Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Dirty

A wonderful antidote to an all-nighter oozing with drunken, addled perversion and debauchery. A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy.

(ETA: No review from me at this time. I created the new topic at the request of a forumite, who didn't know where Dirty was supposed to go. I WISH I had some Dirty to review! Soon, soooon....)

ADDED Feb. 11:

Dirty is very fresh, clean and breezy smelling. The only particular note I can isolate is plumeria, but that's just right after application. It definitely encapsulates the smell of freshly laundered clothing.

As Lorajc mentioned, I think this would be perfect for someone who doesn't normally wear perfume and doesn't want to smell "perfumey"--just fresh and clean. I have a friend who falls into this category so I think I will save Dirty for her birthday next month!

First sniff:

Pure nostalgia in a bottle. This is the scent of summer days playing in the backyard with clean sheets drying on the clothesline. It's the scent of running through those sheets and inhaling their smell. I've always loved the smell of sun-dried clean cotton and Dirty is that smell trapped in a tiny little bottle.

Wet on skin:

Dirty is more proof that simple is sometimes best when it comes to perfume. This scent is pure simplicity: the smell of clean white sheets baking dry in the sun. It's the smell of detergent and fabric softener and sun warmed cotton.

Dry down:

I don't know how Beth does it, but this is dead on. I've smelled a lot of "clean cotton" scents and none of them compare to Dirty. This is pure perfection...it's beautiful and safe smelling. To me, this smells like home and everything I associate with it.

The bottom line:

Dirty is exactly what it's supposed to be: sun-dried clean cotton sheet. This is so beautiful. I love this. I'm glad I've got a 5mL coming! :P

In the vial: Crisp linen, sun-dried and breeze cooled sheets hanging on a line.

There was a faint whiff of lemon at first...which terrified me as lemon and I do NOT get along.. but this stayed light, breezy, fresh clean. A dead ringer for the real thing, soft breezy and soothing. This was light but long lasting.

I'm not entirely sure HOW Beth did this. I just know she did. Utterly...amazing.

Wow. So this was totally different on me than it appears to have been on others.

In the vial and wet on skin- clean linens, sunshine, and a floral, which I think is plumeria.

Wearing- Yep, the floral is definitely plumeria. In fact, the more I'm wearing, the more this smells of dead-on plumeria to me. It's a pretty, crisp plumeria. For some reason, I think I was expecting lemon, ozone, that sort of thing. So I'm very surprised by Dirty, but it's nice. I like crisp florals and this is definitely that.

This will be a nice spring scent. I really appreciate that this is such a fresh tropical scent. I find that tropical flowers are often to heavy and heady, and this is neither, just fresh and clean.

I wore dirty today... I love it. I plan on getting a 10 ml to top the 5ml I have. It smells clean and slightly sweet. I feel that this scent can go with most lotions! I think that is the biggest reason I love it. I have made some massage bars with this, and I'm in love! :P

This is so different than what I expected. I expected this to be sweet and airy. I think I expected it to smell similar to Antique Lace for some reason. This goes on sort of soapy and sharp on me and then it mellows out to a very mild breezy scent. It is simple and understated. I'm not sure this is for me. I'll have to try it again before I decide to swap my 5 ml. This is best suited for someone who doesn't like to smell like perfume (I'm not sure that's me), but I'll have to give this a fair all-day trial run.

YUUUUUUUUM!!!!!

After 2 amazingly stressful 12 hour days at work, with the mercury pushing close to 40 degrees Celcius this little beauty that arrived today was a godsend.

Clean, white, fresh & comforting.

I calmed down straight away. It was relaxing, just like your weary head hitting those crisp freshly off the line sheets on a balmy summer night (which is sure is now). You know when you've had a craptsatic day or night out & all that keeps you going is the thought of smelling clean sheets & hitting the hay? Well, this is that feeling bottled.

The perfect antidote to an all-nighter? No, it's the perect antidote to a steamy, scorching Aussie summer. fabulous. I'm so glad i got a 5 ml unsniffed (which I never do). This is perfect for this heat as iIcan smell clean & nice rather than "hello I'm wearing perfume" which is nauseating when it's so hot it hurts to think. It's a scent that makes people say "you smell nice" rather than "your perfume smells nice".

