very pretty blend.

I was excited to try this scent because it sounded similar to my beloved Intrigue (black palm [reads as coconut to me], cocoa, fig, and woods). Eden has some similarities, but even the shared notes express themselves differently.

It smells bad (kind of funky, really strong) in the vial, but on the skin, at least at first, it gets better. It's figgier, creamier, and sweeter than Intrigue. Lovely almonds, sweetened with a bit of soft honey (a softer and more delicately applied version of the honey I get in White Rabbit) are most prominent near the beginning, but after a while it's just a general honey-sweetened, milky/creamy coconut. The impression of color I get from that is a creamy beige rather than a clean white sort of cream, and it's drizzled all over a bunch of sweet figs, served on a bed of fig leaves. The fig leaf not is subtle but it is a distinctive sort of green note, and I catch little whiffs of it now and then. But... I do not get much woodsiness out of this... the sandalwood acts as a grounding note rather than as a central element. Unfortunately this goes kind of gross, cloying, and sour BO-ish after a while. :(

Edited by tajana

This just goes to show how different one bottle of the same scent can be from another. I tried Eden at Whole Foods and it was green, green, green. All I could think was fresh trees and forest after a rain. I thought, "I love this, let me get an imp for myself." I got my imp today and it was pure almond-coconut-sandalwood on me. None of the fig or green showed up except a leeettle tiny hint in the background. I'll see if it switches over as it ages, and I really hope it does, because I don't care much for almond in my perfumes.

In the bottle - Wow, the leaf makes this green, with just a touch of sandalwood.

Wet - Oh! What's the creamy?

Drying - Okay, the almond milk isn't actually all that almond on me and the coconut is light, which is nice. But the leaf is just overpowering this on my skin. It's almost like I'm wearing two different scents, a really nice creamy one and then something that is just GREEN. I'm not getting any fig yet, though, which makes me sad. :(

Dry (2 hours) - The green has faded into a lovely creamy, figgy yumminess. This is pure loveliness! There's only a touch of the sandalwood, but the throw on this is subtle and glowing and I just love it.

Overall - This is a wonderful blend for me and I do think it's going on my bottle list as soon as I can afford another order.

Mmm. Wanna smell like cookies, milk and incense? Try Eden. Light throw and long-lasting. A keeper.

I have been dying to try this blend forever! In the imp this is sweet fruits and almond! Yum! Almost fruity candyish...like a Starburst? I don't know where I am getting that from, but that's what it is like to my nose in the imp.

Yep, on my skin this is super sugary sweet almond, honey, and fruit. Unfortunately, something in there goes a bit plasticky on me-almost like fake strawberry. I have NO idea which note is causing that effect, it is so odd.

Yeah, for some reason this blend went kind of weird/chemically on me-by the time the weirdness faded, most of the rest of the blend had faded as well, leaving me with just a soft sweet powdery scent. I can see this being gorgeous honeyed almond/figgy fruity bliss on some people, but it just didn't agree with my skin for some reason!

In the bottle it's a rich, sweet coconut.

Wet on me it's creamy honey almond, with lots of coconut. As it dries down, the almond fades into the background quite a bit, but the sandalwood really comes out. This ends up being a toasted coconut (like macaroons!) and sandalwood mix on me. Soft and delicious. Very long lasting as well, going on my 8th hour and it's still fairly strong.

Edited by ShadowsDance

Sniffing the imp, it's mostly almond milk and honey.

Wet on my skin, it's much the same as it was sniffing from the imp. I think it's the "milk" note that is making me vaguely nauseous.

Dry, I can pick up the fig, sandalwood, and coconut notes, but that almond milk note just kills the blend for me.

IN THE IMP: Very creamy and sweet, almost buttery, from the toasted coconut and maybe the milk. And also sweet almond.

WET: Sweet coconut, softer and less rich than before.

DRY: Warm, soft, and sweet. Coconut, honeyed almond, and a hint of fig. Really comforting and soothing.

I'd been dying to try this one since I read the reviews. I love coconut and I'd love to find a true coconut scent. This isn't it for me personally.

It's a definate coconut-milk scent with a slight fruitness. I can picture a bowl of figs with honey drizzled over them and sprinkled with coconut.

I don't hate it but it's just this side of nauseating for me as some milk scents can get. I think of babies and I don't like babies.

:ack:

I think it's lovely but I think it isn't me. I don't think the imp will even find a place in my keeper box.

GAH! This is sweet and very foody on me. Wet, the almond and coconut notes are most predominant. They calm down after a bit and the fig comes out. Much later into the drydown the sandalwood makes an appearance and takes a bit of the edge off the foody vibe, but it's still just too much for me.

Land of Milk and Honey, indeed! I bought this on a whim and I'm so glad I did!!!

In the imp: Pure almond extract! Maybe a touch of coconut, but this one scared me for a second.

Wet: Oh loooooooooooove... I'm stilly getting that strong almond extract, but I can smell the honey toning it down and the coconut's a very soft note but still apparent. Very creamy and beautiful! I'm getting a slight frutiness that I assum is the fig?

Dry: Just a softer form of the above, maybe a little stronger on the honey. Good, raw, wild honey. I'm reminded intensely of the Almond milk bubble tea that I'd get at this cute little two-person shop... My mouth is watering!!!

When it dries the throw is very weak and it doesn't last *too* long, but this is one of my new favorites!!!

This was frimped to me, and has an older style label, kind of neat! This is a very foody blend to me, lots of what must be the fig, as there is something with a heavy fruit scent that I've never smelled before. Along with this, I get rancid walnut. :ack: I think the sandalwood and coconut is not a good combination for me. The whole blend smells like something from a health food store gone bad. Off to swaps.

I had to order an imp of this because this sounded absolutely irresistible, and when I first took a sniff it was a rich and creamy scent of honey almond milk. For me it retained that scent throughout, but mellowed out allowing the other notes to peek through. I only really smelled the fig leaf, the greenness, when it was on wet. I think this lasted about two hours on me before it faded enough that I would need to reapply, which is about average for me as I have drier skin.

This is a scent to consider if you like the continuous whiff of the almond milk. It's an overall warm, not overly sweet scent without smelling too foody. A personal fave.

In the imp: Fig and almond milk.

Wet: This smells JUST like "Indian Summer" by Ava Luxe (which I love)! I'm not sure if the note listing is the same but they smell very similar! This is yummy fig with mild spices and a sweet almond milk note.

Dry: When this dries, the almond milk note morphs to a coconut milk note instead. The fig is still dominant and I'm sniffing just the faintest base of sandalwood (It's there but you've kind of need to look for it).

Overall: Freakin' DREAMY! Oh yeaaahhh! :wub2: :lol: Yummy and delicious all around (without smelling too sweet). This one is slather worthy.

I love almond. I love Honey. I love Fruity. I'd never really smelled fig before, so that was my wonderment.

It really is a delicious scent. Almost foody at times, but overall a honeyed golden zesty deliciousness. Makes me want to lick my arm. It fits the name, makes me feel plump, lush, and like I sit around just eating fruit and naming animals all day. It didn't morph a whole lot on me. I think the honey note amped (as much as honey does...) so it kept it balanced. But the mix is just divine. If I finish off this imp, I'll be buying a bottle.

I didn't really get "green" from this like others mentioned briefly. There is a touch of something natural, like sitting outside. But it's faint, and really has to be searched for. The forefront for me is most certainly honey, with the creaminess of coconut and fruity fig. Has long endurance, and the throw is medium. Which is perfect.

Uh oh, almond. Even so, I am committed to pressing on; the Fickle Finger of Squee picked it out of the imp box, and the Finger Must Be Obeyed.

In the imp: Honey and suntan oil! OK, I can get behind that. I'm all about the honey.

Wet: Huh, coconut and--ALMOND! GAH! DO NOT WANT! WASH WASH WASH!

*ahem*

Sir says BLEH! and so does the BPAL-Sniffin' Dog. So yeah, no drydown phase noted. Off to the freebie box.

So yummy in the bottle - even though it's way sweet, it smells natural and pure.

On, another story - first on, wet, it's all nuts with an undercurrent of very sweet aquatics - it gave me an instant headache.

Mid drydown - soft and powdery, with rotting fruit underneath.

Far drydown - body odor. Fortunately, it's quite faint now.

A definite no way.

This one has definitely grown on me. At first I was disappointed because although it's very sweet and foody when wet, the sandalwood pushes to the front on the drydown-- still warm and sweet, but no longer quite so edible.

After wearing it a few times, though, I've come to appreciate it. It's a very comforting blend, without being too rich for warm weather.

In the vial: The oil is a pale, yellow, almost clear. I can smell the coconut, and sandalwood, and a kind of creaminess that’s probably the almost milk. It’s odd that I like it, because I typically have a furious aversion to almond scents of all kinds.

On me (dry): (Applied to back of hands.) I can still smell the sandalwood, the almond milk. There’s a vague herbal note that’s probably the fig leaf. It’s a lovely scent, though warmer and more gentle that I typically wear.

After a while: The coconut has faded some, replaced by a sweet fruitiness that’s probably the fig. The green, herbal note is gone, leaving a gentle, creamy scent.

Verdict: Eden is a beautiful scent. The dry down is warm and mellow, with overtones of almond milk and sandalwood. It’s a more feminine scent than I typically wear, but it’d be something nice to wear in the mornings.

On first whiff I was not too enthusiastic about this one because the coconut, honey, and almond were almost overwhelming and made this too sweet for me. However I am very glad I gave it a try.

Right after putting it on I got this brief and wonderful whiff of the green fig leaves but that quickly faded. Still smelling the coconut and almond way too much and it was still very sweet.

Now that it has dried however, the scent has achieved this wonderful, not-too-sweet balance of fig, coconut, almond, and just the barest hint of sandalwood. Overall, very nice but I don't know if I'll be ordering a bottle.

OH MY GOD. i don't know how i'm ever going to justify buying more big bottles but ONE DAY I HAVE TO GET ONE OF THIS. this was frimped by the lab and wowwwww.

the second i put it on, it was delicious sweetened coconut milk and almond and warm. it doesn't smell fake or anything! i applied it less on one wrist, and as it dries down on that one, a bit of greenness peeks out, which keeps it from smelling like i just walked out of a bakery. :) the heavier application wrist is having a wonky morph phase at the moment but is getting to the green bit. ...which it just did! yay!!

i've never had such an immediate YES! reaction to a scent before. even my two absolute favourite scents, Hay Moon and St John's Eve i had a sort of 'oh god squirmy face this could go REALLY WRONG OH GOD WASH IT OFF oh no nevermind BEST SCENT EVER!' initial shock when i tried them on. this is just great from the beginning!

a bit unfortunate that it doesn't remind me of Eden at all but hardly consequential at this point. ;)

i bought this on a whim, and i'm so glad that i did! on me it's a lovely creamy green scent. i can see myself wearing this one a lot!