Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
MissAnthropy

Chuparosa

Chuparosa:

The Hummingbird of Love, the Rose Sucker. A potent, benevolent, merciful love blend.

I am really bad at picking out individual notes in some of the harder to identify areas, but I'll give this one a go since I like it so very much.

A Gift-Imp of this came to me with one of my orders, and I was anxious to try it, so it was the first I applied.

First whiff: Very floral. I can smell some rose, and some very water floral notes. I think I smell Lily of the Valley and Tea Rose. This is a very green scent. Fresh. VERY bright, clean, and a little sweet. In fact, it smells VERY much like the blend of 'Chaos Theory' I purchased. So faerie-ish.

On: Still can't pull out any other hints. Green... very, very green though.

An hour later: The blend has really faded off thanks to my chemistry. But I should have known this would happen because this is what always happens with me and 'watery floral' scents. But I can still smell it. I re-applied to try and get a better feel for the scent, and now I think I smell Lily of the Valley more than I did before and Sweet Pea? Water Lily? I think I even smell some Wistera! Oh this is driving me insane! I really want to know what's in this blend!

Final thoughts: This would make an amazing linen spray scent for me. I like to spray my linens down with very clean, fresh, springtime scents. And this one is perfect. But, I don't think I'd wear it again because it just doesn't jive with me. I'm more of a spicy/incense scent kind of gal. I know a lot of people are going to love this one though!

-Leslie

I am a huge fan of rose, so I ordered this as soon as it became available. There is some rose, but it does not come on as strong as I thought it might. Instead it is just one note in a bouquet. Like other voodoo oils it has an herbal quality, that in this case is almost reminicent of dry grasses.

It is nice enough, but I can't see myself using it enough to warrant a bottle. If you are not a huge fan of rose don't elimante this one out of hand. You might still like it quite a bit. If anything I wish it had a little more rose quality.

Just in time for Valentine's Day!

First Impression: Ethereal romance in a bottle.

Second Impression: I get that candy sweet flowers scent that I get from Crucible of Courage, Lobban and Follow Me Boy. Perhaps it's a similar base, but the actual floral notes are very different. I'm getting lily of the valley, tea rose and a hint of honeysuckle. Soft and romantic with a touch of magic, like the scent of pixie dust.

Final Analysis: I'm wearing this on Sunday, the day we're going to celebrate our Valentine's Day as Monday Rob will be traveling, back to business as usual. I think this will be perfect for what we've got in mind.

hmmm intresting

in the vial it was veryy lily i think

wet: lily/rose still more lily then rose

dry: umm coffee? w/lilly, and a hint of rose.

this is very fresh the coffee smell deepens it , before it showed up it was a green fresh scent reminding me of a floral fridge but now it is a different animal i like it better w/ the coffe smell :P

Aww, I am turning into a ball of mush over this one! :P A delicate, sweet rose with soft watery notes (but *not* the ick-aquatic that so disagrees with me); a clean, green drydown that reminds me a tad of Hamadryad, but less spicy. My only complaint is that it fades rather fast.

This is the one I will wear for relationship work--not inciting-passion work, but restoring happy affection. I have a mental picture of a pair of hummingbirds fluttering companionably around the same flower. I am also reminded of one of the oddest comments I ever heard on my parents' Ham radio--a gruff-sounding trucker talking about the hummingbirds in his yard, saying, "Ah luv them thar little hummers." :D I mean, who can resist them, really? :D

This is pretty. I smell rose, jasmine and/or Honeysuckle, maybe even some green in there. Its nice and strong on me. I ordered this because I love Hummingbirds, and this would be the smell of a hummingbird to me. Thats what I think of when I wear this. That it smells like the sweet nectar of many flowers with rose and Honeysuckle leading the pack.

First impression ~ It's roses and honeysuckle floating through shafts of afternoon sunlight and then swirling lazily through slow moving water.

