Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Dragon's Milk

Category: Bewitching Brews Ars Draconis

Site Description:

A truly fae nectar! Dragon's blood resin and honeyed vanilla.

Initial Impression:

Sweet but sharp. The vanilla adds to the scent but it doesn't scream out it's presence. It'll be interesting on.

After Wearing It:

Dragon's resin dominates the scent for at least an hour. Not much of a vanilla scent at first. Very heady, musky and almost fruity. Sort of the like the way your mind feels when you're walking through a smoky club/bar and you're only two drinks away from needing someone to carry you. That lovely sort of internal padded cell mindset (or maybe that's only me when I'm drunk....). After an hour the vanilla becomes more apparent, making the scent sweeter and less foggy. About hour 5, the dragon's resin and vanilla have faded a bit and the smell reminds me a bit of baby powder. You can still smell traces of the original scent, but it's mingled into a powdery aroma. Nice, but since I prefer the original scent, I might reapply around hour 4. I could still smell it on my wrists about hour 7, when I decided to reapply.

Final Thoughts:

I like this, but with all of my other BPAL scents, I don't find myself reaching for it. Beautiful, but not as provocative as some of the other scents

Soft, sensual, sweet, seductive. All these are thoughts that come to mind when I think of dragon's blood on it's own. Add the warmth of vanilla, and I am in heaven.

I applied this about three hours ago, and loved it while in the bottle, loved it while fresh on my skin, and love it now. I don't notice a powdery feel to it, but it may change a bit more in another hour or so.

I can definately see myself wearing this when I am feeling a bit on the feminine side (as I am naturally a tomboy that isn't often), or when I just want to sit around sniffing myself all day. :P

My first dabble into BPAL and I'm already in love. The smell reminds me of the Ren Faire Mystic, incensy and mystical. Light and powdery but something... smoky underneath. I smell the vanilla quite a bit, but I'm not sure what the dragon's blood is sposed to smell like. A very thick spiced vanilla. Definitely Heady in the first few minutes, but dried lighter. I hope that i put enough on that those around me can smell it slightly, because i just sit here and keep taking whiffs of my wrist.

While the dragon's blood resin/cinnamony note in this leaves my skin warm to the touch, I love this one as a room scent. A warm, buttery vanilla perfume with a spike of charp sweet-tart candy heart poking it in the eye. Unexpected and difficult, but a warm, cuddlesome winner to my nose.

At first sniff:

I can definitely smell the honey and vanilla. I don't know the scent of Dragon Blood, so I can't comment on that. It's slightly sweet, but not too overpowering.

I love this - will be buying a bottle very very soon. On my skin it smells really sweet, a bit like marzipan at first but it's not a 'simple sweetness' though I don't think any bpal scents could be simple! Warning - it becomes shockingly addictive!

I was unsure about this one when I smelled it in the bottle - I thought it might be a little too "hippy" smelling for me. But as soon as I put it on, I was in love. There's something so familiar about it. I smell the Dragon's Blood and Vanilla equally after about 2 hours and it manages to be warm and subtly sexy all at the same time. I can't stop smelling my wrists! I really hope this one lasts on me but either way, I'm buying a big bottle and I'll carry it around with me to reapply if necessary.

<squeals while dancing around the house>

OMG... I LOVE THIS!!! I knew i would love this in the bottle i adore dragons blood and vanilla... though anything vanilla usually turns rancid on me. This scent just keeps on gettin better as the day goes on... I spilt a lil on me while opening it so i kinda over did it alittle... At first it was primarily dragons blood with a hint of something creamy, very smoky, very gorgeous. After 2 hours it turned into a sweet vanilla with a hint of smokiness to it (dragons blood i assume)... I cant get enough of this definately a 10ml buy next time around!

Cherry-touched vanilla when wet. Sweet, warm and smoky as it dries.

I acquired this from a swap and loved it so much it was immediately added to my order of larger bottles.

In the bottle this smelled really sweet and yet bitter but once I put it on I smelled like the old Strawberry Shortcake dolls...you know the ones that smelled like their respective names ? Yeah it sort of smelled like that wet on me. But as the scent settled in with my chemistry it warmed up to this lovely bitterish vanilla with just a hint of something strong which probably is the Dragon's Blood. It's sweet but not overpoweringly so. I love it but I'm not sure if it's a MUST HAVE BOTTLE but we'll see..

i knew i would adore this one, so i bypassed ordering a sample and went straight for a 5ml.

dragon's milk is lushly sweet and candyish with a pleasantly exotic bite. it's probably not for you if you dislike vanilla; that is what i smell mainly and it is what ends up sticking to my skin. it's also quite strong and does not fade easily. maybe i overapplied, because my mother said that she could smell it as soon as i walked into the room. :P a delicious scent, it is one of my favorite BPAL offerings.

this scent is delicious. when I first sniffed it I thought it smelled kinda like cherries. almost like the cherry freezing stuff the dentist puts on your gums before you get the needle. it stayed cherry-ish on my for a while, them morphed into a sweet, powdery, slightly smoky scent. I really like it. nice and sweet.

to me, it is a very sweet cherry-almond scent. a nice scent, i will definitely keep my sample. i think i prefer the dragon's heart to dragon's milk though as it is a bit less *sweet* of a smell.

This smells so sweet and candy-like to me. There are undercurrants that make it slightly more interesting. I smell like a lollypop!

My man and I are at odds, because I like to wear more heavy oriental type perfumes and he thinks I should wear something sweeter. After trying almost every mass market perfume in the world, I stumbled across BPAL and now I finally think that I will be able to make both of us happy.

