Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

You might keep an eye on the Lilliths. There tend to be a lot of light, sweet lavenders in those releases.

I know! Puppet Kitty is TEMPTING ME

i know, right? I'm usually resist the Lilith release, but Puppet Kitty caught my eye as well. Really cute idea.

i know, right? I'm usually resist the Lilith release, but Puppet Kitty caught my eye as well. Really cute idea.

I'm doing a decant circle once I have time to get the post up!

I'm doing a decant circle once I have time to get the post up!

I will totes jump on that thing. ;)

Lace Phoenix?

I asked this on Facebook and suggestions were Midnight on the Midway, but I seem to recall trying that in the first CD release and finding it soapy... and looking at reviews it may be too floral for me.

I love Lace’s beautiful, light, ethereal incense... it doesn’t go to soap on me and it’s not floral or headachey. It’s the only incense that’s ever worked on me, normally incense is too dry and woody on me (Mummies of Mexico City was dry, and not sweet enough as an example.) 

Mat Night - “The joy of wanton mischief: caramelized tobacco and slowly falling snow muffling the scent of a distant fire.

I found myself really liking the Mat Night scent but that is obviously no longer available. Any suggestions on something that might match that one that is readily available?

58 minutes ago, Mister Azure said:

Mat Night - “The joy of wanton mischief: caramelized tobacco and slowly falling snow muffling the scent of a distant fire.

I found myself really liking the Mat Night scent but that is obviously no longer available. Any suggestions on something that might match that one that is readily available?

I have not smelled Mat Night, so I'm just going off the notes and the reviews.

Le Lethe and Santa Domingo are CG scents and both have tobacco with a sort of buttery warmth I associate with caramel, although they don't have that specific note listed, and they'd be missing the bonfire and snow note, but maybe you could layer it?  I know Le Lethe in particular makes me think of caramel.

Tiresias, The Androgyne has both caramel and tobacco as listed notes, and I seem to remember it being gender neutralish?  Appropriately.  :)

And you might possibly try finding The Second Morning After Christmas.  It was one of the Baker Street blends.  It didn't have caramel, but it had a tobacco note similar to Hearth's, along with a bit of chilly snow and smoke.  

Hi there!

Is there anything like The Ninth Cage from The Last Unicorn? 

Not a GC, but Alleviate the Frenzy reminds me very much of Monsterbait Underpants for some reason.

Is there anything out there a bit like Insects from the Crimson Peak line? I am DISO but in the meantime...