Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The perfect vanilla mint.

Initial Impression:
minty and light but buttery too, sort of like those buttermint candies

After Wearing It:
God this is gorgeous! Wet and for the hour after it dries, Snowblind is so buttery and sweet, yet escapes smelling redundantly like vanilla. Underneath the buttery folds of this is a strong, yet soft mint. It's a very noticeable note, making the buttery-ness of this oil still manage to smell cool, but there's nothing sharp about it at all. There's some lemon here too I think, but it doesn't present itself in the usual fashion. It's very much a supporting character, and just makes everything smell a bit fuzzy. There's also an impression of nuts here, not so much the smell, but there's the texture of fragrance I associate with a true almond note. It smells a lot like buttermint candies.

Together, all of the notes in Snowblind make it smell cool but not cold. It's like sitting inside where it's nice and warm, staring out the window at the blizzard outside. The warmth of the room is all around you, but the cold from outside radiates from the glass, teasing you with the chill of the outdoors even though you're not touching it. The fuzziness of the scent makes me think of a really heavy storm, where the view of your yard is obscured by the falling snow.

As the fragrance wears on, it doesn't change much, it just fades softly and pulls its intensity closer and closer to the skin until it just sits there like a blanket (i.e. strong on the skin if you sniff it, but little throw) which seems appropriate. It makes the final hours of Snowblind reminiscent of what a landscape looks like after a heavy snowstorm.

Final Thoughts:
This is a wonderful winter scent for gals like me who hate winter. I hate the cold, I hate snow, I hate ice, I hate coats. I hate, I hate, I hate. But this does remind me of the things I DO like about this time of year. Like sweaters or sitting with my feet over a heating vent. Or how beautiful snow can be before anyone touches it, and I don't have to actually walk in it (and thus start to hate it). How amazingly bright the night is when they sky is clear and there's a good blanket of snow on the ground. It's so delicious too, in its minty-buttery goodness. I'm so glad blessed me with some of this!

121026370.jpg

In the bottle

Butterceam, with a lovely smooth mint bottom note. Like those little buttermint candies.

On

Ohh. Buttery, creamy, mint. mnod.gif

30 minutes

Lovely. The buttercream lessens a tad but the minty note stays fairly long and the yummy creaminiess stays as well.

Throw:

More then I would've thought. Light/Medium

Scent category:

Foody

Summary

If you don't like foody, this is not for you. :P

I was so afraid that this perfect thing would morph into something less on my arm. But praise the Goddess, it hasn't. It's the same buttery, creamy, mint goodness that it was when wet. It's what I wanted Harvest Moon, Spooky, Gluttony to be like, but instead the aforementioned all turned too something.

Oh my.

Purchase again?

Yes, another 5ml (or 10ml if becomes available)

1-5 rating, 5 being best.

Edited by UltraViolet

First Impression: Mint and butter.

Second Impression: Hmmm, not as sweet and cold as I thought it would be. It's definitely minty and very buttery, more buttery than Jack. Just can't compete with Milk Moon with is creamy, sweet honeymint.

Final Analysis: It nice, light and doesn't stick around very long. I hope Lick It is pure peppermint and very sweet with no butter.

Snowblind

Absolutely gorgeous. Buttery, minty and smoooooth. I'm not one to pine for BPAL I cannot have, as there are so many other divine scents, but Snowblind ... *sigh* Snowblind is definitely worth the pining. :P

Snowblind strikes me as minty and creamy, but not necessarily buttery. I detect similarities between Snowblind AND both Spooky and Snow White. It's delicious smelling! I can totally smell the previous comparisons to those old fashioned buttermint candies.

Oh, I hope this is eventually released! :P

at first: a buttery mint.

on: i was expecting something very strong, but this is nice and soft. definitely reminiscent of buttermints: a bit chalky, but with a creaminess to it.

half an hour later: even sweeter. the mint is lighter. this reminds me of powdered sugar.

1 hour later: still soft, very sweet sugar. less mint.

overall: while this is pretty, i don't think i'd wear it often. i like stronger mints and have enought gloriously sweet oils to keep me occupied.

In the bottle: buttery and rich. It reminds me of Milk Moon. It smells yummy yummy yummy!

On my skin, I can now smell the mint the others mentioned. But there is still something buttery and sweet underneath that. I can't place the sweetness, but it isn't the top note, and I only really get it when I stick my nose right into my wrist.

I want bottles and bottles of this! It's so gorgeous with it's ability to transform and layer itself.

Oh my GAWD, this is fantastic. BUTTERMINTS! This starts off minty, but there is absolutely nothing icy about it. No -- this is the smooth, sweet mint of a cup of hot cocoa with a candy cane melted in it. It's warm, fuzzy, and foody -- a perfect blend of creamy vanilla and sweet mint.

Snowblind perfectly fills the niche in my olfactory life that Snow White left empty. That is, this is the perfect warm/cool, softly minty wintertime scent that I hoped Snow White would be. Oh MAN, I NEED a bottle of this.