One of the imp's that I ordered was this one, which fits the bill well. This has a sweet honey-cherry smell to it, without making me feel like a dipped ice cream cone. It has depth and soul to it.

And like all of the other BPAL scents I have tried and unlike almost anything you can buy at the store, this scent doesn't sit on top of your skin, it seems to radiate out of you. It would make people say "you smell nice" as opposed to "that is nice perfume".

Lusciously plump sweet cherries and marzipan, swirled into creamy smooth condensed milk with incensy dragon’s blood. On my skin, it becomes soft, sweet, sexy cozy. :P

This is so yummy, it smells like cherries and vanilla on me initially, the spiciness of the dragons resin tempers the scent as to not make it so cloying.

As it dries down it turns more smokey, giving the oil a new dimension. Wonderful.

This is a perfect combination for me and I will definitely be buying a larger bottle of this.

This was another extra from Beth, and another that seems to have been made for my twin sister instead of me.

It was very cloying sweet on me, heavy vanilla and almondish almost and was just not for me.

My sister loves it.

When first applied I smell honeyed almonds and smoky cherries in a richly decadent sweet creamy base sort of...a yummy, lickable incense sort of smell.

It dries down to a sweet, resiny powderish scent, but still every bit as delicious. Yum!

Yum!

This was one of my 'I must have this scent' picks, and I was so right about this one.

In the bottle: First of all, I love the color of this oil It's so pretty! A rosy red-pink that I want to eat. Yum! The scent of this in the bottle is very sweet .. a honey-vanilla scent, definitely. It reminded me of Dana O'Shee and O, but it's somehow .. warmer, I think.

First 10 minutes: I knew I was going to like this one, and like it I sure do. It's sweet on me, but not badly. It doesn't try to overpower me, which some vanilla scents can do, and I'm relieved about this. It also blended well with my jasmine lotion .. which I had forgotten about till I put my oil on tonight.

Wearing: I love this. It's not something I'd wear all the time, I don't think .. but I like it a LOT. It morphs a little later on, and I think I'm getting more of the dragon's blood, which I like. This is a very 'spring' scent .. maybe early summer too.

This is the only BPAL fragrance I've worn that Mr. L. has said "You smell good!" just out-of-the-blue. Usually I'm shoving my wrist under his nose and he says yes/no (he usually prefers Embalming Fluid and Old Shanghai type scents on me). But for this one he said I smelled "good, like cookies." Which at the time I didn't think I smelled like at all, but I sure did smell good. We did make cookies later that night, so he couldn't have been that far off...

Anyway, this goes on strong and sweet and a little cloying but quickly settles down into a warm vanilla scent with a little bit of spice and what seems to me like a carnation-y smell even though there's no carnation in the description. Kind of like those sugar cookies called Snickerdoodles, but less foody and a little more... deep, I think. It's more innocent than Snake Oil, but similar in most other aspects. It's a simple scent yet remarkably hard for me to describe in the way I want to describe it.

I love this. I love it more than almost any other BPAL. Which is saying something. I am buying my own 5 mL (since I've had to borrow Sedge's) in my next order.

For me, too, this is one I knew would be a favorite and I really can say I love it almost more than any other one. In the vial and wet, it is strong almondy/cherry vanilla. When it goes on, I immediately smell it begin to dry out a little bit and for some reason I get a strong hit of gardenia (even though, like carnation, it's not in the description!) The dry-like gardenia note develops almost into a smoky kick -- I guess that must be dragon's blood resin, this is the first time I've ever encountered it. But it's always secondary to the incredible, warm vanilla.

I love this every bit as much as Dana O'Shee and O, if not more, because it has a depth and strength that those just don't on me. I can actually SMELL Dragon's Milk on my skin, actually AFTER putting it on, which I just don't get with those other 2.

I have to get a big bottle of this. I think I've found the almondy-honey one that is actually detectable with my body chemistry -- and as a bonus it's got this amazing strength and warmth to it. It's kind of like Tamora in that vein -- sweet and vanilla-y but warm also. I think I like this better though, cause I'm more of a foody/almondy girl (I'm the one who has worn vanilla and almond extracts dabbed on my wrists as perfume) and this is definitely that.

Yep. Expectations are so often disappointed in our modern world -- it's so wonderful how often BPAL is an antidote to that! :P

Soft, edible and so, so warm ...

After my daughter was born, I finally realized that I was the warm, milky, sweet brown sugar scent I kept looking around for - and I loved the smell, frankly. Dragon's Milk is that same lush, soft, barely-there smell of skin, milk, and body heat combined with the sweet tartness of a cherry icee. It's comforting, edible, and melts into my skin, leaving me nuzzling my wrist for more.

Good staying power, in spite of my need to nuzzle around and find it - and for that matter, it's led more than one man to nuzzle my neck, trying to be surrounded by it, too. Sexy without being blatant, and comforting without being overwhelmingly foody. Definite order of larger bottle.

This is one of my favorites. It is liked smoky, sugared vanilla goodness with that bit of frutiness that dragon's blood lends to any scent. This is very smooth and longlasting without being too strong. It is a very comforting scent. I'll have to remember that since I'm usually spazzing.

Wow. This is simply delicious!

Soft and well-rounded.

Creamy rather than sweet.

Comforting yet sexy.

Foody with just a hint of fruitiness from the dragon's blood that prevents it from being cloying.

Perfection in an imp.

Needless to say, it will soon be perfection in a big bottle :P

By the way, I got my first BPAL-related compliment when wearing it tonight to our Midsummer bonfire :D