After wearing for hours - This scent makes me happy. Not giddy happy, but peaceful happy in my own skin. Extra 30 lbs, stretch marks, mood swings - all included. I'll be purchasing this one by the gallon. :P

My husband said "smells like the middle bit of Turkish delight". Poetic, eh? :D

i got this as a gift imp in my last order and i think i need to buy a bottle of it now. this is the perfect floral for me. it's all roses, my favorite. it's clean, aquatic, fresh, not powdery. it's just so pretty :P

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I was hoocked at the very first sniff. :P

Wet it's a floral scent with a green base; I pick up some lily of the valley and honeysuckle for sure, maybe with some bulgarian rose and white lilac... and some jasmine perhaps, not sure if star jasmine.

A lot of white flowers but not a pure floral one, as the green bit withdraws those notes.

Dry it goes deeper and greener, the honeysuckle winning in power against the white flowers.

It's so clean and fresh... ant it has a lot of personality.

I do need a bottle of this one! :D

ETA: I have my bottle on my desk, and I will use it a lot this summer! :D

Edited by quimerula

Sweet, sweet, sweet floral! I get super strong honeysuckle at first, which mellows into a charming rose nectar scent. My mother looooooves this one, and I might have to get her a big bottle. It also reminds me of my grandmother, because she loved hummingbirds, so that just adds to the sweet, happy feeling it gave me when I wore it.

i originally purchased an imp of this to put in a 7-day candle. i don't usually wear the oils that i use in candles,but this is just so lovely as a perfume as well! Someone already mentioned 'fairy dust'-that's a pretty apt description. i picture little cartoony hummingbirds flying all around me when i wear this. It's not a heavy rose floral at all (at least,not on me)...it's more like a perfume i had when i was little,i think it was a Barbie perfume (of all things!). i am off to buy a big bottle of this momentarily!

at first: the lab included this as an extra. this is what it smells like when you go close to a flower arrangement to smell it and end up being overwhelmed by the strongly-scented flowers.

on: a true rose scent, but not green at all.

2 hours later: this has pretty much disappeared.

overall: this is nice, but my skin just ate it up. it'll be finding a new home.

Wet, the top-note is pure sugary blossoms. As it dries a touch of something spicy like cinammon finds it's way in. I had to wear this mutliple times to be sure the spice smelled like that. I wasn't expecting spice, honestly, so it was a suprise to wear. Within an hour the spice takes over and the blossoms have nearly disappeared.

I like the beginning phase, but the drydown is not me, even if I do so love hummingbirds.

Edited by Summerpixy

I didn't really like Chuparosa the first time I tried it. But I'm giving it another go-round, for the sake of reviewing.

I smell rose. There is something in the background that smells white, almost soapy -- I can't tell if this is my skin's normal reaction to rose, or if this is another note altogether. There is something green, which may be a very fresh carnation.

Chuparosa is nice, but there is something about it that doesn't sit well with me. Maybe it's too fresh, and not sweet enough...?

In the bottle: Honeysuckle in the vial. A nice, strong, sweet honeysuckle. I've tried this blend once before, but I never got around to sitting down and properly reviewing it.

Wet: Honeysuckle and other florals. This is a light, fairly clean floral when it goes on. It's sweet without being overpowering. Maybe honeysuckle and some kind of white floral.

Dry down: Hmmm...a slightly plasticy floral now. This reminds me of those little plastic dogs and cats they had that were lightly scented and came in the little perfume bottles. It's not a bad scent. This time the blend is a lot whiter than it was the first time I tried it. It's not bad, but it has an odd waxy note that wasn't there before.

Dry: The white floral and honeysuckle stays around as well as the background note of a lovely, light rose. This isn't the full, heavy rose of Persephone or Moon Rose but is a lighter rose. A white rose or a tea rose, maybe. It still smells like those little plastic toys, though. I do like Chuparosa, but I doubt that I would ever buy it in any quantity bigger than an imp.

