Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A frimp with each Black Helicopter purchase. No description available.

imp: bright, sweet metallic.

wet: this smells a bit like a light, sweet aquatic over a bright metallic. not jarring or sharp at all, very clean and tame.

dry: as this dries, an almost tart accent emerges. not citrus, but that sort of effervescent feel. i like this more than almost any other metallic scent i've ever tried.

(edited for spelling idiocy)

:::TIN FOIL HAT:::

The next in line to review this one?

Only the second?

Really??

Glee!!!

There is such a vast capacity for love of this fragrance, that it is a tragedy in the making. Someone REALLY should reconsider with this one. No, REALLY. Ten millilitres is practically a MUST!!

There have been intergalactic quantities of excitement beamed directly into the pineal gland and the frontal lobes, even as this review is being composed!

That extraterrestrial intelligence(s) contributed to the development of Tin Foil Hat should come as a surprise to no one.

Ahem.

From the freshly uncapped Frimp:

*Rocket-propelled backflop onto the carpets*

The Wife can vacuum up the husband later; after the cessation of bubble-blowing, perhaps.

Tin Foil Hat is STUbleepingPENDOUS!!! Holy Shart, gnaw-yer-knuckles and click-yer-heels-until-they-spark, outrageously magnificent!

It's been more than a year, but a cigarette is needed after that one!

Whew!

Okay, POSSIBLY Cucumber, Chrome, Lime, Melon, Mint, Lilac, Musk, Amber, Tangerine, Zucchini Blossom, Honeysuckle, Passion Flower, Balsam, Brilliantine, or, maybe, Ambergris.

Tin Foil Hat is an electrified Louis-Lime Otter Pop.

Atomic Mint-Chip ice cream.

Tin Foil Hat is an otherwise stunning gentleman with brillianteened hair, a pinstripe suit, ascot, and spats... Yet, his smile looks like a caricature of itsself and his left pupil is blown...

If Villain and Whitechapel collaborated to instigate the perfect crime spree of the century, the Tin Foil Hat would be the bust; tittering the whole way to his padded cell.

Lovecraft himself would assert that there is no way that whoever smelled like this could be quite right.

On the skin: Ahhhhh... Yup.Tin Foil Hat is Brilliantine,Lilac- Lime aftershave, Apple-Mint chewing gum, and the smell of the tines of the shopping cart you're riding in as it hurtles downhill, zooming toward the gates of some Top-Secret military research facility, playing the theme music from, "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" aggressively on your kazoo, your new hat glinting proudly in the sun before the eyes of the terrified guards at the gate.

Tin Foil Hat is excruciatingly superb.

On a scale of 1 to 5, this one's dang near a 6!!!

Spectrally, Tin Foil Hat is a fluorescent, pastel green with threads of tinsel thrown in for good measure.

This could be a new favourite for absolute certain.

Forumites, band together, form a democracy of sorts and vote for Tin Foil Hat to earn a slot of permanence in the Lab's catalogue!!!

Grandly unisex, this would be a Pandora's Box, were it carelessly unleashed on the skin of Him or Her.

In fact, were a dozen or so people to get together, imbibe liquors, and wear this fragrance, one and all, at a party at night in the heights of summer, it would indesputably go down in legend, and even eye contact would prove... Akward.

Tin Foil Hat ROCKS @$$.

Cast your vote!!!

Edited by impolight

I smell like tin foil!

No, really, I smell like ozone. Straight metallic scents, with nothing else to ground them, usually just turn to to tart, fresh soapiness for me. There's really nothing wrong with that, and it's actually rather pretty-- bright, dewy, with a silken, mirror-like texture-- but not very different from, say, Lightning or Tempest on my skin.

It is one of the better fresh, ozone, metal scents in that it's not overly "perfumey," but if someone else out there can put it to better use, I should probably let this one go. Not my style. :D

This starts of very tart (I think it's lime and bergamot), with some metallic, and aquatic notes. I also get some lavender, musk (black?), with a bit of something green and fresh. On my skin I don't find it sweet at all, and it's very masculine, and bit dry.

I've smelt something similar to this before. It vaguely reminds me of an men's aquatic citrus cologne, like "Cool Water" with citrus.

Personally, I don't like this at all. I usually enjoy wearing masculine type scents, but something here (I think it's the aquatic or metallic note ) is

is really amping and starting to give me a headache. Strong throw and longevity. One of the handful of bpal scents I've ever had to wash off. :(

Sharp, metallic, ozone, and aquatic notes on my skin. As it begins to dry, I agree there is a bit of citrus vibe to it. Oh, and a very masculine scent.

Edited by angelicruin

Tin Foil Hat - This smells like a citrus and metallic men's cologne. It's quite nice, actually. The staying power is amazing, too. I was decanting Tin Foil Hat to spread among my decant group members last night, ended up with a leaker, and as a result, I ended up with Tin Foil Hat all over one of my arms long before I was planning to "officially" test it out. This morning, I woke up, rolled over, and was pleasantly surprised at the nice, masculine scent of Tin Foil Hat wafting over me. It's not at all the type of fragrance I would ever choose to wear on myself, but if my husband ever agrees to wear it, I'd love to smell this on him. It's very clean, fresh, metallic, and citrusy. Very nice.

I agree with aquatic, metallic, and ozone. I also get a hint of grape. It's a very light purple tin foil hat.

It reminds me of some other aquatic scents that I like, but it has that bracing metallic quality, too. Interesting but it's a little strong and after a while it's a little too much for me.

