Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sugar Cookie Cathedral

This is everything I hoped for. Right now, in its fresh state I get mostly fresh woody Cathedral with a slight background of sweetness and sugar. It's sort of a burnt or brown sugar incense.

Edit: I just remembered what this reminded me of: Halloween in Innsmouth. Not the fishy part, but the incense plus baked goods.

Edited by patina

To me this smells exactly like it is described.  Soft wafts of incense, a slight and subtle touch of smoke from candles burning, the warmth of old wood, and sugar cookies being gobbled up, while giggling in the back pews.  

I finally love my aged Cathedral bottle, after years of finding the GC scent offputting. Now, I find the Sugar Cookie variant offputting. This is probably a personal thing, it's just reading strange in like a. Cthonic way. Like this gives me the same unsettled feeling as smelling Magnificent Dreams of Cthulu in Love. Perhaps that is intentional, as sneaking sugar cookies in a cathedral should make you feel a little unsettled and sacrilegious.

In any case, I'm not really getting a sweet cookie note from Sugar Cookie Cathedral. Nor am I getting the incense and old wooden church pews of Cathedral. Blindly smelling, I might have guessed actually at some animalic leather combined with wood polish and dust. It's atmospheric but in a funky attic way to me. It's not very sweet at all to me! A big surprise after Sugar Cookies and a Popcorn Garland was a huge sugar bomb.

I would like to smell this along with fresh Cathedral, because to me, it's nothing like aged Cathedral, and nothing like aged Sugar Cookie. It didn't work out for me, but I think it's definitely worth trying to see if that atmospheric combo works for you if it sounds interesting.

Sugar Cookie Cathedral, freshly applied on my skin, is a buttery sugar cookie with something like a faint, half-hearted wood polish beneath. While wet, the blend continues on this course... and it smells a bit like something is missing. While I wait for Cathedral's base notes to better emerge, I also keep thinking I smell a whiff of glue with the wood polish.

Much later, I find that the incense has finally emerged, but the cookie has mostly vanished on my skin by that point. For me, at least, this one is Sugar Cookie... and later Cathedral, rather than Sugar Cookie Cathedral.

I was having a Sugar Cookie Cathedral kind of day recently (fun and laughter with sprinklings of ritual and internal emotional work), and I was so pleased to have this blend with me to wear! 
I enjoyed the mix of resins & sweet, though it was hard to explain the overall effect. Definitely get some frankincense and wood, sugared up in a tasteful manner, as in it didn’t make me hungry or feel too youthful for profound occasions.

A little after I applied (and forgotten), someone in passing commented “mmm smells like palo Santo in here…” I shrugged and looked around, realizing an hour later that I was the smell bearer. 

If you need some coziness during your spell working, or a reminder that you are supported in times of trial, if you want to be purified with loving laughter or feel sparkling under scrutiny… this blend does the trick. Feels appropriate for Aquarius season, too! 

Very glad I got decants of the full Sugar Cookie set, or I would have skipped this beauty. 

I've never really liked GC Cathedral because I think it smells like wood polish, but I love foodie/sweet incense scents, so I went for this.

The sugar cookie note is the main part of the scent, and the frankincense in Cathedral comes through with a little bit of wood. The effect of the sugar cookie sweetness with the notes in Cathedral gives this a hint of worn leather. 

A bit incensey, a bit more sweet, moderately warm and almost vintage vibes. Very nice, and deceptively simple. Reminds me of a lighter, watered-down The Other Miss Forcible.

Mmm. In the bottle I was afraid this would be too foodie/sweet for my taste, but almost as soon as it’s applied the sugar cookie is subtly balanced by incensey goodness. This blend is cozy, sultry, and sweet. Exactly what I was hoping for!

Smoky incense and burnt caramelized sugar. It's a sweeter incense than normal. If that's what you're looking for, this one scratches that itch. Medium throw and wear length.

Sweet sugar cookies and incense smoke and candles, with a very slight hint of spice. I've never smelled OG Cathedral so can't really say how much this differs from it, but I'd say it definitely calls up images of sneaking cookies in church (and I was never a churchgoer). I only took one Cookie from this year's Box, and am glad it was this one.

Husband's commentary on me wearing it: "Ooh you smell good. What eez dees?" Me: "sugar cookies and incense" Him: "If you say so!"

In the bottle: sweet incense sticks

Wet: more incense that starts off kind of sharp and sweet and begins to shift spicy, along with some woodsiness and I'm pretty sure I smell candlewax. It doesn't really smell like sugar cookies at this stage though.

Dry: a more nuanced powdery soft incense that's a bit sweet, a bit spicy, and there's that wood but now it's smelling a bit more resiny than it did in the wet stage. There's the barest hint of cookies in the background, but the kind that aren't particularly sweet. The sweetness seems entirely attached to the incense. As it dries down even more it develops a perfume-y quality that banishes any notion that this could be a foodie scent, despite the name. It also doesn't feel particularly holiday/winter season-y; I think one could definitely get away with wearing this on dark, gloomy days and at night throughout the year. 

Edited by Beary Strange

This is mostly a brown sugary syrup on me on a bed of woods. The syrupy sugar reigns throughout, although Cathedral's frankincense has gained some strength after several hours of wear. 

I do think this is nicer than straight up Cathedral, but I do not think it's something I would choose to wear... not when there's Sugar Cookie Snow White to choose.

I do want some Okinawa (brown sugar) milk tea now, though. 

To me this was the lightest of the sugar cookies I tried, at least in terms of white sugar vs brown sugar. It blends so well with the incense. Cozy sweet incense.  If you love the cakes and incense combo of All Souls, this is for you.