Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarada

The scent of tea - BPAL's tea note, BPAL blends like your favorite tea

Maybe I missed it, but Bewitched should be added to this list :)

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

Thought I'd add Tarasque to the growing tea list. It has a nice, smooth, spicy tea note, a lot of reviewers describe it as licorice tea.

The Teapot, from this year's Lupers, is a beautifully fresh tea scent with a floral hint.

Speaking of this year's Lupers - Rendezvous at the Bath for fresh, clean, green tea!

Serving Tea After Coitus is a gorgeous green tea with a healthy helping of honey.

The quintessential Tea blend for me is BRAII - its a proto, so it may be hard to find - but it is pure, true, sweet black tea. As it dries down, hints of cherry start blossoming - maybe its the aging, but the cherry splash has faded into the background and the tea note is bright and true and refreshing ... If you like tea scents and you can find a bottle of this, I think you will be quite happy with its development.

Are there any Persimmon + Tea combinations? Aizen Myoo is one of my favorites already, but persimmon tea is definitely one of my favorites teas! Smell wise especially.

Persimmon Tea or Pomegranate Tea?

Tart fruits in general with a tea note.

Edited by PersimmonSeeds

Irrelevant and Disturbing Surreal Crawdad Dream was essentially currant and blueberry tea on me - red currant, green tea, red musk, Hawaiian ginger, benzoin, vanilla, coriander, squash blossom, and blueberry.

Are there any Persimmon + Tea combinations? Aizen Myoo is one of my favorites already, but persimmon tea is definitely one of my favorites teas! Smell wise especially.

Persimmon Tea or Pomegranate Tea?

Tart fruits in general with a tea note.

Lady Una with blackberry leaf, but is a sweet blend due to the addition of honey

Firethorn Berry Tea, very tart Black tea with mystery fruit (or perhaps Beth really distilled Firethorn berries, they smell similar to tart red fruits to me)

Yurei, white tea with hibiscus

The East, Tea Leaf and red currant

Apothecary, Tea and fig

FBT is probably closest to what you're looking for

Searches for Pomegranate didn't find any Tea notes

Search for persimmon turned up no results!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

I've had a few of these on my wishlist for a while but now I absolutely have to try them!

I'll hunt down decants on here for Yurei, Crawdad dream, and FBT later. For now Lady Una (HONEY MUSK!), and The East have sprung into my cart lol

I actually had an imp of Baobhan Sith without realizing it and I'm going to have to test this! I love apple blossom and it's the strongest note in this for me! I'm hoping the grapefruit will come out once I skin test it!

Also had an imp of the Apothecary and I'm not sure what it was but it just smelled like a ginger salad to me. Greens, chopped ginger, herbs and fig. No tea came through for me, sadly.

The persimmon note in Aizen myoo is labeled as Kaki, the Japanese variety. It is absolutely glorious!

I have a bottle of Miss Spink and Miss Forcible's Tea Leaves and while not a straight black tea single note (it smells familiar, like a tea I have had but I can't place it), this could be an amazing layering perfume.

I may layer it with the pomegranate heavy perfumes I have to see if I can get what I'm looking for!

ETA: Dead Leaves, Honeyed Patchouli, Black Tea, Sweet Oudh, and Sandalwood Hair Gloss smells like I've poured a glass of sweet tea over my head and it's glorious

Edited by PersimmonSeeds

A Dusty Moth is my new favourite tea scent. Tea, musk and ambergris, I never would have thought to combine them, but it's AMAZING.

ETA: I suppose I could add my other fave tea scents (there are only a couple)

Iulia

Theodosius

Tattered Lace

Blossoming Vulva

Mrs. Dunbar

and now A Dusty Moth, being the absolute winner!