:P

Snowblind

Snowblind is softer than I expected. Sniffing from the bottle the butteriness knocks me over the head, but it breaks up pretty quickly on my skin. It dries down strongly vanilla-y, with a light mint background. Goes through a phase that smells pretty Play-Doughy, so I wonder if there's not a hint of almond in there. Although it could be a milk note, too - as it sort of reminds me of Dana O'Shee. The end result is a sweet, soft milky-vanilla mint. I like it! I didn't really think I would, but I do. I would definitely order a bottle, if I had a chance.

I don't really get the buttery aspect that others have from Snowblind, but it is a positively creamy, light vanilla mint. Whilt is feels slightly chilly on, it is very smooth as opposed to being a crisp and harsh mint. It is positively yummy and I so terribly hope I end up getting a bottle of this with the Naughty and Nice Inquisition because I can see myself wearing this frequently. :P

Snowblind.jpg

PEPPERMINT!! :P

It's scary peppermint... seriously. I mean, overwhelming, knock your santa hat wearing butt onto the snow-covered ground peppermint.

When I first put it on, that's all I get... peppermint, peppermint and peppermint. Oh... and just a smidge of... peppermint. You know when you eat a peppermint and every breath you take you get that tingly "cold" feeling? I still get that from Snowblind... and no.. I haven't eaten my arm off... yet.

After drying down, I finally catch a whiff of the vanilla. It's a very nice creamy vanilla.... like it's being muted somehow. It's not the strong stuff coming straight out of the bottle in your kitchen... it's the soft scent you barely catch a whiff of as you're stirring it into your cookie recipe.

I have to wonder why everyone keeps describing it as a vanilla-peppermint though... it's definitely a *lot* heavier on the peppermint. The vanilla is a soft afterthought.

After about 20 minutes, it's blended into the softest foody scent... like some cookies my grandpa made once. Neither peppermint, nor all vanilla.... it's creamy and milky.... hints of sugar. Maybe some sugar cookies. If it wasn't for the random "coolness" of the mint I would be reminded of sugary cookies in the oven any time of the year... but the mint makes it wholly Christmas.

Edited by PilotKitten

Snowblind is the butteriest vanilla mint ever.
The mint is cool, creamy, and sugary, like candy canes, covered in the creamiest, most buttery, decadent vanilla. I always feel like I want to drink it for some reason. Like some sort of silky, boozy, buttery vanilla drink.
Definitely smells like buttermints, but literally more wet and buttery and vanilla-y, not those dry, powdery buttermints.
It's amazing.
The only reason I wound up swapping my bottles away is that I love Spooky even more for a vanilla-foodie-mint, and I am hoarding Spooky so hard.

Edited by Little Bird

Naughty! :P

In the bottle: Creamy, buttery, with a hint of mint.

Wet on skin: The mint is coming out a bit more, but still creamy and buttery. Kind of like those soft after dinner mints you get at the store.

Dry down: Seems to be the same, lovely vanilla mint. Very pretty!

Preconceived notions:

I've been wanting to try Snowblind since it first made an appearance in the reviews section of the forum in spite of my general aversion to foody scents and especially sweet, candy-like ones. I love buttermints and something about the smell of them really appeals to me - it's innocent and sweet and homey somehow, even if Snowblind is a Naughty blend. :D

First sniff:

Oh, my, Beth's done it again! She's bottled the scent of buttermints, pure and simple. There's nothing artificial about this and it's not saccharine sweet. It's buttery and minty and...comfortable smelling somehow, perhaps because it reminds me of winters at home with my parents.

Wet on skin:

As soon as Snowblind hits my skin, the buttery vanilla note takes a backseat to the mint and this veers dangerously close to peppermint candy territory, which is odd given the fact that my skin normally amps up butter notes. I'm hoping this goes back to the buttery scent in the bottle as I'm not a fan of pure peppermint scents.

Dry down:

Phew, back to the butter/vanilla/mint scent of the bottle. This is sweet and soothing and homey and comforting and not at all naughty to my nose (not that I'm complaining, since I love this). Snowblind really does smell like the scent of liquified buttermints...the extra rich ones that melt in your mouth as soon as you drop them on your tongue. :P

The bottom line:

Pure wintery comfort. I'm so glad I got this one; I think Snowblind and I were meant to be together, although I do wish I could buy more.

The naughty half of my inquisition aquisition. Snowblind really is the perfect vanilla mint. The vanilla is a little heavy on first sniff and when wet but the drydown is heaven and the soft mint comes out to play. It really does smell like those pastel after dinner mints. Delish and refreshing. A comforting scent. Love it.

