1. Does anything, scent and / or product-wise, catch your eye from the Haus of Gloi summer drop? (https://www.hausofgloi.com/collections/summer) [you're free to pick stuff NOT from Summer as well, of course! ]
Oh my. Any of the soaps, refreshers, soft bubbling scrubs, soy wax andles, or any of the sugar exfoliants. Scents that especially catch my eye: Depravity, Eudemonia, Moon Dog, Tonic #7, Hummingbird, Archipelago, Buzz off, Chillax, Orange Orchard, & Sea Spa
2. Yes, the rumors are true- I'll be in Paris this summer! Tell me up to five things you'd be happy to get from there, including any specific teas from Dammann Freres, my favorite french tea shop! (https://www.dammann.fr/en/#)
Ooh lala! Literally any of the tea - omg it all looks so beatiful! 😍 Um, also anything with lavender, french chocolates, or fancy soaps!
3. I recently discovered Khamilaluna and plan to place an order soon to get a present for my roommate. Is there anything you'd like from them?
These are stunning! The standouts are the Coconut Lime Verbena scrub, the Coffee & Peppermint, Sweet Basil & Lavender, or Coconut Bliss soap, and the Tobacco & Bay Leaf men's soap.
4. is there any small gift from mother nature that you'd like me see if I can source for you from old forests?
Hmm. Some pine, fir, or spruce needles would be awesome.
5. do you wear rings on all your fingers? how about a range smallest to largest?
I prefer wearing rings on my ring and middle fingers, but I'll make an exception if the size and style suits a different finger. 7 for my pinkies, 10, 10.5, and 11 covers my thumbs, ring, and middle fingers, and 11 and 12 for my pointers.
6. If your Sprite were to gift you magical items or workings... a) Would you be interested in that? b) If so, what intention(s) would you appreciate most?
Certainly! I could use help with energy and concentration. I'm an artist and writer and have a few projects that need to get done in the coming months, but struggle with being tired/brain fog/ADD brain. I suppose help with sleeping ties into that issue as well. So yeah, anything to help me sleep when I'm supposed to be sleeping and/or to help me be awake and able to focus and be creatively productive when I'm supposed to be awake, would be awesome!
7. Would you be interested in a set of (rpg) dice? If so, what colors/aesthetic?
Yes - a set in ocean colors would be sweeeet! (I already have an iridescent purple set and a clear set, fyi)
8. What's your favorite creature?
Polar bears are my fav animal ❤️ And for the less mundane, I do adore fae and mermaids and vampires/succubi.
9. Do you like reading comics? If you haven't really read 'em, would you be interested in receiving a few that match your book genre preferences?
I've never gotten into it, with the exception of Axe Cop (I own volume 1). I'd be up for more Axe Cop, but pass on anything else.
10. I'm headed to Puerto Rico in July - anything particularly interesting you would like from there?
Maybe a spice blend or hot sauce? I like smokey spices, poblanos, and lime. And I love plantains. Also, if you come across a small drum/handheld percussion of any sort, that'd be really sweet!
11. Would you be interested in receiving a small bottle of home infused whiskey aged from commercially produced moonshine? Any particular flavors you might enjoy (examples include orange chai or cinnamon chocolate or hot peppers)?
Oh definitely! Orange chai sounds lovely 😍 Any combination of spices (especially cinnamon, ginger, or nutmeg), orange, cherry, coffee, bacon, anise, sassafras, or mint would be amazing.
12. Would you be interested in homemade shortbread that fits your flavor preferences?
Oh man, I'd kill for a good gluten free shortbread. I'd be happy with plain, lavender, lemon, matcha, or cinnamon!
13. If your bday is during the swap, how are you planning to celebrate?
It's not. On the birthday note though, I'm a Pisces Sun/Sag Moon & Rising (just an fyi).
14. Likewise, how do you celebrate relevant spiritual holidays in this time period?
Nothing set in stone, but for the solstice I'll likely try to spend some time in the sun and do some candle magic. (I don't have a yard so I can't make a bonfire or anything like that.)
