Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

Who Would Not Tremble Too?

The new discovery of “Table Moving,” by means of an unseen power from the human hand, has only been introduced into England within the last few weeks; but it would be difficult to dingle out any scientific subject which has with such rapidity, taken so extensive a hold of the popular mind. If we travel by railway carriage, steamboat, or omnibus, this is the universal topic of conversation. From the aristocratic saloons of Belgravia to the “Parlours” of Whitechapel – the Green Park to the Cat and Mutton Fields, “table moving” is all the rage. From the Royal Institution, where the secretary pokes his head through a forest of electrical apparatus, to inform the audience that the facts are established, down to the humblest Mechanics’ Institute, all are full of it, and the tables, to quote the words of the old song – “are all a moving, move, move, moving,” – Every evening party must of course have its experiments; accordingly, gentlemen come provided with very elegant chapeaux for the occasion, and many an innocent flirtation occurs consequent on the proper arrangement of the little fingers of some of the fair operators. As “sweet eighteen,” with her blue eyes and golden locks, gracefully links her little finger with Charles’s, in a retired corner, what wonder if the hat should tremble? And Charles, being of course fond of poetry (his very name is a guarantee for that), cannot resist softly breathing into Lucy’s ear, that exquisite line from Waller, on his fair one’s harp –

“Touched by that hand – who would not tremble too?”

And after a little more conversation of a strictly scientific character, they feel quite satisfied with the success of the experiment. Mamma, who has been watching the progress of the magnetic influence at a distance, “has no patience with such nonsense, and wonders young men and young women cannot find something better to do.” She forgets that there was a magnetic influence at work about twenty years since, and what little trifles served as conductors then.

– Table Moving, its causes and phenomena: with directions how to experiment

A spirit-touched courtship: sweet orange blossom, white honey, jasmine tea, white sandalwood, green apple, and lily of the valley.

In the bottle - Very buoyant, happy greenery.

Wet - Warm. I get lots of honey. Sweet green springtime scent.

Drydown - I'm smelling honey, but thinking nectar. It actually reminds me of the Nectar hair gloss, and I'm picturing a miniature butterfly garden. Tickles my nose a bit. I'd have to re-sniff my decant, but my mind is drawing parallels between this and Venus Verticordia, which I also liked. This has more going on, though. Less grass, more tea. It gets less heavy as it wears. By the end of the day, this was a spectral memory of spring.

Verdict - Just lovely. I can't see anyone being offended by this. Might even be a good work scent, since it doesn't have much throw.

Oddly, this reads slightly masculine on me with sharp, high notes from application through drydown but very feminine and delicate on my boyfriend. I think on the right person, as mentioned above, this would be a beautiful, happy springtime blend. I might tuck away for some aging, but for now, I don't see it working for me .

Started as a soft floral apple scent, but the lily went sharp and high pitched on my skin. After awhile the honey and other blossoms smooth the scent out a bit, and there's a nice green and pollen-y quality that makes me yearn for spring.

Sweet honey with apple, jasmine/lily, and sandalwood. This one is spring-like and very clean white florals. Good throw and wear length.

First sniff: Not sure how to describe. A bit green.

On skin slightly sweet, and green with mild florals.

The flowers are more prominent. I don't like any of the florals. This blend is not for me.

Softly tart, sweet, and green floral. This reminds me of the GC Lilium Inter Spinas, which seems to be discontinued. :/ Very pretty and fresh.

Bright, green, fresh.

This is the orange blossom note I really like, and it's lovely here. This is definitely a floral, a bit sweet but also tart, and a spring scent for sure: I associate a fresh spring green sort of color with scents like this. Wet, it somehow strikes me as both a delicate scent, and a sharp scent. As it dries, the honey and tea come out and the scent softens a little.

Fairly low throw, decent lasting power.

There must be something about orange blossom that makes it smell like sunscreen to me as this has also happened with an Arcana blend... or maybe I just don't know what orange blossoms smell like haha.

It starts off very strongly jasmine, then tempers down into light florals with a hint of sweetness. I'm honestly just getting all sunscreen though. ):

This was one of two blind bottles for me, as I love every note, but I really didn't know what to expect.

I know that skin chemistry varies greatly, but on me this is a fairly linear orange blossom and honey scent. I can smell the tea, sandalwood and (especially) the apple in the background, but they all play supporting roles. Fortunately I love the combination of orange blossom and honey and this smells both really sexy and fresh/fuzzy (from the honey) to my nose.

Quite spring-like as others have mentioned - but far from innocent. I enjoy it very much and I'm glad I got a bottle. Contemplating a backup.

Edited by joopjoop

Hey- guess what. I waited until springy weather to try this and it IS a wonderful springtime scent! Everybody go grab your decants and bottles and try this again. Its brilliant, when its not the dead of winter. Shining orange blossom and crystal clear sweet honey with green apple, mostly. Wafts of jasmine tea and lily of the valley are coming around like the breeze through a window, when everything is blooming outside. Perky, happy uplifting...all of that. Winner! Glad I hung onto this.

Wow this is VERY orange-blossomy, which is good news for any (like me) who love orange blossom and are always searching for it as a star in the blend. It really shines here. The honey wraps it in sweetness, and all the other notes kiss it with a lovely exotic floral-tea atmosphere, but make no mistake: this is Orange Blossom The Movie, and I couldn't be happier. I dare say this is THE most prominent orange blossom scent I've tried from the lab, and I've tried quite a few. 

I will be bottling this one without question. It's a scent I will be thrilled to wear in spring and summer - how funny, for it to be a Yule!

2017 bottle:

I have to be honest, i was expecting totally something different from this blend. It's a green floral (with stems) dipped in honey, with a bitter undertone.

Later on, it comes off as an orange blossom blend with a green vegetal edge, coated in gentle honey. I was expecting much more lightness and airiness. At this point, this scent feels heavy to me.