Slight hint of floral in there but it's a tropical floral (much like my precious Pele).

I'm officially in love :P

First Impression: Strong floral.

Second Impression: I didn't find this particularly clean/fresh. Dirty turned strong and powdery on my skin. It's a lovely scent, but I don't think I'll change my fabric softener anytime soon.

Final Analysis: Take this review as it is, coming from the Laundry Queen. I am a connoisseur of laundry detergents and fabric softener. I love nothing better than the smell of clean laundry and this wasn't exactly it for me. :P No offense please.

Oh, yum. Dirty is so nice.

In the bottle: It smells clean and fresh - I'm reminded of the cotton scent at Bath and Body Works - but htis is much, much nicer.

On skin: This doesn't change much from the bottle to me, wet or dry, but as it's drying, I can detect a hint of something sweet and floral, which I assume is the note that others have identified as plumeria. It's not very strong, though, and once Dirty is dry, it smells like nothing but clean linens to me.

Overall: I love this. It's so light and clean, plus it lasts forever and has great throw. I'm so glad I have a big bottle coming.

Dirty gets the thumbs up from me.

I was very attracted to the scent description when the oil was first introduced. "Crisp white linen scent"? I'm all about that.

Dirty, on me, was a clean, pretty floral. It's not unlike good scented soap, actually, but without the powdery soapyness. The flowers seem very light, yet quite fragrant. This scent is very well-balanced with a green note that adds a crispness to the scent.

I love fragrances that smell like they belong on bedsheets, and Dirty does not disappoint me. It sort of makes me feel I'm in a Martha Stewart-esque home, with the bedroom containing a simple antique bed with white linens and a window is open to let the springtime breezes from a garden waft in.

Clean scents really rock my block. I don't know if that has anything to do with my sun sign (Virgo) or not, but no matter. A bigger bottle of Dirty will be in order once I use up my imp. The folks at the Lab deserve high-fives for this creation.

-doreen

fresh, warm white, and floral, i am picking up plumeria also, ity is a bit soapy, and a bit cottony, and a bit like clean laundry, very summery, i myself liek a darker, redder scent normally but this one is nice, just probably not me

In the bottle: Clean, crisp, white with a hint of light floral

First on: Very light and comforting, it smells like sheets drying out in the sun. Fresh linen, a bit of grass, some white flowers and something a tad sweet which I can't identify.

After a few seconds: I'm smelling.. is it Downy? As well as crisp linen, and if a warm breeze could have a scent, I'm smelling that. Light white flowers, and a tiny hint of freshly cut grass.

After an hour: Well the scent is staying pretty much the same on me even though it's fading quickly. It does carry a slight creamy note to it now, but that doesn't take away from the original impression.

I simply adore this scent, I actually get to imagine what it would be like to be a linen sheet hung up on the line, drying in the sun as a gentle breeze brings the delicate scents of summer to dance around me.

Now if only there was a way to make this stronger and last longer on me!

Edited by Spastik_Kitty

Dirty was a giftimp from the lab (though it was on my wishlist and I would have gotten around to it eventually). Thanks lab! :P

This is a lovely, light, floral-linen scent. It really captures the scent of laundry drying outside (in a sweet meadow, filled with grass and flowers). It also reminds me a bit of floral-scented dryer sheets, but I don't think that's a bad thing. It's light and doesn't last very long, unfortunately. This would be perfect for someone who wants a clean or delicate scent. I like it, and may buy a big bottle when the imp is gone. :D

ETA: Oh, this would be so lovely as a room scent (in a burner) or--even better--as a linen spray!

Edited by Shollin

Oh WOW. This is a fantastic scent. I expected it to have a little more of a "clean laundry" or maybe cottony scent than it did, but that doesn't matter. This scent is clean and uplifting and I think it even clears my head a little bit when I've got too much going on. There's something sweet in it, too. I'm not sure what it is but it gives a nice sort of fullness to the scent. It's got dimensions of clean and floral.

