Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Little Bird

Une Folle Entreprise

UNE FOLLE ENTREPRISE
A mélange of silvery musk, iris, licorice root, black currant, apple
blossom, patchouli root, violet, heliotrope, anise, and tonka bean.

Un mélange: musc argenté, iris, racine de réglisse, cassis, fleur de pommier, racine de patchouli, violette, héliotrope, anis, et fève tonka.

The musk is the star player for me here, but it's not a sharp or perfumey sort of musk, thankfully. This blend actually reminds me of Candy Phoenix (a more subdued and gentle Candy Phoenix, perhaps).

First on, this is comforting, fuzzy-furry, slightly powdery, sweet musk. A gentle sweetness. I can pick out hints of anise if I really look for it, but it doesn't scream black licorice at all, and the anise disappears entirely on me after about fifteen minutes. There's a hint of patchouli and vanilla-y heliotrope at first that also doesn't last into the drydown on me.

In the drydown, this is still mostly musk, but there's a candied black currant (like berry candy) that comes forth pretty strongly (and reminds me even more of Candy Phoenix) and a pale, cool, sweet violet.

Une Folle Entreprise is rather light on me, clinging close to the skin and only lasting about 3 hours, but I do find this very pleasant and comforting. This is the sort of scent that I'd wear just for myself, or for a quiet night cuddled up with someone. A candied, gentle musk.

Une Folle Entreprise was the one I wanted to work on me out of the three but unfortunately, the licorice root & anise are ruining it. That's all I can smell. I've never been fond of licorice. I was hoping the black currant and patchouli root would step up but they don't.

Sad. :(

~

What I hoped for: "I hope the scent is much the same, silvery, fuzzy and a little weird."

What I got: Silvery, fuzzy, a little weird. WIN.

Anyway. So this has very little anise or licorice on me, which is a little disappointing for me, since that's part of why I bought the blend. It's primarily a soft musk and iris/violet blend. It starts out very strong, sitting on my skin yelling, "HELLO, I AM FUZZY AND A LITTLE WEIRD" for about twenty minutes, at which point it dulls to a cuter, softer, but still fuzzy waft. I can tell there are other notes, such as the slightly woody patchouli base and a slightly dusty heliotrope, but some of the notes (black currant, apple blossom) never really rise to the surface to be smelled, being merely notes inspiring a slightly sweeter scent than it might have been without them.

On later drydown it develops a strange tickly feeling, as if I might be mildly allergic to some component; I want to sneeze when I sniff my wrists. It's all musk and faint iris at this point.

In the bottle it has a slightly stronger licorice scent, but mostly I get woody patchouli and fuzzy musk.

I really want to love it, but I have to tell you--I have no idea under what circumstances I would actually wear it. It's really not very 'me'-like at all. Hm.

ETA: Definitely allergic to something in this. Itchy eyes, sneezing, and itchy skin. BOO. D:

Edited by windbourne

This is OMG gorgeous. For the first hour or two it was decidedly masculine, and I kept thinking 'If I could only get my DH to wear BPAL, this.. this would be the one.' Now though, I'm debating. Why share?

p.s. This one is definitely, unisex though!

UneFolleEnterSS-Ti.jpg

I like this soft, gentle scent very much even if it doesn't last very long. I admit to being a little nervous about the anise/licorice scent problem because I don't care for that at all, BUT...in this blend, it's so slight as to be almost invisible but yet it's there, and it works so well with all the other notes. The iris was what I looked forward to most, and it's iris and that light airy musk I smell most. I don't really smell much apple blossom, tonka bean, or patchouli root, but it's all right because I like how the iris and musk with the oh-so-slight bit of anise works on my skin. This is a keeper, but it probably won't last too long if I have to keep reapplying it all the time. One of 5 stars.

Really, a very furry and cozy musk that is slightly powdery and resinous at the same time. The licorice root is not strong in this at all; in fact you hardly notice it. I'm blaming the violet for this powdery, slightly sharp tinge that this blend has.

Definitely furry musk. It's cozy, comforting, slightly masculine on me. I get hints of both violet and licorice, which makes this scent appear 'dark'.

Interesting, but not for me.

This is a fuzzy little thing.. definitely silvery, it has quite a shimmery feel to it.

Although this is very nice in its own right, it's just not for me. The apple blossom is soapy, the anise is weak, and the florals don't give me any enjoyment as individual notes - they're just all kind of clouded together into a soft waxy floral tone. It delivers an almost aquatic feel on my skin, which is kinda weird since I'm not seeing anything 'aquatic' in the notes, so perhaps it's the silvery musk that's giving it that feeling. In colour, I would say this is silvery-blue.

I'm sure this would be lovely on someone who can do this kind of blend justice, because it is a pretty scent, but it just hasn't got enough body for me.

Sniff: Very faint and bright, high pitched

Wet: Shimmery but not metallic, a sharp crystal musk. The high note isn't exactly like cologne, but very close. It's slightly aquatic. There's just a tiny hint of dirty, mossy, green tones.