15. Anything you want from the UK?
I don't know if it's easy to hunt down over there or not, but in a recent swap, aphrodisms got me a pillow mist from Salix Moon that has lavender, bergamot, and frankinense in it, and I adore it. I'd definitely be up for a backup bottle. Other than that, anything relating to fae, avalon, ancient mystical type things. A Doctor Who or Torchwood magnet would be cool as well.
16. Seeds, y/n?
Nay. No yard and I'm restricted to 1 container plant outside my door.
17. Are you interested in skincare/shampoo/conditioner?
Yes. Toner, scrubs, a lightweight face lotion with SPF, detanglers, hair items that enhance curl/volume.
18. Are you interested in tights? If so, what thickness, style, and size?
Yes - anything opaque, darker colors (no patterns, but textures OK), and plus size tights that'd fit the 18-20 range (only 5'3" so no tall sizes though).
19. Do you use tarot decks? Would you like to receive more - and if so, can you list the ones you already have?
I do! I don't really need more though. I'd say only pull the gun on this one if you really have a strong gut feeling on it. Currently have: RWS, Prisma Visions, Alphose Mucha, Dragons, Game of Thrones, Celtic Faeries, and New Vision decks
21. What do you think of the art on this website? https://www.printisdead.co.uk/
It's stunning. A lot of it is too gothy for my current decor vibe though. But I do really like that The Lovers print (with the birds) and would definitely hang it in my bedroom! I also really like that limited edition Luna Moth one (color on a white background). And if we're talking bookmarks/stationary/postcards, any of the prints with teal, green, or purple would be lovely.
22. Is loose leaf tea good, or do you prefer bagged?
ALL THE TEA (lol, um, both)
23. I make arm warmers. I make them from sweaters I thrifted. They can be all one color, or stripes of different colors. They can be long, to the elbows, or shorter.
If you would like a pair, tell me your favorite colors. Solids are more generally elegant, Stripes can be as wildly funky as you wish. Long? Short? Cashmere? Tell me your fingerless mitts arm warmer dreams.
I would love a pair! I have thicker than average arms though, so here are my measurements in case they're needed: wrist - 7.75" thickest part of forearm - 13.5" distance from inner elbow to start of wrist - 9" Elbow length or shorter would be swell, and solid colors preferred. Any material that's not scratchy.
24. PBSW Summer collection is live!!! Anything catch your eye?
Hammocks and Holystones (scrub or shaving soap) and Yacht Rock (shaving soap) both sound v nice. So does Osage Orange (hot process soap).
25. It's farmers market season in town and I have loads of lovely local artisans to shop from. Would you be interested in items from any of the following? *waves to Philly friend*
a. The Rod Homestead (I love this one I helped fund her commercial kitchen) - The Golden Milk spice mix, Ranch Popcorn Salt, and Chive Salt all look excellent!
b. Working Class Coffee - These look like whole beans, so pass.
c. Philly Nuts - The Onion Garlic Cashews sound good, and I would never turn away macadamia or pine nuts!
d. 222 Creations - I like all of the Ginko Leaf earrings - any color
e. Carol's Epiphany - I like the shorter, simpler earrings, but none are particularly standing out to me.
25. I am learning to do embroidery. Would you possibly like a simple hand embroidered piece?
a. If you would like this is there a simple favorite flower or summer symbol, like a bee?
Hm. This is kind of specific, but would it be possible to embroider a snowflake at the ends of a length of a wide ribbon? At some point in the coming years, my bf and I will be having a Handfasting and snowflakes have a special meaning to us. We'll be using a few ribbons (one for each vow) that fall into a color scheme of blush, copper, sage, teal, and purple (neutrals would work too), each approx. 5 ft in length.
