Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Innocent Souls Turned Carrion Birds

this gives me Shadow vibes. Labdanum is the strongest note. It's spicy and sweet, it doesn't go into root beer territory like it sometimes can. It has the sweet spiciness that some root beers have, without going full root beer. The sandalwood is providing a woody base that makes the labdanum behave. The grey musk is hanging around being a gauzey mist of musk that sometimes appears in front and sometimes behind. 

Edited by biggnerd

Very sheer, almost like a shroud. The sandalwood is sharp, & reminds me of The Sun Rising. But it's tolerable, & I like the labdanum. It will have to age to get more throw & depth, I think. I can barely smell it.

Edited by Rane.

For this blend the strongest note I get is the Labdanum. While I do get the sandalwoods they are mostly in the background to the Labdanum and the musk is non existent for me at the moment. This scent LASTS. When I first applied it in the morning to test it out I could still smell it by the end of the day. It also has some decent throw as well, I would say medium.  As for the actual scent Id say this is a unisex scent, that anyone could wear its also warm and I agree with the post before me that its very shroud like. Its like a fuzzy dark shroud. The Labdanum is the one to blame Id say, noticing that in other blends I have with it it has a similar effect. While there's no coconut, it has a scent profile very similar to my nose to coconut which again I feel the Labdanum is to blame.

A potent shimmering gray musk over sandalwood and spicy, slightly cola labdanum. 

Something sweetens this, something smells a bit floral, and something also gives a whistling high pitch of a scent when I first apply it -- the last reminds me of petitgrain.

In drying, Innocent Souls turns quite powdery on me, and I wonder if there's some white musk and/or orris contributing.

This is not my style of scent, but it adeptly suits the concept.