Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Red_Hot_Mama

Berry Scents - Blackberry, Red Berries

Glasgow is my favorite berry scent, although it is not especially blackberryish eight months after purchase - fresh, though, it's like walking past a blackberry bush.

I think Jersey Devil might be exactly what you're looking for: The scent of the wild, hauntingly beautiful Pine Barrens of New Jersey! Pitch pine with blackberry leaf, cranberry, cedar wood and tomato leaf.

Definitely Bewitched! Not just the "berry" part, but even the "picking" one: tea and musk give it a green leaves/slightly dump soil feeling - just like lying on a wood ground while plucking berries.

A recommendation from someone who does not really like the berry scents - Daiyu!

I dont even like berries but it still was very nice, first juicy berries and then when they fade away it has the nicest creamy musk.

Oh! There are many! Even of the darker berry-scents. I want bewitched and the jersey devil, at least. Rosalind and glasgow as well. And Lampades! Persephone if I dare trying more flowery scents. If I dare...

And the red queen! And Medea, if I dare the incense.

Hm.. Oh. There are so many berries. Whii!

My berry scents, let me show you them! :P

Akuma: Bright and fizzy! This is a fun, light scent.

Australian Copperhead: Acai berry plus Snake Oil. Rich and complex, this is one of the scents I wear when I do want people to recognize I'm wearing perfume as opposed to just smelling good (not that "just smelling good" is at all a bad thing!)

Dionysia: If you can wear resins, this is a lovely dark incensy berry blend.

Eat Me: This is definitely foodie, but the currants are quite prominent. Delish.

Lady Una: Blackberry wine! The green tea plays counterpoint to the honey (musk) and blackberry -- it's a beautiful blend.

As far as LE's go, Blue fire is an amazing blueberry scent, and is pretty easy to find second-hand.

My two most favoritest berries are Bewitched and Lady Una. Bewitched is a dark, sexy berry while Lady Una is a sweet, yummy berry.

I have tried Glasgow and while it is undeniably blackberry, it's a little too herbal/floral for my tastes.

One that's very berry that hasn't been mentioned is Jester. I believe it's huckleberry, but I think it would be right up your alley!

Anyone looking for a nice, bright blackberry blend should definitely try Couple Consulting an Enpon. I really got the blackberry note in that one!

I recently tried Australian Copperhead and I love love love love love it. Apparently I love the way acai berries smell. Unfortunately, there are only 2 other scents available with acai. Does anyone know if the Slippery Poppy Tincture or Daiyu have a similarly bright red berry scent?

Serpents With Glittering Eyes & Forky Tongues has Red Currant that I adore :wub: Currant & Lime..kind of a sweet-tart berry... yumm

Jester also has a similar vibe...with Jester being wacky, and Serpents it's cool slithery sister? hehe

I needs to try me some Australian Copperhead asap...

Oh & the one of the new Ides LE's -The Deserted Village- goin in my shopping cart! :)

The Oblation smells to me like wandering around by a blackberry bush.

I just discovered this one and I love it.

My husband doesn't... but that won't stop me! :D

I recently tried Australian Copperhead and I love love love love love it. Apparently I love the way acai berries smell. Unfortunately, there are only 2 other scents available with acai. Does anyone know if the Slippery Poppy Tincture or Daiyu have a similarly bright red berry scent?

I can pick out the acai in both of the aforementioned blends, but neither works half so well for me as Australian Copperhead does.

The acai is more prominent in SPT, but the poppy has a LOT of greenery. It smells very fresh and almost damp (slippery!), which is probably why it doesn't work for me. If you can do green/aquatic blends, you might enjoy it.

Daiyu was more chrysanthemum tea with a hint of acai.

I can pick out the acai in both of the aforementioned blends, but neither works half so well for me as Australian Copperhead does.

The acai is more prominent in SPT, but the poppy has a LOT of greenery. It smells very fresh and almost damp (slippery!), which is probably why it doesn't work for me. If you can do green/aquatic blends, you might enjoy it.

Daiyu was more chrysanthemum tea with a hint of acai.

Hmmm chysanthemum tea with a hint of acai? That sounds...tasty. I'm not really sure about greenery yet...I don't think I've tried many green or aquatic scents. I think I'll track down a couple of imps/decants if I can. Thanks!