26. What kind of sprite would you prefer? A ninja or to know the ID right away? I like both styles for different reasons
I like being a sleuth, so enough contact to give me clues, but nothing too obvious
27. Are you ok with shunga label art (bpal?)
28. I dye yarn. Is custom yarn of interest to you?
It's not, but I have a close cousin I would pass it along to.
29. My European travels are expanding! Anything you want from Portugal or Berlin???
Oh wow! I'll have to google for ideas...Portugal - maybe a tiny little dish? (like the kind you'd serve condiments in) (I love using wee dishes/bowls all around the house for all sorts of things) Berlin - chocolates perhaps?
30. My friend makes cool art with garbage, is there anything here you might like?
So cool! I like Textured Landscape 01
31. Would you like items related to your astrological sign and if so what is it?
This is a tricky one to answer, because kinda but not always? I guess what I mean is I'd like things inspired by my sign or that subtly represent my sign, as long as it fits within my tastes. Like I wouldn't want a shirt with a big pisces symbol on it just because I'm a pisces, but a pisces candle or incense with notes I like would be a Hell Yeah! Use your best judgement I guess
32. what do you think of plushies?
I'm not really a plushie person
33. Are there any Korean or Japanese food/craft/self-care items you would be interested in in receiving?
Absolutely! I love all things matcha. I also once got this Japanese chai latte mix (it was a powder that you add water or milk to), that I'm sure was 99% sugar lol, but it was damn tasty and I wouldn't mind giving something like that a try again. I do enjoy Korean face masks, though I have a decent size stack of them rn. I've seen a lot of other Korean beauty and makeup products that look intriguing, especially in the CC Cream/Foundation/Powder category (the color options look like they'd match me well since I have the kind of very pale skin that skews a little in the golden or olive direction, rather than the pink direction).
34. Is there anything for your garden or houseplants that you need, or would like (tiny, hand thrown cachepot for a prized astrophytum, etc.), or are you proudly black thumb and shun any plant that isn't resin?
I'm somewhere on the darker end of the black-to-green spectrum, lol. I seem to do okay with houseplants that require minimal attention and don't grow much (although I have killed succulents and cacti before). I've been thinking about giving air plants a try, but haven't yet.
35. How many books is too many books?
As much as I love books, I do acquire them about three times faster than I read them, so... heh... go easy on me!
36. I’m knitting up washcloths right now. Would you like some?
I've never used a knit washcloth. Perhaps just 1 so I can give it a try.
37. any spices you need/want? I’m fleshing out a Penzey's order!!
Tarragon! Otherwise I'm pretty well-stocked on herbs & spices, unless you see a unique blend you think I'd like.
38. your feelings on chocolate? Milk chocolate, Dark chocolate, White chocolate? with or without nuts? How about truffly goodness?
Love chocolate! Dark is preferable, but milk is good too. Not a white chocolate fan, unless it's infused with matcha or cinnamon or something else intriguing. Nuts are always good, as are any softer fillings. Love truffles! The only add-ins I don't like is sticks-in-your teeth taffy-type fillings and really hard toffee.
39. Do you want anything for your vehicle? Like bumper stickers or magnets?
No to bumper stickers/magnets, but I do have an essential oil diffuser in my car that I've been neglecting to refill for ages, so maybe a fresh-scented oil designated just for that.
40. any interest in Japanese fashion-ish items? (kanzashi hair pins, and other things made form old kimono fabric, fans, tenugui, etc?)
A fan fit for hanging on the wall would be cool! (I practice feng shui and the wind section of my apartment is somewhat neglected right now) I'm not really adept at hair styling and accessorizing, so nothing too elaborate in that vein, but things like bags and coin purses would be cool, as well as anything that could be repurposed for altar use. I adore fabric that's dark blue with a pink cherry blossom print on it, as well as anything that's aqua or pale green, or that features koi.
41. Would you use cbd infused bath products?
I never have before, but I'm open to it. I don't have any chronic pain, but I do have inflammation issues, if there's a product that helps with that.
