Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
MissAnthropy

Chuparosa

The Hummingbird of Love, the Rose Sucker. A potent, benevolent, merciful love blend.

Mmm... cinnamon. < drools slightly > This isn't a foody cinnamon though like I normally sniff in like cinnamon roll scents for example, it's a pushy cinnamon (like Red Hots)that's in your face and just... yummy scrumptious. i can catch a faint hint of something else though... not sure what it is... another spice perhaps? Anyhow, I'm not sure I care... this is a very nice cinnamony scent and I can see myself ordering a bottle for the holidays - the time of the year when I'm most in love with smelling of cinnamony goodness.

ETA - Erm.... and everyone else gets roses and honeysuckle. O_o.... this *has* to be mislabeled..... < investigates > Edited by Shollin

chuparosa.jpg

Just gorgeous. This one reminds me slightly of Eos or Asphodel and I think there are flowers in here. It is a very light and airy blend, even if it is a voodoo blend which I usually see as being pretty earthy. It rides close to your skin and has a bit of a cinnamon and a bit of a drop of jasmine I think. I would wear this one for the prettiness of it alone, not to mention the nifty things it does for your love life.

Chuparosa-

In Bottle: Spicy with a floral undertone.

Wet: Floral with spicy-sweet cinnamon smell.

Dry: This is a nice scent. It's kind of cinnamon-spicy; not really a lot of zing, but nice.

Overall: Not a frequent flier, but nice.

Chuparosa is spiced roses and honeysuckle on my skin, a lovely and warm combination of notes that make me feel peaceful. I think the description says it best: 'merciful love'. This is the smell of chivalric mercy---the wound made by the lover that only the lover can heal. It's someone assenting. Relenting.

It's also another Voodoo blend that smells good enough to wear based on scent alone, but the added intentionality of the blend gives it more depth and meaning. I'll definitely hold on to my imp for when I want to reconnect with love's mercy.

This is wonderful! This is the first love voodoo blend to actually smell sexy or sensual to me :-) It's a beautiful honeysuckle with just a touch of rose that isn't going sharp or musty. After a while cinnamon peeks out and takes over, as it often does on my skin, but that's somehow ok for this cinnamon. It's dry and spicy and very sexy.

This is very pretty - kind of a softer version of Harlot. I'm surprised how few people report a spicy note, but it's definitely in here because it's making my wrist itch like only cassia or cinnamon can.

The rose seems like it might be a tea rose, coupled with a heady, white floral for oomph (honeysuckle sounds about right). I'm not getting any green out of this at all. Harlot-Lite sums it up pretty well for me.

In the bottle: lovely, delicate lilac… and some rose.

On my skin: tea rose, lily of the valley and still some lilac. I'm not usually a big fan of floral scents but this one is very pretty.

After a couple of hours: lovely pink rose… creamy and light.

Verdict: I'm not much one for florals but this one is a very beautiful one indeed. I'll have to try it again and decide whether I need a bottle or not.

This is neither benevolent nor merciful on me. Instead of singing the praises of love, Chuparosa turns to Windex on me. I'll be scoring some hot dates with a bay window for sure. After awhile, it's turned into cinnamon Windex, and the cinnamon keeps getting louder and louder on my skin until it's all I can smell. :P

This smelled interestingly, sweetly floral in the imp but it burned my skin - first time I've had that reaction to an oil. !!!

Sadly I can't wear this one, so off to swaps it shall go.

I get mostly roses and lilies from this one, but I also get a slightly "hot" note from it. Chili peppers? I know that's incredibly weird - but I get a slight hint of chili peppers from this one. . .

Wet: A bouquet of roses plus some other sweet flower - might be honeysuckle.

Dry: Essence of rose - smells like what "attar of rose" makes me think of. This is a cheerful rose, not an Edgar Allan Poe flower.

Finish: No change from dry.

Duration/throw: Still wafting at 10 hours. Had to wash it off the next morning so I could try something different.

All of the rose scents I have tried have lasted a long time on me - I think rose has a reputation for lasting, but there may be some body chemistry issue here too.

I think this would be very effective as a tool for magical work. I'll be keeping it.

Chuparosa: In the imp, it's strong and a bit sweet. On, it blossoms into a pretty, sweet floral. Honeysuckle, maybe? Oooh, a few minutes later there's rose here, too. Now I'm getting something sharply sweet, that reminds me of root beer. Like smelling a rose while eating a root beer DumDum pop. After a while, that fades a bit and it seems to be mostly rose. I didn't think I'd like rose, or florals in general, but I do like this a lot. It's a sweet rosy floral to me. This might be a nice dressing-up in the spring and summer fragrance. After an hour, it's still rosy, but with something sharpening it. I wonder if this will turn into the infamous play-doh scent? I hope not. I like the smell of clean play-doh, but if I wanted to smell like it I'd have bought the play-doh perfume! Another half hour later, and it is still rosy and floral, and JUST on the verge of smelling like rose-scented play-doh, but not quite there. I think this will be one to try again, when there's someone else around to give me THEIR opinion on what it smells like.

And now I'm off to add those rose perfumes that I'd rejected out-of-hand onto my wish list.

