Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Place your bets: which object will hit the floor first? Grey amber, roasted white tea, Indian sandalwood, and vanilla oud.

This is a beautiful contrast of crisp white tea and more subdued notes. The tea starts off bright, white and green tea notes often have a citrussy leaning on me, with a musky, amber base underneath. As it dries the amber and vanilla oud stand out in front, the vanilla oud is gorgeous- a smooth silky wood scent. I can pull out the sandalwood in the dry down but it is all very well blended. The tea is not so crisp in the dry down. A gorgeous muted tea scent, it makes me think of drizzly days. 

A gorgeous white tea scent backed by woods and a hint of fuzzy grey amber and vanilla. I'm picky about oud, but this one is lovely and will likely get better and better as it ages.  

Cat at the Table has notes of gentle white tea and mellow, soothing sandalwood and boasts label art by Leonard Foujita (whose paintings of unsettling girls with their unsettling dolls are some of my favorites!), and maybe it's because Foujita's cat has a Richard Scarry Huckle the Cat quality, but or maybe because it's just a still cat at a table, the calm before the storm, but there's an undeniable air of charming mischief to this scent, but also of quiet playtime, of nurseries and storytimes and naps. Of milky tea parties in heirloom china cups, puddings sticky with drizzles of marmalade, and the amber-eyed gaze of an old family cat watching with interest as the children's tea play and sup and grow.

Edited by ghoulnextdoor

This is airy, sweet, and somehow also a little crisp. It's almost a linen-y quality but not laundry. Just airy and light and white. As it dries down there's a citrus to it, which I'm guessing is how I'm reading the tea, and it's floating on top of a very smooth and gentle amber and wood base. Very sheer and ephemeral. Will be a great one to come back to and check in with as it matures.

The white tea is crisp with nuances of freshly cut green grass, freshly sliced lemon, and vanilla sugar (kind of like Paper Phoenix mixed with Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea after a while).  Then there's dry, warm wood and hints of papery incense smoke that does give off a grey impression with the grey amber, sandalwood, and vanilla oud blending together.  Relaxing tea party with the doors open to the outside and gentle incense burning nearby.  Very pretty.

This one is mostly about the lemony white tea on me. I get more amber than sandalwood (though it is next in prominence) or oudh (non-funk variety) once it has been on the skin for several hours (it really takes a long time for the white tea to calm down on me), and I'm not able to pick out any vanilla from this.

I really wanted to like this one because of the art, but alas, it's too white tea-heavy on me, and it didn't wow me by the time the white tea had calmed down.

I do love a white tea note, and an oud, so I am pleased with this, and I expect this oud to age tremendously. Not getting anything crisp/laundry/linen personally. In fact, the amber and sandalwood attempt to be fuzzy together but ultimately it's more sleek than floofy, a nice soft shorthair situation. A lovely contrast of grey and white in scent.

In the bottle and wet it's sharp yet ‘perfumey’ and slightly lemony as it dries. It becomes creamy once dry with tea starting to appear and some sort of flowers appearing. Very gentle, I’d love my laundry to smell like this! It's like the memory of a hug, or the faint scent that remains on a piece of clothing that belongs to someone you love.

Very low throw and doesn't last long on me but really lovely.

Beautiful fresh white tea, a little roasty and citrusy. I don’t smell much else, but this is a beautiful white tea scent. I’m hoping it’ll age with a little more of a woody nature.

In the decant: Uh... I smell stuff, but I do not know what that stuff is. Something woody?

Wet: Yes. Woodiness and stuff. Something familiar, maybe the grey amber? I don't know what I'm smelling but it smells nice so far. Reminds me of teen boys.

Dry: OK! I get the teen boys reference that my brain made. It's the sandalwood note from Coty's Gravity. It's also in Strawberry Sandawood, which is amazing but gives me depression because it's too much like Gravity. But here, it is really compelling. It has other friends that keep it from being overpowering or monotonous. I keep sniffing my test arm and it is not making me sad. I'm really loving this. I'm not getting any oudh specifically but I feel like it's what's helping keep the sandalwood in check and making it stay on my arm even though the weather is bone dry in Southern California, which makes my skin eat up perfume lately.