Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
friendthegirl

Frost Moon

The chill, crystal-bright Full Moon that is harbinger to the death of the year, and a monument to the snowy, dead months to come. A blend of traditional lunar oils frozen with winter mints, shivering eucalyptus, clear lotus, a gust of wind, and a midnight aquatic note.

I finally got my bottle open and I can finally try this.

The scent that I'm getting most of is mint, but it's not terribly strong the way envy was. I think I also smell eucalyptus in the background. This has the same "winter flower" smell that I pick up in Ice Queen and Snow White.

I'm still waiting for the drydown period for this, but with the mint and the light floral smell that I'm picking up, it feels very cool.

So far, I like this, mostly because the mint isn't overpowering.

The mint is so gentle in Frost Moon -- it's like being kissed by someone who has just eaten a candy cane, or put on some of that Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm! If there is eucalyptus in this it is blended in so well that it only adds the slightest bit of volume to the mint.

There are several distinct layers in Frost Moon...in the bottle you get that swirl of minty breath, that quickly dissipates. When applied it remains for awhile but within an hour the mint is gone on me and the other notes begin to come out.

I wonder what the traditional lunar oils are, as I swear there's something fruity in this blend. Perhaps it is the sweetness of the lotus, which comes out in the next hour or so, on me. It must be lotus, at any rate -- it's a slightly sweet floral, but with just that touch of nectar beneath the surface.

This is a very poetic blend...the cool, crisp swirl of mint, and the shimmering underlayers of moon-kissed nectar swimming on a frozen lake. It doesn't cling to my skin the way that Skadi does, but that's mostly because I can't keep any light or floral scent going for very long before I burn it up. I can always put more on! People won't be hit by a cloud of scent when you're wearing this, unless they get nice and close.

ETA: I tried this again recently, a year later (I had swapped my bottle) and while I definitely like to have a sniff of it around in the winter months I figured out what made it go wrong on me, and it's the lotus. Lotus comes floating to the surface like a blobby pink jellyfish, just looming over everything else. It's got a plastic, fruity smell to me and while I like everything else in the blend the lotus is the only thing that I can pay attention to.

Edited by sarada

Wet

Ooh, surprisingly nice first sniff. It's lightly minty, and not mouthwash minty but more of a nice spearmint note. It's slightly floral underneath and a little herby and a tad sweet so as not to be too noticeable.

I really like this.

5 minutes

Oh lord here comes the floral, but it gets right up there to the line making me think it's going to choke me like Harvest Moon then it backs off just a tetch. There seems to be some vague citrus in here as well.

I believe I still like this

10 minutes

This is a keeper. While it's not my favorite lunacy blend, it is certainly refreshing and crisp as it's name would suggest.

In the Bottle: A sweet mint, maybe spearmint and peppermint combined? Maybe milk added in there as well. It smells really good.

On Me: I LOVE this!!! Chilly and cold and icy winds biting on exposed flesh. There is definate rose in this as well, an extremely feminie cold that remindes me of the Queen in the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for some odd reason. I’m so glad that I have this bottle. Once again the Lab has proven that the Moon scents are just not to be missed.

In the bottle: Windblown mint.

Wet: Mint with a faint medicinal note that can only be the eucalyptus.

Drydown: Oh wow. I absolutely love this! The lotus has come out to blend beautifully with the mint and eucalyptus. This isn't the bubblegummy lotus; this is something rounded, deeper and darker. It's brought out the "midnight" aquatic note and it's so beautiful.

Final thoughts: This becomes a creamy minty lotus scent on my skin. It's so pretty and actually does a second-skin routine on me. It's not as cold a scent as I expected, but it does remind me of the time right before the coming frost. Gorgeous.

at first: a sweet mint, but with a hint of something else. i almost think i smell a bit of anise.

on: mint, but a nice, sweet mint. i think i smell eucalyptus, too. very nice.

2 hours later: more of a true, herbal mint. i can still get a hint of the eucalytpus, but it's not as strong.

4 hours later: now, it's just a light scent, and th enotes seem to be blended too well to really pick them out.

overall: this is a perfect winter scent. the eucalyptus isn't too strong, which is good. a lovely scent.

Since mint and eucalyptus were two of the three listed notes, I expected this to smell similar to Bath & Body Works' Stress Relief (mint/eucalyptus) line, which I quite like. I couldn't have been farther off with that guess. And I should have known better, because my skin LOOOOOOOOVES lotus.

The initial wet scent is a breath of mint - a light, soft mint rather than a sharp, biting mint. I love mint, but sometimes biting mints are a bit much even for me. This is lovely.

The mint disappears almost immediately. This is a light frost that burns off as the morning sun rises. After about two minutes it's gone, and the lotus has come out to play. But all thanks to all that's holy, in this blend it's actually understated (my skin usually amplifies it until it eats all the other notes and smells like musty bubble gum). I wind up with a scent on drydown that's something like a really expensive shampoo - that doesn't sound great, but I *love* it.

