Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The perfect vanilla mint.

In the imp: Buttery mint

On Skin: Creamy buttery mint, the vanilla smells slightly plasticky like in Tokyo Stomp, but not as bad.

On Drydown: Vanilla plastic with a hint of mint.

Verdict: Oh, this breaks my heart so. The vanilla has the plastic quality that TS did, but not as bad. And I was so looking forward to this. I'm not sure it is the vanilla, but Snowblind shares some ingredient with Tokyo Stomp that just goes to funk on my skin. Bad skin chemistry. Bad.

This is definitely vanilla and mint, but it is a very soft mint and a very buttery vanilla. This is richer and sweeter than Tokyo Stomp, but they are definitely comparable substitutes for each other (if one is unobtainable), at least from my own skin chemistry.

This one is an absolutely beautiful vanilla mint. I really get the underlying buttery yellow cake note like other reviewers have mentioned, and it is a soft, subtle blend on my skin that is not overpowering like some mints. It borders on foody smelling, but retains a clean crispness at the same time. Quite lovely.

In bottle/imp: Strong peppermint and very sweet, almost foody, vanilla.

Immediately on skin: This smells of very sweet, strong peppermint. The vanilla isn’t really making the blend creamy as much as sweetening it a lot.

After a few minutes: This has faded to a very light vanilla plastic on me… not like burned plastic, but the way plastic babydolls smell which I actually find pleasant. It reminds me of the vanilla in Monsterbait: Biggercritters. I can’t smell the peppermint any longer AT ALL, except for maybe the addition of a cool note to the vanilla.

Overall Impressions: This is a nice scent, but fades much too fast on me. The vanilla is very creamy and sweet, and the peppermint starts out very strong. I wouldn’t buy this, but personally I don’t like mint as a perfume that much. The vanilla note is very nice and pleasant though. If you like sweeter scents that are on the verge of foody, try this.

This is so very different from other vanilla mint scents like Tokyo Stomp, Lick It, and Lick It Again. The only way I can describe this is as a WARM mint. It is utterly gorgeous and delicious the way the lab's mints always are, but it doesn't have that chilly cold feel that most of the mint scents do. Something in the combination of vanilla and butter in this blend make it feel like mint wrapped in a blanket in front of the fireplace, and I love it so much.

It is a mint for sure, but that goes away pretty quickly on me. The vanilla is dominant all the way through, with a short stopover in plasticy. No throw at all as far as I can tell, but the slightly buttery vanilla sticks by me. As some have said, it is on the verge of foody, but not quite. A classy perfume! I'm glad I finally own some.

This really is the perfect vanilla mint, and it’s one of the few mint scents that I like. This is a wonderful buttery minty vanilla. This is more vanilla than mint. It’s so creamy and sweet. This truly is the *perfect* vanilla mint scent. Far above and beyond any other I’ve tried.

First Sniff: Oh yum. Candy Cane Cake

On Skin: Sweet, creamy vanilla & peppermint.

Drydown: The mint fades fast, and I am left with a cool, creamy vanilla. Surprisingly enough, it is one of the few BPAL vanilla's that my skin chemistry likes. It must be the mint.

Final thoughts: It's a keeper. I was scared the vanilla would go smoky as most do, but it likes me, it really, really likes me. (One final thought: It faded fast!)

In the vial: buttery and a very strong crips mint. Peppermint victory!

Wet: Similar to Lick it Again, but more buttery like those after dinner buttermints. Smells on my skin the way Tokyo Stomp smells in the bottle, but TS goes weird on my skin, whereas Snowblind doesn't. I am reminded a little bit of Dana O'Shee for some reason.

Drydown: This goes very faint after it dries. I guess my skin absorbs it.

Someone gifted me with a generous sniffie of this in a swap! :P

To me it smells just like a minty Midway. Like someone took the Midway base and added a soft mint to it. It feels a bit cold where I put it on my neck, but it doesn't smell as sharp as some other mints. It has more of a candy structure (smooth, shiny) than Lick It.

mmmmmm buttermints.

I liked the members of the "Lick It" family that I tried, but I didn't find them as wearable as Snowblind. This is less like peppermint oil and more like buttery mint candy... perhaps even creamy mint frosting! The perfect mint for me :P

Snowblind '08 is just beautiful. It's minty until it dries, then it's just a soft, sweet vanilla. I can't say much more than what the other reviews already say, except that I'm happy I asked for Snowblind for the Inquisition. It smells exactly like I was hoping it would. :P

:P

That's the best way to describe this scent. It starts out minty with the teeniest hint of vanilla in the bottle, but upon application, it blossoms! It turns into this sugary candy mint, and it smells ammmmazing. The next morning, I still had some left on - which is a miracle because most perfumes fail to last past the two hour mark. It's lost the minty quality and turned into just a warm sugary, vanilla. I love it. <3

This started out smelling a lot like Tokyo Stomp on my skin, but as it dried during the day it turned into this amazing vanilla with a hint of soft mint. I adore this! :P

And it's been periodically throwing more scent off and on throughout the afternoon to remind me it's there. I've been huffing my arm all day. :D :D

Thanks to an oh-so-generous swapper, I got the chance to test Snowblind.