42. What colors are your kitchen stuffs?
Pale/soft greens and blue-greens (sage, pistachio, ocean-y colors), copper, and dark inky blue, with white and gray as the preferred neutrals.
43. If I knitted up a scarf/shawl/something in the wearable area what colors would you like and please be pretty specific so I can see if my yarn stash makes this feasible (or if @twilighteyes or @winterblizzard has stash that does and I can barter) k please thanks
Sage green, soft jade, spruce...really any soft greens, dark or light, or deeper/darker shades of blue-green.
44. One big box or a couple starting now??
Totally up to you!
45. How close to the final deadline would you prefer to receive your package? Should we try to squeak as close to August 31st as humanly possible, or would it be okay to send the package earlier?
Anytime that works for you, works for me! (though earlier is nice lol)
46. I am afraid to send chocolate in this heat. What other things might you enjoy?
Gourmet lollipops? Handmade Marshmallows (not by me LOL)? Flavored cotton candy? other ideas?
Nuts, gluten free pretzels, pink starbursts
47. do you have any reservations about wearing leather, like in an accessory??
No issues with secondhand leather, but would prefer not to have something leather purchased new.
48. So I took a "viking knitting" class (which is really wire weaving) and can now make necklaces and bracelets. Would you be interested in either one?
What color wire would you like? (silver, gold, copper, blue, purple, yellow, green orange, black, turquoise, pink, so many colors.) I have THIS PACK among others.
What length would you want (on either or both?)
What kind of fasteners do you like best (lobster claw, toggle clasp, magnetic?) and color of fasteners? (silver, gunmetal, copper, gold?)
- some of the toggle clasps come in cool shapes.
Do you think a larger chunky one like a torc or a slimmer one? I can draw the wire down to different sizes with my draw plate.
Very cool! Preferences: necklace, copper or gold, longer is better (I'm not sure about actual measurements, sorry!), magnetic fasteners are cool! or any kind that lets you adjust the length, and definitely slimmer, more lightweight styles
49. re: hats - I think I mentioned hats in my questionnaire, but yes! I love wearing hats and stupidly never buy them, so it'd be great to get one. Bowler style, newsboy, floppy summer-type, all welcome. The only thing to note is my head's a little big. I can usually squeeze into a standard woman's hat, but if runs a little small it'll be too tight.
50. re: August teas - omg they look UHMAZING! The Black Lodge and Dots and Loops sound crazy good.
51. So apparently there's this cute little outdoor market here that sells locally made dishcloths and similar- would you be interested in having some tea towels or similar from Portugal, dear Spritz?
I would not say no to a tea towel, especially in my aforementioned kitchen colors ❤️
52. Would you like some smallish bottles of Rose Petal Liqueur, Lavender Vanilla Bean Liqueur, or Plum Brandy? (all homemade.)
Oh YUM! Those all sound lovely. I'm a huge sucker for botanically-infused drinks, so that lavender one sounds amazing, as does the rose petal one.
53. Anything look appealing from the Nocturne Alchemy gemstone scent drop today?
I trust your judgement
54. How about the BPAL Dragon*Con Peaches?
The one with coconut cream and marshmallow sounds good, and the "Ridiculously Sexy Peach" sure is intriguing!
55. Tea, coffee, sweets, biscuits, etc. from Europe. Is there anything you would be interested in, sprite? https://matreshkadeli.com
It's hard for me to determine what might be gluten free from that market, but I did spot some buckwheat honey, which I love!
56. would you have any interest in receiving a vintage martini glass or two?
57. My peacock is shedding his feathers as the mating season has ended. Would you like some peacock feathers?
I've actually recently discovered that I've misplaced the peacock feather I use for magicking, so new one would be most welcome.
58. Also, I have loads of herbs right now and a dehydrator. Would you like any peppermint, spearmint, licorice mint, sage or oregano that I grew?
Yes to the last 3.
59. How about a few sprigs of fresh lavender?
A couple of sprigs would be welcome