Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

I was coming here with the same question -- my 1/13 order for various GCs and a bunch of Lupers is still showing "awaiting shipment," though I've been seeing people reporting CnS already. So not to worry?

UPDATED TO ADD: Just got my CnS, so anyone else wondering the same thing, do not worry!

Edited by Gateau

OK...when I log in to view my bank account balance, I see that I was charged through CCNOW for my Blackbear Moon order on Friday. On Saturday, CCNOW reversed the charges and refunded me.

I have not received any communication from either the Lab or CCNow as to why charges would be reversed. Has anyone else had this happen?

EDIT: d'oh. nevermind. found information on this back in the thread aways. Not sure how I missed it the first time.

UPDATE: after CCNOW charged me twice and refunded me twice in 48 hours, they charge me a third time. An couple hours after that I got my CnS and this morning the package was waiting on my doorstep. So while CCNow and the USPS were a little off schedule, the Lab was right on time. Everything worked out OK in the end.

Edited by crimescenecleanup

OK I give up on CCNow, I will only use Paypal after this last interesting experience. I made a kind of big (just shy of $300) order on February 4th. The order was shipped by the Lab on the 9th, and I got it a couple days after. Today, which is the 14th, they finally charged my card. What?? So weird. I never checked, as the order appeared to go through just fine. I did not realize you could get Black Pheonix on credit B)

Oh, and just as a note, there were no charge backs, I was not out of $$ in that account, the charge was just never made. Also, I made a trading post order through CCNow on the 12th, and that was already charged.

Edited by stellamaris

OK I give up on CCNow, I will only use Paypal after this last interesting experience. I made a kind of big (just shy of $300) order on February 4th. The order was shipped by the Lab on the 9th, and I got it a couple days after. Today, which is the 14th, they finally charged my card. What?? So weird. I never checked, as the order appeared to go through just fine. I did not realize you could get Black Pheonix on credit B)

Oh, and just as a note, there were no charge backs, I was not out of $$ in that account, the charge was just never made. Also, I made a trading post order through CCNow on the 12th, and that was already charged.

That happened to me, too. I had two charges on February 10th, and I was shocked because I thought they had somehow charged me for someone else's orders. I went back through my charge history, and there were two orders I'd never paid for - one that I received on Jan 10th and another I received on Jan 21st. I had one order a whole month before I paid for it. :lol:

Perhaps, it was just a bit of leap day "mischief" on behalf of the system, but it seems CCNow has decided to charge me twice to one bill/order.

To those this has happened to before, about how long did it take for the situation to right itself (if you recall)? Did you have to contact the Lab or CCNow directly?

(On the other hand, best case scenario would be me getting a double order of what I placed and more to share and swap... ^_^ More Fredric in my grubby little paws for a while :whistle: )

Edit: Derp moment and read the FAQs. I guess just a matter of waiting for the second charge (as it did add up to such after examining my CC balance closely) is canceled/refunded. :3

Edited by Scentophile

I think this is the right place to ask this...I apologize in advance if I've missed the mark.

I went to the Lab's site, and tried to purchase a few of the Salon scents (Les Anges Dechus and The Smiling Spider), and got the following error from CCNow:

"Invalid Product

The product ID you supplied is not on file.

Please use the return link, and try again.

If this problem persists, contact the administrator of the Web site where you are shopping. "

As a test, I tried to add some other, random scents (A GC and a different Salon scent) and those went fine. Does this error message really mean there's an error, or am I just super-unlucky and the 2 Salon scents I really wanted have been DC'd? Anyone have this happen before?

ETA: Never mind, it seems to have fixed itself overnight. Wonder what that was all about.

Edited by burymestanding

i ordered 1 bottle of l'essence de l'engouement and 1 bottle of l'essence de la passion from BPTP on march 19. via the link in the CCnow email, it says it shipped on April 4. i never got a CNS notification. if the link in the CCnow email indicates it shipped, does that mean it really shipped? i'm very concerned because these scents are no longer available. i was really looking forward to having them.