I didn't purchase it (though I did get a sample of Snow Angel), even though I've tried both before and neither worked on me. There are none Snowblind as will not see (or, in this case, smell) that I'm just not a Snowbird.

In the imp, the butter actually gags me. It's like buttered popcorn, but it's minty instead of salty. Not my ideal combination.

But I soldier on and put a smear on my arm. The butter wears off fairly quickly. That's a good thing. Unfortunately, what remains is buttermint. Boring, unappealing buttermint.

Mint lasts a while on me. This is not a blessing.

Snow, Snowblind is just not for me.

In bottle: The minty version of Love's Philosophy. With more mint. But the creamy vanilla is pretty much spot on for LP.

Wet on skin: Creamy smooth vanilla mint. Buttery.

Dry on skin: Hmm, kind of an odd plastic smell. This is the first time that BPAL's vanilla has done that to me. I'm going to chalk it up to hormones and try it again after aging a bit and during a different time in my cycle.

Mmmm. Snowblind was not exactly what I expected, but I love it! Perhaps even more than what I expected...

Anyway, this scent is overwhelmingly buttery in the bottle; enough so that it's hard to tell it's supposed to be a mint-vanilla scent. But as soon as it touches my skin, it turns into a sweet, minty, yes, creamy scent that hovers close to the skin but is delightful whenever I sniff my wrist.

Over time, the mint burns off (as it tends to), and I'm left with a sweet scent reminiscent of nougat or taffy or possibly white chocolate. Very good, very light, and a nice comfort scent.

ETA: 4 years later, I tried this on again. I had been (erroneously) remembering this as one of the candy scents that goes bad on me, but I tried it on to see what aging had done to it... and oh.my.goodness. The creamy sweetness of it is truly wonderful; I could wear this all day, every day, I think, all winter long! Why didn't this strike me this way to begin with??? Anyhow, just wanted to chime in and mention that a few years makes this scent that much more amazing.

Edited by kjirstiben

yup, those little pastel coloured buttermint candies. chalky shades of pastel, sometimes with a jelly center, but either way they dissolve nearly instantly.

i'm sure this is a gorgeous and lovely scent on most folks, but i hate mint. it came my way so i had to try it but... er... it isn't for me.

Revisited/Resurrected Version:

Sniffed in imp: Light yellow oil. Super sweet, foody, artificial french vanilla with a hint of peppermint. The two scents clash awfully.

Wet: Purely minty.

Drydown: As it dries, a creamy sweetess mutes the mint a little.

Dry: Creamy mint, not as in your face as at first.

Overall: This is quite lovely and refreshing. I'm sad I don't have more of it, though I don't know how much I would wear it. It's a really cheery scent.

When I fist saw this scent I immediatly had to pounce on it. Vanilla= win. Mint= win. So, mint+vanilla must be amazing!

For the first time I had a problem with vanilla :cry2: Snowblind became very plasticy and someone headache inducing. I've never had a problem with the labs vanilla doing this to me. What I can determine is that the mint is slighty different then the one used in Lick it and the vanilla is different then the one used in Eat Me or the one in Dorian.

Through some order confusion I ended up having two of these little ones so I plan on keeping one and seeing if anything changes.

Resurrected Version:

Mint is not one of my favorite scents to wear - but every once in awhile, I get a craving - I thought this would just be so similar to Toyko Stomp that I wouldn't need it - but, of course - I was wrong! This is gorgeous :wub2: Creamy vanilla mint - a very cool almost spearmint at times mint - it's just so pretty, bright, and happy - I had to track down a bottle! It doesn't seem like it would be complex - but it smells *complex* and beautifully blended.

In vial: Love's Philosophy!!! With a sweet mint added to it. MMMMMMMMMM!

Wet on skin: a very creamy, buttery mint. The vanilla is the same as the one in Love's Philosophy. The mint is fresh and smooth. Together, they really do make the perfect vanilla mint!

Dry on skin: still a very creamy, buttery mint, perhaps a little less fresh now. I want more!

After a while it becomes more buttery and less minty, but it's still yummy!

In the bottle – Yum minty humbugs

Wet on me – The scent is now mainly peppermint with just a hint of sweetness behind it

Dry on me – The mint fades off surprisingly quickly, leaving a custard vanilla

Overall – A warm and comforting duvet day blend :yum: