Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Muilearteach

I got Muilearteach in my Trick Inquisition. It was the one I least wanted to try because I knew it wouldn't work with my wonky skin chemistry. It smells like cheap perfumey soap. Not good. :ack:

Musk. Yes indeed. I can't differentiate between the "colors" of musk, but I do know it's something my skin likes to amp. Muilearteach puts me in mind of a lighter version of Now Winter Nights Enlarge. The cool/fruity "hoarfrost" I can detect in the bottle vanishes on me very quickly and it's, yep, musk.

This is heavy on the dark swarthy musk, and not so much sweet red or airy white. Not very much frostiness or icy note on my skin. It's... intriguing. There' a burnt vetiveresque note in the drydown.

I also can't spell it... Mrr.r.r.r.rguthr.ae.

I'm a murloc!

No soap, no bitter note, no blood; just musk, musk, and more musk, plus just the faintest peppery nose-prickle of snow. This is Smut sans sugar, Smut melted down into dark, dark liquid Eau de Sex God. If this scent was a guy, I'd beg him to bang me against the wall.

TMI? I think not, my friends. I think not.

In the bottle, this smells dark and spooky, snowy & cool.

On my skin, this smells like bpal's snow note (smooth, sweet, cool, kinda aquatic) plus something a little cleaner and sharper smelling, like a hint of ozone. There's also a dark, dry, and earthy note that makes me think of soot and ash (maybe the black musk, which sometimes smells rather smoky on my skin). As it dries down, the red musk makes the scent a bit sweeter and warmer, and the earthier notes fade over time. It's a sexy, clean scent that I think would be amazing on a man.

Muilearteach is so interesting. I'm very intrigued by it and keep going back to it. It's an unusual scent and I like it (and plan to give the bottle to my hubby). The snowy/clean ozone notes are really nice and refreshing, and I normally don't like clean scents, while the musk gives the blend a sexier edge and some depth. I can't wait to see how this one ages with all of the musks...

ETA: This and Licorice Bats are the only keepers for me from the Halloween 2010 inquisition series. Both have gotten better with age. Muilearteach is so dark and decadent smelling... makes me think of thick incense smoke, dark velvet, and black pen ink. I love it. Bpal's black musk usually doesn't work for me, but this smells resinous and inky in an awesome way. Similar to the dark, resinous muskiness in Lil Menes Feline Entertainments.

Edited by Little Bird

I tried a little of this in the crook of my arm. OMG>>> I SMELL LIKE A SEXY MAN!! I swear its what my hubby smells like when he gets out of the shower. Clean & sexy, freshly scrubed by a "guy" soap. Then a swipe of "guy" deo. Maybe even a spritz of a good quality cologne (no shitty "Axe" or anything like that) Then I get that hug and the smells just wrap around me. This would definitely be excellent on the male persuasion... :yum:

Muilearch is... well... really sexy guy. There is some white and green musk in this, and combined with the ozone notes comes out to smelling like a really 'clean guy' cologne. There is a touch of warmth underneath the coolness though. This is the sort of scent that a stoic romantic hero wears - you know the type. He won't say a word to you, but will help you out when you're in need.

In some ways, it sort of reminds me to Giorgio Armani's Aqua di Gio.

Aquatic, clean, sexy.

Musky and green, and it dries down to musky and SWEET after a while. Love it (but I'm a whore for musky scents so yeah)

A keeper, glad I have a bottle <3

VERY musky...this reminds me of old-fashioned perfume! I can see where it could be masculine, but I think it's more gender neutral, a sweet musk...almost a hint of amber as it dries down.

Cold, black musk. It's dry, kinda sweet with hints of ozone and pine. I wasn't feeling it at forst, but the longer I have it on, and the more I smell it is kinda growing on me. Not particularily bottle worthy, but I'll enjoy my decant.

I don't know what to make of this. Seriously...this is the first time that scent has completely thrown me. The black musk is perfumey, there is no blood note and I have no idea was bone white smells like. It works well with my skin but the perfumey quality of the black musk is turning me off a bit. Glad I got to try it...but it's a definite pass.

Muilearteach

On: Amazing. I'm getting a mixture of dark musk and a sweet, fruity musk. I adore it.

Half an hour in: There is a really pretty dry, powdery, tart note to this, with tons of different musks, none of them too heavy, underneath.

1.5 hours in: Amazing. Still a tart/sweet scent with musk underneath.

2 hours in: This is still sweet with musk underneath.

2.5 hours in: I put on a bit more, and this is back to being a tart, powdery scent with musk.

3 hours in: Still powdery and tart with musk.

Overall: This is really interesting and nice, but I don't think I'll be hunting down a bottle.

I've been on a black musk kick lately so I picked up an imp of this to try.

At first sniff I get a lot of red musk.

On my skin after a minute it's clearly just MUSKY. For some reason it's almost bordering on soapy. If I encountered someone who had this on I would tell them they smell good.... but for some reason it seems just a little too soapy or cologny for me... or maybe not. Hm. I really can't tell. It is very nice. No, there is something with too much of an edge here – ok, I think it's the black musk being overwhelmed by the white musk that makes this seem weirdly perfumy – I think I have issues with white musk.

It's weird that with all this musk it ends up smelling super clean.

To me, this is very musky (black musk? or red? I'm not sure), a bit of blood, and some sort of a dirt/dust note, that blends to the background with time. The frostiness takes a while to come on and it's very subtle but it's there to subdue the musk slightly.

My fav BPAL so far.

Sweet, musky, a little soapy. Not very strong.

I'm kinda underwhelmed by this, and I thought I'd like it.

Maybe I'll try it again later.

At first, I'm getting a blast of fruity red musk, or maybe it's the blood note with the dark musks. After a bit, it doesn't smell like red musk anymore, but a strong, overpowering musky musk, if that makes sense. I love the dark musk in Panther Moon and BTBT, but this is really cologney and overpowering. Not for me.

Muilearteach

In the Bottle:

Lots of musk - mostly red

On my Skin, Wet:

A burst of red musk, and a little bit of black musk.

these settle down with an icy background developing.

On my Skin, Dry:

Red musk, icicles (which smell a little like wet ozone, but it's definitely 'cold'), and a very faint vanilla spice undertone

Verdict:

I was intrigued by this one while it was available, then the musk was too much when it was fresh.

after a year of aging - this is GORGEOUS!

the musks aren't as overpowering as they once were, I love the cold element, and the weird apparition of the vanilla spice is just glorious!

I love this Trick! :D