Edited by LizziesLuck

Has anyone sniffed both Tyrannophobia and Firethorn Berry Tea? I love the smell of black tea and berries, so really torn between which of those two I should get. Would love impressions / comparison from someone knowledgeable :wub:

Has anyone sniffed both Tyrannophobia and Firethorn Berry Tea? I love the smell of black tea and berries, so really torn between which of those two I should get. Would love impressions / comparison from someone knowledgeable :wub:

+ 1

What about Desert Places? Is it a white tea-centric blend?

+ 1

What about Desert Places? Is it a white tea-centric blend?

I haven't tried Tyrannophobia or Firethorn Berry Tea. But I can vouch that on me, Desert Places was very white tea heavy. It was a lot more clean and "fresh" smelling than I was expecting! But very nice--I just prefer The Dormouse for that kind of scent.

I just tried my decant yesterday and BPTP's Yule scent Tea and Music is a wonderful scent for sweet tea and wood!

I haven't tried Firethorn Berry Tea, but Tyrannophobia smells EXACTLY like raspberry tea. If you like to drink raspberry tea, I would definitely recommend it.

I love the smell of BPAL Tea, and haven't done a round up of my favorites yet, so, here goes:

GC:

White Rabbit (I love this so much I tracked down a 10 ml)

Dorian

Geneviere (technically an LE, but available when the Carnival is live)

Theodosius (Earl Grey)

Alice

Maiden

Bewitched (Tea and Blackberries)

Cordelia (Overlooked probably due to the floral elements but is a beautiful green tea scent)

The Dormouse

Firethorn Berry Tea

Green Tea Viper!

Half-Elf

Kumiho

Lady Una (Green Tea plus Honey!)

Nostrum Remedium

The Apothecary

The East (jasmine tea made by fairies)

Tweedledee & Tweedledum

LE:

A Holy Man Advises Evoking Mary...(White tea and White leather)

A Little More Tea

A Peculiar Spirit (Tea and Tobacco, with a licorice vibe)

Bewildered in a Dream (dreamy Tea and Lavender perfection)

Desert Places (available until the Yules come down, white tea and resins)

Diversions in the Chashitsu

Eldritch Drunken Constellations (another reason to love this, but the ambergris eclipses the Tea in my opinion)

Embalming Fluid Bon-Bon

Eusapia

First Cry of the Warbler on the Plum

Full Moon

Geisha in a Green Kimono (gunpowder green)

Mars Loucetius (Tea chypre)

Men Ringing Bell with Penises (bonus points for artwork, very fresh green tea blend)

Phallus Parade (Smoky Black Tea glory)

Pumpkin I ( Pumpkin plus gingery Black tea)

Serving Tea after Coitus

The Teapot

The Trappings of the Tea House (vanilla Tea scent of my desire)

Venus Genetrix (jasmine tea masterpiece)

Maiden v2

Half-Elfv5

Tea blends that seem to be other people's favorites but I don't care for on my skin, due to problematic note inclusions:

Embalming Fluid (the chocolate made it wearable in the LE?)

Evil

Phantasm

Plunder

Rendezvous at the Bath

Shanghai

Tea blends that I need to try:

Bread-and-Butter-Fly

Eros

Famine

Funerailles

Furo

Gingerbread, Matcha Tea, and Raw Mint

Gossips of Ghost Land

Iambe?

Insula Ventorum

Iulia

Koito and Sashichi

Lovers in the Tea House

Shadwell

Harlot's House

Treasure Ship Coming In

Tweedledum Bon-Bon

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat

Tyrranophobia

Yurei

Omitted blends that have Tea, but it is overwhelmed by the other notes

Edited by sprout

Thanks for that list sprout! I will have to try a few of those!

I am loving A Little More Tea. Tea and cookies!

Not a tea strictly speaking (from the tea plant), but on me this year's Season of Ghosts really smells like an herbal tea blend with lemongrass, ginger, and citrus. I REALLY want to drink a hot cup of it!

Thanks for that list sprout! I will have to try a few of those!

I am loving A Little More Tea. Tea and cookies!