Rating (out of 5)

i got to sniff what i think is a prototype, and what i hope the final version smells like. it also has made me long for it as my inquistion decision. pleeeease!!!

anyway in the vial buttery note like jack has, strong butter and i am like uhoh i hope it gets a bit morphy on.

wet: all mint ,strong, and butter killing mint.

dry: all i can say is OMGPLEASELET ME HAVE THIS!!! it is soft, sweet, creamy, w/ a breath of mint, there was a stage that made me think of buttermints, but that went away fairly fast and i was left w/ this soft vanilly, sweetness, and an occassional waft of a gentle soft mint.

i should say i do not really care for mints most of the time, however i could wear this daily, so if you are not a mint lover don't give up on this one it is definitely a keeper.

Mmm. Snowblind is, as everyone says, the perfect vanilla mint. To my it smells like to beautiful progeny of Milk Moon and Lick It and it the best of the two blends - it is warm and minty without being OMG MINT!!!!! and could easily be worn everyday (as opposed to Lick It which I like, but which is very holiday to me) and it has a little more oomph than Milk Moon.

I love this and have never been so happy to be naughty. :P

In the bottle: Vanilla and mint.

On, wet: Vanilla with a haze of mint over. Very tasty-smelling.

Drydown: Aw, where did the mint go? Mint just doesn't stick on my skin. The remaining vanilla scent is nice -- not as sweet as Black Opal or Antique Lace's vanilla. A little more buttery, too.

I'm not sure if I need another vanilla scent, but I like this one.

Snowblind is utterly gorgeous.

It is a sweet, creamy mint scent. The vanilla gives the mint, which is often a little too sharp on me, a softness that is delectable. Both notes are very present in this blend, but neither overwhelms the other.

This oil made me so happy - I love mint, so I was thrilled to find an oil where the mint was wearable for me. It lasted all through my family Christmas without needing a reapplication, and it was great to get a comforting little whiff of this every now and then.

There is no other way to describe this than the perfect creamy vanilla mint. I thought Lick It was vanilla mint until I smelled Snowblind. This is much creamier. I don't think this wears very strongly on me and I think I'll like it better in the warmer weather, as I tend to be cold all of the time and this has not throw on me in the cold! This is divine. So glad I got this in my Naughty pack.

Creamy Mint that wears very closely to the skin. And on me, becomes a Skin Scent.

The Mint note is fugitive.

After a 1/2 hour I'm left with a lovely creaminess that has only the barest hint of Mint . After an hour the Mint exists only in my imagination.

Oh, about that creaminess. Some of BPAL's 'creamy' scents have screamed something that sounded like 'COCONUT' on me and occassionally 'PLASTIC'.

Snowblind does none of that. But then neither does Beaver Moon, Sugar Cookie or Mitzvah all of which I have and all of which will layer perfectly with Lick It to provide a Creamy-Mint experience that doesn't require costly and ultimately futile reapplications.

Happily, Snowblind is much desired and thus easily swapped on Forum for something with a bit more gusto... say a Lump of Choco... Coal.

I am going to be really crass and wonder when the first Snowblind bottle will show up on Ebay and how much it'll bring. For those whose chemistry holds onto the particular Mint Note used in Snowblind.... I'd say a bottle will be worth a pretty penny.

Normally I'm not a fan of huge mints in my parfum (I think Undertow is the only exception I can think of) but I LOVE the vanilla mint that is Snowblind. It's not an overly coying mint and it's not very subtle either. It reminds me a lot of Lick It's more subdued but still fun brother.

If I hadn't come to this forum and heard tales of the Amazing Snowblind, I wouldn't have bought it based on the vanilla mint description. I like my mints minty and my vanillas creamy, and ne'er the two shall meet! Still, I had a sneaky suspicion that Snowblind would transcend my stupid rules.

To blow my mint+candy= sicky girl prejudice out of the water, we have the first stages of snowblind. Creamy, smooth, round edges, soft and wispy. The vanilla enhances the mint rather than takes away from the bracing quality I love so much. It becomes...well, like SNOW instead of ICE. Snowblind is very, very snowy.

No much to say about it that hasn't already been said-buttermint candies, right on the money. One thing I DID notice, though, was snowblind's rather animalistic musk on the dry-down. I don't think I'm pipe dreaming this- i get a sexy, f*** me skin musk by the end. Covered by the vanilla, and spiked with the softest spearmint (though it is not spearmint), it's unbelievably sexy, with minimal throw to make it even more of a seduction.

I loved it from application onward, but the sudden change from pure snow to sexy chill put it over the top. Snowblind is on my top ten, and I'd have already ordered more if I could.

I know now why this went into the "naughty" slot. :P

I first smelled the unreleased version of Snowblind back in summer and loved it, so I was delighted that my naughty plea resulted in this blend.

On me, it's a true vanilla mint - creamy, but not at all buttery. Makes me think of those pastel-colored melt-away mints.

The mint doesn't last too long on me (it never does, much to my dismay), but the lingering sweetness is still quite lovely.

I don't smell mint in this at all - which is good since mint usually doesn't work for me.

In the bottle and on my skin it's a pure creamy vanilla which is just wonderful :P