Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

A Noiseless Patient Spider

Strands of night-speckled iris, soft lavender, ti leaf, and white sandalwood, tremulous with dew and green cognac, against a warm backdrop of bourbon vetiver, tonka, myrrh, and cardamom.

I love this scent. It's the ti leaf that makes Ti Leaf & Champaca Petals and Bugbear Doula so perfect for me, but deepened, sweetened by cardamom, bourbon vetiver, tonka, and sandalwood. The lavender is barely there. It all comes together so beautifully. 

ETA: I will add that the one downside is that it’s more interesting when wet and the dry down seems to lose some of the individual notes and become more generic sweetness. 

Edited by Seajewel

this one was so subtle & light when it showed up that i wasn't sure if i'd ever use it.

however, i can now say that as it's sat, it has developed into something quite smooth and lovely.

this is predominantly a sandalwood scent. very calming, grounded, peaceful. 

kinda love it.

this starts with lavender and ti leaf with something sort of toasted in the background. not sure what that is. then it gets a bit greener- i am getting the dew and cognac with a hint of cardamom. it's cool and floral and green primarily. later in the drydown i get the tonka which warms up the scent a lot. this perfume goes through many stages while also keeping the same characteristic mood. it's pretty and calming, and eventually dries down to a soft perfume that has a vintage feel to me.

Edited by theseagrows

This is far sweeter, warmer, and more uniform than I was expecting. It has a misty, ephemeral quality, with the subtle effervescence I get from cognac. I favor the darker base notes, and hope the myrrh and tonka in particular come out more as it ages. Nice, but elusive in its present form.

Edited by Rayleigh

I love most all the notes here, with the exception of myrrh. Their interplay is interesting. The lavender here was of the minty, cold, herbal variety. The combination of vetiver and cardamom came across as bitter, so the green cognac smells more like a liqueur, like a nocino. There's sugar in the booze, but it's driven by something bittersweet and woody, almost anise but more resinous. Soft and close to the skin.

This one took me on an interesting scent journey. It leads with the iris, lavender and cognac, which creates a gossamer sort of effect. Then I get more of the "warm backdrop" from the sandalwood, vetiver and tonka, and some sweetness from ti leaf as well. After it dries, it ends up in a soft resinous place for me. A contemplative blend with low throw. 

This is lightly boozey, with a lace-like note, dusky florals, lavender, and a soft wood/incense like background.

I enjoy the dry down more than the initial wet phase. I feel like this will age well. 

*I’m attempting to consider and review perfumes without pouring over other reviews or even looking at notes

Minty lavender. That's basically all it smelled like on my skin. Might just be a skin chemistry fail on my end, will update the next time I wear this if anything changes.

It's a good scent, it just didn't turn out like I expected. I was hoping for lots of the iris but I got more lavender instead. And I wasn't expected it to smell minty at all, but it worked really well and ended up becoming a super calming scent. 

I'm surprised that some people aren't getting lavender from this blend because it's almost all lavender on me.  Sweet, cool, slightly powdery lavender (bpal's white sandalwood always turns to baby powder on my skin, so that's probably the powder).  I get a teeny hint of cardamom's warm, smooth spiciness and more of the baby powdery sandalwood in the drydown, but it's mostly lavender until it starts to fade quickly around the half hour mark.  I can't smell it at all after it's been on for an hour.

I adore the name of this scent because in my own home we live in harmony with patient spiders. Sometimes they make their homes on a kitchen windowsill, and sometimes on the bathtub ledge. I bid them a hello and a merry morning and thank them for their service in keeping our home ant free. They ask for so little in return, just a happy little ledge to make their abode, in a place where they get sunshine in the day and a dark recess at night. 

This blend is so comforting to me. I do get the lavender and along side of it on my wrist some snuggley vetiver. At this stage it reminds me of a more gentle You Are Not Alone. Perhaps from the softer patient voice of the little spider on my window sill who guards my home from encroaching critters  like a little candlelight symbolically casting off evil. Just a benevolent little friend taking care of me. The cardamom is just *barely there* for me. I agree the cognac adds a lace like effect, weaving in and out of the scent profile like my little friend and his web. Lovely. 

Dries down to a soft blanket  draping the wrist of sandalwood and tonka. 

Such a nice blend. Thank you. 

Edited by Missanneshirleyofgg