Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
NewYorkGirl

BPAL Scents with Lemon notes

I think Shanghai is wonderful! You might like it if you also like green tea and honeysuckle.

The crisp, clean scent of green tea touched with lemon verbena and honeysuckle.

If you like green tea, but aren't very fond of honeysuckle, Embalming Fluid might be for you. It is not as strong as Shanghai (on my skin), but it's a nice, refreshing, lemon and green tea scent.

A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon.

Happy Baby in a Long Dress was limited edition, but I've seen it in a few sales threads on this forum. It is very lemony!

Lemon sugar and lavender buds.

And, of course, Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat would be a great option for you as well!

twinkle twinkle little bat is a very sugary lemonade

ps I don't like lemon but that is the scent that most screams lemon to me

Dorian is my favorite lemon-y blend. .. even though lemon is not a listed note at all. For some reason the tea comes across as lemony to my nose, and as its not really lemon, there are no 'plege' or other lemon-cleaner associations with it for me.

Next fave is, Skytyping with Chemtrails. A deliciously fluffy lemon scent :yum:

if you like foody lemon, I also recommend:

White Chocolate lemongrass, coriander and Almond cream - from the 2012 box of chocolates (Valentine's day)...it was an LE

Shub-Niggurath - it smells like warm gingerbread and lemon shortbread cookies to my nose with an incensy dry down. This is a GC!!

Mr. Nancy (Sugar cookies with bay rum, tobacco, and lime.) is a foody keylime pie type smell. I know it's not lemon, but close enought, right? Bones Trombone (Pie crust, smears of blueberry marshmallow cream and lemon meringue, and hemlock.) smells like not-too-tart lemon squares. I get no blueberry from it wet or dry. Also, even though it gives no mention of having anything lemon related in it, Crib Girls (Seven honeys under one unkempt roof, with fiery-tart cubeb and dusty cardamom) smells really lemony in the bottle and on my skin.

Phantasm (GC)

• This delicate, spectral perfume gives rise to an eerie distortion of of the senses. It bestows an ephemeral, ghostly, and truly haunting quality to your presence. Green tea, lemon verbena, jasmine and neroli.
  • my summary of it is "Lemony Green Tea"

Shunga:Tea (LE)

• Darjeeling tea, lemon verbena, star anise, and honeycomb.
  • It's a perfect Honey-Lemon Tea

Yuki-Onna (LE/Ressurrected)

• The Lady of the Snow, Winter Ghost, Snow Queen. A chilling, haunted blend of bergamot, lemon verbena, sandalwood and jasmine.
  • My synopsis is that it is Lemon & Sandalwood

Purple Spotted Swallowtail (LE)

• Black plum, opium poppy, dusky amber, opoponax, castoreum accord, dried berries, tolu balsam, clove bud, and lime
  • No lemon is listed, but my nose translates something into lemon
  • Summary is "Lemon, Cloves & Poppy"

Yellow Snowballs (LE)

• Because I am very, very crass this year. Slushy white mint, vanilla cream, lemon drops, grapefruit, and yuzu!
  • My notes describe this one as citrus snow/lemon ice

Aopile (GC)

• Smoldering coals heat the device from below, and steam hisses through two curved pipes, rotating the shining brass sphere. Glowing amber and citrus, labdanum, verbena, cedar, and oud.
  • Notes to my nose are Lemon/Grapefruit & CEDAR

Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat is, to me, just intense sugared lemon drops. (You can find it here - http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/stickybat.html) I love Shanghai but the green tea note is very prominent to me. But then again, green tea smells sort of lemony to my nose. And Shanghai is GC so you can order an imp to try it out.

I will third the Dorian recommendation. I find it to be candied lemons and vanilla tea with a light lavender underneath; not too sweet, very light and refreshing. Very nice for summer heat, but also pleasant to wear in cooler weather, because it's not so delicate as some citrusy scents can be.

I bought it for the vanilla tea, but the lemon is what really makes it wonderful for me. :wub2:

These suggestions are all so fantastic! Decisions, decisions. Thanks again for your help! As a BPAL newbie I feel as though I've been swept up into a beautifully fragranced tornado and I'm loving it!