Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Oh, this is better than my imaginings. It's foody without being too foody and perfume-y without being too perfume-y.

In the bottle it smells like...imagine this!...peach pie. Just baked. But the peach isn't too sweet or cloying.

On, it's slightly less edible and more like peach flower. But the flower is really peachy. You can't smell buttery piecrust or anything.

Considerable throw. I've had it on for four hours and it's fading a bit, and, as it fades, it becomes less lush; the scent isn't just lighter but slightly coppery.

But the first two hours are divine.

This is...wow. Usually I'm not much for peach. It always comes off somewhat cloying on me. But this peach is fresh and juicy and so...REAL. I can picture being in a room with this big juicy peach. It's actually making my mouth water! Once it starts to really settle into the skin, the crust starts to emerge, and it's really good.

A beautiful summer scent, as many of the Pie scents are proving to be. I'm excited to wear it even through the winter, though, to help keep the dark days at bay. :rolleyes2:

Peach Pie really is so bright and juicy! I'm not picking up much of a pastry or crust note, on me this is primarily scrumptious peach filling with the tiniest drop of butter and lemon. I think this would make for a great pick-me-up winter or spring scent...it's very zippy and lush.

This was the only one out of the set that I had reservations about but because I'd already added the other six to my basket, I couldn't leave it on its own.

Ripe, honeyed peach. Buttery pie crust. It invokes summer days and toothsome treats. This is so sweet, it's romantic. I adore this <3

In the bottle it’s all peach shampoo - not the soapy aspect, but the same bright peach scent. On it gets a little deeper, the peach darkening, so it’s not just bright and sunny, but still very much peach. Dried - it doesn’t really morph at all, it’s still deep peach with a hint of something bakery-ish, which would be the crust I assume. And it hasn’t faded, even hours later, I can still smell it, and it has a decent throw. I call this one a win!

I wonder if there's some batch variation here, because this is definitely PIE to me, with baked syrupy peaches and a buttery, flaky crust, I actually like my peach scents a little fresh, rather than jammy, so I don't love the peach note here.

Fairly strong with good throw and lasting power. I expected to love this more, because I love peach scents, but this peach wasn't working for me.

i avoid most pear based scents because for some reason the pear scent used in the fragrance & perfume world has what i can only unfortunately call a sweaty note. in an unwashed and unpleasant way.

i haven't experienced that before with a peach scent -- i wore The Body Shop's "fuzzy peach" perfume oil regularly for well over a decade, will happily pick up peach scented body care products, and one of my favourite hard candies is peach flavoured -- but i have now. twice in one week, from two different companies no less!

i picked up "Georgia Peach & Sweet Tea" ('cuz, y'all, i am one, and sweet tea is one of the best things ever) from Bath & Body Works around the same time that this Peach Pie was delivered and they've both got this salty-sweaty-B/O thing going on.

as far as food goes, i've had peach cobbler way more than i've ever had peach pie - unless the hand-held fried pies count? - but this just doesn't seem anywhere near sweet enough for a peach pie.

i think someone used nectarines instead of peaches in my bottle and maybe used bitter splenda instead of sugar in a very boo-inducing switcheroo.

Jeebus. And I thought the hairgloss smelled amazing.

Peach Pie really is the most juicy, realistic sweet peach note that you can think of. Ripe peaches, peach juice, and just a teensy bit of crust. All in all, super realistic peaches.

I almost... almost.. want a bottle. Except I rarely wear peach blends.

Peach. When You first smell it...fresh juicy peach that is just cut open. As it dries....Peach pie filling from a can. Dead on. No crust. No sugar. Just peach pie filling. Alas, I will have to keep looking for my peach scent b/c this one is just too sweet.

Peach Pie perfume oil:

In the bottle: I have a Yankee Candle called Juicy Peach, and the peach in this reminds me of that. I know comparisons to YC are usually unwelcome, but I enjoy some of their scents, including the Juicy Peach. Smelling them side-by-side, the candle is more fresh peach fruit, while Peach Pie has that same sort of juicy peach note in it but has more going on as well. It smells more like there's a little cinnamon and other spices, and it smells more cooked and syrupy than fresh and juicy.

On my skin: again, kind of a "canned peaches in syrup" cooked peach smell, with a little bit of spice. I'm not really smelling anything I would describe as crust.

When I first got the bottle about a month ago and wore this, a sugary note (like powdered sugar) came out and the overall scent was reminding me of peach rings candy. But after it's settled for a month I'm not really getting that anymore. As it dries more, I'm getting less peach and more of a sweet spiced base. Still nothing crusty.

This is actually a nice, fresh, juicy peach... not as "baked" as I would have expected from a pie scent. I don't really get any crust or spices, or even added sugar... it's just pure, ripe, delicious peach on me.

This would be great to wear during the summer!

This is like opening one of those canned peach in syrup things.. sort of a fresh, watery peach with syrupy sweetness. As it dries down, I get some pie spices (cinnamon-clove-ish), but not really any butter, and this actually isn't as sweet as I would have liked on my skin. The peach goes a little sour/plasticy on my skin.

No peaches, no pie. For me this is Original Bubble Tape Bubble gum. A really accurate version. I can even smell that powder that is on the gum as you roll it out.

...I feel like I'm going crazy. Is this real life?

I'm not getting what the consensus is getting. When first applied it's super saged up peach. Or some such similar herbal peach. Not the juicy fresh peaches you all are talking about. I want that version on my skin. As it stands, on me, it's peach rubbed in sage. "Meh"

I'll try it one more time before I put it in the swap/sale pile. I really hope my chemistry is just having an off day. I WANT JUICY PEACHES!!

Wet, this is an incredibly realistic canned peaches scent. Wet, sweet and juicy, just like the glazed sliced peaches on top of a pie. As it dries I get some hints of buttery, flaky pie crust, and the bright, juicy quality fades away. So for a few hours I get peach pie exactly as described, but unfortunately after a while it turns into an unpleasant sickly sweet scent. I'll have to rehome my bottle, because that late stage morph is not good!

When it's wet, I get more of the pie note than the peach. But once dry, the peach is stronger. I don't really know how to accurately describe the peach in this, it smell slightly watered down and I have to really pay attention as I sniff to get the pie notes that were more present in the beginning. I'm pretty sure my body chemistry is messing with this as well and turning the peach into a very sugary syrup.  I saw a comparison to those peach ring candies and I agree too, it starts of smelling like canned peaches but turns into an artificial peach scent pretty rapidly in my case.

I think I would have preferred a pure peach scent than a pie. I wonder if this scent worked better as a hair gloss or something. It's nice, but not something I'd gravitate towards much due to the peach note acting weird on me. I love peaches so I'd be bummed if BPAL's note doesn't work well with me. Will hold onto my decant for now unless I can find a better peach scent.

Edited by fairybites
Added more information