Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A sultry summer midnight: a honey-yellow amber moon hangs over an intoxicating cluster of honeysuckle and night-blooming jasmine.

I was hoping that The Mystic Moon would smell like true honeysuckle and jasmine flowers, but it's not quite as sweet or creamy as the real deal and it goes a bit soapy on my skin.  It has an edge that reminds me of sharp musk and a little of a sour, soapy quality.  It also doesn't smell like fresh flowers, but more like wilted, droopy, browning flowers, if that makes any sense.

The Mystic Moon is not what i was expecting. There's no white musk listed in the notes, but i can smell it...it renders this vague clean soapy powdery feeling. The jasmine is not shrieking and behaves well. I get a sense of a vaporous light cloud of jasmine floating atop of the amber clean white musk base.

This starts off strong on the honeysuckle on me, backed by the jasmine, and like theredkilt, I also feel like there might be some kind of white musk or something similar at play here? Over time, the jasmine overtakes the honeysuckle, but it isn't a super heady, indolic variety. I'm reminded of Eostre of the Dawn, if the sweet milk and skin musk were replaced with yellowed amber (which I do smell by the end of the day), so it's not as creamy as that scent.

I'm glad I got to try this, but I can't see myself reaching for it over Eostre of the Dawn.

In the imp this reminds me a bit of The Witch Queen. It has this somewhat purple tone, and a bottomless quality. Deep but not heavy. On my skin it gets much headier, it is very much about the jasmine! But is has this amber base that has slight clean facet for a bit of lift. Really makes me think of a full moon. 

At the earliest blush, this brings a golden-honeyed honeysuckle with a backing of shrill jasmine on me. 

After a moment or so, I find a pale, powdery thing I associate with white musk, and the flowers start to veer soapy. There's a soft, pleasant greenery trying to come out, like the fresh green touch to the jasmine of The Bindle. But I struggle to get past the strong, soapy flowers and powder to enjoy it.

I rarely wear florals anymore, so I'm not really the audience for this one. But it's also not the norm that a perfume gives me a headache... and this one is trying hard to buck that trend.

This is another one that reads on  me in a way that I would never expect from the description.  I'm not getting ANY of the listed notes, but instead, I'm getting something I'll call a lovely lunar aquatic.  How to describe it....watery blue night time flowers with a definite ocean note?  Not salty or dank, but bracing water.  Been wearing it the past two days and still trying to figure out how to describe it....

This is a rare scent where amber works in a way I like on me, and it's made me open to trying more scents with an amber note listed, though it's definitely a hit and miss note for me.

The jasmine and honeysuckle are both the rich smell of the flower in humid night air for me, but wafted a bit away from their original flowers and mingled in the air. There's a nectary scent to it, but not as strong as it would have been right up against the flowers. It's fresh though, even if the flowers are powerful in their scent. The amber brings a warm slightly resinous note to mingle with the flowers some and grounds it a bit and warming it up.

While this isn't my favorite jasmine yet, I do like how this mingles jasmine and honeysuckle, both of which I like quite a bit!