Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Pearl Necklace

Orris root is about 85% a death note for me and I'm always a little nervous ordering something with it, but I had to give this one a shot. Loud, sweet pear, and it smells realistic at the forefront of my nose, but when I get a deeper inhale, ehhhh there's the orris root. We'll see how this develops over time. The honey, vanilla, cream, and musk are thoroughly blended and no one note really peeks out over another, it's just a very nice undercurrent to the pear. As long as I don't inhale too deeply, the orris root behaves, but I'm going to be giving this one side-eye for a while.

In the bottle: Very sweet pears. Something else that is nice but not obvious.

Wet: Glorious pears, the sweetness of honey, and a touch of powder from the orris.

Dry: This leads with a wonderfully ripe Bartlett pear backed by the honey. Underneath that is the powdery beauty that is orris, a hint of vanilla, and the sharpness of unaged musk. That sharpness does not put me off especially since a bit of time will cause it to settle.

Pearl Necklace is one of those "I'm buying it on priciple" perfumes since I work with pearls and love the artwork. I did have high hopes for it since orris tends to work for me and I love pears so much I eat them whole, seeds and all. I'm really thrilled to have my expectations exceeded and can't wait to see how it ages. This is backup worthy.

Very pear! I sort of forgot that there was going to be pear in this one, hoping for much honey, skin musk and orris root... And it's okay! Still very enjoyable, just more pear than I was expecting. I get more fruit sweet than I do from the honey. It lasts wonderfully on me, so I think one bottle might be enough but we'll see.

Beautiful, realistic pear. 

It's creamy and sweetened by the honey. The honey isn't HONEY, but it gives the blend a needed sweetness.

The orris is only slightly present, grounding the scent.

Honestly, this reminds me of a more delicate, sophisticated Perilous Parlor.

I am a sucker for raw honey & vanilla, so I was super excited for Pearl Necklace.  In the decant & when freshly applied, the pear was definitely in the forefront, with some musk & vanilla.  The pear seems fresh & juicy--I didn't notice a cream aspect to it. Even huffing, I couldn't identify the orris or the honey in the blend.

On my skin, it's dried down to a pleasant, sweet vanilla. The pear has super longevity in my scent locket, still the most noticeable note 8 hours later. 

I like it, but it isn't calling out for me to buy a full bottle. 

Honey with pear infused cream. Honey is the strongest on me, followed by the pear cream. I find it to be far more cream than pear, but it is noticeably pear. The cream is very sweet, especially in comparison to the honey. I can't pick out the vanilla or the skin musk on their own, but I think they're playing supporting roles to the cream and honey respectively. I don't get the orris root at all. Overall, a scent that's not as foodie as it may seem on paper, due to the raw honey and skin musk notes. A fair amount of sweet, vanilla and pear cream, but first and foremost a honey scent.

When first applied  I get Pear as the strongest note followed by a light honey, vanilla and skin musk. I don't get much cream at the moment but it may come out more with aging. The honey is light and not overpowering or too sweet and the skin musk and vanilla are also light and airy. I think that the skin musk and Orris stop this scent from heading into foodie territory on me.

This lasts for quite a long time on my skin and doesn't seem to morph over time. Someone else mentioned the Perilous Parlor which is actually an old favorite of mine and I think that this is like a lighter,  summery version of the Perilous Parlor on me. The Pearl Necklace is unique though, but I think that they're in the same scent family. I find the Pearl Necklace to be a light, airy vanilla and pear scent  😍 

On 3/25/2023 at 9:20 AM, saralaughs said:

Honestly, this reminds me of a more delicate, sophisticated Perilous Parlor.

Yes! 

I really loved The Perilous Parlor with its sweet pear and vanilla combination. Pearl Necklace is like a more sophisticated version, with delicate powdery orris and honey added to the mix. The pear is still the star of the show, and the other notes serve to accentuate its fruitiness, woodiness, and sweetness. Very pretty.

A fruity, fruity scent softened by an overlay of fluffy vanilla. The orris root doesn't come on strong on my skin, but contributes to an overall powdery softness. 

I was surprised by how fruity this is - I also forgot about the pear note! For me, the fruit note smells more pink than peary. 

Strong pear cream and honey! I usually find pear notes extremely watery and crisp but in this scent, the pear is very forward, definitely a pear cream. The honey is present but not overwhelming. I tend to find honey notes too strong but this is not strong at all. It adds a lovely, golden sweetness to the scent. The vanilla bean and orris root notes help to soften the edges of this, making it very light and fluffy, and a little bit powdery, but in a good way! 

I usually don't like bpal's pear blends because they're so sweet, artificial, and candied smelling to me, and I feared that this would be even sweeter and more unbearable with the orris, vanilla and honey.  I bought it because I liked the label, but it turned out to be one of my favorite Lupers.  Pearl Necklace is the freshest and most realistic pear.  It's a true, crisp, juicy, ripe pear with hints of rose and apple.  I grew up with an ancient pear tree in our yard and this smells like those fall pears tasted.  The hint of honey is seductive and warm, and the vanilla and orris are barely there, but definitely round out the scent into an elegant perfume with a sugared, powdery flair.