ETA: i noticed earlier in the thread that if ccnow says it shipped it means the lab just got the order. does that mean i won't get my perfume? i don't think they were available anymore on april 4th. i had no indication that there was a problem with my order. i just thought it was taking a long time. if i knew that earlier, i would have ordered them again while they were still available.

ETA again: it looks like my card wasn't charged until the 5th, but i'm not sure because the layout of that site is confusing. i should probably just email the lab :lol:

Edited by ModderRhu

"Shipped" on CCNow doesn't meet the Lab/BPTP just got (meaning received) the order; it think it means that they harvested the order from CCNow as part of the order fulfillment process. The bottles weren't available to be ordered by then, but you had put your order in already, so you should be fine. You can check with them just to be sure.

So my credit card just got declined for an order because Fraud Services said CCNow was providing really vague info and they thought it was a scam or a stolen card number... the automated call I got said the payment was for something along the line of "computer services," which didn't sound right at all, so I had to call them to get the details on the amount and who was actually trying to charge to the card before I realized what it was for. Apparently CCNow tried to charge it twice on the same card, once with "computer services" and once with "specialty retail goods" and were denied twice. Annoying.

On the other hand, when I got the notice from CCNow this morning, I put it through again using the other credit card I have from the same provider, and it went through fine, I guess because I usually do all my online shopping with that one and it seemed more normal to them? I'm glad they're keeping an eye out for me, but it was still kind of frustrating, especially with that vague "computer services" designation for the payment.

I have a question and I hope this is the right place to ask it.

The question is: Have the shipping costs changed recently? More specificly, have they been reduced within the past two months? Sounds crazy, I know, but I've been playing with the shopping cart just now, and when I try to place an order to be delivered to the UK it shows shipping and packaging costs as £12.79 GBP. I thought this can't be right, I went to my email inbox to dig out a ccnow invoice from two months ago, and back then I was charged £19.39 GBP. How come? I haven't heard anything about reducing shipping costs, maybe I've just missed it. Would be quite nice though if that's true, there is no way I can justify paying almost £20 for shipping alone. That's what, $30+. Madness!

This was the latest announcement about shipping rates, from January of this year. Could it be that you were eligible for the flat rate shipping this time around? At today's exchange rate, 19 USD is about 12.35 BPS.

Today the USPS increased its prices for both domestic and international shipping.

While the domestic increase is small enough for us to absorb, the international increase is pretty hefty.

As of today, our shipping rates are as follows:

Domestic shipping rates for the US are as follows:

Orders totaling up to $150.00: $7.50

…up to $300.00: $12.00

…up to $500.00: $14.00

International shipping costs vary depending on the location we’re shipping to and the weight of the package. The latter is determined by the number of bottles that we’re sending out.

We use USPS Flat Rate on most international shipments. The Flat Rate service offered by USPS features a fixed price per package, regardless of weight. As a rule, we can fit up to 24 items in International Flat Rate packaging with occasional exceptions.

The International Flat Rate shipping fee is $19.00 for all orders up to 24 bottles; the rate jumps to $43.00 on orders containing more that 20 items that won’t entirely fit in the Flat Rate box. Shipping is free for all orders that exceed $500.

For Canadian orders, $15.00 will cover shipments up to 24 items; the price is $28.00 for shipping over 24 items.

For Eastern European countires, such as Russia, Czech Republic, Moldova or Poland, $20.00 will cover shipments up to 24 items; the price is $50.00 for shipping over 24 items.

Shipping costs will be waived for all orders over $500.00, both domestic and international.

This pricing applies to both Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and Twilight Alchemy Lab. Because Black Phoenix Trading Post’s shipping grid is more complex, they will be issuing their revised shipping scale within the next few days.

Well the update you've quoted is about price increase and I've experienced the opposite! I added the same amount of bottles to my cart and the shipping was less than two months ago. Not sure why but I do hope it stays that way. ;)

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Almond Blossom

QUESTION: I am totally new to this ordering thing and I was wondering... can i pay with CCnow using my ELECTRON VISA card? I know that CCnow accepts VISAs and most places that accepts payement through VISA accepts it through VISA ELECTRON... the difference between the two being that VISA ELECTRON is a pre-paid card

Hello. Can someone relieve a newbie's anxiety?

