Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Oisin

A legendary warrior bard from Irish lore and a renowned member of the Fianna. His saga is detailed in two of the four great Cycles of Celtic legend: the Fenian and Ossianic Cycles. A lyric, wistful blend of summertime Irish blossoms and herbs, glistening with vibrant white musk.

.... Damn it, you mean I could of bought a bottle of this at one point?

*snap*

Oisin is nice, a very musky fragrance with a pinch of floral. I found it interesting and couldn't stop sniffing my arms. I noticed Oisin didn't smell like anything in particular when I applied, but the scent became a bit stronger once the oil mingled with my skin. It got a bit stronger, almost a wee spicy, after eating Chinese food (which is odd), and the staying power was fairly good for a light blend. I think it lasted about three hours.

It's a lovely fragrance that's fantastically unisex. It's a pity I didn't get a free imp of this from the Lab when the scent was still available, but I'm glad to have the impie now, which I shall use ever-so-sparingly.

I wish I could identify the florals. They reminded me of the "white flowers" note from BPAL's descriptions. I did make a correct guess in Oisin having white musk.

-doreen Edited by Shollin

Bottle: Musk, but very green, light, and refreshing musk. And do I detect a hint of mint?

First on: Very soft and seductive. Pretty traditionally masculine, although I often wear the boyish colognes.

Dry: It faded fast on me, though, leaving behind only a faint, fresh sweetness.

Overall: Good! I would have considered big-bottling this if it wasn't a discontinued LE.

intersting… a very crystaline white musk that merges very well with the floral scents. Its slightly soapy, but not enough to be offputting, plus I just got out of the shower…on second application the soapy scent wasn't there leaving just the crystal musk and floral undertones. I think i'm going to keep this around and see how it grows on me.

side note... this has me waiting for Finn or CuChulainn or jsut about anything from the irish cycles.

In the bottle: slightly powdery herbs and flowers.

Wet: The oily scent of white musk, with the same flower/herbs combination coming through. There's a herb in there in particular that I can't place but that I know, ack.

Drydown: The musk has become very light and is letting through various fresh herby scents, like crushed grass. Some of them smell a little tart and citrusy, perhaps even a little minty, and they're not particularly sweet, but that's the best I can do describing them. They do remind me of summertime, herbs warmed by the sun. There's a soapy quality to it, though, as is often the case with me when I wear white musk. It also becomes sweeter, a sort of shrill, heady sweetness that reminds me - eep - of floral toilet deodoriser.

Overall: It's very evocative of a warm summer day in a garden, with the herbs warming up and letting off their scent around you, as you laze around. It's softly sensual, possibly inspiring, and very green. However, I feel that this is more of a men's blend. The herbs smell masculine and a little bit feral, and I can't help but think that this would fare better on a man, specially as their skin wouldn't amp the sweet notes like mine does. Nice, though, before it goes all sweet.

Edited by Meg

Quite nice! Definitely the white musk of Dorian, with fresh, light florals--not flowery, more like the breeze from a flowery field rather than the flower itself. It's not making me lust for more, my imp-and-a-half should do just fine--but it may be getting a lot of play over the summer when I'd like something that makes me feel like I'm outdoors!

Many, many thanks to the great forumite that presented me with this beauty! :P Upon application, it is a bit like (gasp!) Irish Spring, but it dries down quickly to a bunch of complex fresh florals and clean white musk. It reminds me of Zephyr without the citrusey bite. I think this is a great scent for DH and me to roll in together in the warmer months to come. :D

I have sniffed this in the bottle for such a long time and not tried it. It almost smelled too male and I was a bit afraid. At first it was super-strong-man-sex smell, in a good way :P but after a second it quieted down and it was still too manly but I wanted to make out with own arm :D (where is my husband at?...) A few minutes later it lightened up considerably and while it still smelled dead sexy, it was more gender neutral.

I adore this, I need more bottles for me, and for my sweet husband who doesn't realize that his wife is about to don her perfume sniper costume and attack him.

Oh shit. I'm in love with a discontinued.

Oisin is beautiful. It's all herbs and musk in the imp, but on my skin a sweet, creamy base comes out to play with the herbs. It makes me think of Dorian, but greener. After ten minutes or so, it's a little aquatic and masculine, and still unbelievably gorgeous. Gah.

In the imp: Soft and green. It 's mossy and herby. A lot of other reveivers have said it's a masculine scent, but it doesn't seem overly masculine to me.

On my skin: Very faint and lovely. It fades very quickly though. Part of me wants to try to track down a bottle, but I would have to reapply it every five minutes to keep it strong enough.

Soft, green, but perfumey and ..musky. I feel like I have smelled this before. It feels familiar but it's subtle. It does not last very long on the skin. And though some say it's masculine, it may be an aftershave I remember... but it is not masculine per say. I think it just smells like one some people are familiar with. A guy could wear this, to be sure. But so could a woman.

