Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

Pumpkin Dust

Shavings of white pumpkin rind and honey powder.

I tried this at NYCC and I will never forget it. Sweet pumpkin with a sprinkle of honey dust on it. True to form.

SOAP. Sharp, hideous soap. And cinnamon brooms? It's just awful.

I'm so disappointed, because their pumpkin scents are almost always gorgeous on me....but not this one. No, not this one.

i'm from Georgia. and i adore peaches. fresh, canned, cobbler, however you wanna serve it up, i loves me some peaches.

i also like pumpkin. not that "pumpkin spice" thing, but actual real pumpkin-flavoured-pumpkin. no spices needed.

actually, i like most orange foods. except mangoes, and peppers.

a few years back we had the Pie update and there was a Peach Cobbler scent that made me sad because it didn't really smell like peach cobbler to me.

this, though? this smells like peach cobbler. not a fancy one, but the "dump" kind you make with canned peach and a cake mix.

i've tested it about five times so far and i keep gettin' straight up peach cobbler. which i'm totally ok with.

Sweet, almost waxy pumpkin. Deep warm honey. Definitely getting a peachy vibe, too. Kinda of musky, maybe peach musk? Maybe honey musk? As it dries the fruitiness backs off and I get more pumpkin and deep honey. Not as dry/powdery as I expected but I am very happy with it.

This smells like an old BPAL forum exclusive, I think? Werepuppy?  but with a dusting of cinnamon.  

Pumpkin Dust smells like Chewy SweeTarts to me, in the decant and on my skin.

And it remained that way for the longest time. Eventually, I ended up getting some waxiness from it (like a crayon) and that peachy aspect that others have mentioned in their reviews.

I was interested in this one because it seemed like it might be a nice pumpkin scent without the spice, but this is most definitely not for me.

Wet: Honey hard candy musk (seriously, the only way I can describe it) with a touch of pumpkin. Definitely on the sweeter side. 

Dry: Much more musky than the wet stage, and less sweet. Still a pumpkin-honey-musk tango.

There must be cream or a dairy component in this blend. It takes some time for the blend to settle and for the cream/butter and honey notes to emerge. I was expecting something light and powdery, but it's on the thicker gourmand side. People who enjoy creamy/buttery honey scents, check this one out.

Edited by theredkilt

The pumpkin to this smells very raw. Almost yammy, pulpy, orange.

The honey powder is interesting. It definitely has that honey sweetness but is definitely a powder. Has a sort of make up or talcum powder scent to it, which has a distinct sweetness of its own alongside the honey sweetness. Also makes this smell a touch 'clean'.

Overall I actually dig this one quite a bit. You definitely have to be someone who is into powder scents to like this though.

In the bottle: Honey, but not in a cloying, overpowering way. I can't identify any pumpkin outright, but I can tell that there's something softening the Lab's honey here. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's a dark fall honey on me. As it dries, I can pick out flickers of both cinnamon and soap. 

I am... deciding on this one.

My skin holds on to spice notes and often amps them up to a screeching level.  This has a super sharp cinnamon in it that irritates my skin and I don't know what is going on with the other notes.  It's like cinnamon and a really sharp, sour, citrus scented household cleanser of some sort.

I love this. It's nearly all pumpkin on me. Fresh cut pie pumpkin so it's a bit sweet. It takes a while for the cinnamon note to peek out and I don't mind it. Overall, it's a cheerful scent that will be fun to layer with.

Raw, vegetal and sweetened pumpkin. It smells like a pumpkin when you're scooping out the seeds but cleaner, if that makes sense. This isn't a slimy oozing scent, it's very crisp and almost fizzy. You're not making a Jack o' Lantern, you're preparing a pie or a soup with this pumpkin. The honey is present, but it's very light and only appears to sweeten up the pumpkin. I was envisioning a powdery sort of honey, but this is more akin to the honey that you can get in one of those bears. I don't get a ton of cinnamon, but it is present.

I think I was envisioning the filthier version of this scent, the version that smells like a seedy, stringy pumpkin that was sitting on the curb at the store for a couple of weeks before you got to it and now it's all smothered in dark, oozing honey that tends to go powdery on me. This isn't really to my tastes, but if you want a lighter pumpkin then this might be for you!

Very faint on me. Like if I applied a honey scent 6 hours ago. Very delicate honey with a whisper of baby powder. Honestly I could not even tell you if there was pumpkin in this. Weird. Maybe it just did not age well since it is from 2018.