Even my mother, who hates perfume, really likes this on me. It's lovely. Soft and understated, very close to your skin, so it won't be obnoxious to anyone (though I can't imagine disliking this scent). You'd have to give someone a hug for them to be able to smell it.

Also very long-lasting for such a soft scent. I'm SO pleased. I think I actually like it better than either of the Yule LEs I ordered (Snow White and Gingerbread Poppet). Frost Moon is a real winner. I just wish I had more than one bottle!

I was set to hate this, because mint and lotus hate my skin. But I'm pleasantly surprised -- in the bottle, Frost Moon is a very delicate, ethereal blend, but with a piercing "smell me" aspect that draws you in. It's what you would imagine one of the Frost Faeries from Fantasia wearing while she dances around and spreads the frost crystals over the landscape. On me, it's very similar to Blue Moon, which I assume is the "traditional lunar oils" speaking. The mint sticks around for a while and the eucalyptus lends a shot of intensity to the blend -- and the lotus manages, for once, to blend with my skin and not go so intensely bubble-gum that I hate it. My goodness, Frost Moon, how I love thee!

I got mine in the mail yesterday, and after my squealy joy and letting it warm, I took a whiff.

In bottle: Heavenly and heavily peppermint scent, reminds me of the homemade peppermint patties I got when I was a kid. Underlying note of woodsiness from the eucalyptus.

Put it on today

Wet: Wow, something about me makes the mint smell poof (or perhaps it smelled so minty in bottle thanks to the cold temps), picking up hard on the lotus and "aquatic scents."

Drying: This one wins an award for being easy to smell without having to put skin to nose. The lotus is coming out more and more, good thing I ADORE lotus.

Dry: Still keeping the lotus smell after over 5 hours, and there's a hint under it that I can't place. It reminds me of the smell of being indoors in a warm place when it's very cold out.

I am SO hoarding this!

First Impression: Mint, cold, icy mint.

Second Impression: Yes, Beth has managed to capture a frosty cold, crystal clear, moonlit night in a bottle. The notes work very well together.

Final Analysis: I didn't order this as I don't care for "aquatics" but this isn't watery at all. It was a wonderful gift. Thanks so much.

As so many others have stated, this is intially a very minty blend. In fact my first whiff was of mint and eucalyptus, and it made me cough. :P As soon as I put it on, though it became a minty floral, really lovely. As the drydown continues the mint disappears and the acquatics come out more. The lotus comes out on my skin, but lotus and I get along so it's all good. This is a soft, pretty perfume.

First Sniff:

Icy Blue Moon. I'm assuming that's the traditional lunar flowers speaking. I also (and this is going to sound very very weird) get the smell of Orange Juice.

Wet:

EEE...it's a flower covered in mint! Oh YUM. Still very very much like Blue Moon but with an added chill, I'm escatic.

Drydown:

Very chilly now and serene, I'm getting a bunch of juniper now and none of the heavenly minty quality that marked it.

Aftermath:

Once again Beth scores with another keeper. For those of you who are sad if you missed out on Blue Moon do try to pick this up and it's almost a dead ringer. Just a bit more chilly.

This has something in it that Nine Mysteries has. Is it chamomile? Anyway, it reminds me of a mintier version of Nine Mysteries. I completely adore it. Cold, chilling and comepletely snowy.

I am so so so sad-- especially since I started hearing the comparisons to Blue Moon, my favorite LE of all time. This is the first LE that didn't work on me.

I do smell the Blue Moon comparisons-- the lotus is gorgeous. Aesthetically, this is a beautiful scent. It really is a chill, moonlit night in a bottle-- wonderfully evocative. But on my skin, the mints take over completely. You see, if I smell mint for a prolonged period, I get nauseous because I associate it with medicinal things and sickness. This was no different-- after about an hour, I had to wash it off because I began to feel sick.

I decanted imps for people who missed out, keeping only a half-imp for myself... for sniffing, not wearing. I wanted so much to love this because it does remind me of something from memory, but I just can't wear it. Here's to hoping Cold Moon will be better for me.

Oh my- I really love Frost Moon. It is very refreshing- actually smells like frost bottled. The mint isn't too stark. It smells very clean-bright. Very lovely for the Holiday season. :P

In the bottle, it has a strong mint/eucalyptus scent. Almost a bit of chocolate and something else I can't put my finger on.

Wet on, very strong mint scent, with barely a hint of something sweet/floral underneath.

Dry down, the mint is fading and a lovely floral scent is coming through more strongly.

Dry, the mint is just about gone, unbelievable but true. Now there is only the lovely floral scent and some aquatics as well with a just a tiny hint of mint. A lovely scent in the bottle and wet that morphed into a gorgeous scent that I will be wearing alot for the next few days.

I almost swapped this away and the wore it again and it really grew on me. This is similar to Blue Moon without the cucumber/buttercup and going the other way with the mint/lotus/eucalyptus and breath of a midnight aquatic note. This goes on very minty and then dries down to a floral/lotus blend with a slight aquatic presence. It grows on me each time I wear it. I'm not really big into mint blends, but I couldn't pass this up. I always like to try the LE's. This is very unique and I like it a lot now. It's making me feel a bit different about mint.