I ordered a Limited Edition (single note) along with some GC imps via CCNow* on 4 July and the page linked in the reply e-mail still reads:

Order Status: Awaiting Shipment

Order History: 04 Jul 2012 - Received

Plus I found this from earlier in this thread (bolding mine):

The CCNow shipping status is the source of lots of confusion - it actually means that CCNow has sent the orders to the Lab, not that the Lab has physically shipped it to you (apparently, CCNow batches the orders periodically instead of sending them one at a time &/or in real time). You should receive a USPS Click 'n Ship via e-mail when your order ships from the Lab

I'm worried because of the time sensitive nature of the LE. How long should I wait before e-mailing the Lab?

*This is my first order with CCNow. I never had a problem with PayPal before but now they're demanding a photo ID to unfreeze my account (and the accounts most if not all of their other customers) - seriously, WTF?

I ordered a Limited Edition (single note) along with some GC imps via CCNow* on 4 July and the page linked in the reply e-mail still reads:

The CCNow shipping status is the source of lots of confusion - it actually means that CCNow has sent the orders to the Lab, not that the Lab has physically shipped it to you (apparently, CCNow batches the orders periodically instead of sending them one at a time &/or in real time). You should receive a USPS Click 'n Ship via e-mail when your order ships from the Lab

I'm worried because of the time sensitive nature of the LE. How long should I wait before e-mailing the Lab?

*This is my first order with CCNow. I never had a problem with PayPal before but now they're demanding a photo ID to unfreeze my account (and the accounts most if not all of their other customers) - seriously, WTF?

You should pretty much ignore the link in the email. It really doesn't have anything to do with anything. They go by the date that you ordered not the day that they harvest payments. I've received orders before CC Now said they were even shipped. I kind of wish that the link wasn't even there because it causes so many people stress.

You should pretty much ignore the link in the email. It really doesn't have anything to do with anything. They go by the date that you ordered not the day that they harvest payments. I've received orders before CC Now said they were even shipped. I kind of wish that the link wasn't even there because it causes so many people stress.

That eases my mind considerably. Thank you for the prompt reply!

edited to add: Also thank you Quiet_Owl for the post below mine.

Edited by hexnut

I just got my CnS for 2 orders, 1 I placed on 6/30 and the second one on 7/1. So I bet yours are coming soon!

OK, I stupidly ordered Butterscotch Balls and Blackbeetles and a bottle of Haunted through CCnow because I was too lazy to go through the more time-consuming process of figuring up my order cost for Paypal. Now I don't have a CnS, people who ordered after I did have gotten a CnS, and Blackbeetles is listed as being sold out. Should I be worried?

Nope. ;) Just hang on for a bit! It could be the bottle of Haunted holding you up...maybe they needed to mix a new batch of that. Whatever the case, though, don't fret! CCNow is a bit of a pain in the butt, but in this case you should be perfectly fine.

I made an order on 9/14, and the transaction went through the bank in a couple days. Then I received the Click-N-Ship notification on 9/21 and my package arrived today, 9/24. However, several hours later I get a notification from my bank saying my account is close to being overdrawn. There is a charge for my initial order from CCNow, then another one under it that is labeled as a reversal, both dated 9/24. But if it was a reversal, wouldn't it be a deposit/refund-what-not and not a double charge? I know about this:

My credit card statement showed an initial charge for my order, which disappeared, and now there is a new charge. Was my card double charged?

CCNow does a pre-authorization to validate the order before sending it to the Lab, which is reversed before the actual charge is applied.

But why would they pre-authorize it AFTER the payment was already processed? The first charge did not disappear, it just changed dates and has another charge underneath that says reversal. And why did this happen AFTER I have already received my order? o_O;

Edited by HowComical

I haven't read through all the old messages on this thread, but today CCNow rejected my BPAL order on the grounds that "The location of the IP address recorded did not match the shipping and/or billing information for this order."

