Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Vanilla Cream and Pear

Delicate and feminine. The vanilla is very light, not the bolder variety often found in the Yule and Luper blends.  More pear than vanilla once it dries down - it's straight up fruit when it's fresh out of the bottle, but the cream makes it settle into more of a golden pear syrup impression with time - sweet, but not tooth-achingly so. I bet you could dress this up with a spicy scent like Kobold Barista to give it a cool-weather/holiday twist.

Wet: Shockingly.. vanilla and pear! More pear than vanilla. The pear smells very fresh, like biting into a pear and getting a big whiff of vanilla along with it. Something smells borderline floral or maybe "green" in here as well.

Dry: Okay, so comparing this to both The Vine and The Perilous Parlor - this has the most prominent pear scent out of the three, and smells the most "fresh". The pear is MUCH more dominant over the vanilla here, and I'm still getting that faint floral/green note in the background. 

IMO, as a pear lover, this is worth it even if you own the other scents mentioned. 

Yep, it’s creamy and beautiful vanilla pear. Sometimes cream smells salty to me, but not here; coupled with that ripe, juicy pear it is smooth. And not spicy pear, either, thank goodness. At one point I got a very sharp scent of something unexpected—my brain went, Whoa. Sarsaparilla? Licorice?? But by the time I was trying to label that note, it was gone.

This is really pretty, light and delicate, and exactly what it says it is - a sweet vanilla cream nestled into juicy pear. It feels like a springtime scent to me, pale green and creamy white, and soft. It absolutely vanished on my skin, though, within just a few minutes - I'm glad I got a bottle, because I don't have many pear scents, but I suspect I'm going to go through it fast!

This is a very lovely light creamy vanilla on me. I don't get much pear at all, but still, it's delightful. Hoping the pear will come out more after it settles (I tested it straight out of the mail). If you like Antique Lace or FLFC, you'll love this! 

Edited by Sjofn
Added note about when I tested it

This cream note does not work for me. I get a synthetic cream and a whiff of pear, but it smells sort of plasticky to me. It's got almost no staying power on me. After about 10 minutes, I can barely smell this.

I don’t know why, but the pear, I think, goes very musky on me. It still identifiable as pear and the vanilla cream is there, but I also feel like items something my grandmother wore. It was terribly strong on the powdery musk when I first tried, and after letting it rest a good while, if has decreased, yet still very much part of my experience. 
A sad miss for me, as I really wanted just a simple and delicious vanilla pear scent. 

Smells like banana Laffy Taffy when wet (I'm weirdly into that??) but dries down to a very light creamy vanilla and a big dollop of juicy green pear. I agree with zanzoku - this one does smell synthetic and bit plasticky. This works as simple springtime scent, if you're okay with taking a chance on that inside-of-a-candy-bucket smell. Same family as Game Over, and a happy addition to the "weird candy" side of my collection.

In the bottle, it's recognizable as pear. On my skin... rootbeer?? This is Sustained Boos without the aldehyde, and the rootbeer I always wanted from outlaw. I'm so confused! 

This is a vanilla cream made with the Lab's French vanilla, like the one in Love's Philosophy, but it is much, much lighter here and accompanied by a pear that isn't candy-like like the one in The Perilous Parlor (which I feel happens with most pear scents to my nose). I don't get root beer from this, but those that are smelling sarsaparilla, it's due to that French vanilla in the cream note.

I like this, but it stays too close to the skin for me, sadly.

I passed on this originally because I assumed I would not want a pear scent, but now a year later, this decant is giving me all the heady French Vanilla goodness with just a touch of pear. Serious root beer float vibes.