Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Wild Rose & Dandelion Sap

While this is not a scent I'd typically go for (I'm usually all about the resins) I'm so glad I did. It's gorgeous and truly wild, like a rose garden that is lovingly tended but also left to follow its own whims. This is a true, fresh, vividly blooming rose, dew-spangled, with a fresh, green scent twining joyfully around the floral notes.

This is really, really pretty at the start. A green, dewey smell, well-balanced with a light, but somewhat perfumy rose. On my skin, the dewiness starts to go a little soapy, but it's still very nice. Very freshly showered rose. It's simple, feminine, and clean and strikes me as a perfect rose blend for casual summer days. After about 20 mins, the dandelion is full center stage, and the rose has been freshly showered off. At this point, it's pleasant, but not something I would wear. 

The earlier stages remind me of a less fussy Asses Plus Long but they're also plenty different. If you are a rose lover who does well with mist and dewey notes, check this one out. 

There's a big burst of milky dandelion sap and greenery combining with the wild rose at first (which is kind of tart and definitely wild and not the kind of rose you'd find at a florist), and I'm here for it. Then the rose note ends up overtaking the dandelion sap for some time and smelling a little off on me (my skin chemistry has been doing questionable things to some rose scents lately), but eventually it calms down and it is a well-balanced combo of dandelion sap and (a much softer) wild rose again (that's slightly more dandelion sap forward on me).

I'll be retesting this in a few weeks to see if I still experience that funky middle phase or not. I'm really enjoying the dandelion sap in this, though, so I would love to see that note pop up more often (preferably in a flormand scent)! :D 

Fresh stemmy dandelion sap and pink roses. Honestly, this reminds me to Red Rose with that rose + fresh stem smell, but instead of being RED, its pink. This is definitely a pink rose, and its gentler and sweeter than the red. But with that fresh green stem goodness. Medium throw and wear length.

This one really does nail the wild rose note PERFECTLY--they used to grow by my Mom's old house.  The dandelion sap is NOT overwhelming, nor is it overly "field of mowed dandelions."  Rather, it's a big of bright greenness and sunshine.  This is a very fresh, alive scent; early summer in a bottle.

The rose in this is very much a fresh rose -- light, juicy, and reads as pink to me. There's a bit of greenish dandelion behind it that comes out more after drydown and the rose (which goes a little intense and jammy, for lack of a better word, on my skin) calms down. Overall, very fresh, dewy summer florals. It fades fast on me, and I'm not sure I'd reach for this often enough to justify a full bottle, but will hold onto my decant.

A rose scent with a lot of greenery to it. The dandelion sap almost has a linen quality to it, but reminds me more of crushed flower stems, very green and sap-y. A little to meadow-y for my tastes, but I prefer more red rose scents.

This leans clean on me, but never turns outright soapy.  I love dandelions and let them grow freely in my yard from early to mid-summer.  My father was a stickler for removing weeds and having a perfect lawn and gardens, but I loved dandelions as a child (I think all children do) and still love them in my 30s.  I try to have a mix of babied native plants and flowers and let 'weeds' and wildflowers join the mix as well.  This reminds me of the aesthetic of my yard.  Sunny and cheerful, with the herbal-ish bite of dandelion greens, mixed with fresh, dewy roses that are a little scrappy and holding their own.  A mix of greens, 'weeds,' and hardy flowers.

Strong pink roses, their green leaves, and, after a while, a drizzle of golden sap. 

I need to zoom in on the sap, though, because the pink roses are quite potent on me.

Very pink rose heavy, it's not until it softens during the dry down that I'm able to detect the sweet grassy dandelion sap. It's perfumey and clean, close to linen actually.

I wanted to like this more because I thought the dandelion sap would be stronger than the roses. Still lovely, though! I just hope that rose note fades some because what I can smell of the dandelion sap is beautiful.

This smells just like the name says.  To me the rose is stronger than the dandelion sap, but there is definitely a balance going on.  Very pretty rose scent.  Basically if these notes sound good to you, I don't think you'll be disappointed (haven't read the previous reviews yet, though).