Not sure why this message is popping up now. I've ordered from the Lab before several times without incident, and none of my information has changed - same credit card, same computer, same Internet provider, same home address for both billing and shipping. I could have done something dumb like mis-type my credit card number, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to go back and check - and it seems like that would have generated a different error message anyway.

I did email both the lab and CCNow about it; I'm just wondering if others have encountered this.

Isn't there a way to pay via Paypal for BPAL orders?

Wasn't there supposed to be a website redesign that eliminated CCNow?

I haven't read through all the old messages on this thread, but today CCNow rejected my BPAL order on the grounds that "The location of the IP address recorded did not match the shipping and/or billing information for this order."

Not sure why this message is popping up now. I've ordered from the Lab before several times without incident, and none of my information has changed - same credit card, same computer, same Internet provider, same home address for both billing and shipping. I could have done something dumb like mis-type my credit card number, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to go back and check - and it seems like that would have generated a different error message anyway.

I did email both the lab and CCNow about it; I'm just wondering if others have encountered this.

They are still in the process of phasing out CCNow AFAIK? I stopped using CCNow completely after I heard that people might get charged an "international service fee" from their banks. (This was in an email sent out by the lab on 2/25 letting us know that CCNOW was sold on January 1st to another company and is now based internationally.)

You can pay for both trading post and lab orders with PayPal.

From the BPAL FAQ:

How do I order through Paypal? Can I tell you what I want so you can send me an invoice?

We do not send Paypal invoices. To place an order through Paypal, first construct your order, then calculate your total and:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and click on "send money"

2. Address your payment to paypal@blackphoenixalchemylab.com (if doing a trading post order, the email is tradingpost@papow.net.)

3. At the "review and confirm" stage, list your selections in the message box provided

4. Please be sure to send payment in US Dollars only

If your selections do not fit in Paypal's message box, please email your selections to Customer Service after sending the payment.

Please note:

You may use our online shopping cart to construct your order and calculate your total, but please do not click on "checkout" if you are paying with Paypal. The checkout feature is for credit card orders only. Please do not select Paypal as payment method on a CCNow order. We get double charged for all orders that use both Paypal and CCNow together.

Edited by TwilightEyes

Here's the info on how to use PayPal to place a Lab order, copied from the Lab's FAQ:

How do I order through Paypal? Can I tell you what I want so you can send me an invoice?

We do not send Paypal invoices. To place an order through Paypal, first construct your order, then calculate your total and:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and click on "send money"

2. Address your payment to paypal@blackphoenixalchemylab.com

3. At the "review and confirm" stage, list your selections in the message box provided

4. Please be sure to send payment in US Dollars only

If your selections do not fit in Paypal's message box, please email your selections to Customer Service after sending the payment.

Please note:

You may use our online shopping cart to construct your order and calculate your total, but please do not click on "checkout" if you are paying with Paypal. The checkout feature is for credit card orders only. Please do not select Paypal as payment method on a CCNow order. We get double charged for all orders that use both Paypal and CCNow together.

I would advise not using CCNow at this point, anyway. They got sold to a foreign company, so it shows up to your credit card company as a foreign transaction. I got charged a foreign transaction fee on two different credit cards (both issued by Citi Bank, by the way). I called to dispute one of them (arguing that I live in Florida and was ordering from a company in California), and got absolutely nowhere with the "customer service" agent. I didn't even bother calling to dispute the 2nd foreign transaction fee after that; I've just been giving those cards a rest for the last couple of months.

As far as your immediate problem with the rejection message, I haven't seen that because I haven't used CCNow lately.

Ugh, I'm tempted to just put my order on a slip of paper and write a check. The reply from CCNow does not indicate that they have any idea what that error message means themselves: they just suggest I "try entering my order again."

Well, thanks for the inside info on how to order via Paypal. I had seen those directions before, but not realized why they're necessary. I just thought it was a weirdly elaborate workaround for those who don't have credit cards or something.