Soft, sweet clean green and juicy! I'm not sure of the ingredients but I swear i smell a bit of coriander under the juicy sweetness. This one is nice, and if it's intent is realized in it's use, it is awesome!. If not? It smells like I just washed with expensive botique soap and i am very clean :P

~Chuparosa~

In the bottle

Honey'd spring flowers

On

Wow. Beautiful spring flowers, maybe some honeysuckle, mimosa or jasmine in here too? There's a note in here and damn if I cannot remember or place it. It's familiar... heliotrope, amber and/or white lotus maybe? It's a woody kind of note in here that's just peeking out and sticking it's tongue at me as if to tease me. I hope he doesn't get any stronger but It hasn't thus far.

Throw:

Light/ medium

Scent category:

fresh floral

Summary

This is such a lovely strong floral but it's not piercing or offensive in anyway like strong florals always are on my skin. It's fresh smelling like spring but it's also got a sweet-ish quality.

It's got alot of similarity with Lush's "Oxeo Cube" which is made with loads of Oxymels (honey'd flowers basically). There's a woody middle note in here that I'm fighting with but other then that this is beautiful.

Also, this has better then average staying power.

Purchase again?

Yes! a 5ml

1-5 rating, 5 being best.

ETA: with help from Cupide430 I know what it smells like exactly, it smells like lush's Tiptoe Through the Tulips soap.

Edited by UltraViolet

In Bottle: Floral.

On Skin: Dainty and pretty light floral. I don’t know all my flowers that well by scent… lily of the valley or sweet pea maybe? Or honeysuckle? Anyway, it’s a sweet floral note that is very distinctive. I don’t really like to wear florals but this would be nice as a sachet or candle. It has the potpouri quality.

mmmm

This one smelled fresh to me. Lots of roses and something green, but not herbal, a wet green. Maybe cactus, or lilly or something like that. Sorry I can't quite pick it out. On my skin it didn't really change much, just stayed really nicely. I like this one a lot!

Chuparosa (sounds like it was made for me, no?) smelled gawd-awful when I first put it on. There was some kind of mean, spiky rose in there, a HUGE one, and a bunch of underarm BO. I swear, when I put my nose to my wrist, my eyes watered from the stench. But I was sitting in the car with my friend and she kept asking me what that lovely smell was. I thought she was :P . But lo and behold, after about half an hour, I started to notice a gorgeous smell wafting up. I put my nose to my wrist and the horrible BO smell was gone. Instead I found gorgeous, juicy rose and nutmeg. Nutmeg? Where did that come from? I have no idea but I love this perfume, it's like French Creole with roses instead of that herbal note. Quite a wild ride though!

Oh my GOD!!! I love this scent. It is the most divine rose I think I have ever encountered. I'm definately awestruck and in love with this scent. It is so big and floral. There is also a mysterious greeness here as well. Oh so goregous....

<swoon> :P

In the imp and first applied--Honeysuckle! With a hint of rose/tea rose. Slightly tart but sweet. Dries down true to imp with a very subtle musk & spice. Is that geranium peeking through ever so quietly?? Stays w/me for hours & after a few, I get an ever so soft hint of jasmine. If that's jasmine, yay!! Its not overpowering all the other notes like it usually does :D

Definitely evokes the image of a hummingbird flitting around hard at work. Wet, sweet but not too, and slightly green.

LOVE this!! :P

It inspires a happy, light-hearted feeling. Will report back after its put to work :D

Gorgeous! This is Red Rose's younger, more innocent sister. Ethereal and sweet, with maybe some sweetpea or honeysuckle under a fresh, dewy rose. This isn't a powdery rose scent, but rather a fresh one. Light, perfect for hotter weather, and beautiful. Definite keeper.

A gift from the lab, this one caught me off guard.

On me it is mostly honeysuckle, stem and all. The scent of sweet nectar supported by fresh green notes. It realy does remind me of a capricious hummingbird flitting around a flower garden.

This one is an unsung treasure!

Initial Sniff: A big flower bouquet fresh from the garden.

Wearing: Here comes the rose! Rose quickly overpowers everything else in this blend. After about 20 minutes, I smell something odd wafting up from my arm. It is Chuparosa, now smelling enticingly like roses and... ass?

Final Impressions: Not so much.