Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Paris

Sensual, decadent, and enigmatic. Lavender, softly underscored by lotus and spice.

Wet wet wet. Like a wet martini. An odd but intriguing blend. I like this one because it makes a statement but not in an overpowering way. After a bit something orange comes forward. Very nice~

At the beginning, it's strong lavendar. It quickly fades though and the spices come out. I'm left with spice...I want to say cinnamon? Comes off a bit single note on me.

In the bottle: Lotus and lavender, as advertised.

Wet: Very aquatic lotus. Ick. It's freshened by lavender, though.

Drydown: A rather acidic lotus and lavender. It's a very very weird mix, with this buttery bubblegum fruit of lotus and the more refined lavender. I think I can smell cloves and cinammon in the background. It's sharp and rather perfumy, but mostly I have trouble smelling it right because of the aquatics. There's a vaguely herby green note to this, too.

Overall: Not even lovely lavender could make me like lotus. I just find it to be a sickening, buttery sweet aquatic with hints of spice and lavender around it. I suppose if you don't have an aversion to lotus it would smell a bit mysterious and sensual, but I will certainly be passing this on to someone who will like it better.

This smells sweet, but not in-your-face-juicy-fruit-sweet like Forbidden Fruit. Lotus, spice & lavender? Not to me. It fades fast though so I'll have to try it again before I can decide if I like it or not.

It was very strong when it came out of the imp, so much so that I literally held it away from me for a moment. Very sharp and almost medicinal in scent on me when first applied.

After sitting with it for a bit, it's faded into more of a a scent I associate with a glade plug-in or air freshener. Ah well, can't win them all.

I got this as a frimp in a swap.

In the imp: Sweet, thin lavender

Wet: Lavender, quite sweet.

Drydown: Lavender, with something else behind it. It's almost citrus to my nose, maybe sweet orange? Has quite a lot of throw which is even more citrusy than on my skin. Where the heck is that coming from!? Maybe it's the lotus? I've only tried lotus in Muse and it already has citrus in it so I have no idea if this my skin chemistry being weird. I've tested Paris a few times and it's always the same so it doesn't seem to be a hormonal thing. Absolutely no spice at all.

Dry: The lavender has faded a lot, but it's still there along with that sweet orange/citrus note. In fact it's almost orange bubblegum now :P And still no spice.

I don't like lavender. However for lavender this is pretty non offensive and not as astringent as many are. However... it's still lavender. Not to mention that weird orange bubblegum thing. Going to go to someone who might appreciate it far more.

Paris-

In Bottle: Hmm! I smell clove, and what must be the lightness of the lavender.

Wet: A hint of something citrus--no, wait, I think that's just the lavender. And spices, yes.

Dry: Hm, this just doesn't work for me. It's an uninteresting muddle of nondescript after just a few minutes.

Overall: Uninteresting. Not for me.

On me -- lavender bubble gum.

It's too bad, because Paris is my favourite city in the world, so I'd like to like this scent, but it just comes out weird and not terribly nice.

I love the lavender and the spice in Paris. The combo reminds me of the way lavender comes across in Sophia, one of my all time faves. But the lotus here is just too strong on my skin, and pushes the overall scent into a waxy, sweet place that doesn't change, even a few hours into the drydown.

I have so many lavender blends from the Lab that I already adore, so I'll pass Paris on to someone who enjoys le lotus.

Fruity lavender, which is an interesting combination. I don't think the fruit is coming from the lotus, but I'm really not sure. Hint of spice underneath, almost a leather. I can't decide if I like this one or not. It almost has a bubble-gum quality to it.

at first this started off smelling like b.o. and shampoo...not sure what notes were doing that! now that it's faded a bit it's a sweet berry-floral with a soft almost powdery undertone. it smells kind of good, but i'm not sure it's my type of scent. i don't get lavender from this at all either.

Edited by theseagrows

In the bottle: lavender and lotus.

On my skin: mostly lavender, but the lotus makes it feel somehow bubble-gumesque. And I can smell the spices as well if I try really hard.

After a couple of hours: spices are stronger (I'd say cinammon), but there's still lotus and lavender.

Verdict: I don't know. I don't think I really like the lotus/lavender mix... it has something sickening (that's lotus, I'd say). I guess I'll swap it.

I got Paris as a frimp in my last order. When I sniffed the imp, all I could smell was lavender and I've never liked lavender at all. I hesitated for a few days before trying this one, but the scent changed totally after it touched my skin. There must be some cinnamon in Paris (I love cinnamon so much) and it's a bit juicy too. I actually like this one. It's not my favourite, but the first lavender scent I like. I don't think I'll get a bottle of this, 'cause Paris isn't my syle, but I will keep the imp.

My first sniff, all I get is lavender. On me the lavender and lotus work well together, doesn't really have much spice at all. After a little while the spice slowly works it was up and combines well with the lavender and lotus. Not bad, definately be trying again as I love lavender.

Hello, lavender! Although this blend has a hint of something peppery in the background, for the most part it's all sweet and/or astringent lavender. It's soft, and elegant, and it makes me sleepy. If you like lavender, you should definitely try this blend. As for me, I'll be sending this imp off to swaps.

On me, this is straight-up sweet lotus and lavender. The spice is maybe wafting around in the background, but it's mainly those two notes. They go together quite well, without being soporific. I totally failed to notice that this had lotus in it when skimming through the catalogue; yay whoever swapped me this as a frimp/mystery imp!

imp: sweet, stinky orange powder & the tang of lavender

wet: the powder feel is gone; this is sharp

dry: fades to almost nothing in about 15 minutes; I'm left with a waxy, slightly spiced gum scent.

I can't make out the spices, and my nose wants to read the lotus as citrus (though lotus is far too sweet for me, I've found - the sharp sweetness of this blend should have tipped me off immediately!)

Fruity and refined at the same time. Definitely lavender and lotus. The colors I’m seeing are purple and green. It is very regal-feeling. I like it, but I’m not a huge lotus fan so it’s not extraordinary enough for me to keep, and it gets a little too “dry” for me. However, in terms of interpreting the concept I think it’s dead-on.

I picked up an imp of Paris just for the fun of it. I thought it would be funny if was all celebutante-ish. It wasn't, but I wasn't disappointed. I wore it today because it's Valentine's Day and I wanted to smell romantic.

In the bottle, it's floral spice. It's hard to name one thing that stands out. Paris is really a melding of three equal notes which turn into something completely different.

On me I never smelled the lavender. It was lotus, lotus, spice, lotus. Talk about sensual and smooth. One would think since Paris is strongly lotus that it would be Asian-influenced. Or give that oriental vibe. It doesn't!

I started to smell lily swirling around after two hours or so. It was a very nice companion to the lotus. Overall, the spicy lotus-lily makes Paris a light and almost girly, frilly perfume.

In the imp, this one is pure lavender.

On my skin, the initial scent is pure lavender, which changes very quickly into a sweet candyish smell (lotus, I guess?). Beneath the sweet note was a very nice hide-and-seek nutmeg. I wouldn't have thought the lotus and nutmeg would play well together, but it ended up being quite nice. The lavender was completely AWOL.

Later on, the nutmeg disappeared, but the lavender came back as a background note to the sweet bubblegum/candy smell.

I must admit that the total morph from lavender to candy and spice really threw me for a loop. I thought that my unscented lotion had somehow interacted with Paris to make the scent change like that. Turns out that's just how Paris reacts to my body chemistry, though I had to reapply before I figured it out.

Verdict: I was expecting lavender, but I got candy. Good thing I like candy. I'll keep the imp, though I probably won't go for a full bottle.

In bottle: Fresh cut granny smith apples…

Wet: still get the apples but an unfamiliar floral too and some light sprinkles of spice. Nicely crisp.

Dry: losing some of the sharpness but not all, fading all around. I’m still not smelling anything that smells like any lavender I know.

Later: faint but lasting and staying true to form. Isn’t getting powdery :-)

Summary: nice but a bit to rapid in the fading and not really a “me” sort of scent. I do like the clarity of it, though, and it would make a very nice work scent. Will keep the imp but probably won’t order a big bottle.

first sniff: This is sweet lavender, not powdery like some lavender can be. It's also faintly spicy.

wet: Spicy with a sweet note that's watery underneath - ah, that's the lotus, which I had never smelled before now. The lotus is what seems to be holding the lavender and spice together. It makes the lavender sweeter, and the spices, um, spicier.

dry: sweet and spicy lavender, but for me, the lotus keeps it from being foody in any way.

I love this scent. I could wear it every day. Big bottle. :P

Hey, I kinda like this! Weird. I read those notes and thought it would be hugely terrible on me, but it's not.

The lavender is sweet and soft. The lotus is in there doing its sweet bubblegummy lotus thing, but it smells pretty good with the lavender. It ends up being mostly just lavender, but it's still sweet. Not so bad after all!