First sniff:

I smell mint first and foremost as soon as I open the bottle...it's a soft mint, more like butter mints than Altoids, if that makes sense. I also get a bit of eucalyptus and some strong aquatic notes in the background. This is very wintery smelling, but not in a pine needle or Christmas cookie kind of way. :D

Wet on skin:

Very light...it's minty and aquatic at the same time, which is an unusual combination for my nose and one I'm not sure I really care for. There's also a bit of lotus here that's worrying me as lotus has a nasty habit of going all wonky on my skin. It's not a bad scent by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just not sure it's going to end up being me. I may be wrong, though...it wouldn't be the first time something had ended up working after I thought it was going to be a failure. :D

Dry down:

Frost Moon is nice and clean...minty and aquatic at the same time, like a frozen pond. I was worried about this one even before I ordered it, but I had to try it anyway, just in case, and I'm glad I did because now that it's dry, it's working beautifully for me. :D

The bottom line:

This smells lovely! I was really quite worried about this one since it has lotus in it and lotus tends to give me headaches and smell funky on my skin and aquatics seem to be disagreeing with me lately, but it appears my fears were unfounded. Frost Moon is a beauty! :P

in the bottle, this is really strong mint. It is evocative of peppermint and spearmint, the real kind you find in teas, not the artificial gross stuff in oral care products and gum. There is a tiniest hint of eucalyptus that adds to the chilly scent.

the initial application is much the same as the bottle smell. it lingers and wafts up to my nose. i find if i inhale through my mouth, i get that tingle i associate with mints. luscious.

wearing it for a bit, the mints calm down a lot. after 30 minutes or so, they are hardly even noticable, being replaced by a wave of floral aroma, which must be the lotus. it is very 'white' and crisp and clean smelling. it is unbelievably lovely.

the only qualm i have with it is that it seems to fade rather quickly. i put a rather healthy dose on this morning as i was getting dressed, but now 2-2.5 hours later i don't notice it much anymore. otherwise, this is so soft & wonderful! i'm glad i remembered the update! :P

Eucalyptus in the bottle, a little medicinal so that had me worried. Wearing this is gorgoeus however, lots of mint, fresh and light eucalyptus and a faint chilly sweet floral under all that. Crystaline and cold and beautiful without being over-powering. This was particularly nice today as I have a cold and for some reason found this extra soothing.

In the bottle: Minty delisciousness with some eucalyptus (not and overpowering amount), and a very faint hint of floral. VERY lovely! Not quite as sharp as I was expecting, but it's beautiful.

On: Sadly, the mint runs away very quickly. :P i'm talking within a minute, here. the eucalyptus sticks around a bit longer, but not by much.. then the aquatics take over the playing field. They've got a slight hint of a soapy vibe on me, I think, but it's not entirely unpleasant.

I'm sad that mint seems to vanish on me, because i LOVE mint.. but then again, the only things I think I've tried with mint in them are this and Black Cat, which did the same thing. I just did a search for mint and I realized I've got quite a few other scents with it in there that I haven't worn yet (Banshee, Dracul, Undertow, Gemini, Absinthe, Calliope, and Melpomene), but none of those have particularly jumped out as having mint in them, from sniffing the imps..

Shattered, Ultraviolet, and Envy are definitely going on the wishlist.. Vicomte De Valmont, possibly, but it's got some scary other stuff in there.

Edited cuz my smilie needed much more dramatic tears.

Edited by harlequin

Initially I get a very subtle mint wafting through as the first note to be smelled. It was quite soft for mint, I'm guessing that a lot of skillful blending went behind the scenes to create that effect. The eucalyptis is faintly in the background, but as the perfume settles the lotus and aquatic notes vie gently with the mint for attention.

This is a very wonderful creation, Beth just impresses me more and more with all of the new blends.

:P

I hate it when perfumes are described as "clean" or "fresh," but that seems the most apt way to describe this oil. It's minty, but not overpoweringly so. I can smell a hint of florals that I assume are the lunar oils; I can't really detect the lotus. This is a bit similar to Blue Moon with mint instead of cucumber, but it's also one of those icy florals like Snow White or Ice Queen. I don't know if I'll wear it a lot as I'm not a big mint person, but it's lovely. It seems like the thing to wear when you need some minor personal cleansing.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who had trouble getting the bottle open - I had several bottles which required the (careful) use of pliers.

Edited by ismene

In the bottle: fresh, clean, cool aquatic floral. Where's the mint? :P

Wet, on my skin: The predominant notes are floral and aquatic on my skin. I can smell only a tiny bit of mint, which is kind of disappointing because I love minty scents. Definitely a fresh, clean scent.

On drydown: Really doesn't change much from application. It remains the same fresh, clean, cool scent from when it was first applied. Not as frosty cold or as minty as I was expecting, but lovely nonetheless! Pretty decent staying power, also. Lasted at least 4 hours without needing reapplication.