Not a tea strictly speaking (from the tea plant), but on me this year's Season of Ghosts really smells like an herbal tea blend with lemongrass, ginger, and citrus. I REALLY want to drink a hot cup of it!

Please feel free to add to my list and tweak it. I need to retry Season of Ghosts. Ginger is always a plus but lemongrass and I don't usually mix. I love real Lemon, lemon verbena, and almost all citrus though. Edited by sprout

I was going to say White Rabbit, too! Also, The Soldier is very tea and cream (but also leather) in the bottle -- my skin turns it to root beer LOL. Theodosius is earl gray and vanilla but not cream. Severin has earl grey, too, but is not sweet at all. Also, if people have Dorian CTs, I've had a couple I love love love.

all the reviews on Theodosius say it's a very "male" scent. Do you find that to be the case? I'm on the hunt for a truly Early Grey! With a touch of vanilla would be superb, like a London Fog latte

I've found a big difference in the older and newer blends with black tea in - the latter seem to have a strong anise/licorice smell. Has anyone else noticed this, and if so has anyone identified when it changed, so I can avoid the ones with that smell?

Greetings, I remember looking at this page approx a decade ago and I finally made an account now.

Out of curiosity has there been any new tea scents since the last post in 2017? Thanks. 

I know a fair few duets & menage had tea (the shungas usually have teas). The ones I know off hand (because I have them or a friend does):

Tonka Bean, Black Tea and Vetiver

Darjeeling Tea, Cocoa Dust, and Incense

Himalayan White Tea, Lemon Peel, and Grass

Leather, Black Tea, and Clove

Green Tea and Lemon Peel

Red Mango & Green Tea

A World of One Color (2019)
Dusk in Autumn (2019)
Fuzzy Peach Sweater and A Mug of London Fog

Pegasus Junk
Morning at Fuschlsee

I Will be Strange, Stout, in Yellow Stockings (Still Available)
Pure Applesauce (Still Available)
Late Night Moon 2021 (Still Available)
Who Would Not Tremble Too? 2021 (Still Available)
October 32 (Still Available)
Lilîtu (the black tea was noticible on a friend, but otherwise, it may not be that tea like) (Still Available)
The Wellerman (Still Available)
Gingerbread, Vetiver, and Black Tea (Still Available)
White Grapefruit and Black Tea (Still Available)
Drider Crossing Guard (Still Available)
Bugbear Doula (Still Available)
Seven Word Story: Pride (Still Available)

Snakes Slithering Through Stinging Nettle (Still Available)
Green Tree Viper (Still Available)

Good luck!

Edited by TheLampades

7 hours ago, TheLampades said:

I know a fair few duets & menage had tea (the shungas usually have teas). The ones I know off hand (because I have them or a friend does):

Tonka Bean, Black Tea and Vetiver

Darjeeling Tea, Cocoa Dust, and Incense

Himalayan White Tea, Lemon Peel, and Grass

Leather, Black Tea, and Clove

Green Tea and Lemon Peel

Red Mango & Green Tea

A World of One Color (2019)
Dusk in Autumn (2019)
Fuzzy Peach Sweater and A Mug of London Fog

Pegasus Junk
Morning at Fuschlsee

I Will be Strange, Stout, in Yellow Stockings (Still Available)
Pure Applesauce (Still Available)
Late Night Moon 2021 (Still Available)
Who Would Not Tremble Too? 2021 (Still Available)
October 32 (Still Available)
Lilîtu (the black tea was noticible on a friend, but otherwise, it may not be that tea like) (Still Available)
The Wellerman (Still Available)
Gingerbread, Vetiver, and Black Tea (Still Available)
White Grapefruit and Black Tea (Still Available)
Drider Crossing Guard (Still Available)
Bugbear Doula (Still Available)
Seven Word Story: Pride (Still Available)

Snakes Slithering Through Stinging Nettle (Still Available)
Green Tree Viper (Still Available)

Good luck!

Thanks for the list info. I'll check them out soon. 

Edited by Carraway