This was very hard to describe past 'metallic' and 'ozone'. There was a hint of sweetness, but not very dominant. A bold scent that would work well with a guy for sure. There's definitely an aquatic note to it while wet. Reminiscent of a guy's cologne as it dries with a bit more citrus and less metallic on the dry down. A clean scent, not cloying at all. It grew on me as dried, I could see myself wearing it too.

Hello men's cologne. How you've been?

This is masculine to say the least. Its nice enough for a guy, but this thing is strong so wear at your own risk. :blush:

OMG! Tinfoil Hat is C3PO's cologne. It's not a scent for carbon-based lifeforms, although it might work for Jamie Hyneman.

Very metallic, lots of ozone, a sharp smell like battery acid, and a little soapiness. It's very strong. I can taste the metal in the back of my mouth when I sniff it. I think of bright halogen lights, whirring sharp edged machines, yellow warning notices, and cabinets of explosives.

It didn't seem to moderate at all after I put it on. I didn't want to sleep in it so I washed it off. But it wouldn't wash off! It just softened down to something ozone-y and aquatic that reminded me of the body spray my teenage nephew uses.

I can't imagine wearing this under ordinary circumstances, it's just too metallic and pungent on me.

Smells like tin foil in the imp. Really metallic and nice.

On skin wet, it is a mix of metal and ozone. Behind that, is a clothesline/rain freshness.

As it dries...it becomes fuller...drops the rain/clothesline scent for a thicker, men's cologne type scent, though it is better than those words...slightly metallic, ozone, wood and whiff of wet floral cotton. Ends with almost a very light berry type rain scent. The finish is great, wish it would stay a bit longer. It's not a sweet fruit, but more of a metal ozone dry fruit...if you can imagine that.

I like it, but I think it reminds me of another perfume I have in my collection, can't remember what one it is though. Glad I got this with my bottle of Crop Circles. I'll keep the imp because it is the most "metal" of any BPAL oil I have tried, especially sniffed in the imp.

Edited by Madame Nyx

Huh. I don't get metal, ozone, cologne, or any of the other things everyone else seems to get. Once upon a time (read: the version with this name now isn't the same scent), probably about ten years ago, Bath & Body Works had a Stress Relief shower gel, lotion, and linen spray. The gel and lotion had little green blobs in them. Tin Foil Fat smells exactly like how I remember that shower gel. I think the notes included clary sage, spearmint, eucalyptus, and maybe lemon verbena. I loved that stuff, so I'm very happy to have this oil. It won't be something I wear frequently since it's not really my day-to-day style, but it will be awesome for those times when the craving/need hits.

This smells like a cross between Wilde and a clean, metallic/aquatic cologne (like House of Mirrors or Sea of Glass). It's not soapy exactly, but definitely smells clean and I kept worrying that it would go soapy. I get a lot of the cool, lemony sweetness in this that I get from Wilde, so I'm guessing that there might be bergamot in here as well.

Tin Foil Hat smells like a lot of the masculine blends that are widely available today. It's a clean, cool, masculine scent with touches of smooth, citrus sweetness. I kept thinking that I was wearing Wilde when I had this on, but it does have a cleaner edge to it than Wilde does.

Classic, citrusy men's cologne with a tinge of ozone. The guy who wears this would smell wonderfully fresh!

I love how the only scent from this line that I actually WANT is a frickin' imp with bottle purchase only. :rolleyes:

Fresh, clean, metallic, ozone, sparkly and pleasantly citrusy/fruity. It's light in feel but it actually has pretty good throw and longevity, again, better than most of the actual bottles. :heart:

HRUMPH. I am annoyed! Most awesome conceptual line in a while and the scents all bore me except for the ONE that I CAN't get. :cry2:

Edited by fairnymph

This actually reminds me of the cologne that my dad use to wear all the time when I was growing up. Tart, metallic and very masculine. I'm glad that I'll be getting a couple more imps when I order my bottles because then I can give my dad one or two and still have some for me! :D

This is aquatic and metallic all at once. I get hints of melon too. Its a nice metallic to me because it's not heavy metal. A definate keeper

Imp: Fresh and clean and ozoney.

Wet: Very kind of stereotypically "fresh."

Dry: Yeah, kind of a generic dudely cologne scent. But I am keeping this for the name and it will never stop being funny.

ETA that I wore this yesterday and my sister declared it her favorite scent on me ever. O.o Different strokes...

Edited by Nomie

What a weird combination!

I'm guessing lime and lavender, with something VERY ozone/aquatic that's creating the metallic edge. This is kinda irritating my nose - not in a sneezy way, just in an irritating way - it's not a smell I'm enjoying.

Very clean and fresh, maybe even slightly fizzy, but for me.. it smells like walking through the men's perfume area at the department store. You know how that smells.. the mix of all those Calvin Klein and Hugo Boss and Armani type colognes.

These kinds of BPALs just don't work on my skin, nor are they the kind of fragrance I like. So nope, not for me - I'll stick to using tin foil in the kitchen only.

Hrm I just smelled in the imp but I think I got some on my hands. It's nice and I think a great scent for guys. That said I can see how it might induce headaches down the road....will have to find someone to slather it on to test that theory ;)

On the skin: Huh, definitely metallic. Slightly soapy? Smells like nice hand soap to me.

Darn. Not for me.

In the imp, Tin Foil Hat is bright lemon-lime with a bite of thin metal.

On me: one of Bath & Body Works' men's body sprays. Maybe one of the green ones. Definitely ozone in there. Even more definitely not for me.