Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I was super excited about this one, as I love cherries, I love sugar, and I love Snake oil. The best of the trifecta huh?

Wet- the cherries and simple sugar stand out. The sugar is very sharp, almost off-putting. Like when you accidentally pour simple sugar on yourself. No snake oil. 

Dry, I can detect the snake oil, with a cherry fluffy cloud. I'm gonna put this aside and let it do it's snake oil thing. I may spring for a bottle, and let it age, But it's not blowing me away. But the initial blast does oddly remind me of an exploding squib.

Cherries, simple syrup and a whiff of snake oil. As it dries, you get the Snake Oil musk, vanilla, and spices. So it ends up as a very cherry heavy version of Snake Oil. Medium throw and wear length.

A gory ejaculation IS CORRECT. I want to bathe in this scent; the cherries and simple syrup are a fantastic compliment to the snake oil. They, incidentally hit you right out of the bottle and the snake oil IS there but it's very subtly hiding. As it dries, the snake oil, musk, and vanilla get much more prevalent but the cherry is super present. I adore it. It's very cherry heavy, which is great because I'm a sucker for cherries. 

agree with others about this being VERY cherry forward. Its a nice cherry, and doesn't do the cough syrup thing on me but right now I can only *barely* get Snake Oil peeking through at the very end (4ish hours). I think it will age beautifully, though, so im happy I got a bottle. 

In the decant: So. Much. Cherry. And sugar. Like the syrup in cherry cordial. What Snake Oil?

On my skin: 

Wet, it's still very cherry syrup, but at least I can detect the Snake Oil underneath. As it dries, however, the cherry-on-crack quality subsides so it's cherries and soft sugar over Snake Oil. 

Huh. About half an hour later, and it's gone very sweet powdery on me... almost like O. It's not quite the same as that, but it's more reminiscent of O (at least at this stage) than it is of any other Snake Oil blend I've ever tried.  

Another hour, and it's still slightly cherry O. I've checked the label twice. Clearly, my skin chemistry is doing something weird with this blend. It's not unpleasant, but it's not at all what I was anticipating from this blend. 

I'm maybe going to set this down, wait two weeks, then test it again. 

Wet: Maraschino cherries.  I love maraschino cherries, but I'm not sure I wanted that as a single note.  It takes a while, but ultimately I get some Snake Oil poking its usually not very shy head out.  The later drydown is a delicious mix of cherry and SO, but it wears close to the skin, whereas I'm used to SO having more sillage.  If you love cherry and Snake Oil, it's hard to go wrong here.   

Wet: The same cherry note as Zombie Moon (so I'm thinking marachino cherries), some sugar, and Snake Oil. Sugary sweet cherry Snake Oil. Sounds good to me!

Dry: The dry down is a bit.. odd on me. It smells like powdered cherry kool aid - minus the sugar. Almost a tiny bit plastic-y? All that, plus a little Snake Oil.

I'll probably hold on to my little decant to see how it ages, but right now.. not a keeper.

VERY sweet, almond-like cherries over snake oil. Super juicy maraschino cherries!

I really like this while wet because the cherry notes is strong and amazing, but as it dries the cherries fade pretty quickly to just a sweet wisp and then it's basically just snake oil. And I like snake oil, but I have a bottle of snake oil if I want to smell like just snake oil.

I really wanted to love this one, because I am always on the hunt for cherry scents that hold true to pair with my Dragon Bouffant HG. But sadly, this is not a bottle upgrade for me.

In the vial, I get lots of maraschino cherry that almost verges on cherry tootsie pop. However, on me, that quickly changes into tons of simple syrup with the cherries, and it reminds me of cherry cordials, which I am not a fan of. The cherry note gets fainter over time as the simple syrup declares dominion over the other notes, with the Snake Oil playing a background role.

I think this could be good in a scent locket or on someone that doesn't amp the simple syrup as much.

I've never been as enchanted with vanilla Snake Oil as a lot of posters on the forums -- there's usually something about it that's too heavy for my skin, which means it struggles to properly unfold and stays closer to its out of the bottle smell more than anything else.

That said, it hasn't stopped me from trying to sample new combinations of Snake Oil. I received this one in a blind bag buy, and I have to say ... I kind of love it! It starts out as maraschino cherries, as everyone else has described, with a hint of the dense vanillic/almond tang of Snake Oil underneath. As it dries down the simple syrup and cherry give the normally dense Snake Oil a 'fluffy' feeling (for lack of a better description). This really opens up the scent and lets me finally smell  that gorgeous Snake Oil ... now I can finally see what the fuss is about. :)

This is probably for people like me who 1. like cherries in sugar, 2. find regular Snake Oil or even honeyed Snake Oil blends to be generally stubborn about drying/having much throw, and who don't mind a sweeter, lighter blend of it. I can see the strong cherry beginning being offputting to people who aren't fans. I also find that this doesn't have a huge amount of lasting power before I have to reapply.

Reading the previous reviews, I feel like they all nail it from different perspectives. Like, I could point to parts of each one, and totally identify with what they notice; yet, at the same time, put all of them in a tornado, to get a different spin (ha, pun intended), and I get an upside down reflection. I don't even know how this is one of the more confusing Snake Oil blends. Cherries are usually so simple.

Wet: this feels like a black cherry on vacation. Like, visiting Morocco, sultry, slightly sweating from the heat, maybe sipping on some warm wine. That's mostly the evocative part. But it smells like a spicy cherry with a bit of sex in it. If you didn't tell me this had Snake Oil in it, there's no way I would have guessed. Weirdly enough, at the same time, this also kinda smells like a fruity wine or liqueur that has sat out too long and gone off. My nose is getting wires crossed with sexy vs. "something has gone off". Sexy is definitely towards the wet phase, and perhaps overly ripe fruit is more prevalent during drydown.

It finally settles into this bright cherry (hogtied) in the backseat of a weird Snake Oil taxi. This is definitely a weirdo on me, and I don't know if it's the cherry doing it's usual disappearing act, or perhaps simple syrup stealing the show, and I'm inexperienced with simple syrup on me.

This imp was one of my favorites from a swap. I put it on right away, because it smelled like cherry, sugary snake oil. YUM. Sadly, this caused my first ever BPAL skin reaction. There must be some cinnamon hiding in there!? I haven't had any reactions with any other Snake Oil or its variants, but I can tell you it smells delicious and I will be putting it in my scent locket!!!