Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
boomtownrat

Dignified. Elegant. Sophisticated.

We were made for each other.

Snake Oil and bubblegum.

When I open the bottle, a waft of pink bubblegum jumps up into my nose to make me smile. On my skin, the bubblegum is at the forefront until it dries, when it becomes a sugary version of Snake Oil. If you love the original Snake Oil, then I think you'll want this, too. I'm thinking of buying another bottle before they come down.

I've never met the Barrials, but I can really tell there's a lot of love and happiness between mother and daughter in this scent.

I layer Snake Oil with just about everything, so when a Snake Oil is in a blend, I automatically want it.

My favorite SO combinations are with Eat Me, and Very Pink Cake. This scent is the embodiment of my favorite combinations. Rich mysterious Snake Oil and a screaming pink sweetness.

This will be in heavy rotation, I'm sure.

I have said before in other reviews that I adore Beth's bubble gum note and henceforth, I really need to try this. In the bottle the bubble gum is there but once applied it's a sweeter version of Snake Oil. I do love me all the Snake Oil so I think this is a win-win.

In the bottle - Spicy sweet Snake Oil bubblegum!

Wet - Spicy bubblegum. Like ... carnation bubblegum.

Drydown - More Snakey as it dries. Snake Oil can be a bit much for me if it's not aged. In this scent, the sweetness of the bubblegum cuts the intensity of the Snake Oil.

Verdict - It stays pretty linear throughout the day. Snake Oil and bubblegum, just like it says. Not much else to add, except that I can't WAIT for it to age. It's going to be a gorgeous blend.

Lotus and Snake Oil. For me, the bubblegum note from the lotus is the single most dominant player. As it dries, some of the sugared vanilla comes through but it ends up being almost overwhelmingly bubblegum on me. Great throw and wear length. Of course.

Just as the description implies: BPAL's Snake Oil blend plus bubblegum. It hovered on the edge of plastic on me (NOOOO) but then settled down nicely. My husband suggested I get more, he liked it that much on me. Good throw and longevity. Doesn't replace Snakes in the Pumpkin Patch as my favorite, but certainly a contender. A good warm-weather scent.

Wet: Bubblegum hits me first, with a little Snake Oil trailing behind.

Dry: This went a little plastic-y on me, and the bubblegum note is super faint. Snake Oil is the star of the show.

I love me some Snake Oil, but this version didn't "wow" me.

In the decant, yep... a blast of bubblegum. I actually never got a bubblegum scent from the Lab because it is a note that isn't my thing.. but I can't pass up anything with Snake Oil in it. It does sweeten up the S.O. as it dries, but it is quite... good. I'm surprised, since I am not a fan of girly, overly sweet scents, as bubblegum implies. :) It does go a bit plastic-y on me, but the S.O. keeps it from being icky! Don't think I need a bottle since I think this is one I wouldn't reach for.

Edited by Numanoid

This is the gummy bears, bubble gum, and Snake Oil Motherhood fragrance sans gummy bears. It’s Lilith’s bubblegum, and Beth’s Snake Oil. Innocent and lovely dries to mysterious and enchanting. I definitely see the two of them here, and I can see Lilith becoming her own woman in the eyes of Beth here.

Bubblegum is overwhelming at first, but the Snake Oil comes out more as it dries. I wouldn't expect for these 2 to work together, but they are great!

Thoughts before testing: Snake Oil is one of my favorite love-muffins and I have high hopes for this one!

Wet: Fresh Snake Oil and bright pink bubblegum for sure. The bubblegum is a sweet and a little dusty, like the bubblegum tape you could get in the 90s.

Dry down: The Snake Oil starts to overpower the bubblegum and it's all I can smell at this point.

Dry: And now it's just play-do :( This is extra weird for me because I greatly prefer fresh Snake Oil over the aged stuff. I've never gotten play-do out of Snake Oil so I think this is going to be a pass for me.

Final thoughts: I like bubblegum and I love Snake Oil so I'm sad that the combination didn't work for me.

Verdict: passing the decant along to someone who can appreciate it better.

Edited by Alethia

So… I forgot to order a decant of this in my original batch of Lilith decants. Fortunately, there were some leftover, so I was able to grab one later on along with some other Lilith decant leftovers of scents that didn’t interest me until reviews started coming in.

In the decant: Exactly as described: Snake Oil and bubblegum! But more bubblegum than Snake Oil. I’m reminded of pink bubblegum tape or bubblegum squares with the white powder on it. The oil is also lighter than most Snake Oil variants that I’ve tried!

Wet: Bubblegum-y Snake Oil! It’s like a spicy pink bubblegum! The Snake Oil aspect is a lot stronger on me than it was in the decant, which is fine with me, as I am not really a fan of bubblegum and was mostly curious about this just because it’s a Snake Oil variant.

Dry: It’s Snake Oil dominant (especially Snake Oil’s spices) with the sweetness of the bubblegum behind it when it dries, but eventually, the Snake Oil becomes so strong that it’s pretty much just straight up Snake Oil on me with just a hint of bubblegum in the background if I go looking for it.

Verdict: This was much better than I was expecting, since I am not a bubblegum fan, but this Snake Oil variant didn’t wow me, either. I am going to pass my decant on to a friend who is curious about this scent.

IN THE IMP: VERY bubble-gummy without even a hint of Snake Oil to my nose.

WET: Super-duper bubblegummy sweet, but when you sniff close up (for me, a dab on my wrist and a dab in the crook of my arm), the Snake Oil is very noticeable and actually overpowers the bubblegum.

DRY: The drydown is almost completely Snake Oil with a residue of the sweetness and fruitiness of the bubblegum.

RESULT: I really do NOT like bubblegum as a note and would not have ordered this had I not bought a full set of decants. That said, I liked this MUCH more than I would have thought and it was not a washoff.

It really reminded me of why I love Snake Oil in combination with notes I DO like. In the end, I will not keep this because I try to keep my overwhelming number of decants strictly to scents I know I could grab blindly and be happy wearing them … that said, this makes me interested in looking for imps of Snake Oil blends that I have not tried but for which I know I like the other note.

In the decant: Super bubble gum. Like, extra bubble gum concentrate assaulting my nose.

On my skin:

Wet, it's still all of the bubble gum in the known universe. Thirty minutes later, the bubble gum is still going strong. At approximately the forty-five minute mark, the bubblegum subsides enough that the Snake Oil is noticeable. An hour after application, this is all Snake Oil on me. 

Well, it's an interesting scent experience, that's for sure. I'm not fond of bubblegum as a note on its own, but I'm always interested in Snake Oil + sweetness (Snake Oil is patchouli + spices on me, lovely but not really vanilla or sweet as some folks experience). However, the time that this is not just Snake Oil is relatively short, and the time that it's a Snake Oil blend is even more fleeting. I'll keep my decant to use as Snake Oil, but I won't be chasing a bottle. 

Love love love this one :wub:

It’s that classic Dubble Bubble smell + Snake Oil. Amazing. Lasts forever, too!