Dry: The sharpness burns off and now I get a slightly sweet, nutty finish over a base of dusty musk. I'm not getting the "fuzzy" factor but I definitely agree there's something a bit weird here. I was hoping for more of the "dirty" notes to rise up, like the anise and tonka, but they aren't very apparent in this blend. It's not bad, but not exactly working for me either.

Edited by mistressfizz

This is a wet, watery violet scent with a touch of orris on me. I love violet, and this does not disappoint. It kind of reminds me a bit of Violet Ray, but with more things going on besides the mint. In spite of this, I wish I got the patch and the heliotrope, as these are among my fave notes. I seem to get it in the imp, but not on. Maybe with time, they'll poke through. As it is, it is a lovely fresh floral violet blend, that does not go powdery, even with the orris. It's a nice change from sweet violet blends, which I like as well. I'll certainly keep and enjoy the imp!

This the love child of Silver Phoenix and B340. Silver musk, with orris root and the long ago wistful flowers from b340. I like it...but not enough to want purchase a bottle as I love both Silver phoenix and B340 all on their own. :D

I would say this is more the love child of Silver Phoenix and Black Opal rather than B340. It is a little odd wet but I'm really glad I gave it a chance because it blossomed into a beautiful soft "silvery" scent, as others have said, with the violet, iris and musk at the forefront. I can pick out the blackcurrant though this is not a berry scent per se. This musk is a fuzzy musk but doesn't go cloyingly powdery on me like the one in Hunter Moon 07. There is a powderiness to this scent as a whole but it's a pleasant powderiness. There is the tiniest bit of anise here, but it ends up being no more than the faintest whisper, and I don't get anything soapy from the apple blossom. I get hints of patchouli and tonka as well, which add to the warmth of the musk. The final drydown of this is like a velvety grayish-purplish cloak that shifts colors in the twilight; difficult to describe but beautiful in its own right.

Edited by Invidiana

In the vial: I can pick up the licorice root and the iris. There's something very earthy about this scent, it's lovely. The musk is coming through, but the rest of the notes are not pronounced at the moment.

On my wrist: Licorice shrouded by a musky veil, the iris and violet entwined around it. The scent is very gender-neutral, but with both feminine and masculine accents.

As it dries, the tonka comes through. I really like the lab's tonka bean: it's subtle enough to add that slight vanilla touch without being too overpowering. Overall this is a gorgeous earthy scent with some edge to it.

In decant: definitely patchouli, with a slightly fruity tone. Dirt--although I usually just get "dirt" from patchouli anyway. Dark and herbal--maybe the anise? Also powdery to my nose.

Wet on skin: well, patchouli and herbs. I'm getting a faint dusty sweetness as a highlight--the only component that I think might be close is the licorice. If I think hard about it, I I'm getting some tonka, as well, but I wouldn't call this creamy or vanillic or anything like that. Gender neutral.

Dry: well, this patchouli and I definitely do not go well together. Dry, this is a faintly foody blend, the non-sweet, this-is-part-of-my-lunch kind :s and the anise is probably not helping the "meat" note I am getting from this kind of patchouli. Herbal, masculine, with faint iris and violet, although as it stays longer on my skin, these faint floral notes just get swallowed up by the meaty patchouli.

Verdict: no, definitely not for me, or my skin chemistry. And I was so looking forward to the apple blossom. :(

Apple blossom must not be giving me a hard time because the blend is almost workable for me. The iris is kind of throwing me off though, it brings a brightness, but the overall blend is a bit sour for me. Like if there was such a thing as Licorice Iris flavored Sweet Tarts. I used to have these violet candies and it kind of reminds me of the same concept.

I was very excited to try this blend and was able to pick it up off a kind forumite!

Musk and violet are predominant in this, on my skin. Violet always smells a little strident to me.. I with the iris were a bit stronger for me. The musk and violet are joined together by the licorice root/anise notes, which just round the whole thing out. I get a little more iris as it dries down.. softening it out some. I get the B340 comparison. That blend was so light I could hardly smell it (and so let my bottle go), this is definitely stronger. I'm not getting any of the other notes listed.. I wonder where they are.. This winds up quite a bit like Bruised Violet Compound to my nose-- hopefully it'll age a bit because I didn't love that blend..

Une Folle Entreprise is all violet in the imp, which worries me.  There are notes here I love -- patchouli, anise, licorice, tonka -- but this seems dominated by the ones I'm ambivalent about -- violet, iris, silvery musk (which to me means high-pitched white musk).  If you're good with those three notes, this is probably a lovely blend on you.  I got almost no licorice or anise, and barely any patch or tonka.  This does have a silvery feel, kind of ephemeral (and in fact it became a skin scent very quickly on me), pale hyacinth gray in color.  

On me this is heavy on the silvery musk and orris. I can smell the violet but it's more subtle. Sadly, I don't get one bit of licorice. I do get a bit of the patchouli root grounding the fragrance and giving it a little bit of earthiness. Overall, this is a complex silvery musk that doesn't really smell particularly like any one of its notes. It's interesting, feminine, and chic, but probably not something I would wear a lot. Very appropriate for spring.