Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Beaver Moon 2010

Here we go with the double entendres again! Strawberry and peach cheesecake, heavy on the sticky glaze.

I just realized that this was released over my wedding date! WHOO! (We also had cheesecake for our wedding cake!)

OMG :wub2:

In the bottle this smells like the wild strawberries candy (the same people who make cherry blasters and fuzzy peaches and watermelon slices). YUM!

Once I put it on it mellows into a creamier scent, but oh so sweet and delightful. I am in love.

I can't put my finger on what this reminds me of, but for some reason it brings back the few good memories I have from high school. It might have been some delicious-smelling strawberry lipgloss from Sephora that's been long since discontinued (and the lipgloss comparison is intended in the best way possible). I get lots of the sticky glaze moreso than the cheesecake, which I'm guessing is probably going to come out more with age. The tartness of the candylike--but not cloying--strawberry balances out the peach, which I'm glad for because peach on its own can sometimes get too sweet on my skin. This puts me in a happy place. :D

Edited by Invidiana

In bottle: Strawberry and vanilla.

On me: The best beaver moon ever? The others is so filled with cake that the fruit is hidden.

Did Beth get the inspiration to Kitty from this? It is not as evolved as Kitty but it is a simpler

version.

10 minutes in: Plastic comes through... I get a Zombie apocalypse feeling to it. No no no.

When applied, this smells like sweet strawberry peachy hard candy.

Dry, it smells like sweet strawberry peachy hard candy with perhaps a tiny hint of cheesecake, or I might just be imagining that. And, alas, a weird bitter plastic when I smell up close. DH said it smells of strawberry-scented children’s shampoo. Not awesome. Not that it smells bad, or even cloying. Just… artificial. Boo. Doesn’t work for me.

Sticky glaze is right!

Beaver Moon 2010 is a super-sweet oil, there is nothing creamy about it. I wish I could smell the cheesecake component, but it's yummy regardless. It's also one of the longer lasting oils I've tried, I can still smell it on myself when I hit the sheets. This version is much more sugary than its previous incarnations.

I usually don't have good luck with the Beaver Moon scents but I keep buying them because they always sound so good. :) To my surprise, Beaver Moon 2011 actually turned out very nicely on me - it starts off very peachy but gradually the peach burns away, leaving a thick slurry of strawberry and glaze heaped over cheesecake. The strawberry note isn't super realistic - it's the smell of strawberry lollipops, gummy candy, and pie filling. It's sweet and thick and leaves just of a dollop of cheesecake recognizable underneath. It's definitely the best strawberry scent I've ever smelled from the Lab. I'm very happy I went ahead and got a bottle of this. It's super yummy.

In the bottle - A fake, slightly chalky strawberry scent

Wet on me - Soft and creamy but overlain by that fake strawberry note

Dry on me - A slight hint of cream and an even slighter hint of sweetness

Overall - Faded very quickly on my skin

In the bottle: Heavy, syrupy fruit.

Immediately after application: More of the cheesecake on my skin, still that lovely syrupy fruit too.

Warming up: YUMMY!

Fading: Cheesecake and strawberry.

Faded: Average throw, average to long wear.

Overall: LOVE.

Rating: 5/5.

At the time of this review my bottle was about 3 years old, so not exactly fresh but not heavily aged either.

When I first put this on again, I couldn't remember what it was supposed to smell like and what I was smelling reminded me of the toffees I used to eat on holiday as a child. I smelled a strange caramel like scent and a sharper note that reminded me of mint. Those toffees used to be ones with just caramel and ones with caramel and mint and they were lovely. After a few minutes I checked this site to see what I was actually smelling because I was really curious. I read that it should smell like strawberry and peach cheesecake with glaze, but at that time it didn't smell like that to me. During the next 15 minutes the scent morphed into the scent it would be. I could smell a strange fruity like smell that would be a little peach with a lot of strawberry. Not fresh strawberry but canned strawberry in syrop or something like that. I didn't smell any cheesecake or glaze, just a weird smell with strawberry and a bit of peach with other stuff that made a weird but nice smelling scent that I would not be able to identify if I hadn't know the scent description of this one. Maybe there is a little creamy note in there as well that made me think of caramel in the fist place.

So if you are looking for a cheesecake scent you will be disappointed. But if you are looking for a weird and interesting scent which is hard to pin down exactly, then this is the scent for you.

It's not one of my favorites, but I do like it.

Like all BPAL scents I feel this is great for all genders, nothing is masculine or feminine, it is whatever and however it makes you feel. In the same way all BPAL scents are also innocent and sensual at the same time because it depends on the wearers personality, mood and vibe. And it is suitable for all ages (most BPAL scents are in my opinion, perhaps only the ones with alcoholic notes and tobacco/smoke notes are not).)

Edited by Freya778
Typo's and added some things

This is, quite literally (and simply) strawberry cheesecake with a light graham cracker crust. :yum: I don't smell any peaches in this at all, the fruit is pure strawberries on me. As this dries, it becomes creamier and more cheesecake-like. My bottle only arrived yesterday, I quickly slathered it on before heading to a skating practice where I received a ton of compliments on the way I smelled. That's a huge WIN for Beaver Moon 2010 :wub2:

I love Beaver Moon scents! :wub2:

in the bottle: light peach and strawberry

wet on skin: now some of the cake is coming out but it's not cheesecakey to me, not like the other beaver moons. This is just sugary cake, strawberry, and peach.

drydown: when it dries down they all blend together creating a soft sweet foodie peach and strawberry cake scent. It had good throw too. I got compliments when I wore this one.

Not sure why but over time I sold/swapped this one...maybe the staying power went away or I really needed some money. Maybe I'll get it back one day. But i do love all the other Beaver Moon scents more so maybe that was just it.

Wet: Peach hard candy!

Dry: Peach -and- strawberry hard candy! There's really no cheesecake that's appeared in this blend, but I'm actually not too disappointed by that. I like sticky-sweet candy scents, and this is really nice. :D

I was frimped a tiny tester of Beaver Moon 2010, and that is all I need. Unlike donkehpoo, I don't like sticky-sweet candy scents, and that's all I'm getting. Those strawberry hard candies in the wrapper that looks like a strawberry, with a little little gummy peach candy. No cheesecake on me.

I don't mind cheesecake and I love strawberry and peach, so I figured this would be up my alley. Almost. I think it being aged contributed to the sharp plasticky glaze I get at first sniff and in the wet on skin stage...sharp plasticky strawberry heavy "glaze." Super artificial strawberry candy. It's beautiful a few hours later though, blooming into that mostly strawberry, hint of peach, hint of creamy cheesecake, and some of that graham cracker crust. I don't love it for that harsh opener but gods it's delicious once it mellows out, which makes it hard to decide if it's truly a keeper.