This is so pretty. I smell lots of warm spicy cinnamon, a little clean and sweet rose, and a bright yellow floral like honeysuckle. This is romantic, innocent and playful.

I was just looking through the reviews and someone mentioned nutmeg. Maybe that's what I'm identifying as cinnamon. I'm pretty sure that nutmeg is one of the few notes that smells fantastic with my chemistry since Baghdad is one of my favorite blends. If this spiciness is nutmeg then it's settled. No wonder I like this so much. :P

this smells like soapy lilac and/or honeysuckle with a very slight tinge of rose. i dont get an overwhelming feeling of rose from this scent at all. i usually like rose, but this is all out white florals on me (which i dont like), so off to swaps it goes.

Edited by theseagrows

Vial: Very sweet and light as a floral. Tuberose, lilac and/or something very similar in feel. There's also a nice gren note with it.

On: A very light floral, a lot like a springtime garden. "The Rose Sucker" is definately represented here. A faint scent, but not too bad.

Overall: A nice, light springtime scent. I can imagine it would work really well for inspiring wistful love.

Edited by PixieSkull

This starts as a rose scent on me, underscored by something slightly milky and slightly soapy. I'm almost not liking it......

I get something boarderline soapy underneath the rose and perhaps something milky. Not a milky note that is sweet and creamy but the kind that dilutes and curdles other scents. Still veering towards soap.

Alas---after 30 minutes it completely sours on my skin. The rose has vanished (surprising for me b/c rose usually lingers) and left behind only a soured, slightly pungent scent. It's not strong or insanely offensive but it's still got enough throw to be annoying.

Ha. I read the "note list" as I was applying Chuparosa and thought, "WTF? Why am I smelling honeysuckle if this is supposed to be all about roses?" I started to question my Very Knowledge of Rose Notes.

Then I read everyone else's reviews. Thank god, I've not broken my sniffer. Yes, it's honeysuckle.

On me, it's pure soft honeysuckle up until about the five-minute mark, when the rose decides to show up. It's more of a tea rose than a red rose, and it blends nicely with the honeysuckle.

It's a very floral blend, which I don't usually go for, but it smells ... nice. Not in an "oh, that smells nice" way, in a "kind" way. I think it definitely does its job, if the ten-minute effect is any indication.

Sadly, as it dries, Chuparosa acquires a green undertone that goes bitter on my skin. Oh skin. It was nice (in both ways) while it was wet, though.

When I first smelled this is the imp the only note I could detect was ROSE. I capped it back up and put it down. I hate roses and this was overpoweringly rose. I started reading the reviews and saw that many people said that they could smell cinnamon. Hmm..cinnamon? I do like cinnamon.

I decided to give it a try. I dabbed a little on and while there is a subtle bit of rose in the background- the beautiful, warm, spicy cinnamon rises tantalizingly up and surrounds the rose and somehow merges with it without completely shutting it out.

Surprisingly I like this and really would consider a bottle!

This was a sample that arrived with my order. In the bottle, it smells like what I can only describe as play-dough.

Wet on the skin, it smells like... uh... playdough.

Upon dry-down, smells like a slightly soapy, slightly floral play-dough.

After a few hours, it morphs into a light but soapy floral (with just a hint of play-dough). Not for me.

In the imp: roses and ALL THE HONEYSUCKLE EVER.

On me, wet: roses and light honeysuckle. Slightly powdery now.

On me, dry: faint roses, honeeysuckle, and a spicy powder that's sort of play-doh-ish.

Verdict: Meh. Swap pile.

There's roses in this. How do I know? Because any rose blend turns into all-roses-all-the-time on my skin. In the imp it smells like spicy florals--like cinnamon and honeysuckle. On me--just roses. :P

In the bottle – Rose, possibly lilies and something green and bright in the background

Wet on me – At first there is a waft of white wine and then it’s pure roses. Wet, lush rose

Dry on me – Softly sweet roses with the occasional hint of something sparkly

Overall – Considering that I don’t really like roses I enjoyed wearing this blend

I had high hopes for this as a perfume, because I have hummingbird tattoos... oh well.

Wet: Roses and honeysuckle.

Drydown: Um, ew. Fortunately this stuck close to my skin, because the green notes here -- and maybe it was just my chemistry today -- quickly changed to eau de crap cologne.

However: I've been having fantastically good communication today with somebody who's potentially offering me a job; in a separate incident, while I was just sitting around reading a book, my husband, although distracted by a sprained shoulder and a work deadline, passed by me, stopped in his tracks, and complimented me warmly and at length about how awesome I was. I'll take that!

Chuparosa was all floral and cinnamon on my skin, both in equal measure. It’s a pleasant combination. Is the floral really roses, or is my brain tricked by the name? It starts out rose to me, then becomes a more complex floral when it dries. Unfortunately it doesn’t last long at all, so I didn’t get that more complex smell for long.

I can’t vouch for the voodoo effects of this one. However, considering my unadulterated bitchiness over the past few days, Chuparosa may have kept the simmering marriage conflicts from boiling over. I’ll give it a few more chances to do its work. Keep the imp, but no plans for a bigger commitment right now.