Dirty was in am imp pack that also came when I much coveted 10ml arrived. I am corry I did not open this until now. What a great blend. I think in the bottle you really get a strong detergent smell. I passed over it once. Then, having had my second shower of the day, I thought how best to stay smelling clean? My new imp of Dirty.

I almost get an Antique Lace out of this. Very clean, not fresh as there is nothing green about it. Not spicy or creamy, just simple and pure.

Like me :P

Dirty; This blend is just as how the description says, it smells like clean fresh laundry right out of the dryer. This is a perfect scent for my little girl right after I have given her a bath. :P No bottle for me but keeping the imp. :D

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Laundry soap.

In the imp/bottle: As I thought, it doesn't smell dirty at all! Very clean, and very bright. Promising!

On skin, wet: It reminds me, as Penance said, of clean sheets drying on the clothesline in my backyard (before the Airport grew and mum had to stop hanging them up). It almosts smells of laundry soap.

On skin, dry: Frozen laundry soap, or freshly laundered sheets near to freezing.

Conclusion: It seems to tickle my nose, as every time I sniff it, I feel like sneezing. It reminds me in a very vague way of Szepasszony.

Edited by Aredhel

This was a gift from the lab. As soon as I tried it on, I exclaimed "Nectar!" and dabbed some on my husband. He grinned and agreed. It is sweet and fresh, like the taste of flower nectar. It also reminds me of the scent of a ripe plum. I only wish my clean clothes smelled so summery.

This was a gift from the lab, so thank you very much!

I smell nectar and white linen drying under the sun.

Nice as a home scent, but not just me... :P

A quiet, pleasant scent that stays close to the skin.

In the vial it is a light floral and stays true to that through the drydown. It does have a clean and fresh note to it. A lovely summer scent.

Very nice.

In the bottle: Tea!

Fresh on: This is more like what I expected White Rabbit to smell like. Definitely black tea, though I can also get the "linen" scent. Very light and crisp. R. finds it "mostly innocuous".

Drydown: This continues to be light and airy, not changing much. Holding power is low; it fades after a couple of hours. A good summery fragrance, though I'd have to carry an imp with me if I were going to be out all day. Worth keeping because I like tea scents, but I'm not sure I'd get another imp after using this one up.

After reading the other reviews, I'm beginning to wonder if the tags got switched on Dirty and White Rabbit! Apparently I'm the only one who gets "tea" out of this scent, but that was the one identifiable note for me.

Wow! Dirty is everything I love about the Dormouse in megadoses. I've only worn it once so far, I just got the imp, but I really love it. It came at the perfect time too since I had just run out of Dormouse :P It was mentioned that this perfume is good for people who don't normaly wear perfume and I've got to agree. This is a fantastic gift scent you just can't go wrong with it.

Dirty is perfect for days that I know will be hot and dry, and when other perfumes would be just too much. The fragrance is, as others above have already made clear, very clean and bright. This would be good in an atomizer, stored in the refrigerator.

I just received this in a swap from Penance and I am head over heels in love with it.

Its bright, fresh, clean, crisp laundry, florals and freshness, it makes me think of some really happy times.

Last summer I took care of my young cousins who I absolutely adore a few days a week and it was one of the happiest experiences ever for me. They have a pool in their backyard, behind it is a clothes-line and behind that is all flower gardens.

This scent captures perfectly for me the feeling of the warm sun and cool water on our skin, the breeze carrying the scent of the laundry and flowers through the air, and the smell of Water Babies suntan lotion while we splashed and played in the water and laughed like there was no tomorrow. :P

I got an imp of Dirty in a swap with Gin :P . I had been curious to find out if it was a linen note similar to the one in the sadly discontinued Antique Lace. Actually, it is, though quite a bit stronger by itself. Fresh on my skin, I was afraid it was a little too heavy on the ozone, ala Storm Moon, and maybe a little too much of a laundry detergent kind of smell. But it settled right down into a lovely sun-warmed, clean cotton aroma. It's just what you need to feel cool and fresh on a hot summer's day. This one lasts for many hours, not really a wafter after about 30 minutes but a nice clean skin scent. And a dab layered with a vanilla single note smells just like Antique Lace :D .