Edited by beliefunwrought

Anyone looking for a nice, bright blackberry blend should definitely try Couple Consulting an Enpon. I really got the blackberry note in that one!

I agree! I got a very rich, almost jammy blackberry with a hint of booze from this. It's scrumptious & my DH likes it, too! (Unsolicited compliment, not me saying: "Isn't this nice?" :D )

This one & Lady Una are my favorite blackberries.

What offerings in the GC are there for strawberry scents? I've tried Mania, but I smelled no strawberry, just a lot of red musk and something herbal. Is Bon Vivant a better choice if I'm looking for a strong and fruity strawberry scent?

Edited by Beevee

Maenad is pretty awesome. It's a sweet (and sometimes slightly incensy) berry but a true strawberry scent! Very girly and fresh.

What offerings in the GC are there for strawberry scents? I've tried Mania, but I smelled no strawberry, just a lot of red musk and something herbal. Is Bon Vivant a better choice if I'm looking for a strong and fruity strawberry scent?

I think Bon Vivant gives you a stronger strawberry than Mania or Maenad, in my opinion.

There isn't much in GCs for strawberry blends. I think it's because the strawberry E/O or F/O isn't that common.

Oh man, I'm thirding (I think?) the mentions upthread of The Oblation being an awesome blackberry blend. I somehow missed this while it was available (probably because of the florals listed first in the notes), but it's an amazing tart, juicy blackberry with a little honey sweetness and some lavender lurking about at the edges.

Also agreeing that Bon Vivant is the most strawberry of any I've tried in the GC. I find the champagne aspect of it is pretty low key and just adds a bit of dry fizziness to the scent. I really enjoy it. :)

I'll definitely be putting in for a bottle of Bon Vivant in my next order and maybe an imp of Maenad too. Thanks! :D

Bewitched is mentioned a lot. It was much too sweet for me. I prefer Glasgow, it's like sun-warmed blackberries still on the plant.

Swank is listed as pomegranate, but it smells like raspberries on me.

Hollywood Babylon has strawberry and black cherry. It's very nice, though I get more general fruitiness than berry.

I'm looking for berry scents for my next order, but not specially sweet berry scents (find them rather fake, sadly)... more like, sour berries...

A nice, fresh, tangy scent...

I'm ordering Florence, Slippery poppy Tincture, Knave of Hearts, Bewitched and Glasgow.

Are those good choices?

I mean, I have no doubts about some of those, Slippery Poppy Tincture and Glasgow, don't seem to be scents that will go sickly-sweet and un-realistic... but the rest?

I'm looking for berry scents for my next order, but not specially sweet berry scents (find them rather fake, sadly)... more like, sour berries...

A nice, fresh, tangy scent...

I'm ordering Florence, Slippery poppy Tincture, Knave of Hearts, Bewitched and Glasgow.

Are those good choices?

I mean, I have no doubts about some of those, Slippery Poppy Tincture and Glasgow, don't seem to be scents that will go sickly-sweet and un-realistic... but the rest?

Good choices with the Slippery Poppy (very tart pink berry scent) and Glasgow is fresh with an herby feel. I have a problem where I love berry scents but some the berries in the BPAL blends can turn on be and be really "sticky" I am a fan of the blackberry notes because they don't do that for me. That being said, Bewitched is wonderful. The tea and musk are slightly soft and earthy and the berry really popo out (in a good way). Florence didn't work on me, it turned too weirdly spicy on me.

I would recommend: Baneberry (nice rich deep berry), Prunella (plums can be sort of berryish and this one has a lot of green steminess from the wildflowers), and Faiza, the Black Mamba (very smooth and elegant).

A lot of other ones like Akuma or Maenad turned sticky on me. While I didn't get anyfruit from SHango and Oya.

Its a lot of trial and error, good luck! :D

A lot of berry scents turn way too sticky-sweet on me, too...or they just get overwhelmed by other notes, like Lampades is purely resins. But I find that if a scent says anything about wine notes (Athens, or Fairy Wine especially, Haloa, Horreur Sympathique), it turns into a nice, earthy and non-syrupy berry on me. My skin is weird, but there ya go.