Oisìn - This is a truly lovely, lovely fragrance. It is full of white musk, light, and post-rainstorm fresh air that abounds with the scent of Irish flowers and greenery. The florals are wispy, ethereal, soft and gentle, yet there's nothing shy about it. The throw is moderate, as it stays fairly close to my skin, but I can smell it without shoving my nose down my cleavage! While many reviewers claim this is a predominantly masculine scent, I can't imagine my husband wearing this. On me, it's incredibly feminine. I imagine myself wearing this on special occasions when I want to smell sophisticated, sexy, and yet very feminine and pretty. It's such a pretty scent. When I've used up my imp, I will do everything in my power to hunt down more of this, even if it means paying an outrageous price on eBay. I don't say that about many fragrances -- that's how much I love it!

bottle:

musky, light

wet:

herbal, a little citrusy, and some light musk

dry:

lemony, hint of herbs…

overall:

really nice! I'll savour my little imp of this…

rating: 8/10

Bottle: fresh green herbal.

Wet: a sharpness to the green, almost aquatic-sharp.

Dry: both sharper and growing somewhat powdery. :P I wish the musk would make more of an appearance, though.

Later: interesting, fresh ... and transparent like the edges of a mirage - a shimmering green dream.

Well, now I know for sure. On me, this was sweet and fresh and clean for like a minute, and then raging, cloying, terribly sweet musk. So all those scents that kept getting ruined by going too sweet were definitely due to musk. Blast.

On the bright side, Oisin on my husband smells like the most divinely fresh Irish Spring soap you ever smelled, with only a hint of musk. Within five minutes of trying this on, he had kidnapped my imp and demanded more.

Lose some, win some. :P

In Bottle: Herbal and perfumey

On Skin: Wow! Not what I expected! This has to be one of the most unique BPAL blends I have ever smelled. Amazing job Beth!! I can now see what all the fuss about this scent is about… I want more too!! But not for me, I’m thinking it’s much more masculine and I’d LOVE this on my husband. I made him smell it and he thinks it’s a bit soapy for his tastes but after me exclaiming how much I love it, it’s growing on him as well. It’s all about the white musk. I am so in love with white musk. The herbs are soft and buttery rather than being medicinal which really makes my day. The blossoms are soft as well so this isn’t an overly floral scent. I am goo-goo over this… it’s my 2nd favorite masculine scent after The Bow & Crown of Conquest. Sadly it has SUPER light throw and the wearlength is pretty short. Hard to slather this one when I only have ½ an imp of it…

I mostly smell white musk and misty herbs. This is lovely, very sweet and gentle. I'm probably not going to hoard it because I don't wear this kind of scent often, but I think I will keep my one imp.

this smells very green with a touch of golden light and earth, but not in the 'dirt' sense. it's calming and pretty and smells a bit grassy too. it's reminding me of something else that i cannot quite place right now. at the beginning wet stage, i thoughti sensed something aquatic, but i am not getting that anymore. it does smell very cologne-y at first though.

Hrm...in the bottle and on me....a masculine scent

Not in your face manly musk like Geek <grins> but something that is borderline on the masculine side.

It's a very "light" musk...I could see a guy wearing this in spring. With the right chemistry I can definatly see some women wearing this also.

I can get a hint of floral and green with alot of the white musk. I definatly wish my husband wore purfume :P

Herbal sweet musk. I was initially scared off by this scent, because I was unsure just how flowery "Irish blossoms" would be. Now I know they are fresh grassy herbal smelling. Damn.

In the bottle:

sweet, delicious musk

On me:

I have to agree that this is sort of a manly blend, but yet I find myself wanting to wear it anyways. I think this is completely comforting, like a warm flannel blanket, cozy kind of way.

I only get the tiniest little hint of floral, and it's just barely there - like you're in the woods and catch just a whiff of flowers on the wind. It's mostly a sweet musky blend with an herbal/woodsy quality to it. It's damn sexy. It's very "warm" smelling to me and slightly spiced and sweet with just a hint of herbal smell. Beautiful.

Final note:

I had no idea this was going to be so sexy. I would love to smell this on my husband, but I'm enjoying wearing it too because it makes me feel cozy and comfortable. I love this so much, I am so happy to have a bottle!

This is a very soft, subtle, smooth, sweet blend. The white musk is on top on my skin; it's a very innocent and clean musk note. The herbs and florals are all perfectly blended to form the under current. This is a light green scent for me, and I think it would be sexy on either male or female. It's so soft, I really thought there was an amber note in there somewhere. It has that kind of powdery effect on me that sometimes happens with amber blends.

I like this one, but not enough to wear regularly.

I was so very happy to be able to obtain Oisin in an Ebay auction. :D Musk is my favorite note and I had heard that it had musk in it so when I had the chance to bid on it, I did. I am so happy with it too. It is a very soft musk with spicy tones that makes me feel very feminine and sexy. Every once in a while I get a little whiff of floral or even amber. It was worth every penny I spent on it! I am one happy girl and it got two thumbs up from my hubby. :P

Oh wow this is great stuff! I read the reviews and have been on a musk kick lately so I chased down a partial, and now I don't know whether to be thrilled or concerned as I have given myself a dragon to chase....

Wet, it is slightly sweet and has a green edge to it, it is almost tangy. But within seconds of hitting my skin it softens and rounds out and gets mellow and sweet and musky. It is so hard to explain this scent. If this scent were a "thing," it would be a completely comfortable pair of pjs or maybe the perfect pair of jeans, that are comfortable to the point of being perfect but are effortlessly sexy. This is a feel-great-and-easy scent.

Now I get to pray that someday it comes back. :P